Quantcast

» «
Photo

2015 could be the best movie year of all time!

41 replies to this topic
lucid121
  • lucid121

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:20 PM

Holy sh*t, check this out:
http://www.movieinsi.../movies/-/2015/
My God, I am so hyped.

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

Basketballs don't hold grudges.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:50 PM

Could definitely be some good stuff in 2015, but remember, films can get delayed so some of these could get delayed a year or two.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:41 AM

Not the first time I've heard hype for 2015.

http://www.escapistm...tm_campaign=all

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:28 AM

I agree.  Many good movie coming out next year.  To me, thanks to the rise of comic book movies and geeky movies being turned into big blockbusters, it's really damn good to be a nerd right now and in general just a fan of blockbuster movies.  I don't remember a time where so many big blockbusters were coming out in the same year, and all have been hyped for so long.  And the thing is, it's been like this since 2011.  Every year has been great for a few years now.  It seems like 2015 is the culmination of a few big franchises.

geobst
  • geobst

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:40 AM Edited by geobst, 04 January 2014 - 02:40 AM.

There does seem to be quite a number of good sounding and good looking movies that are supposed to be released next year. As darthYENIK said, the past few years have been phenomenal despite the few franchise crushing movie releases and deals.

The last movie I was really excited about was The Hunger Games 2 but by the look of this list I'm going to be overwhelmed! (I'd give examples but I'm on my phone and its a bit of a task to write too much; stay tuned for that, folks!)

I've edited the title to make it basically look/sound better, by the way.

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:08 AM

I'm really looking forward to Assassin's Creed. Depending on who directs it, it could be really good. You got Fassbender in the lead. I hope they dont f*ck it up. And the Avengers sequel should be a lot of fun. I wasnt overly wowed by the first one but it was a solid summer flick. And while it won't be a blockbuster film, we
get another Scorsese film (Silence).

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:54 AM

Seriously an Assassins Creed movie? Movies based on videogames were never good...

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:14 AM Edited by Werebot85, 04 January 2014 - 11:17 AM.

Meh, just another year...

Only ones I'm really excited about at the moment are..

Jurassic World
Mad Max
James Bond
Star Wars (hell yes!! Lol)
Mission Impossible

geobst
  • geobst

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:45 PM

Star Wars

I won't even be going to see the new Star Wars. The franchise was originally made for six movies but now that Disney have the rights they're making a movie all of a sudden which to me, disrespects the franchises history and its fans.

My guess is that Disney will make this movie a prequel, set before the events of Star Wars, Episode I: The Phantom Menace. I'm guessing that after one or two movies they'll show the emperor (sith lord) learning the ways of the force from both the Jedi and the Sith's perspective and then go on to show him killing his master; he told Anakin that story in episode 3.

There's no way that Disney can make a sequel and make it successful if you ask me. After episode 6 the Sith were destroyed with the Death Star and what not, it wouldn't make sense to make a movie set after the events of 6. Hell, it doesn't make sense to make a prequel either.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:55 PM

Kung Fu Panda 3 :O 

American Sniper :O 

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon II :O

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:05 PM Edited by Werebot85, 04 January 2014 - 01:42 PM.

@geobst - I don't think it will be a prequel. It has been suggested that it will be the third trilogy taking place after the events of episode VI. It has also more or less been confirmed that Han Ford, Luke Hamill and Leia Fisher :p will reprise the roles they had in episodes IV-VI, which obviously rules out a prequel.

Even though no plot details have been revealed, George Lucas had plans to make a third trilogy long ago about rebuilding the Empire, so that might still be the case...

And don't forget that the mighty JJ Abrams is at the helm, and a couple of writers from the original trilogy are involved too...

It's gonna be super awesome if you ask me!

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:26 PM

@RoadRunner71 You're goddamn right, fella. I think the problem with video game movies is, well, that they all pale in comparison to actually playing the game. Because in that case, you get the same experience except you have control, so it's 100 times more fun. So that's why even the most promising overhyped video game movies will still pale in comparison to the actual game. Also, I take it you're talking about movies like Prince of Persia and Max Payne. If so, you gotta look on the plus side. I mean, look at movies like Silent Hill and Final Fantasy! They turned out to be extremely good! So can AC. I still think it might prove to be the perfect slice of cheesy, over-the-top blockbuster action that I need right now!

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:32 PM

Seriously an Assassins Creed movie? Movies based on videogames were never good...

Yeah but word is Michael Fassbender plays lead role. :^: Very decent actor, so it could be atleast worth a watch.

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:58 PM

I agree that movies based on games are usually not that good (like Tomb Raider or Prince of Persia), but I'll watch Assassins Creed anyway. It could be awesome, but I have a feeling it's gonna be quite boring instead. We'll see...

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:26 PM

Star Wars

I won't even be going to see the new Star Wars. The franchise was originally made for six movies but now that Disney have the rights they're making a movie all of a sudden which to me, disrespects the franchises history and its fans.

My guess is that Disney will make this movie a prequel, set before the events of Star Wars, Episode I: The Phantom Menace. I'm guessing that after one or two movies they'll show the emperor (sith lord) learning the ways of the force from both the Jedi and the Sith's perspective and then go on to show him killing his master; he told Anakin that story in episode 3.

There's no way that Disney can make a sequel and make it successful if you ask me. After episode 6 the Sith were destroyed with the Death Star and what not, it wouldn't make sense to make a movie set after the events of 6. Hell, it doesn't make sense to make a prequel either.

Disney isn't really making the movies.  Like how they don't make the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies.  Bad Robot (JJ Abrams) and what's left of Lucasfilms is making the movies.  I'm 100% in faith that episodes 7-9 will be great, or at least better than the prequels.

P.S. I love episode III.  Very close to being my favorite.

• Tacymist likes this

geobst
  • geobst

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:51 PM Edited by geobst, 04 January 2014 - 09:17 PM.

I can't see them being better than the originals or even the three prequels now, though. There'll be a little bit of tampering somewhere and it was probably Disney who pushed for another three movies. I doubt they'll be really bad but I really can't see them being better.

I didn't like the first prequel (The Phanton Menace), mostly because Ja Ja annoyed the hell out of me, but Attack of The Clones and Revenge of The Sith were actually quite alright. I liked RoTS because it basically revealed a lot about why Anakin turned to the dark side and what not. Originally we only saw Darth Vader's 'nicer' side after the Luke (and Vader later on) vs Sidius; RoTS showed us that Anakin didn't turn for little to no reason and that he did it [mainly] for the woman he loved because of the dreams he was having. Hell, after the dreams about his mother 'came to life' it gave him even more reason to believe the dreams about Padmé were also going to come to life.

I'll probably end up watching them when they're released on DVD or Netflix, but I doubt I'll be going to the cinema to watch them. I don't go to the cinema to watch movies unless I have really high hopes as ticket prices are sky high nowadays.

EDIT: Movies that are based off of games aren't always that bad. I didn't mind one or two of the Tomb Raider movies and the Resident Evil movies used to be good, they've gone sh*t now though, undoubtedly.

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

No Sleep Till Broker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:09 PM

All I want is Splinter Cell and Sin City: A Dame to Kill For.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:22 PM

Mmmm.. Splinter Cell film is something I've always dreamed for but I'd hate for Hollywood to tarnish it's name. Too bad Michael Ironside couldn't play the role due to age.. but damn, I miss him as the voice actor for the games already. Someone that takes the role of Sam Fisher has to be a hard ass and able to get the message across that Fisher is the one guy you wouldn't f*ck with. I wonder who could take such a role?

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:43 PM

Star Wars has officially been ruined since 1997 when Lucas changed it to Geedo shooting Han first. Then Phantom Menace came out and sh*ts on all of us. Then Attack of the Clones followed with its laughably bad romance (I hate sand, it gets everywhere) and a gratuitous use of special effects so that 99 percent of the film is in front of a blue screen. And ROTS was stupid because Anakin decides to turn evil because this guy who looks like a monster once knew a guy who told a really vague story about someone bringing someone back to life. He wasn't seduced by the dark side, he was tricked! And nothing else really mattered in those films, the only purpose was to put Anakin in the Darth Vader suit so they can make tons of money off of it. That was the point of everything. Argh, these films are giving me a headache. Watch the Mr Plinkett reviews if you actually want an in depth look at how bad these films were.

I have hopes that putting it into Abrams' hands will at least make VII watchable compared to Lucas' shambles, but I don't have faith.

On the topic of Video Game films; Silent Hill was good, and the Tekken film is fun in a 'so good its bad' sort of way.

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

No Sleep Till Broker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:30 PM

Mmmm.. Splinter Cell film is something I've always dreamed for but I'd hate for Hollywood to tarnish it's name. Too bad Michael Ironside couldn't play the role due to age.. but damn, I miss him as the voice actor for the games already. Someone that takes the role of Sam Fisher has to be a hard ass and able to get the message across that Fisher is the one guy you wouldn't f*ck with. I wonder who could take such a role?

Tom Hardy, I kinda would have gone with Gerard Butler or Ray Stevenson but they've been in too many similar roles. Olympus Has Fallen is very similar to Conviction and Butler plays the main guy.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:50 PM

Butler is a great action star though, even in Gamer, he did a bang up f*cking job. He would be fit but his accent is still too Scottish to land it well but he definitely has the age right for the 'Conviction' era .. as for a younger Sam, Hardy may do a good job.. just doesn't have the voice fit for the job either but I'm sure he could land it. Depends on if they ever did a Splinter Cell on how they would carry out the story. Early Fisher? Mid Fisher? Old Fisher? or Blacklist? I don't know man.. picking the actor for the job is hard.. might be why there never was a film adaptation, lol.

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

No Sleep Till Broker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:01 PM

I think they're using Hardy as a younger Sam, I just hope the story will be more like Conviction or Chaos Theory than Blacklist. They made Sam really bland, at least in Conviction he still had that dark sense of humor that was present in every game save for Blacklist.

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:27 AM

Gerard Butler

I love you.

Moth
  • Moth

Fiat justitia ruat caelum

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:25 AM

THE BOY NEXT DOOR

A single mom becomes attracted to the teenage boy who moves in next door and befriends her son. She starts and ends the romance, but he doesn’t let go so easily.

Movie of the year right here.

• geobst likes this

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

No Sleep Till Broker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:26 PM

THE BOY NEXT DOOR

A single mom becomes attracted to the teenage boy who moves in next door and befriends her son. She starts and ends the romance, but he doesn’t let go so easily.

Movie of the year right here.

That reminds me of a movie called Womb with Eva Green and Matt Smith. Avoid it at all costs if you know what's good for you.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:29 PM

That reminds me of a movie called Womb with Eva Green and Matt Smith. Avoid it at all costs if you know what's good for you.

Now I wanna see it. Damn human nature.

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

No Sleep Till Broker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:30 PM

Now I wanna see it. Damn human nature.

Watch the trailer, skip the movie.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:51 PM

If you adore Eva Green, you'll be psychologically f*cked for the rest of your life if you watch that movie. That bastard was so lucky.

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

No Sleep Till Broker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:44 PM

If you adore Eva Green, you'll be psychologically f*cked for the rest of your life if you watch that movie. That bastard was so lucky.

Matt-Smith-Doctor-Who-GIFs-1.gif

And Eva Green.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:01 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 05 January 2014 - 09:09 PM.

Waiting for Man Of Steel 2 and Fast 7 and Insidious 3.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users