Quantcast

» «
Photo

Would You Prefer Rockstar Completely Rid of MP Component?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
140 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you prefer R* get rid of Online completely? (261 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you prefer R* get rid of Online completely and just focus on SP?

1. Yes (111 votes [42.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.53%

2. No (128 votes [49.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 49.04%

3. No, I'm a part of the mindless sheeple brigade and accept anything R* puts in the game (22 votes [8.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.43%

Vote
Rock Howard
  • Rock Howard

Some Aussie Dude.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:10 AM

I don't know about you, but I'm an SP kind of guy. I hate MP because I just find it a waste of time. I can understand games like WoW or Runescape, but no GTA Online. I feel like GTA is losing its SP focus and I'm terribly concerned about the future of GTA if MP is made a priority. The only way to rectify or reconcile the adverse effects of this is, in my opinion, is to get rid of MP altogether. If you want replaybility value, demand more side-activities, more storyline missions, larger map. I know R* ain't gonna let it happen, but just want to know your thoughts. I know the majority of you folks will vote NO. 

GTA Online, despite its initial problems is one of the most fun multiplayer experiences I've ever had, so a resounding NO would be my answer to that question.  

El Viruz Ántrax 5-7

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:50 AM Edited by Syphiroth, 15 March 2014 - 01:56 AM.

Why didn't they let us choose the drink we want? Franklin, he can only smoke a blunt and drink a beer until he is moved to Vinewood and can smoke a bong and drink wine. Michael who we see has beer bottles and whiskey around the house when his family leaves and Trevor is shown drinking both beer and whiskey with a bong next to the bed at Floyd's apartment but is not possible to smoke it. What I'm getting at is on the Rockstar social club it saves favourite home activity, well the options besides Michael with yoga and tennis are just drink or smoke what is given. Would of liked to pick a whiskey, beer or wine, cigarette, cigar, blunt or bong. Itself saying favourite home activity just shows more on the way you feel like an outcast in SP when not doing story related missions or strangers. Similar to when finished the game outside your house is no connection to LS or the desert. Not a lot you can continue to stay and repeat doing after I finish a game of golf win or lose I ain't having another game. Tennis I only play in hangouts and yoga? Pfft, rather smoke meth over yoga.

Edit: each have a mini-bar in safe house for a three drink option, whiskey, wine or beer. Franklin I would liked to have same option but to smoke a blunt or bong hit, Trevor, meth hit along with the drink options at the club for all three them.

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Mister Doctor

• Zaibatsu
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:42 AM

I don't mind MP, as long it doesn't mean compromises in SP. And SP should always be a priority. If there are features and mechanics that are only available in MP, then it's just wrong.

I'm repeating myself, but I want another studio to develop Online and leave North to focus on SP only. Of course, those two studios would have to be in close co-operation, so same features would be present in, and introduced at the same time, in both games, but I think it would only help both games. I don't know how big R* North is, but I'm not sure if they can handle producing a game as big and ambitious as GTA and at the same time run an MMO. It might have meant some compromises in V's SP already. Who knows what V would be like if they didn't have to work on Online at the same time? This game was developed for, like, four friggin' years and still it wasn't enough.

• strakan7 likes this

TRANEMing
  • TRANEMing

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:19 PM

I voted yes but I guess they making MP is...

1.prolonging the game life.

2.more copies sold(at least two copies are needed if u and ur friend play MP together.)

3.compensating what SP is missing.(I think most players who love SP want more heists but the story confines u and endless big heists are obviously fun but not fitted the storytelling, so my only hope for MP is the detail planned heists)

gevans81
  • gevans81

Gold Member

• Members

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:22 PM Edited by gevans81, 15 March 2014 - 04:22 PM.

Yes

Online sucks, single player pisses on it's head.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:32 PM

Well it good to see,umm.........Lol i forgot what i wanted to say :) but anyways it weird to see everyone agree with each other tonight or am i dreaming Lol :)

Agreeing on what? I'm sure that most of the people here want to see an equal amount of attention for both modes, instead on Online getting 90% of R*'s attention.

I want to hear your take on this, Blood. It would be interesting, to say the least.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:34 PM

^

That's exactly why major DLC's are coming for SP as Rockstar stated as well as the heists and other DLC's for online. They've been improving the online all this time, trying to get rid of bugs, glitches and adding a bit of extra stuff.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:36 PM

^

That's exactly why major DLC's are coming for SP as Rockstar stated as well as the heists and other DLC's for online. They've been improving the online all this time, trying to get rid of bugs, glitches and adding a bit of extra stuff.

I hope that SP gets free roam bank heists, where we can rob the FLEECA banks dotted around the map.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:52 PM

I'd rather them get rid of Online and replace it with story mode coop.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:55 PM

I'd rather them get rid of Online and replace it with story mode coop.

How would that work? Would it be a completely different storyline, or one player going as one protgag, and the 2nd player going as another?

As long as it's better than San Andreas' two player, I like this idea.

strakan7
  • strakan7

Hustler

• Members

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:55 PM

I voted yes but i dont want MP binned altogether, just more functionality and gameplay that is usable in SP, whether or not MP has it. I feel its marketing at its worst though as the ability to do certain things with certain vehicles and interiors are mission only - for now at least - making it feel fresh and revived if/when they release more stuff. Whatever as long as SP isnt left to die a neglected death ill be satisfied.

Cosmo_Kane
  • Cosmo_Kane

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:19 PM

Well... I don't think so.

The main reason multiplayer is "tearing GTA apart" is because they're trying to make it a separate game. To fix the multiplayer:

Allow people to join in Story Mode, turn off missions and there's absolutely no conflict whatsoever (well. other than the shooting each other in the head part.)

Give us Offline Mode! You've already given us three different characters to control, why not let a friend who's sitting next to you take control of a different one?

southernsontn
  • southernsontn

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 March 2014 - 01:41 AM

I didn't vote simply because the poll options are a little ignorantly phrased, but oh well...

Actually, the "DNA" of the GTA series is car chases, considering that was the entire idea behind the original video game that eventually became GTA 1... A glitch in the programming caused police AI to be too aggressive (a feature that beta testers liked more than the game as intended), which is why the company renovated the title entirely and released it as GTA.

The original game, and everything up until GTA 3, was basically built around that, with very little cohesive "story" even involved... oh yeah, and it had multiplayer... 

but since quite a few (if not most) of the people playing the story today probably aren't old enough to remember that game, they see GTA 3 as "the first one", and base their opinions off of that one, which had more of a story, and a protagonist that you saw more of than just the top of his head...

Since we are talking about GTA 3 now, it should be noted that the idea for what is now GTA online has been around just that long... They have been refining the idea, and developing it into what it is now for that long. 

GTA:O is absolutely a terrific idea, and what I believe is a perfect evolution of the game.... rather than being a premade character that goes through a series of missions, you create you own protagonist, who is free to live his life how he sees fit... 

• Nathaaann likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 16 March 2014 - 01:52 AM

If they want to have multiplayer in V, that's cool, but why not put more emphasis on DLC for the storyline? We get oodles of new clothes and other goodies from multiplayer DLCs in MP, and the only thing we get for SP are the guns and vehicles. I guess that's something to be thankful for, but why not the other way around?

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:32 AM

I prefer SP and wouldn't mind if Rockstar only focused on SP from here on out. But like it or not MP is the future so for the GTA series to survive well into the future R* has to continue to offer multiplayer. 

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:34 AM

They do need to focus more on the story, yes.

69 Missions for THREE characters was WAY too low.

However, they should keep a MP component.

But not in the GTA Online way. Get rid of that. We want IVs MP back.

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Phill Bellic. The Universal L.E.O.

• Members
  • Australia
  • Worst Bellic [All Time]

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:19 AM

I didn't vote simply because the poll options are a little ignorantly phrased, but oh well...

Actually, the "DNA" of the GTA series is car chases, considering that was the entire idea behind the original video game that eventually became GTA 1... A glitch in the programming caused police AI to be too aggressive (a feature that beta testers liked more than the game as intended), which is why the company renovated the title entirely and released it as GTA.

The original game, and everything up until GTA 3, was basically built around that, with very little cohesive "story" even involved... oh yeah, and it had multiplayer... 

but since quite a few (if not most) of the people playing the story today probably aren't old enough to remember that game, they see GTA 3 as "the first one", and base their opinions off of that one, which had more of a story, and a protagonist that you saw more of than just the top of his head...

Since we are talking about GTA 3 now, it should be noted that the idea for what is now GTA online has been around just that long... They have been refining the idea, and developing it into what it is now for that long. 

GTA:O is absolutely a terrific idea, and what I believe is a perfect evolution of the game.... rather than being a premade character that goes through a series of missions, you create you own protagonist, who is free to live his life how he sees fit... 

I believe the game you are talking about (the glitched game) is Race 'n' Chase. You could play as either cops or crooks, and a bug in the programming made the cops go apes*it chasing the player (hmm, parallels with GTA V maybe?). It was also presented in a topdown view like GTA, London and II. FYI Cracked[dot]com also did an article covering that game.

Cheers. :)

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:31 AM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 17 March 2014 - 10:54 AM.

Great Comment bro and yeah i read that GTAO's ideas has being there since GTA2 (1999) and that over 15 years ago,so when i read this comment i am like "Wooh so this is one of the few people that actually understand all these" and i am sure you are GTA vet,but once again great words bro and thanks :)

Edit:On a side note....GTA had a weird and perfect evolution :)

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:59 AM

Here is a link: http://www.cracked.c...ern-gaming.html

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Permanent headache.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 17 March 2014 - 11:10 AM

Happy to see that many of you are of the RIGHT opinion (getting rid of MP). With next-gen consoles, anything is possible. Hope we get a new GTA in at least 4 years. TIl then, R* should add beter SP DLC content. 

"Right opinion"?

I was hoping you weren't that stupid.

It was in vain.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• GTA Series Staff
  • Unknown
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 17 March 2014 - 11:17 AM Edited by WildBrick142, 17 March 2014 - 11:21 AM.

Rockstar will most likely not remove MP. All we can hope for is R* focusing more on SP than MP.

I don't really think there's any point in discussing it anymore.

• Detective Phelps likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users