Quantcast

» «
Photo

Would You Prefer Rockstar Completely Rid of MP Component?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
140 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you prefer R* get rid of Online completely? (261 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you prefer R* get rid of Online completely and just focus on SP?

1. Yes (111 votes [42.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.53%

2. No (128 votes [49.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 49.04%

3. No, I'm a part of the mindless sheeple brigade and accept anything R* puts in the game (22 votes [8.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.43%

Vote
Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, I always carry my heat in these streets

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:48 PM Edited by Official General, 04 January 2014 - 07:50 PM.

I also have a question for tose people who believe R* focused on MP:

- If they focused on MP, why didn't it come out immediately? I mean, why have people play the, in your arguments, less-focused-on SP first?

- If they focused on MP, why did it have so many problems at launch? There were server troubles for weeks. There were tons of bugs and glitches. You'd think that if they focused on MP, they'd have that all figured out before release, right? I mean, they can't have the main focus of their game having those kind of problems, right?

- If they focused on MP, why doesn't your player talk? I mean, if it was a focus, they definitely could've added voices.

- If they focused on MP, why is there basically no story? I mean, a story is not expected, but they could surely do a lot better.

- Etc.

I like your attempts to be smart in your counter-arguments, but you fully know well that certain aspects and features of GTA are either only suited to SP or MP. In MP, your character is just random guy, he don't need to talk, he has no significant background story, he's just a random criminal coming to LS to get rich and cause havoc. That's the limitations of creating GTA online, I very much doubt it was because Rockstar decided it to be that way. 

Your picking at little things that are not really significant factors in this. We are talking about that could have actually been more major deciders of how fun and great many fans might have thought of GTA V had they been included otherwise. Online MP has plenty of drug-dealing and drug related missions, car theft missions, and gang war missions - this handful of features would have been enough to be a game changer for GTA in addition to all the other stuff it had. Then add the safehouse properties which online MP had and not SP. These things I've stated were certain game-changers, and the SP don't have them which is a big letdown. Yes, SP has stuff that the MP don't have, but the point here is that it should have everything, not just one half of the great stuff and the other half in MP. SP should have been at the pinnacle of everything first. 

• HaythamKenway likes this

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:51 PM

I like your attempts to be smart in your counter-arguments, but you fully know well that certain aspects and features of GTA are either only suited to SP or MP. In MP, your character is just random guy, he don't need to talk, he has no significant background story.

Are you describing the story of GTA III there? Just this thread is about GTA Online.

• Fuzzknuckles likes this

Tlaneloli
  • Tlaneloli

Native Outlawz (N8IV)

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:52 PM

Online is pretty much all I do with that game....

GTA564
  • GTA564

gta>

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:55 PM Edited by GTA564, 04 January 2014 - 09:53 PM.

edit

Miauuu5_7
  • Miauuu5_7

Los Viruz Antrax

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:18 AM Edited by Syphiroth, 14 March 2014 - 05:07 PM.

I get ho you feel...they tried to be TOO ambitious with the online mode, and kinda forgot my the f*ck they were making the game in the first place....
69 missions is absolutely pitiful...

Nobody batted an eye when Vice City was released with a whopping 21 storyline missions. :D
Just got my VC on iPad, it's not bad as I thought it been with the touch controls.
I would rather SP focused game I can't be bothered to repeat why it's like beating a dead horse, R*, they not scratching the itch for gamers they scratching the itch for money and the "we are Rockstar you will love us and buy whatever game we create and we will do it how the f*ck we want too". Everything they done so far is glitches or f*ckups why don't they leave online problems and direct attention for SP. 11 patches all for online problems is kind of a "tone it down leave it be while we work on the SP side so they stop coming at us with emails" - nope. No money in SP for the $69.00 gamers.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:27 AM Edited by redx165, 14 March 2014 - 06:27 AM.

Anybody with a brain or at least 3 generation of gaming on different consoles can see that the main focus on GTA V is online. 

• Miamivicecity, Luismy_MMD, FANTOMTRON and 1 other like this

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:06 AM

I get ho you feel...they tried to be TOO ambitious with the online mode, and kinda forgot my the f*ck they were making the game in the first place....
69 missions is absolutely pitiful...

Nobody batted an eye when Vice City was released with a whopping 21 storyline missions. :D

Just got my VC on iPad, it's not bad as I thought it been with the touch controls.
I would rather SP focused game I can't be bothered to repeat why it's like beating a dead horse, R*, they not scratching the itch for gamers they scratching the itch for money and the "we are Rockstar you will love us and buy whatever game we create and we will do it how the f*ck we want too. Everything they done so far is glitches or f*ckups why don't they leave online problems and direct attention for SP. 11 patches all for online problems is kind of a "tone it down leave it be while we work on the SP side so they stop coming at us with emails" - nope. No money in SP for the $69.00 gamers.

You MONSTER!

• Miauuu5_7 likes this

nbr94
  • nbr94

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:03 AM

I'm actually on the fence for this one. On one hand, I was extremely disappointed that the single player was so short. I'm not even opposed to multiplayer, but the main reason I loved Rockstar was because they made enjoyable single player experiences where you didn't even have to touch the online mode. See, I live in the middle of nowhere and my internet is garbage. So I can't even try to enjoy the online even though I know I would if I had the chance. Its unfortunate but hopefully when I move into residence this fall for school, theres still some people playing it so I can at least give it a try.

• Luismy_MMD and warlord GTAV like this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:51 PM

Any valid argument the OP had was lost the moment he used the word 'sheeple'.

I don't really think GTA is a multiplayer game, but I like what I've seen of Online. It's ruined by the people playing it, though, so I'd happily see the next GTA be a completely single player experience. 

• Cutter De Blanc and warlord GTAV like this

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:41 PM

I don't really think GTA is a multiplayer game, but I like what I've seen of Online. It's ruined by the people playing it, though, so I'd happily see the next GTA be a completely single player experience. 

Now I can 100 % agree with you here on this.

I've always said that GTA is not really designed for multiplayer gaming and there is no reason to push it hard in that direction. I did initially think that GTA V Online looked quite interesting and bit exciting at first. However, it turned out to be what I already knew; GTA just is not suited to this online stuff, and on top of that V's online is weak. 

I really do believe that Rockstar should either not bother with online at all for the next GTA or just make the online mode in a very basic form. I really hope they never again waste valuable resources, time and money on MP, which is clearly something that's not really suited to GTA in the first place. 

• Miauuu5_7 and warlord GTAV like this

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Perhaps here things will be different

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:43 PM

I don't think they should get rid of it, but they shouldn't shaft single player either. Which is exactly what GTA V feels like.

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:50 PM

I think it needs both and it needs a balance. Perhaps single player could have been longer, but my hunch is that has nothing to do with online. I think it is because they've shifted more content into yet to be released paid for dlc, which they would have done anyway, irrespective of online. Play testing and scripting is a relatively small effort compared to creating the world itself.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:52 PM

I've always said that GTA is not really designed for multiplayer gaming and there is no reason to push it hard in that direction. I did initially think that GTA V Online looked quite interesting and bit exciting at first. However, it turned out to be what I already knew; GTA just is not suited to this online stuff, and on top of that V's online is weak. 

I really do believe that Rockstar should either not bother with online at all for the next GTA or just make the online mode in a very basic form. I really hope they never again waste valuable resources, time and money on MP, which is clearly something that's not really suited to GTA in the first place. 

Hallaf*ckingllujah. 

I would also argue, even though I like the feature, that the 3 protagonists was not a very GTA thing. However, they have to keep the game fresh, not only for the player, but for themselves - as I've said countless times before, they have to make a game that not only works for the most people possible, but also that they can muster the grunt to wake up and get to work and continue to develop. Making a single player game that echoed everything they've done before would not be fun for them to work on. In fact, they'd have been better off re-releasing San An in HD, judging by most disappointed people's opinions.

GTA should be about a criminal making his way through the world, bullets flying, cars crashing with the player living a vicarious criminal life through that character. I don't think Online really does that, yet. 

Like it or not, SP did. I do not believe it suffered as a result of MP, because they were handled by separate teams. The truth is, R* made some development decisions that have upset a lot of people, but they've also pleased several million fans more than adequately. 

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

aka: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:02 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 14 March 2014 - 02:05 PM.

Meanwhile....
BAFTA 2014 (12/03/14):And the Winner of Best Multiplayer goes to,GRAND THEFT AUTO ONLINE!!!

Yes agree GTAO is all what we think it is to V and the Franchise and yes the next GTA needs to be strictly a Singleplayer Experience.
But you guys have to consider the followings;

1.With a New-Generation of a Legendary Franchise,there is also introduction of new gen of fans,and the might be interesting in Multiplayer than Singleplayer.

2.Take2 re-iterated their statement again saying (quote)"GTA will never be an ANNUALISED Franchise and we want to make it be a Permanent Franchise" and also saying (quote)"GTAO will make up to the absent of GTA and it not be annualised-with it 4-5 years development cycles,with GTAO it will be an ever evolving game"

3.GTAO made a whopping $66ml in revenue for Rockstar and Take2.

4.70% of 33ml GTA5 owners played (or have played) GTAO.

So guys you all need to get use to an MMO like GTA because GTAO wouldnt be cancelled anytime soon.

Rerxelend
  • Rerxelend

First Person Shooter Aficionado

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:54 PM

ITT : Neckbeards with unwarranted self importance (stemming from them being one of millions of fans of a fairly mainstream game franchise) who hate multiplayer because they have no friends to play it with and have nothing better to do than whine about how R* "doesn't care about singleplayer" and anyone who disagrees with them is a "sheep" or whatever other edgy non-conformist insult they saw on f*cking reddit

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:53 PM Edited by Official General, 14 March 2014 - 03:54 PM.

Hallaf*ckingllujah. 

I would also argue, even though I like the feature, that the 3 protagonists was not a very GTA thing. However, they have to keep the game fresh, not only for the player, but for themselves - as I've said countless times before, they have to make a game that not only works for the most people possible, but also that they can muster the grunt to wake up and get to work and continue to develop. Making a single player game that echoed everything they've done before would not be fun for them to work on. In fact, they'd have been better off re-releasing San An in HD, judging by most disappointed people's opinions.

GTA should be about a criminal making his way through the world, bullets flying, cars crashing with the player living a vicarious criminal life through that character. I don't think Online really does that, yet. 

Like it or not, SP did. I do not believe it suffered as a result of MP, because they were handled by separate teams. The truth is, R* made some development decisions that have upset a lot of people, but they've also pleased several million fans more than adequately. 

I was cool with the 3 protagonists thing, the series needed some fresh, new ideas, and that was something I thought would be interesting and exciting. The more protags, the more bigger the story and more amount of missions. Obviously, I was very wrong about that, because I felt Rockstar really messed it up - they came up with a great idea and executed it very poorly. I was not cool with smaller story missions, fewer interiors, too much leisure activities, less crime side activities and a poor story. 

I don't think it should be about what Rockstar find fun - this is for us, the fans, not them. They should find a fine balance between bringing in new ideas and concepts and keeping the most popular established ones already favorite with the fans. It's not really that hard. They add great new stuff and then remove great old stuff, it just makes no sense. 

Yeah definitely, online is not suited to GTA's traditional gameplay structure, right now, it just does not work fully. I don't care if Rockstar wanna do some ambitious online project for GTA really, I just want them to make sure they make the SP great to it's fullest abilities the next time around. 

• Cutter De Blanc and Miauuu5_7 like this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 March 2014 - 05:16 PM

Online is fun if you have friends and you enjoy doing the normal GTA rampaging but with other people. I go on police chases with my GF all the time. One of us will start a fight on the other end of the map then see how long we can last before the other rescues them then we see if you can escape the cops. Its should never be the main focus but it is fun.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 14 March 2014 - 05:20 PM

I wouldn't want online to go, but there should be a balance on the amount of attention both modes get. Right now, R* are focusing heavily on the MP. It should be an equal amount of focus for both, IMO.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Secretly a GTA IV fanboy

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:48 PM

I wouldn't want online to go, but there should be a balance on the amount of attention both modes get. Right now, R* are focusing heavily on the MP. It should be an equal amount of focus for both, IMO.

It should be starting to switch over to 50/50 soon. Online is fixed now.

We can only wait and see though.

• Detective Phelps likes this

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:04 PM

I wouldn't remove it. Rather I'd focus on the development of the main story's characters more. The keyword here is character. I just felt that the main protags feel.. hollow. Self hating even.

It's either that or I just feel that they don't have a sense of purpose. Niko on the other hand had an immensely deep (lol) character. It just feels like he has a higher purpose.

The multiplayer side should also have new characters, new faces. This way, it won't intervene or contradict with the main story and that means there would be more possibilities for even more

story development on both ends. Rather than alienating the main story and multiplayer, why not use multiplayer to fill all the story gaps? This can help dictate a larger picture. Beautifying it.

Real_Badgirl
  • Real_Badgirl

Prankster

• Members

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:39 PM

Online play isn't really my style, but since a lot of people like it, it should be kept.

However, single player should always be the top priority in a game like GTA, and online should be secondary.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:58 PM

Online is fun if you have friends and you enjoy doing the normal GTA rampaging but with other people. I go on police chases with my GF all the time. One of us will start a fight on the other end of the map then see how long we can last before the other rescues them then we see if you can escape the cops. Its should never be the main focus but it is fun.

I don't know how many times I gotta say this, but I don't find all that a great deal of fun. I have friends, but I'm just not really into death matches or rampaging around with other players, friends or strangers in GTA. It never really appealed to me.

blowtorchrepair
  • blowtorchrepair

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:23 PM Edited by blowtorchrepair, 14 March 2014 - 08:45 PM.

I really like GTAO.   At this point in my life I only play GTAO, and will not play V SP more than once. (I didn't even finish the story... just lost interest)  With IV's Freemode my partner and I were slayers...  always fighting others, dropping bombs out of helicopters onto enemies and with often great success.  We didn't give a fizuk...

But, with GTAO I rarely care to fight with other players.  The GTAO environment just doesn't encourage me to want to play it like I played IV's freemode.  I never stalk or hunt other players and only attack if I'm being followed or approached by another player in a way that alarms me.

I mainly like to space-out in GTAO, race, run the roads, survivals, explore, take pics to create panoramic images on my PC, and do occasional missions...  it is like my little Matrix on the 105-inch theater screen.

Perhaps R* should create an entirely different game that is like GTA, a real-looking driving, running, shooting, sandbox of a game that would be exclusively ONLINE and tuned as a MMO game, and keep future GTAs as SP with a simple co-op mode to at least allow friends to run around the map together.  ?

Militia
  • Militia

Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:24 PM Edited by Militia, 14 March 2014 - 08:25 PM.

Online play isn't really my style, but since a lot of people like it, it should be kept.

However, single player should always be the top priority in a game like GTA, and online should be secondary.

I suppose you're right as to why Rockstar should KEEP it.  But like you said, SP was the main focus in the past, and should remain like that forever.

I am not into Online.  Never bothered to touch SA Online or IV Online either, and I won't.  V is the same way, I won't touch it.

I am just wondering how much the Online part is holding of the 8+ GB the game uses to install.  It's a pretty big file, but I honestly think the Online part takes up at least half, or more of the 8 GB and considering I don't even bother with Online even for 1 second, it's a waste of space and resources for me.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Secretly a GTA IV fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:28 PM

I suppose you're right as to why Rockstar should KEEP it.  But like you said, SP was the main focus in the past, and should remain like that forever.

I am not into Online.  Never bothered to touch SA Online or IV Online either, and I won't.  V is the same way, I won't touch it.

I am just wondering how much the Online part is holding of the 8+ GB the game uses to install.  It's a pretty big file, but I honestly think the Online part takes up at least half, or more of the 8 GB and considering I don't even bother with Online even for 1 second, it's a waste of space and resources for me.

If it's like GTA IV, Online doesn't take up that much space at all.

• Militia likes this

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:33 PM

Yep. Online is fixed. It's not like October '13 anymore. It doesn't have that many glitches anymore.

I hope R* give both modes an equal amount of attention now, with both getting some nice extra content! :)

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Secretly a GTA IV fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:37 PM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 14 March 2014 - 08:37 PM.

Yep. Online is fixed. It's not like October '13 anymore. It doesn't have that many glitches anymore.

I hope R* give both modes an equal amount of attention now, with both getting some nice extra content! :)

Well, they fixed a SP problem recently, which is more than they ever did back when Online was broken!

So far so good lol.

• Detective Phelps likes this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

aka: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:56 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 14 March 2014 - 09:01 PM.

Well it good to see,umm.........Lol i forgot what i wanted to say :) but anyways it weird to see everyone agree with each other tonight or am i dreaming Lol :)

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:04 AM

mp can burn BURN BUUUUUUURN

• Official General likes this

Niobium
  • Niobium

Commie Johnny

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:51 AM Edited by nobum62, 15 March 2014 - 12:53 AM.

I voted for "No, I'm a part of the mindless sheeple brigade and accept anything R* puts in the game".

I will continue to let R* "f*ck me in the ass", as that mexican pedestrian in V always says.

In all seriousness, I kind of like MP but I do see your point. R* didn't add a lot of things to SP except tennis, a shooting range in Ammu-Nation, and f*cking yoga.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users