Quantcast

» «
Photo

Would You Prefer Rockstar Completely Rid of MP Component?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
140 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you prefer R* get rid of Online completely? (261 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you prefer R* get rid of Online completely and just focus on SP?

1. Yes (111 votes [42.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.53%

2. No (128 votes [49.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 49.04%

3. No, I'm a part of the mindless sheeple brigade and accept anything R* puts in the game (22 votes [8.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.43%

Vote
Emmi
  • Emmi

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:05 PM

I would not care a bit if there wasn't any multiplayer component in the upcoming GTA, Red Dead and Bully games. I always hope for a fully fledged out singleplayer experience, that's just what GTA is - a SINGLE player experience and I hope R* is aware of this. But I'm feeling confident now, as GTA Online is some kind of its own thing now - if the next GTA is announced I really believe R* will just add the city to GTA Online and everything else will remain the same there - so now they can focus on SP again!

• matajuegos01 likes this

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:38 PM

I would not care a bit if there wasn't any multiplayer component in the upcoming GTA, Red Dead and Bully games. I always hope for a fully fledged out singleplayer experience, that's just what GTA is - a SINGLE player experience and I hope R* is aware of this. But I'm feeling confident now, as GTA Online is some kind of its own thing now - if the next GTA is announced I really believe R* will just add the city to GTA Online and everything else will remain the same there - so now they can focus on SP again!

Lol that will be another 4/5 years,hopefully it should be announce during GTA 20th Year Anniversary (1997-2017)

Proletariat
  • Proletariat

Vice City ain't a Nice City

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:58 PM Edited by Proletariat, 04 January 2014 - 03:58 PM.

Please, R*, just at least add more missions to the main storyline and more side activities. 69 is pathetic. Some of those missions like "Masks" hardly constitue as a legitimate mission. Although I loved the story, I feel underwhelmed....

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:08 PM Edited by Official General, 04 January 2014 - 04:37 PM.

I don't mind online MP being in GTA, but I just don't like the way Rockstar put quite a lot of focus on it, and in some cases, implemented better or more appealing features into it over the SP. I really feel this had caused Rockstar to be derailed during the development process of GTA V. I just feel that V could have been benefited greatly if the effort, ideas and resources dedicated to the online MP were diverted to the SP. V should have just had a simple online mode like GTA IV had, with the majority of the focus on the SP. In my view, Rockstar bit off more than they could chew with their overhyped, and over-ambitious, massive online MP offerings that just were just not the flying success they'd hoped it would be. They should have known better to understand that the complex structure of GTA games means that they cannot be fully utilized to provide a great MP experience that could be superior  to the SP experience. 

I could gladly do without MP in GTA altogether, so I voted yes. 

• GTA564, Proletariat and matajuegos01 like this

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:14 PM

^

Or they could have just equalised with both sides of the game. They cut a lot of stuff out of SP and some of them are going to multiplayer which is a mistake, and vice versa. MP should be in GTA but in the right way which I agree with you on.

TehTacoGuy
  • TehTacoGuy

Half taco, half human.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:21 PM

As much as i love GTA's single player, if it weren't for GTA Online, i wouldn't play V as much.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:36 PM

As much as i love GTA's single player, if it weren't for GTA Online, i wouldn't play V as much.

I played online just once. As soon as i saw that the streets were near empty, I got put right off and never played it again.

GTA564
  • GTA564

gta>

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:37 PM

I voted yes, first of all I want to say that GTA V is good with or without gta online
but if Rockstar would only work on single player, we had 20 percent of the things
they removed from the game things that not related to console limitations,

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:39 PM

I played online just once. As soon as i saw that the streets were near empty, I got put right off and never played it again.

It's not empty though :/

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:46 PM

Please, R*, just at least add more missions to the main storyline and more side activities. 69 is pathetic. Some of those missions like "Masks" hardly constitue as a legitimate mission. Although I loved the story, I feel underwhelmed....

With the strangers and freaks missions, that number goes over 100, so if you want to play all parts of the narrative in V, you play one of the longest SP campaigns in the GTA series so far.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:48 PM Edited by Official General, 04 January 2014 - 05:08 PM.

It's not empty though :/

Read my previous comment again.....properly

And to add, I'm just not into online when it comes to GTA. I don't wanna play GTA with friends, or online buddies, it don't excite me or interest me, especially those tedious deathmatch activities - don't care if it's mega guns, planes and rockets, I don't care for it all. I just wanna play it by myself, roleplay by myself, and immerse myself within the in-game world by myself. 

I play GTA for that ultimate, unique great SP experience that very few games offer these days. 

• matajuegos01 likes this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:59 PM

Why do people say the stuff exclusive in GTA: Online was cut SP features? There's absolutely nothing to back that up.

Look, SP has exclusive features, and MP has exclusive features. Literally every game with multiplayer does this.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:00 PM

Biased poll is biased.

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:02 PM

Why do people say the stuff exclusive in GTA: Online was cut SP features?

Because the SP DLC hasn't come out yet.  Once it does, everyone will start complaining that the features it has were cut from the original game.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:03 PM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 04 January 2014 - 05:03 PM.

Why do people say the stuff exclusive in GTA: Online was cut SP features?

Because the SP DLC hasn't come out yet.  Once it does, everyone will start complaining that the features it has were cut from the original game.

Yep. Forgot about that too.

Guess what guys? DLC =/= cut content. Not every time. The only thing I know of that was on the disc already was the Content Creator, and we're getting it for free.

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:03 PM

In my opinion they can keep the online but they should focus more in Single Player, yeah it's good that you want to play with friends but after a while when the servers have less people you'll realize that single player is going to be the only thing that will stay alive.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:05 PM

In my opinion they can keep the online but they should focus more in Single Player, yeah it's good that you want to play with friends but after a while when the servers have less people you'll realize that single player is going to be the only thing that will stay alive.

GTA: Online is GTA's multiplayer from now on though. It's never gonna be gone. Not for a looooong time.

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Soldier

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:05 PM

They just need to put more effort in SP, and make it better, and everything will be ok, since that's the only problem with V (story, small number of missions, poor characters etc...). e

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:06 PM Edited by Official General, 04 January 2014 - 05:08 PM.

Why do people say the stuff exclusive in GTA: Online was cut SP features? There's absolutely nothing to back that up.

Look, SP has exclusive features, and MP has exclusive features. Literally every game with multiplayer does this.

Again you miss the point, because you're so quick to defend Rockstar. Noting wrong with that, but understand the other side properly first.

What is being stated here, is that there is a very strong feeling and likelihood that Rockstar could have probably came up with better and more popular gameplay features and activities in V's SP had there not had been so much focus and effort dedicated to the hugely ambitious online MP. It's a valid and logical assumption or analysis based on what features and content are present in the MP and absent in the SP. No one can obviously 100 percent prove Rockstar did anything regarding what you are questioning, but there are very good reasons to suspect that they did, or to conclude that the SP could have been made much better without too much focus on the MP. 

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:07 PM

Again you miss the point, because you're so quick to defend Rockstar. Noting wrong with that, but understand the other side properly first.

What is being stated here, is that there is a very strong feeling and likelihood that Rockstar could have probably came up with better and more popular gameplay features and activities in V's SP had there not had been so much focus and effort dedicated to the hugely ambitious online MP. It's a valid and logical assumption or analysis based on what features and content are present in the MP and absent in the SP. No one can obviously 100 percent prove Rockstar did anything regarding what you are questioning, but there are very good reasons to suspect that they did. 

But no proof.

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:08 PM

I don't know about you, but I'm an SP kind of guy. I hate MP because I just find it a waste of time. I can understand games like WoW or Runescape, but no GTA Online. I feel like GTA is losing its SP focus and I'm terribly concerned about the future of GTA if MP is made a priority. The only way to rectify or reconcile the adverse effects of this is, in my opinion, is to get rid of MP altogether. If you want replaybility value, demand more side-activities, more storyline missions, larger map. I know R* ain't gonna let it happen, but just want to know your thoughts. I know the majority of you folks will vote NO. 

especially this.  R* is transforming GTA into a 3D FPS version of CoD

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:09 PM

What is being stated here, is that there is a very strong feeling and likelihood that Rockstar could have probably came up with better and more popular gameplay features and activities in V's SP had there not had been so much focus and effort dedicated to the hugely ambitious online MP. It's a valid and logical assumption or analysis based on what features and content are present in the MP and absent in the SP. No one can obviously 100 percent prove Rockstar did anything regarding what you are questioning, but there are very good reasons to suspect that they did. 

But no proof.

Yeah I just stated that, you can read can't you ? 

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:12 PM

Holy sh*t why are there so many yes votes? Single player isn't bad by the farthest stretch of imagination and I found GTAO to be a great experience, especially after beating GTA V for the third time. I mean, yeah, there are trolls, but that's not a huge issue.
I bought the game for the SP, but I stayed for MP after beating the game.

If they had properly focused on SP first and not put all the best features into MP, I think the yes votes would've been a lot less.

I'm willing to bet there are a lot of SP gamers who were forced into playing MP because R* cut so much content out of it.  Only to find GTAO is a complete let down in terms of the missions and non job related activities in FM.

If R* had put at least 50% of the content they put back in SA, I suspect a lot of SP players like myself might still be playing SP now.   So the negative votes would be considerably less.

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:13 PM Edited by Staten, 04 January 2014 - 05:17 PM.

If they had properly focused on SP first and not put all the best features into MP, I think the yes votes would've been a lot less.

I'm willing to bet there are a lot of SP gamers who were forced into playing MP because R* cut so much content out of it.  Only to find GTAO is a complete let down in terms of the missions and non job related activities in FM.

So where are all these "best features" that have apparently been cut from SP, yet aren't in Online?

If R* had put at least 50% of the content they put back in SA, I suspect a lot of SP players like myself might still be playing SP now.   So the negative votes would be considerably less.

Actually, I was done with GTA San Andreas in 40 hours, yet I've played GTA V SP for at least 200 hours, so if anything, Rockstar is improving the SP experience, at least for SP players like myself.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:14 PM

Fun fact: RDR had 57 SP missions. Why is nobody complaining about that? Especially since a good 10+ of those are working on farms and herding animals and the like.

Official General:

When you look at what SP has that MP doesn't have, and what MP has that SP doesn't have, you'll see that SP has a lot more stuff. There's 2 teams working on the game; the SP team, and the MP team. Could some stuff from MP be good in SP? Absolutely, but that doesn't mean that SP wasn't the focus because of it. It just means that the SP team didn't put it in for whatever reason.

Infact, if we go by a lot of arguments here, MP has half-assed because of all the stuff SP has that MP doesn't.

• IveGotNoValues likes this

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:31 PM

Guys read this:http://www.gamespot....t/1100-6416916/

Fun fact: RDR had 57 SP missions. Why is nobody complaining about that? Especially since a good 10+ of those are working on farms and herding animals and the like.

Official General:

When you look at what SP has that MP doesn't have, and what MP has that SP doesn't have, you'll see that SP has a lot more stuff. There's 2 teams working on the game; the SP team, and the MP team. Could some stuff from MP be good in SP? Absolutely, but that doesn't mean that SP wasn't the focus because of it. It just means that the SP team didn't put it in for whatever reason.

Infact, if we go by a lot of arguments here, MP has half-assed because of all the stuff SP has that MP doesn't.

Great talk bro

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:39 PM

I also have a question for tose people who believe R* focused on MP:

- If they focused on MP, why didn't it come out immediately? I mean, why have people play the, in your arguments, less-focused-on SP first?

- If they focused on MP, why did it have so many problems at launch? There were server troubles for weeks. There were tons of bugs and glitches. You'd think that if they focused on MP, they'd have that all figured out before release, right? I mean, they can't have the main focus of their game having those kind of problems, right?

- If they focused on MP, why doesn't your player talk? I mean, if it was a focus, they definitely could've added voices.

- If they focused on MP, why is there basically no story? I mean, a story is not expected, but they could surely do a lot better.

- Etc.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:48 PM

I also have a question for tose people who believe R* focused on MP:

- If they focused on MP, why didn't it come out immediately? I mean, why have people play the, in your arguments, less-focused-on SP first?

- If they focused on MP, why did it have so many problems at launch? There were server troubles for weeks. There were tons of bugs and glitches. You'd think that if they focused on MP, they'd have that all figured out before release, right? I mean, they can't have the main focus of their game having those kind of problems, right?

- If they focused on MP, why doesn't your player talk? I mean, if it was a focus, they definitely could've added voices.

- If they focused on MP, why is there basically no story? I mean, a story is not expected, but they could surely do a lot better.

- Etc.

Best Comment of the Week.
Guys please for the sake of all these arguments,read this article: http://www.gamespot....t/1100-6416916/

GTA564
  • GTA564

gta>

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:49 PM Edited by GTA564, 04 January 2014 - 05:49 PM.

I say their efforts are divided into two parts
Single player - 80 percent
Online - 20 percent

What I want
Single player 100 percent

What I think makes sense for everyone
Single player 95 percent
online 5 percent
Because no need to think about the multiplayer as a separate game
  • FANTOMTRON likes this

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:08 PM

I am sure most of GTA 5 ideas that was not put in the final game was:
1.Current-gen Consoles
2.It been reserved for the 4th Generation ofGTAs on xb1 and Ps4.anyone that thinks They focus more on GTAO is just saying crap.few weeks before GTA 5 came out,i read an article that says they were going to add fuel and stuff but it didnt make the cut for Singleplayer,and if it not on Singleplayer it wont be in GTAO,plus Leslie Benzies said they have alot of ideas for GTA 6 plus 45years worth of ideas for the GTA series.So people saying Online is this or that should STFU.GTA 5 came out 2weeks before online and 15ml people got it in 24hrs,and on youtube there was alot of SP Contents from Missions,to Strangers and Freaks etc.IGN,CVG,radbrad and alot of people on youtube play the heck out of SP.the game got 1bn in 3days of release even without GTAO.and 4months later the game have sold 30ml copies plus 3.6ml more in the UK.So No GTA 5 didnt need GTAO for it success,because it a GTA game and the DNA of GTA is Story.

I say their efforts are divided into two parts
Single player - 80 percent
Online - 20 percent

What I want
Single player 100 percent

What I think makes sense for everyone
Single player 95 percent
online 5 percent
Because no need to think about the multiplayer as a separate game

Once again,this is a Great Comment *Clap,Clap,Clap*
I bet the first Story Expansion for GTA 5 would make the Game sell an overall 40ml copies.and i am sure all these GTAO fanboys would start whining,i.e
GTA 5 player:Wow OMG the Expansion is Great,Rockstar are the best
GTAO player:f*ck you Rockstar,You dont even care about Online,you already release two singleplayer Expansions and the only thing we get is Heists that are not even like SP heists.I am quit GTAO
  • FANTOMTRON likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users