Quantcast

» «
Photo

Would You Prefer Rockstar Completely Rid of MP Component?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
140 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you prefer R* get rid of Online completely? (261 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you prefer R* get rid of Online completely and just focus on SP?

1. Yes (111 votes [42.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.53%

2. No (128 votes [49.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 49.04%

3. No, I'm a part of the mindless sheeple brigade and accept anything R* puts in the game (22 votes [8.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.43%

Vote
Proletariat
  • Proletariat

Vice City ain't a Nice City

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:59 PM

I don't know about you, but I'm an SP kind of guy. I hate MP because I just find it a waste of time. I can understand games like WoW or Runescape, but no GTA Online. I feel like GTA is losing its SP focus and I'm terribly concerned about the future of GTA if MP is made a priority. The only way to rectify or reconcile the adverse effects of this is, in my opinion, is to get rid of MP altogether. If you want replaybility value, demand more side-activities, more storyline missions, larger map. I know R* ain't gonna let it happen, but just want to know your thoughts. I know the majority of you folks will vote NO. 

• PkUnzipper, FANTOMTRON, Miauuu5_7 and 1 other like this

Lil_B_The Basedgod
  • Lil_B_The Basedgod

f*ck the mods

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:18 PM Edited by Lil_B_The Basedgod, 03 January 2014 - 11:27 PM.

I get how you feel...they tried to be TOO ambitious with the online mode, and kinda forgot why the f*ck they were making the game in the first place....

69 missions is absolutely pitiful...

• sqre, Katve, theGTAking101 and 4 others like this

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:22 PM

For next GTA games, yes I would orefer them to get rid of the sh*tty online and create a proper and complete single player that, after all, is what the game is about and most fun is.
  • sqre, universetwisters, Katve and 7 others like this

The_Regulator
  • The_Regulator

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:22 PM Edited by GrungeRockCity, 03 January 2014 - 11:24 PM.

I, for one, wouldn't complain if they annexed MP (or at least got it down to something that was actually fun again, like GTA IV's). Either that, or if they planned on continuing GTA Online, just keeping that separate of future SP-based GTA's. Let online to its own world where they can f*ck it up, or let it flourish without compromising the quality we've come to expect. God knows R* have enough subsidiaries, and now certainly enough money, to make that happen...

• sqre, FANTOMTRON and Miauuu5_7 like this

Nathaaann
  • Nathaaann

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:23 PM

I get ho you feel...they tried to be TOO ambitious with the online mode, and kinda forgot my the f*ck they were making the game in the first place....

69 missions is absolutely pitiful...

Nobody batted an eye when Vice City was released with a whopping 21 storyline missions. :D

• Miauuu5_7 likes this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:23 PM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 03 January 2014 - 11:24 PM.

You don't have friends to play MP with?

Nathaaann: It's because people went from 90 missions in GTA 4. Even though there was A LOT of repetitive missions. 

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

aka: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:26 PM

GTA is a 16 years old Franchise that have spanned 3 Generations(PS1,PS2,PS3) and it have evolved,it still a Storied-based Franchise but the HD Era(3rd Generation of the series)also needs online.
  • *MURDOC* likes this

icemagi
  • icemagi

Professional Badass

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:26 PM

I'd rather have a better longer story than R* just mainly focusing on GTAO and I hope they are focusing more on the DLC than GTAO but I think GTAO is very fun. But what I think R* should do is get the GTAO Heist done and out of the way so that they have no excuse but to make the SP DLC their #1 top priority. I prefer SP over MP but I still like MP.

• Lil_B_The Basedgod and FANTOMTRON like this

RominOctane
  • RominOctane

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:28 PM

I, for one, wouldn't complain if they annexed MP (or at least got it down to something that was actually fun again, like GTA IV's). Either that, or if they planned on continuing GTA Online, just keeping that separate of future SP-based GTA's. Let online to its own world where they can f*ck it up, or let it flourish without compromising the quality we've come to expect. God knows R* have enough subsidiaries, and now certainly enough money, to make that happen...

I agree with you, it seems like online is the reason why singleplayer doesn't feel complete or like a full fledged gta game. It would be better if they completely got rid of it or like you said, make a completely separate game that has nothing to do with the original core gta. Of course this means they have to charge for it but it would make for a much better experience for both games.
  • sqre likes this

Hotband
  • Hotband

Cheesehead

• Members
  • Iran

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:32 PM

IMO they should have put alot more effort in SP, because that's basically what the series is about, the SP.

• FANTOMTRON likes this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

I know you've been complaining, but you weren't ready.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:36 PM

Nathaaann: It's because people went from 90 missions in GTA 4. Even though there was A LOT of repetitive missions. 

And people got ambitious with SA's 100 missions in 2004. GTA Online will indeed be separate from the next games, several interviews have said this, GTA Online will serve for the next games as well, so I'd imagine development will be more focused on SP next time. I haven't played GTA V (PC user), but I'm going to have to say that nowadays even GTA needs an online component, believe it or not, it does add to the fun playing and messing around with your friends, even if the missions are repetitive.

I will admit, however, that SP might've lost some of its touch in V with the time used to develop GTA Online and I am also a bit concerned about future plans, but let's remember that Strauss Zelnick said that they wouldn't want to follow the competitors' feet *cough*EA*cough*. Yes I know companies say a lot of things, but it's different when you see EA saying microtransactions are the future and TakeTwo doing the opposite.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:37 PM

Guys read this article: http://m.edge-online...r-game-of-2013/

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:40 PM

And people got ambitious with SA's 100 missions in 2004. GTA Online will indeed be separate from the next games, several interviews have said this, GTA Online will serve for the next games as well, so I'd imagine development will be more focused on SP next time. I haven't played GTA V (PC user), but I'm going to have to say that nowadays even GTA needs an online component, believe it or not, it does add to the fun playing and messing around with your friends, even if the missions are repetitive.

I will admit, however, that SP might've lost some of its touch in V with the time used to develop GTA Online and I am also a bit concerned about future plans, but let's remember that Strauss Zelnick said that they wouldn't want to follow the competitors' feet *cough*EA*cough*. Yes I know companies say a lot of things, but it's different when you see EA saying microtransactions are the future and TakeTwo doing the opposite.

I think the problem is that missions, such as getting masks, counted as the 69 missions. Time-wise, the story wasn't all that short. It could get you around 20 hours if you rushed. However, people see the number, and rightfully freak out.

I see R* doing that because of GTA 4. It had a lot of missions, but it was really repetitive. The missions in GTA 5 were all varied. They definitely could've gone without counting all the heist preparation missions in the 69 though.

• Spider-Vice likes this

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

Basketballs don't hold grudges.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:41 PM

If the online was brillaint and wasn't a glitch filled hell, full of modders and bullsh*t hacks, then I wouldn't have minded that single player was a bit short, but unfortunately the online is f*cked up beyond belief and Rockstar has still not found a solution for all the mods and hacks people have been doing. 

Proletariat
  • Proletariat

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:45 PM

Happy to see that many of you are of the RIGHT opinion (getting rid of MP). With next-gen consoles, anything is possible. Hope we get a new GTA in at least 4 years. TIl then, R* should add beter SP DLC content. 

• matajuegos01 likes this

Capricornus
  • Capricornus

R.I.P Zee -_-

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:46 PM

In the beginning, GTAO was boring and uninteresting. Over time I have been having great fun with it, despite the fact that I haven't played it in about 3 weeks (GTAO). Even with that said, I still feel that R* kind of neglected the Single Player mode, and mode that has carried and been the strong point of their past GTA titles. Hell, I might go as far as to say that they didn't have faith in their own Single Player to carry this game, and thus, bolstered the online aspect.

MP is good fun, but if they were to completely scrap it in a future GTA title, I would greatly welcome that. Unfortunately with online being so important in just about any damn game, I do not see R* doing this.

• matajuegos01 likes this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:47 PM

Happy to see that many of you are of the RIGHT opinion

Wow. Good to know you're not to be taken seriously  :miranda:

• Ermacs and Gauntlet Hair like this

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:47 PM

Well no. They can just improve the online as well as putting a lot of effort in SP at the same time. They just f*cked it up a bit for V.

• TheMasterfocker and FANTOMTRON like this

donnii
  • donnii

Mark Chump

• Members
  • England

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:48 PM

This is what sandy shores is based on. Rockstar done an incredible job..

salton_sea_museum_modern_01.jpg

• Autopilot and just-a-spaz like this

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:49 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 03 January 2014 - 11:51 PM.

You have to blame the PS3/360's hardware aswell. It's sh*t. 256mb can only do you so much, and the PS3's architecture is incredibly difficult to use even though they've gotten used to it.

I promise you, when GTA 6 comes out on the PS4, there will only be a TINY amount of cut content, they will add as much as they can as well as visually creating a masterpiece. Online will be epic aswell.

JustRob
  • JustRob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:52 PM

Yeah, I would. When I play Online, I see all these new clothes, and hairstyles, and the Select quick menu, and the inventory, and the apartments, and I think to myself: "Why the heck isn't all this great stuff in the singleplayer?".

You know, you've played singleplayer, and you've done all these amazing missions, and the heists, which were awesome. And then you jump into Online, and it's once again the same old same old fetch missions that are the scourge of GTA. No imagination at all. It's such a waste. The world is big, but there can only be 16 players in it at once. You know, with GTA I want the feeling I have with World of Warcraft. A huge world filled with dozens upon dozens of people at the same time. That's what it should be, or strive to be, but as it is now it just disappoints. And I find myself playing in solo sessions most of the time, just because everyone else is usually just trying to hinder you anyways. If you look at World of Warcraft, it's been revamping its social system so much over the years, and it's really great, made so that you'll always come across nice people, and ofcourse sometimes the usual buttholes.

Anyway, I could go on for hours, but GTA Online for me is just not what I want. I still play San Andreas Multiplayer and MTA, because it's just so much more fun. It knows it's not an MMORPG and it doesn't try to be, but at the same time there is so much freedom because the creators have given developers so much freedom. I love Destruction Derby maps high in the sky, or the wacky races with insane loops, or even the CrazyBob's Cops and Robbers thing which just works for some reason.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:52 PM

Happy to see that many of you are of the RIGHT opinion (getting rid of MP). With next-gen consoles, anything is possible. Hope we get a new GTA in at least 4 years. TIl then, R* should add beter SP DLC content. 

Hope so too bro.but i think since GTA San Andreas (excluding LCS and VCS) the major GTAs(main games or spin-offs) is now a 5 years release cycle

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

BMRF SECURITY

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:56 PM

They negectled SP?

What about the stock market we have?

What about the SP exclusive vehicles?

What about North Yankton?

What about interiors and all those Little details SP has?

What about all those underwater collectibles and Scuba gear?

What about Animals?

What about the tazer?

• lol232, blakeney and Bonnano like this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:56 PM

Yeah, I would. When I play Online, I see all these new clothes, and hairstyles, and the Select quick menu, and the inventory, and the apartments, and I think to myself: "Why the heck isn't all this great stuff in the singleplayer?".

You know, you've played singleplayer, and you've done all these amazing missions, and the heists, which were awesome. And then you jump into Online, and it's once again the same old same old fetch missions that are the scourge of GTA. No imagination at all. It's such a waste. The world is big, but there can only be 16 players in it at once. You know, with GTA I want the feeling I have with World of Warcraft. A huge world filled with dozens upon dozens of people at the same time. That's what it should be, or strive to be, but as it is now it just disappoints. And I find myself playing in solo sessions most of the time, just because everyone else is usually just trying to hinder you anyways. If you look at World of Warcraft, it's been revamping its social system so much over the years, and it's really great, made so that you'll always come across nice people, and ofcourse sometimes the usual buttholes.

Anyway, I could go on for hours, but GTA Online for me is just not what I want. I still play San Andreas Multiplayer and MTA, because it's just so much more fun. It knows it's not an MMORPG and it doesn't try to be, but at the same time there is so much freedom because the creators have given developers so much freedom. I love Destruction Derby maps high in the sky, or the wacky races with insane loops, or even the CrazyBob's Cops and Robbers thing which just works for some reason.

It's still only been out for 3 months. It's supposed to be every GTA's multiplayer, so we just gotta give it some time. It's like judging a whole book based off of the first couple pages.

JustRob
  • JustRob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:58 PM Edited by JustRob, 03 January 2014 - 11:58 PM.

It's still only been out for 3 months. It's supposed to be every GTA's multiplayer, so we just gotta give it some time. It's like judging a whole book based off of the first couple pages.

Well, that's why I'm curious what Rockstar is going to do with it. But as it is now, I just don't like it at all. In my opinion they should have waited, until they developed it better, and then release it as a standalone online game with no singleplayer.

Carl the Sloth
  • Carl the Sloth

Sloth

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:58 PM

Whilst the Single Player experience should be a priority, eliminating the online proportion of the game would do nothing but harm both the sales figures and shelf life of the product. 

I do however believe that the online experience Rockstar were trying to create has been too ambitious, and generally hasn't worked, despite the amount of fun an individual can have. The correct question would suggest that Rockstar should focus primarily on Single Player, with online as an afterthought. 

JustRob
  • JustRob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:59 PM

Whilst the Single Player experience should be a priority, eliminating the online proportion of the game would do nothing but harm both the sales figures and shelf life of the product. 

I do however believe that the online experience Rockstar were trying to create has been too ambitious, and generally hasn't worked, despite the amount of fun an individual can have. The correct question would suggest that Rockstar should focus primarily on Single Player, with online as an afterthought. 

I don't believe Online contributed anything at all to the sales numbers. GTAV sold incredibly well in the first few weeks and GTA Online wasn't out until October. If anything it damaged GTAV's good image.

• Proletariat and FANTOMTRON like this

Proletariat
  • Proletariat

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:00 AM

They negectled SP?

What about the stock market we have?

What about the SP exclusive vehicles?

What about North Yankton?

What about interiors and all those Little details SP has?

What about all those underwater collectibles and Scuba gear?

What about Animals?

What about the tazer?

GTA V is an artistic and visual triumph. No one is denying that. The story is awesome, the dialogue is the best of any GTA game, and the map is just..well, it's beautiful. The thing is, more could have been implemented into SP if MP WERE NOT a concern. 

carmelo3
  • carmelo3

Prankster

• Members

They should have left this whole GTA: Online thing for PS4 and XBox One tbh

I'm a single player gamer and can only think of GTA being fun online with a sh*t load of people in one game, I dont know the maximum amount of players allowed in a session on PS4 etc. But I'm guessing it's a lot more than 16.

Human

• Members
  • None

I know a whole lot of people have been disliking the multiplayer for some reason. I for one personally enjoy it and would like to see it improved upon and added to as if it were like Minecraft. But in a realistic world I suppose that it is not feasible. I'm honestly feeling mixed up on this situation. While I like GTAO and really really want to see it be successful I can't help but to feel that is has actually in some way affected the core SP experience and as a long time GTA fan I am totally against that. Maybe if anything GTAO belongs on a PC platform where gamers seem to be serious about Playing the Objective. That is where guys put hundreds if not thousands of Dollars into their gaming rid to achieve top-notch performance to get the best playing experience possible. PC has dedication to the power and full potential of the game whereas I feel the console gamers lack that seriousness, competition, appreciation, and willingness.  

Even if they don't include online in future titles If they put the game on PC in the first place then we are probably likely to get a SAMP style mod such as the one developed for GTA San Andreas. I guess then for the benefit of the SP experience that although it somehow pains me to say this I suppose they should drop online. Perhaps it was indeed taking up too much time and resources that could have been used in bettering the SP aspect of the game. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users