Quantcast

» «
Photo

First Person GTA

97 replies to this topic

Poll: First Person GTA (166 member(s) have cast votes)

Should GTA ever include a true first person view.

1. Yes (32 votes [19.28%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.28%

2. No (76 votes [45.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.78%

3. Bacon (25 votes [15.06%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.06%

4. Yes and Bacon (33 votes [19.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.88%

Vote Guests cannot vote
BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

aka: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:48 AM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 04 January 2014 - 12:49 AM.

No, even R* themselves said they would stay away from FPS games

Exactly,i hate FPS games,i wish Doom didnt make the Genre so popular,like how GTA did to the Openworld genre.plus Rockstar are the gods of the Openworld genre,they rule it with GTA

WorldWideFM
  • WorldWideFM

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:53 AM Edited by jarredxmorris, 04 January 2014 - 12:53 AM.

If it was done well, and was optional, then of course.

I probably wouldn't use it, but it would certainly help with the immersion. I wish there was a proper first person driving option in GTA, not that awful hoodcam that IV and V have. 

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:04 AM

I would hardly or never use it but who am I to deprive players who would want it?

Yes, and bacon it is

fish61324
  • fish61324

Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:05 AM

I think the over the shoulder option they have in the game right now is great.  No need for first person.  The over the shoulder camera angle some games use is the most realistic it gets.  I understand it's not realistic to see the back of your head, but it's also not realistic in first person view to not be able to see your nose... so those two cancel each other out.....anyway...

People have peripheral vision... you don't get that in first person view, you get a perfect angle of that in the over the shoulder view.  

What I do wish they would add is an in car camera view while driving.

With all that said, I guess as long as it doesn't effect game play (like Fallout), it wouldn't hurt to have first person view as an option

Zodape
  • Zodape

El Crápula

• The Yardies
  • Argentina

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:29 AM

Let's not forget that first person view doesn't only apply to while shooting:

-Imagine driving a car and looking at the detailed cockpit.

-Imagine flying a plane, and then jump out and open your parachute, admiring the beautiful city and landscape.

-Imagine getting mauled by a mountain lion.

-Imagine exploring the ocean.

-Imagine being dinner of a shark and the last thing you see is a big mouth with hundreds of teeth ready to eat your flesh.

Beautiful.

• CaliMeatWagon likes this

CaliMeatWagon
  • CaliMeatWagon

Cause of head scratching.

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:42 AM

Let's not forget that first person view doesn't only apply to while shooting:

-Imagine driving a car and looking at the detailed cockpit.

-Imagine flying a plane, and then jump out and open your parachute, admiring the beautiful city and landscape.

-Imagine getting mauled by a mountain lion.

-Imagine exploring the ocean.

-Imagine being dinner of a shark and the last thing you see is a big mouth with hundreds of teeth ready to eat your flesh.

Beautiful.

That's what I'm envisioning. Something like Far Cry 3, but with the awesome world that is GTA

Fyttirakkern
  • Fyttirakkern

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:48 AM

This will never work in a GTA game! It's a third person open world game, and I am 100% sure Rockstar intend to keep it that way.

Nick
  • Nick

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:50 AM

I'm not sure.. it would be cool, but it would be different. GTA has always been in third person since GTA III.

It would be a drastic change, however.

TaviColen123
  • TaviColen123

Trollhater

• BUSTED!
  • Romania

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:41 AM Edited by TaviColen123, 04 January 2014 - 04:41 AM.

Antagonista, on 04 Jan 2014 - 03:50 AM, said:Antagonista, on 04 Jan 2014 - 03:50 AM, said:

I'm not sure.. it would be cool, but it would be different. GTA has always been in third person since GTA III.

People said they would never use multiple protagonists yet they did it anyway. Some of these people should know that just because a feature hasn't been before in a gta game before doesn't mean it can't be used in the future but they don't want to have an open mind .

Matty
  • Matty

Wiseguy

• Australia

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:56 AM

GTA is a game that should never be in first person IMO. It would be enough to turn me away from GTA, personally.

Rockstar have also stated in the past that they are "purposefully avoiding first person shooters" - not that GTA is specifically a first person shooter, but still. How many games have Rockstar made in their entire history that are in first person?

With that being said, if it was to be optional, I wouldn't care that much (because I would personally never use it).

• SmoothGetaway and Nick like this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:32 AM

Just like i said before,It would be a great new camera mode in Vehicles for the Next-Generation GTAs.Plus remember Rockstar have 45years of ideas for this Legendary Franchise.maybe after GTA 20th anniversary in 2017.they might start implementing alot of new things(hopefully great ideas)but who knows the 3 Protagnists system was the first of it kind in the genre,and it was ambitious and successful.

mastershake616
  • mastershake616

The Wolf of BAWSAQ

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:38 AM

It'd be a very cool option. 

1987_EC
  • 1987_EC

PC gamer

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:22 AM Edited by 1987_EC, 04 January 2014 - 09:32 AM.

yes, and its obvious that eventually they will have enough graphics power in their game to introduce a FPS camera as an option sometime in a future GTA title..

for the ppl who are against it - you have nothing to worry about since if R* would even implement this camera feature they will just "add" it to the game so the player can choose it but they will not replace it ofcourse.

and a FPS camera option will only really add more depth and immersion to the feeling of the game, itll be like, you dont like it? just turn it off or change camera view, np.

well since GTA3...GTA 2 gamers could say something similar..its called evolution, a FPS camera is just a legitimate part of this game series evolution, they cant stay the same they must innovate in almost each new GTA game they create and its normal im ok with that as long as they know what theyre doing.

jdwarfer
  • jdwarfer

Soldier

• Members
  • France

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:42 AM Edited by jdwarfer, 04 January 2014 - 09:42 AM.

I voted "no" but it could be a camera choice. From far to first person, why not.

Personnaly I like to see the character in action. Maybe it's just because I'm used to it since the first GTA I played, and it's good that way.

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:28 AM

Yes, i loved how Far Cry made that, especially the third game. If done correctly it would be awesome in GTA.

Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
  • Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:41 AM

Far Cry 3 is one of the few games in which I enjoyed playing from a First Person point of view, it really managed to connect you to your surroundings in a way that few games managed to do. That of course was for a huge part due to those same surroundings. Which brings me to my point, for first person to work in a Grand Theft Auto game, the map has to be structured in a way that makes first person interesting and worthwhile. Sure, the current GTA V map might do that to a certain extent but not nearly enough to really "sell" the FP feature. Thats  partially why I also think we won't ever see an official First Person option in a GTA Game, as to do that right the map has to be changed in a way that could possibly detract from the core third Person experience. Which I imagine to be a big no-no for Rockstar and many GTA fans alike.

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

"Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?"

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:55 AM

Interesting fact: most people hate far cry 3 on the ubi forums and they think gta v is one of the best games ever, the opposite of here lol

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

Coded. Not stirred.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2014 [GTA V and Steam]

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:56 AM

Leave that to mods, Please.

Plus, Dan and Sam Houser have expressed their dislikes for FPS games.

Sasqui
  • Sasqui

Gangsta sh*t

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:49 PM Edited by Sasqui, 04 January 2014 - 12:51 PM.

Maybe. It might get negative reception, but I honestly wouldn't give a f*ck. I like options, even if I would rarely or never use them.
However, as theNGclan said, Dan Houser said that Rockstar is not into FPS.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:14 PM

Far Cry 3 is one of the few games in which I enjoyed playing from a First Person point of view, it really managed to connect you to your surroundings in a way that few games managed to do. That of course was for a huge part due to those same surroundings. Which brings me to my point, for first person to work in a Grand Theft Auto game, the map has to be structured in a way that makes first person interesting and worthwhile. Sure, the current GTA V map might do that to a certain extent but not nearly enough to really "sell" the FP feature. Thats  partially why I also think we won't ever see an official First Person option in a GTA Game, as to do that right the map has to be changed in a way that could possibly detract from the core third Person experience. Which I imagine to be a big no-no for Rockstar and many GTA fans alike.

Great Comment bro

TheJasonGallant
  • TheJasonGallant

Random Player

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:30 PM

Yes and bacon!

I personnaly would like a first person GTA. It would be different from what we've seen so far.

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:25 PM

I chose bacon, because i don't like GTA having a first-person perspective. In a vehicle, nothing wrong about that. Just add more detailed cockpits.

bensons
  • bensons

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:34 PM

I would liek this, I had 1st person driving mods on pc with san andreas and gta4.

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:38 PM

What is bacon?
  • SmoothGetaway likes this

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:26 PM

Yes, as an optional camera i would gladly accept it :)

Andreas
  • Andreas

• V Staff
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:42 PM Edited by Andreas, 04 January 2014 - 07:42 PM.

All GTAs, except the top-down view games, mainly use the third-person view, and that's the way it is meant to be. I'm not opposed to the idea of introducing the first-person mode in the series, but it should be optional and not forced upon the player. Besides, when I play a game of Rockstar, I feel it's not their style - and one of the statements they made in the past even confirms that.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:17 PM

All GTAs, except the top-down view games, mainly use the third-person view, and that's the way it is meant to be. I'm not opposed to the idea of introducing the first-person mode in the series, but it should be optional and not forced upon the player. Besides, when I play a game of Rockstar, I feel it's not their style - and one of the statements they made in the past even confirms that.

Exactly.True talk bro

CaliMeatWagon
  • CaliMeatWagon

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:29 PM Edited by CaliMeatWagon, 04 January 2014 - 10:29 PM.

What is bacon?

It's this magical stuff that acts like terrorist repellent. Kind of like garlic and vampires.

Drake1212
  • Drake1212

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:45 PM

As an option, why the hell not. However, most game studios have found that players finds 1st person-view in an open world game unsatisfying.
It's also harder to make an open world look great in 1st person, as the player can view anything up very close and begin to see the graphical flaws of the world.
TES, for example, does an amazing job at creating a big open world in 1st person, but most of the game is set within dungeons, where 3rd person would be very impractical.

Personally i don't really miss it. There are so many other 1st person games. GTA and Max Payne differs from every bland shooter out there.

CaliMeatWagon
  • CaliMeatWagon

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:59 PM

Even thought the most vocal people on this people have been against it, it's nice to see that that it is a close split on peoples opinions. For other who are not convinced, take a look at this: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=DRU1b_V4F6Q

And for those comments, just do mods. I'm not into PC gaming and have no interest in building a rig.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users