Got to love some cops...

16 replies to this topic
SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:40 PM

Sometimes when I am working, my boss asks me to go deliver some stuff to offices near by which I do. So today, he asked me if I could deliver some stuff again, I said “sure no problem”. So I get in my car and I started driving my family’s Volvo S70 2.4 on a road at 140km/h and the speed limit 120km/h.

The cops had put a speed camera hidden under a bush so, I passed by driving over the limit and about two kilometers later, I got pulled over. They asked me to give them my ID, Driving license and Vehicle’s registration which I did. I treated them with respect so what bothers me is that everything changed after one of the cops, with my ID on his hand went to check out if I had a warrant for arrest, and, since I do have a record and I been inside, he checked my car and frisked me.

What started like a normal and regular speeding ticket ended up being me treated like a criminal while I was at all times showing them respect. At one point I couldn’t handle it anymore and I told them, “Look, I know it’s your job but I am clean and legal, I payed my debt to society, I been inside, and now I have a job which makes me earn a living. I regret what I did everyday of my life, but I guess now it’s too late which I understand. But please, stop treating me like an animal because I am a Spanish citizen and I should be treated with respect, as you see, I have no warrant for arrest, my car is 100% legal and it’s bills and insurance is payed, so please, give me the speed ticket and let me go”.

They replied too me “Do what you’re told or we will arrest you, are we clear?” in a very insulting manner. After an hour I was let go with a 300€ fine for speeding.

Mockage
  • Mockage

Fljótavík

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:46 PM

I thought this would be another rant about American cops, but funnily enough this took place in Europe instead.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:46 PM

Be careful what you tell cops now and how they [want to] interpret it thanks to the new "Citizen's Security" law, or that 300 bucks may turn into 30,000  ;)

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:47 PM

That's law enforcement man.. don't get me wrong, there's some decent ones out there. But majority of the time, that badge makes their heads swell up.

I normally don't try and respect or say anything, I just pull over, answer any questions and then I'm gone. I used to be the type to sit there and try and be Mr. Nice Guy and cooperative but the more you do that, seems like the more insulting they get. So I rather just shut the hell up and let them get their erections.

• 018361 likes this

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

Lucky 38

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:51 PM

How about don't got 20kmph over the limit?

• Th3MaN1, Ciaran and theadmiral like this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:14 PM

Isn't it interesting how giving a little bit of power to anyone, be it law enforcement, work, or on the internet, completely changes peoples behavior towards others and their opinion of themselves?

• 93Sean93, ED-E, 018361 and 1 other like this

dice
  • dice

love_triangle

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:35 PM Edited by dice, 03 January 2014 - 04:38 PM.

Isn't it also interesting how the police are always the pigs and you are the model citizen just following the laws (even though you clearly weren't )? Because you already have a police record and the car wasn't registered on your name, they obviously had to check you. He was doing his job, like you were, how the hell should he else know that you were clean? Was it so hard for you to cooperate? From your situation there's not even a reason for you to start back-talking to him like that. Jesus, not every cop is out there to get you, most of them are normal people who live normal lives and have families at home waiting for them

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:56 PM Edited by Joe Chip, 03 January 2014 - 04:58 PM.

But please, stop treating me like an animal because I am a Spanish citizen and I should be treated with respect, as you see, I have no warrant for arrest, my car is 100% legal and it's bills

I think you took it the wrong way. I don't know where you are, but I'm pretty sure driving bills is not "100% legal." :dozing:

lt_yao
  • lt_yao

Satie

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:57 PM

Isn't it also interesting how the police are always the pigs and you are the model citizen just following the laws (even though you clearly weren't )? Because you already have a police record and the car wasn't registered on your name, they obviously had to check you. He was doing his job, like you were, how the hell should he else know that you were clean? Was it so hard for you to cooperate? From your situation there's not even a reason for you to start back-talking to him like that. Jesus, not every cop is out there to get you, most of them are normal people who live normal lives and have families at home waiting for them

Doesn't warrant being a complete bellend.

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:02 PM

If disrespect is shown, he has a reason to speak to them like that. He did everything in a respectful manner and they treated him like he was a criminal. Sometimes police officers think they are above the ordinary citizen.

Drake1212
  • Drake1212

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:08 PM

I do not feel any sympathy for you.
You did something illegal and the cops therefore has every right to pull you over.
Then they see that you have a criminal history, which should always make a good cop suspicious.
They've probably pulled over hundreds of people with criminal history and most of them are still criminal active, and most of them will treat the cops like sh*t - so they probably just expected you to do the same.

They did their job - giving you a ticket. It's not a policeman's job to warn you about the dangers of driving too fast. It's their job to prevent and stop criminal activity and they had their reasons to believe that you were conducting criminal activity.

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:37 PM Edited by WinterEdit, 03 January 2014 - 05:37 PM.

I do not feel any sympathy for you.
You did something illegal and the cops therefore has every right to pull you over.
Then they see that you have a criminal history, which should always make a good cop suspicious.
They've probably pulled over hundreds of people with criminal history and most of them are still criminal active, and most of them will treat the cops like sh*t - so they probably just expected you to do the same.

They did their job - giving you a ticket. It's not a policeman's job to warn you about the dangers of driving too fast. It's their job to prevent and stop criminal activity and they had their reasons to believe that you were conducting criminal activity.

Because going 20 km/h over the speed limit means the speeder is a real, hardened criminal... sure, it was illegal, but not enough to justify the guy being treated like an asshole. Not everyone that does minor infractions is an asshole, so the law enforcement shouldn't be either. If the guy driving was drunk or on drugs, then I would have understood the hostile acting of the police guys.

Criminal history? If it's something that happened in teenage years, so what? Nearly everyone does moronic mistakes when they are teens. I haven't... yet however though. If it's criminal history later on, it's more reasonable to be suspicious.

Also, "They've probably pulled over hundreds of people with criminal history and most of them are still criminal active, and most of them will treat cops like sh*t - so they probably just expected you to do the same."... I'd say that if OP actually said the thing he told, it's pretty strong sign that he's not going to treat them like sh*t. Regardless of his respect towards the officers, they seemed to keep being assholes. So yeah.

I'm not really a fan of law enforcement, but I guess they're doing good enough job to keep the streets clean and stuff.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:14 PM

Isn't it interesting how giving a little bit of power to anyone, be it law enforcement, work, or on the internet, completely changes peoples behavior towards others and their opinion of themselves?

Forget the pigs, you got to love the undertones of ^this comment!

• Moonshield likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:29 PM

What undertones? It was just a comment about people in similar positions of authority.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:41 PM

What undertones? It was just a comment about people in similar positions of authority.

So the "giving a little bit of power to anyone, be it...on the internet" part wasn't a subtle indirect hit at anyone in particular?

Forgive me then for jumping to such a conclusion. :)   

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:43 PM

Who would I even be talking about? I haven't been here long enough to know anyone before they were a moderator to make such a judgement.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

Born to Lose, Live to Win

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:02 PM

It really depends on if they were assholes about it or not, they had the right to frisk you seeing as you have a criminal record and was going above the speed limit anyways. but yeah that line "do as you're told or we'll arrest you" makes me think that they acted like c*nts. so i dont blame you if your pissed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users