Photo

+$50,000 , Heists ?!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
206 replies to this topic
dzian
  • dzian

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:54 PM Edited by dzian, 23 January 2014 - 04:58 PM.

As I understood it the payouts were detrrmined by planning and performance.

Say you take 5 players amd all grab an 200k bag. Total take is a million but if 2 get caught or killed or something goes wrong the take drops to 600k as 2 of the bags are lost and thus everyones cut goes down.

Thats sort of how I figured it anyway. Have to wait and see though. If heists turn out to be notjing more than jobs like captures and deathmatches I will be pissed

I do think theyll be a progression style though. Start with a jewellery store move to a betting shop to a small bank up to a big bank and then like a state depository. Cant move up till youve cleared the previous sort of thing
  • CVasili likes this

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:55 PM

filling my ammo after a day of playing costs me 35k when I start a new session.....and that's without the use of the minigun, rpg or grenade launcher which I rarely use now. 80k simply isn't enough incentive for me to play with other people that are sh*t at the game and I only have a two member crew. Looks like the solo lonewolf player is going to be on the slow grind for the rest of GTAO's life span.

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:03 PM

I was expecting 150-250k for each player after the heist.

You can always buy some cash cards to make up for the low rewards... i mean its easy money...

megamillz
  • megamillz

King pin

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:04 PM

Testing 1 2

Sborges91
  • Sborges91

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:05 PM

After being directed here from my previous post, I just saw the "Ornate Bank Heist" listed under the missions from the main menu in GTA Online. With the cloud servers being down (for me at least), could this be a sign of heists coming soon? I keep checking back, but it hasn't appeared since I tried to join it. 

Edit* I've also come across some new missions through the phone. One was for Simeon and the other was for Martin. Both had 0.00% rating and only I could play it, none of my friends could join. 

I call BS on this claim.  I'm looking at the missions listed in the Start menu and all I see aer Close Action, Coasting, Coverted, Crystal Clear Out II, Crystal Clear Out III, Dirt Road, Factory Closure, Potshot and Truck Together.  Either that or I'm looking in the wrong place.

Pictures or it didn't happen please.

That's because you're connected to the cloud servers. For some reason, I wasn't when I started to play last night. I reset my XBOX and I was put back on the cloud servers. I just think it was a coincidence that I stumbled upon those missions. If anybody has a surefire way to disconnect themselves from the cloud severs (doubtful), then you might be able to see what I saw. I don't have a pictures to prove it, but I'm not lying. 

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:07 PM

That does seem to be a ridiculously low amount of cash for a mission I assume will probably take a heck longer than survival.

You can already make 12k under 5 minutes with Coveted; 12-18K through DMs and racing under usually 10-15minutes ; and 20K with survival within 20 minutes.

Apart from experiencing the mission there would be little to no benefits.

Rinsaf
  • Rinsaf

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:09 PM

This will probably be adjusted before it goes live..

If not, last nail in the coffin...

XJpostman
  • XJpostman

Li'l G Loc

• The Yardies
  • Canada

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:13 PM

I've got a very negative view but for some reason i'm not expecting heists to be a game changer. $80 000 between 4 people sounds about right when you look at all the other payouts.

moostered
  • moostered

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:18 PM

It would probably be $80,000 each not between 4.

UrbanForce22
  • UrbanForce22

likes big butts and he cannot lie.

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:23 PM

You have to be lvl 60 ? Well, I guess I'll be occupied the next 2 weeks.

am30
  • am30

Born British, raised British, staying British, sod independence

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:26 PM

Heists will only be worth it if you can pull them off the smart/quiet way (with proper planning, of course).

If I can team up with a few folks, plan a quiet heist and successfully execute it (based on planning and good teamwork) without getting a 3-star or higher wanted level?  They could pay in t-shirts and I would still do them.

But if these are going to turn out like Death From Above or Cops Capacity or one of those other fail missions that you can't stealth?  F* 'em.  I'll spend my time doing something else.

Most gamers that I have encountered can't do that.  I like to go stealthy, methodical and plan ahead with missions and survivals.  Too many players just go all guns blazing and die too quickly.  Not saying I never die, far from it, but I like to do what I can to postpone it from happening for as long as possible.

Perfect example, just now I was in the Boneyard survival with 3 other randoms.  One of them was a level 71, the other two were in the 50's and me who is 96.  Amazingly the level 71 died within the first 10 seconds of nearly every wave, I kid you not!  I was behind the grey cabin on the right side and when they couldn't get in that spot they just stood in front of me.  That's the sort of stupidity I'd expect from a newer player, not a level 71 who you'd have expected to have done this survival before so should know a few good places to camp!  It's not the first time I've seen such stupidity from higher level players.  So many heists will fail that I can see folks giving up on them.

ChillerVapes
  • ChillerVapes

Wondering aimlessly in a cloud, look up high n I'll be found

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:45 PM

I'm not even that excited about heists. When it comes to it, I have the driving skills and I'm strategic with placing stickies and hiding. Not really the one man army like some people pretend to be.

I'm simply looking forward to the mission creator. I think I will get more fun out of that since it requires you to think about stuff carefully and take your time on it if you want it to be good.

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:51 PM

I've got a very negative view but for some reason i'm not expecting heists to be a game changer. $80 000 between 4 people sounds about right when you look at all the other payouts.

Depends on how long they will take to complete. If they happen to be over 20/30mins then 20k (max possible earning) seems quite a pitiful amount.

People can make 36k in 15 minutes with coveted (unlockedat lvl36) so yeah, the pay might be nice at the end but it's too time consuming I can see people only playing them a few times before moving back to faster ways to make money.

Grottesca
  • Grottesca

Captivated

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:54 PM

Unless the payout is decent (more than 20K per player) I don't see myself ever completing a heist.

Sell a Baller and deliver a car for simeon, and that's about 20K right there.

No muss, no fuss, and no risk of dying and having to start all over again.

EJTexasMade
  • EJTexasMade

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:58 PM

With how much everything is in this game, I would expect heists to give you $250,000 to make them worthwhile. If you're only getting $80,000 for a long mission, why not just farmed Coveted for the money and RP? 

If the past is any indication, Rockstar will block the farming of Coveted soon or lower the payout, like they did with Mixed Up With The Coke.

GTAO_Playerrr
  • GTAO_Playerrr

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 06:01 PM

Low end heist = 50-100k/player

mid end heist = 100-250k/player

high end heist = 250-500k/player

uptownrockstar
  • uptownrockstar

Reagan Era

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:23 PM

What's the odds? :\

Terrato137
  • Terrato137

The One

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:34 PM

I hope heists will be shelling out way more than that, unless it's 80k/e or something. After all, it IS a heist, not some run of the mill mission.

xNinjaStarfishx
  • xNinjaStarfishx

Happy Happy Joy Joy

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:45 PM

I'm not even that excited about heists. When it comes to it, I have the driving skills and I'm strategic with placing stickies and hiding. Not really the one man army like some people pretend to be.

I'm simply looking forward to the mission creator. I think I will get more fun out of that since it requires you to think about stuff carefully and take your time on it if you want it to be good.

You are VERY optimistic, aren't you? Have you seen the crap that comes out of the mill that is the current Creators? I don't think you'll have to "plan" or even think about creating a mission, it'll be akin to Jumps Jumps Jumps and Jump and Die.

Ask anyone who created good races or Deathmatches, it's completely bogus. R* had an opportunity to encourage growth and skill within GTAO with the content creator and they failed. GTAO could have been like Little Big Planet (with murder, sex and drugs) but they took the easy way out and verified the cheap, terrible jobs.

Take it from a guy who spends literally hours creating races, Mission Creator will NOT be the saving grace.

I will pwn you newbs
  • I will pwn you newbs

Homie

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:51 PM

Needs to be 50,000 for each person

CVasili
  • CVasili

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2014 - 05:42 AM

I say its not enough cash/RP but, it still is cool though that if this is true because then we know heists will be added! I also saw a video for more leaked info about the jobs! Jobs include: Team Leader, Sniper(Optional), Hacker, Driver, Parachutist(Optional) and the Hired Gunner! I hope that they will come out with more heists that come with bigger payouts because all GTA Online is basically people who have used DNS codes and/or modded...

EvilFiend
  • EvilFiend

Peon

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 04 August 2014 - 05:49 AM

80k by 4 people is only 20k each....

RR lives on and heists are pushed to the side...  R* you just wasted thousands of man hours and lost half the community in one foul swoop
what more can you say?  GG?

luisniko
  • luisniko

Haeveeh Musheenguhn!

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 August 2014 - 05:52 AM

RR lives on and heists are pushed to the side...  R* you just wasted thousands of man hours and lost half the community in one foul swoop

What can they say?

KESHKERDZ!

DoingTheImpossible
  • DoingTheImpossible

Waiting for GTA V on Xbox One.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:04 AM

You do know this is old news right? It was posted in January....

shadyelf
  • shadyelf

Trick

• Members

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:13 AM

lol that's horrible. At least if it's shared. And even if it is shared $80k is like for a small time bank. The Ornate bank or Maze bank or Union depository (doubt we'll be able to do that since in SP they mentioned several times that nobody had done it yet) should pay a million or so.

wanes
  • wanes

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:19 AM

This thread is old, check the new one posted by funmw2

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• United-Kingdom
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013