Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Olympics
  • Contribution Award [Gaming]
    Best Bae 2015

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:16 PM

Yeah I've just followed people's advice and started playing signed out of PSN. It works fine then if you want to start a new game. None of your sh*t gets tracked via social club though.

nitnoid
  • nitnoid

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:13 AM

Good to know people are having the same problem. I wanted to go back to play V again since I've not touched it in so long. You think if I just roll out of the 1.08 patch it will be good?

From what I've heard, clearing your cache and playing on an older version works.  Same with just playing offline.  I think it has something to do with their cloud servers.  Downloading the packs makes everything compatible I think.

RiaJay21
  • RiaJay21

Post-Post-Ironic

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:44 AM

Reassuring to know that others are having this issue as well. My game loads up fine, but if I want to replay missions, it won't - the mission will load up, and I can play through it, but when going back to the main game, it just stops loading, as has been mentioned, with the music stopping and artwork freezing. Frustrating as I was trying to finally go for 100% on the account that my social club is linked to (I'm erratic when it comes to starting new games), but just said 'screw it' and made two new accounts (PSN and social club). Which I justified with the extra photo storage space.I just figured it was because I'd used up, like, 14 save files, though ... 

But yeah, it only started happening since I installed the latest patch. No matter. Hopefully R* will work out a fix or something, but not the end of the world. 

s1xty7
  • s1xty7

Always outnumbered, never outgunned.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:50 AM Edited by s1xty7, 05 January 2014 - 07:52 AM.

If you sign out of PSN/XBox Live, it should let you load.  I'm having the same problem on the PS3 and read that somewhere.  I hope they fix this in 1.09.

This is when loading a different save than the most recent in SP.

nitnoid
  • nitnoid

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:56 AM

If you sign out of PSN/XBox Live, it should let you load.  I'm having the same problem on the PS3 and read that somewhere.  I hope they fix this in 1.09.

Have you downloaded the beach bum pack and the capture pack?  Even if you don't play mp, it helped loading save files.

s1xty7
  • s1xty7

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:47 AM

Yea, I'm current on 1.08.

burner12
  • burner12

GTA Series Forever!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:56 PM

Have you downloaded the beach bum pack and the capture pack?  Even if you don't play mp, it helped loading save files.

Did those come with the current update, or where do you get them?

Fyttirakkern
  • Fyttirakkern

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:36 PM

Standard Rockstar that new problems occur when old problems get fixed. 

s1xty7
  • s1xty7

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:18 PM

Just started happening with 1.08. Wasn't a big deal but I finished my online trophies and went back to SP to finish the stunt jumps, knife flights, etc. I kept trying to restore to the save before the last auto save when I was crashing doing knife flights. By going to "Account Management" and choosing "Sign Out" in the PS3 menus, I was then able to load the saves that kept freezing. I didn't come up with this solution but I don't remember where I saw it.

I hope it helps somebody.

nitnoid
  • nitnoid

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:11 PM

No, the two packs are for multiplayer, separate from the 1.08 update.  I found this to fix my load freezes.  You can also just play offline and it should work fine.  Not sure how it works on PSN since I have XBLive.

KeepCalm and CarryGun
  • KeepCalm and CarryGun

Falling Outside The Normal Moral Constraints

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:27 PM

As far as I'm aware, the 1.08 patch is the sole source of the problem BUT only after 25th December last year.

This is, it seems, when the 'Christmas gift' contained within the patch was activated. 

It's worth pointing out that (after starting the game offline) you can sign BACK in to PSN after you start the game on PS3, this allows you to use BAWSAQ and Snapmatic as normal. But it also re-activates the problem....

It's now the 5th Jan 2014, Still no fix for a problem that prevents basic function of the SP game. Wake up R* you Arps Fumping Cumps.

• Axmann8 likes this

CKR187
  • CKR187

GTA and Heavy Metal: A healthy Breakfast.

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:24 AM Edited by CKR187, 06 January 2014 - 01:32 AM.

THANK YOU!! Quitting game, Signing out if PSN, then restarting game worked. I can now turn my auto save back on, without worrying that I'll be stuck with that game forever.

Axmann8
  • Axmann8

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:02 AM

Let's make things clear:

Rockstar just doesn't give a f*ck. They've done nothing to resolve this issue, and the only advice they can give is "lul idk disconnect from the net". Yeah, well when you do that, NOTHING GETS TRACKED ON SOCIAL CLUB. So it's NOT a f*cking solution, and it gets old that people keep offering it as one.

By the way, the Christmas DLC was set to expire on Jan 5, and it's now January 6 EST and the issue still persists.

It's a pretty big issue that users can't replay missions AND have them show on Social Club.

R* remains silent, and their silence tells us what's really going on: they don't care if SP doesn't work because it doesn't get them the extra money that GTA Online does.

on_board2
  • on_board2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:45 AM

Having the same problem.  Can't load any older saves after booting up.  I am on PS3 and was forced to download the latest patches.  I wish they would give you the option.  Why are they not fixing this problem if it happens to everyone?

Axmann8
  • Axmann8

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:46 PM

Having the same problem.  Can't load any older saves after booting up.  I am on PS3 and was forced to download the latest patches.  I wish they would give you the option.  Why are they not fixing this problem if it happens to everyone?

Read my post above: they don't care.

s1xty7
  • s1xty7

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:15 PM

Here's what I do for SP.

1. Start PS3

2. Sign Out of the PSN in Account Management.

3. Start GTAV.

4a. Play GTAV as normal without BAWSAQ or Snapmatic.

OR

4b. Sign back in to your account from the Account Management screen after making your preferred save your latest then play GTAV as normal.

5. Quit GTAV.
. . .
7. Profit?

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:45 AM Edited by DeafMetal, 07 January 2014 - 12:50 AM.

Hope they fix the damn thing soon. Had to delete my update data which will return tomorrow because of my PS+. Nevermind, doesn't work even with the files erased... so now my game's unplayable. Whelp, I think it's time to finish Tomb Raider.

MeGusta90
  • MeGusta90

I want a cool image under this sentence

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:32 AM Edited by MeGusta90, 07 January 2014 - 01:34 AM.

Happens if I replay a mission.

Can I just SIGN OUT of PSN to fix this? Or do I have to delete the update data?

s1xty7
  • s1xty7

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:45 AM

I didn't delete the update data.  Just signing out worked for me.  I still sign in and play GTA Online when I'm done with SP for the night.

rickwhire
  • rickwhire

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:16 AM

I downloaded beach bum and capture pack on your advice and (after rebooting xbox) so far, so good. Thanks!

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:31 AM

It's interesting that being signed in seems to cause the problem. I wonder how they're connected .

I bet Rockstar is wondering the same thing.  

gixxerific
  • gixxerific

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:29 PM

Yes cutter it is interesting. Just another reason to keep SP and multiplayer separate.

Screw you rockstar. I'm playing Diablo 3 now. So close to the end too of GTA5

tresshold
  • tresshold

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:05 PM

R* fix your goddamn game!!!!

your game brings more frustrations then joy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users