Photo

Game crashes at loading screen

52 replies to this topic
zielarz119
  • zielarz119

Peon

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:29 AM

No, don't move it to Troubleshots, I seen people on this forum had crashes when loading the save second time.  Everytime I load save with already playing one (or replaying mission) the game crashes... everytime. This seems to occur after 1.08, anyone have more info?

Car Lover
  • Car Lover

Lover of Cars

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:36 AM

System?

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

AKA: BLOOD,BiiD or BloodMOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:52 AM

No, don't move it to Troubleshots, I seen people on this forum had crashes when loading the save second time.  Everytime I load save with already playing one (or replaying mission) the game crashes... everytime. This seems to occur after 1.08, anyone have more info?

no Singleplayer is fine but yeah it take time to load GTA Online and i got time out like 3 times yesterday,normally this doesnt happen i think it the traffic of too much players or the f*cked up Hackers

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the fright

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:22 AM

Happens to me too on my 360 in singleplayer. I guess it's good to know it isn't just me being affected by this, I hope a fix happens soon as I'd like to start a new game.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:59 AM

Same here (PS3). It will load the last save from startup, but when I try to load any save file it gets stuck on loading screen (music stops & game never loads). Deleted last update & they load fine, but then can't play Online. Probably have to wait until the new year before R* sorts it. Doubly worse considering I haven't completed the story yet. :/

Giles Flaggot 1
  • Giles Flaggot 1

Giles Flaggot 1

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:15 PM

I seldom get to load my game with my 360 FAT ARCADE model if the machine is laying flat.
I get the message saying:
"Disc unreadable, clean with a soft cloth"

The game only reads if I put the machine sideways, I have never had to do this with any 360 game I own :/
Its probably my laser but 50 of my other games play perfectly.

Maybe a corrupt save file zielarz119???

esato
  • esato

Thug

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:34 PM

Happened here too. The artwork stops when loading and some instants after, the music stops too... and I have to exit the game.

I'm on PS3.

If you erase the update, everything gonna be ok (at least on Single Player).

Carld123
  • Carld123

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:23 PM

Same here (PS3). It will load the last save from startup, but when I try to load any save file it gets stuck on loading screen (music stops & game never loads). Deleted last update & they load fine, but then can't play Online. Probably have to wait until the new year before R* sorts it. Doubly worse considering I haven't completed the story yet. :/

I'm having the same issue i hope this gets fixed soon!

zielarz119
  • zielarz119

Peon

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:09 PM

I seldom get to load my game with my 360 FAT ARCADE model if the machine is laying flat.
I get the message saying:
"Disc unreadable, clean with a soft cloth"

The game only reads if I put the machine sideways, I have never had to do this with any 360 game I own :/
Its probably my laser but 50 of my other games play perfectly.

Maybe a corrupt save file zielarz119???

Everyone got this problem, my save is fine because it always work when I load the save from dashboard.

It seems that Rockstar must release another patch which will be 1.09

KeepCalm and CarryGun
  • KeepCalm and CarryGun

Falling Outside The Normal Moral Constraints

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:50 PM

Signing out of your console's online service, or disconnecting from the internet will solve the problem temporarily, as has been mentioned in many other threads.

Removing the last update is also effective (making it pretty clear that this is the source of the problem).

Out of interest, are there any SP players who AREN'T affected and are able to load previous save games? This seems to be pretty universal, on both consoles.

I know R* has prioritised GTO online over SP, but if they are planning to sell any SP DLC in the near future, players are gonna have to be able to install and load it... If SP issues like this aren't addressed, they won't be selling a lot.

"The screens gettin' all red and nobodys ordered the DLC, I'm gettin out!!!"

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Proto-Hipster

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 28 December 2013 - 12:21 AM

I'm having the same problem (PS3). 

YungEra
  • YungEra

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 01:39 AM

lmao I deleted all my save files thinking they were corrupted. Now I have to start all over because of a bug

shoulda came here first smh

gixxerific
  • gixxerific

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 01:08 PM

Same here on PS3 I can not load from in the game. I have to quit game and restart, though it does start from the correct autosve at least.

I will try signing out, not sure if I know how to delete the latest update but I will look into it.

This is a real let down RS. This really makes the game suck.

nitnoid
  • nitnoid

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 05:11 PM Edited by nitnoid, 28 December 2013 - 06:16 PM.

I'm having the same issue.  Cannot load a save game from the in-game menu.  The little round circle in the lower right just stops spinning on the first artwork.  I have to turn off the xbox and turn it back on.  When it loads up, it will load my last save file just fine.

I have an original elite and am running the game off of usb stick with my save files on the hdd.  Not a problem up until about a week ago that I can recall.  I was about 98% when this started.  I believe it started when I began to finish off the Assassination missions with Franklin.  I had invested in the BAWSAQ heavily.  Selling off all of my stocks didn't help with the problem either.

One solution I found was to copy the latest saves over to a usb stick up to, but not including, the save file you want to go back to, and then delete them from the hdd.

zielarz119
  • zielarz119

Peon

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:24 PM

Fixed for anyone else?

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

"Does the Pope sh*t in the Woods?"

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:48 PM

Yeap since saturday

nitnoid
  • nitnoid

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:21 AM

Fixed for anyone else?

Nope.  Still freezes when I load a saved game.  Have to quit and let it load on its own to work.

zielarz119
  • zielarz119

Peon

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:24 AM

yeah this problem AGAIN what the f*ck ;/

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

"Does the Pope sh*t in the Woods?"

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:01 AM

And it's back!!!! The problem that is!!!! :panic: :miranda: :die: :sui:

burner12
  • burner12

GTA Series Forever!

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:01 AM Edited by burner12, 01 January 2014 - 03:48 AM.

Same problem on my PS3. I can't reload a saved filed. Good to know I'm not the only one.

hn333
  • hn333

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:52 AM

Having the very same problem. Using a one year old Slim.

OregonMtnLion
  • OregonMtnLion

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:32 AM

I am having this problem, too, and it didn't start doing this until after the most recent update (1.08, i think) was forced on us. The last mission i have competed was the one that unlocks all of the BASE jumping locations on the map (just two" Strangers and Freaks" missions after the story mission "Monkey Business". This has happened on BOTH my Xbox 360 slims (both consoles have a 250 GB HDD disc each, and each have a 16 GB USB stick in the back that installed the 2nd disc to (the play disc)(and i own 3 different disc-based retail copies of GTA V for 360). This has happened to me twice so far, after replaying old missions both times. The first time it did this was on Christmas day (a week ago) on my two-year old console at my parents house. Now it has happened to me just now, 10pm Pacific Standard time, on New Year's Eve, on my one-year-old console in my apartment (each of these two consoles are hooked to different types of AV displays, not sure if that matters). It happens exactly as people are describing it, circle stops spinning during artwork "loading story mode screen", and console freezes so badly that i cannot even access the Xbox Dashboard. I'm not happy, i do NOT play the online stuff, i only play single player and i wish that Rockstar would stop throwing these stupid updates at us that make single player worse. I want to go back to update 1.07, but i don't think that's even possible, if i clear system cache it goes back to update 1.00 or 1.01, whatever it was with NO updates. I need the stuff that was in updates 1.02 thru 1.05, but the way the Xbox works, I am stuck with either update 1.08 or the "un-updated" original copy (complete with all sorts of bugs like not being able to browse in-game internet after finishing game). Please Rockstar FIX this, and you really should've made GTA online A SEPARATE GAME from Single Player GTA V, this is a almost a game breaker for me if this is not solved soon (and i am considering selling back all of my BAWSAQ stocks so i can go with the idea of always declining future updates, since i don't play online).

JhOnS04
  • JhOnS04

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:38 AM

Ive been trying since yesterday to start the game again and when i select the start a new game opcion it freeze on the loading, The game never starts and the only way to get back in the game its removing the game and start it over again. Did The patch 1.08 broke that too? Please let me know ; )

BeLikeMike
  • BeLikeMike

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:58 AM

Same problem. I just sign out and that seems to work.

burner12
  • burner12

GTA Series Forever!

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:29 PM

Same problem. I just sign out and that seems to work.

That's the only solution I've found too. But then you can't access GTA Online or R* Social Club.

Perfect Blade xD
  • Perfect Blade xD

Spam 4LIFE.

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:22 PM

It freezeng for me, too. What can i do?

nitnoid
  • nitnoid

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:49 AM

I think I may have fixed the problem.

I do not play online so I never d/l the available packages.  Well, I got frustrated and went to play mp and had to d/l the beach bum pack and capture pack.  after playing a bit online, I went back to the campaign and everything started loading fine again.  So far, no freezes.

burner12
  • burner12

GTA Series Forever!

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:12 PM

I haven't played much MP. I thought the update came after the Beach Bum and Capture packs?

Do we even know if R* s working on it?

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• The Connection
  • Olympics

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:23 PM

Good to know people are having the same problem. I wanted to go back to play V again since I've not touched it in so long. You think if I just roll out of the 1.08 patch it will be good?

Perfect Blade xD
  • Perfect Blade xD

Spam 4LIFE.

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:27 PM

Happens to me since yesterday. I can't even start the game....it freeze at the 2nd artwork on first loading screen....da fuq?!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users