Quantcast

» «
Photo

Personally, do you think tanks should have been included in this game?

199 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you think tanks should have been included in this game? (286 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think tanks should have been included in this game?

1. Yes (135 votes [47.20%])

Percentage of vote: 47.20%

2. No (108 votes [37.76%])

Percentage of vote: 37.76%

3. I don't care (43 votes [15.03%])

Percentage of vote: 15.03%

Vote Guests cannot vote
am30
  • am30

surprisingly nice

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:08 PM

It's more fun picking on NPC's than other players.

CHIEFSTA
  • CHIEFSTA

~

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:25 PM Edited by CHIEFSTA, 04 January 2014 - 09:26 PM.

Okay so yesterday I was playing a invite only session with my 1st character just messing with my garage & then I go to "switch character" so I can mess with my 2n character's garage & since doing so throws you into a random public lobby, I was too lazy to go back to single player just to get an "invite only" session started again, I notice everyone is in Blaine county so I'm thinking "No one will mess with me while I'm in the LSC" & guess what... As soon as I drive out the LSC a f*cking TANK was right there... I don't even move cuz I know what was gonna happen, this asshole blows up my car & I hear in the mic "Oops, did I just blow up your car?" ...like seriously?! What low life waits outside the f*cking LSC just to do this kind of sh*t & I was inside for quite some time so he was probably waiting there for a good 15 minutes.
  • ten-a-penny likes this

CHIEFSTA
  • CHIEFSTA

~

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:37 PM

The tank shouldn't be for sale(.)

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:35 PM Edited by FasterThanYou, 04 January 2014 - 11:35 PM.

LOL yeah, because tanks sure add A LOT of options and variety to gameplay!! Jesus, the bullsh*t people comes up with...

Just as much as any weapon does.

Rest of weapons don´t wreck sessions.

Wwweeeeeewwww
  • Wwweeeeeewwww

Uncle Barry Wants Your Land!

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:37 PM

People like the OP are the reason I pay money for games like this. To make some idiot cry.

• Cincy32 likes this

rlr149
  • rlr149

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:45 PM

People like the OP are the reason I pay money for games like this. To make some idiot cry.

and humanity is just a little more wretched for it, well done bringing the species 'up'.

deanstroyer
  • deanstroyer

West Side White Boy

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:48 PM

Okay so yesterday I was playing a invite only session with my 1st character just messing with my garage & then I go to "switch character" so I can mess with my 2n character's garage & since doing so throws you into a random public lobby, I was too lazy to go back to single player just to get an "invite only" session started again, I notice everyone is in Blaine county so I'm thinking "No one will mess with me while I'm in the LSC" & guess what... As soon as I drive out the LSC a f*cking TANK was right there... I don't even move cuz I know what was gonna happen, this asshole blows up my car & I hear in the mic "Oops, did I just blow up your car?" ...like seriously?! What low life waits outside the f*cking LSC just to do this kind of sh*t & I was inside for quite some time so he was probably waiting there for a good 15 minutes.

R* has made it so your car is invulnerable/invisible when you first leave LSC , you should have been able to get by, unless you just happened to not been paying attention, which does happen

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:53 PM

R* has made it so your car is invulnerable/invisible when you first leave LSC , you should have been able to get by, unless you just happened to not been paying attention, which does happen

You'd be lucky to get far considering the speed of the turret, but i do agree with him..

Texas_Tanner
  • Texas_Tanner

Not from Texas

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:25 AM

I don't mind tanks being the game, I just don't understand why there's no cool down timer before calling in a new one, especially since there is one for the mechanic. What kind of sense does that make?

This.

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:34 AM Edited by StewNorth, 05 January 2014 - 03:41 AM.

To be honest tonight I met a bunch of tank and entity griefers (same 4 guys in a crew) while I was playing with my lvl4 character and they clearly were trying to farm low levels. I immediately hopped to my main, by when I loaded back in they were onfoot.

I proceeded to 1v3 (one guy was on other side of map at that point) them into oblivion on foot , with an overall score of 14v4 deaths in my favour, at which point they started messaging me abuse and saying reported ( lol wtf). Eventually one of them got his tank again, so I went passive as he got nearby and he started using his mic to call me a pussy, etc...

So I did the only thing a sensible person could do, I climbed on a roof, went off radar as he was circling around and blew him up with RPGs. Best thing is the other guy who was on the other side of the map just arrived with an heli and kinda landed on the tank so I blew him up as well.

At this point I thought it was great time to give him some of his own medecine since we were so near the chinese theater and spawned my tank. Rushed to it on foot and blew em up to smithereens a few times each. It's pretty much at that point they voted kicked me and since it was just 7 of us in that lobby I was booted lol.

I messaged him : "u mad bros ?", and for that I got about a dozen of lulzy butthurt messages in return by the end of the conversation.

He never killed me once in his tank. Not even f*cking once. That's how bad that sucker was.

Saddest thing is that these guys were actually in their mid twenties. Given, they were terribad as I've never owned a crew so bad in GTAO...but guys like that exist, and they're scum.
  • ten-a-penny and Cincy32 like this

DSouza
  • DSouza

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:35 AM Edited by DSouza, 16 January 2014 - 04:37 AM.

is very funny to see the reaction of the player when he is inside the tank and I kill him with the sniper

tjor24
  • tjor24

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:19 AM

Tanks just need a nerf, higher cost to call for one, amd a game unabused by hackers

YourAMiz1900
  • YourAMiz1900

Dafuq do all of you want!? O.o

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:32 AM

Tanks have always been a part of GTA...The only problem with them is that they are soo easy to get now...They should have made it realistic and either have tanks only be acquirable through/by the military base. Simply buying one for a million and having it delivered nonstop for a mere 200 bucks is where the problem starts....

and the spawn locations for them are ridiculous...The only spawn that makes sense is the one by the military base...

• ten-a-penny likes this

Canibitch
  • Canibitch

Dope Dealer

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:35 AM

Yeah of course, ye can't have military bases and then not have tanks

• Cincy32 likes this

Pusher87
  • Pusher87

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:05 AM

I would say yes but not as a free roam vehicle. More like a mission vehicle. We need "hell mode" missions for level 70 and higher where tanks and buzzards should be almost absolutely necessary in order to get ahead. That'll keep free roam less sh*tty and give tanks a real purpose instead of just griefing. Obviously the tank bullies will disagree. Also no i haven't had bad tank experiences. Just hate trolls and griefers and a tank gives them part time god mode till someone figures them out.
  • ten-a-penny likes this

Cincy32
  • Cincy32

RIP FRED PHELPS

• Members
  • Afghanistan

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:07 AM

Killed some gangster on PSN for making fun of me, calling me a fa**ot because my name is Butthole (Buthol3K). Kept killing him. His friend goes and gets his tank. Before he shows up I get my tank, go off radar, and while he's looking in the map trying to find me I attack him. Blow him and his tank up. Keep spawn killing these two idiots while they're in passive mood (it's amazing how many high level players still don't realize that the tank turret will f*ck your sh*t up just like getting run over). Then some of their other friends get in on the action, so I take them out. Meanwhile the two original trolls run to the race track to get their tanks. I kill both of them right before they are able to get into their tanks (at different times obviously). While one of them begins hiding behind the fences and little huts in passive mode (after I already ran him over about 5 or 6 times) his friend comes back with a Buzzard which I blow out of the sky by my third shot (it was night and storming).

Then, one of their friends rolls up in his tank. Didn't realize he was a friend of theirs so I didn't shoot him. He blows me up. I respawn, go offradar, and blow him and his tank up with RPGs (he kills me twice more during this time though). We run to the street, he tries to kill me with stickies but ends up blowing himself up. I get my tank and keep spawn killing him so that he won't be able to get his tank (with most of the kills while he is in passive mode). He eventually climbs a building and sends me a text saying "get lost punk?" I drive away, he makes a dash for it, is able to hide out in a store, and is lobbing grenades at me while I shoot at him through the doors. He hits me zero times, I hit him once - that's all I need. He respawns and then leaves the session.

ALL of these players and their friends (except the last one) were of a higher level than me. I'm guessing they used DNS earlier on to rank up.

In another instance I was running around in passive when some spawn-killer in a tank was running around to all the different players and killing them. Being the good samaritan that I am I got my tank and immediately killed him. As soon as he respwans he is in passive. I kill him though. I kill him again. And again. Then he gets to a land bridge and does the jerk off action while he is out of my range. Then another player comes with his tank. We keep him isolated until he goes off passive and tries to fight us. Instant death. Respawns in passive. We kill him another 3 or 4 times at least. Then the other tanker leaves. I proceed to kill him for another 30 minutes until he leaves the session. By then there were only two other players left, levels 3 and 4 respectively. I mod up some Zions for them to sell and then do races.

Long story short, tanks can save the days from real assholes sometimes, especially if those assholes are in tanks of their own. Also, taking out a tank is not hard work, it just takes courage (if you're a super low level then it probably is hard work).

• ten-a-penny and StewNorth like this

MsWolfe
  • MsWolfe

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. of Duty

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:11 AM

I like to sit in my Tank occasionally and not do anything but drive around and observe people. Won't shoot at people or anything. But everyone immediately attempts to kill me when they see me, OR they assume I'm AFK and try to pull me out, OR they run away in the opposite direction cause they assume I'm hostile. 

I'm only Rank 143 xD Got the rank legitimately in my weeks of playing with friends.

Makes me sad tanks are so hated because people are douches with them. I'm friendly! :c 

Aljohnk
  • Aljohnk

*Intensifies*

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:18 AM

To me, they are useful when you're on the hardest job by Martin Madrazo. You f*cking destroy the cops and securities while your team goes in and finishes the job. ;)

• ten-a-penny likes this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

كساااد

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:00 AM

R* should upgrade the Passive mode into two types.

1. first type is this version~ only can use weaponry- cost 100$
  2. second type~ like the above. only you won't die from run-overs- cost 500$
  3. third type~ "invincibility for 5 minutes cheat" from SP. won't die from anything: run-overs, guns, explosions, falls. mainly the exact same as the god-mode cheat from SP. BUT- cost 5000$.

also they should make tank/military lobbies~

• enterable FZ~ No stars- unless you attacked the guards. instant 5-stars then.
  • Lazers. Lazers Everywhere!~ airport, FZ, Trevor's Airstrip, purchasable from the internet, etc

they also should've make the tanks from lvl100 onwards. COSTS 1B not 1.5M :monocle:

make the tank armor as weak as possible. either that, or make the Lazer purchasable for less cost. around 1M or so. since Tanks are OP. Fighters not.

Wug Shug
  • Wug Shug

Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:38 AM

Lol, just yesterday, I had 3 people trying to kill me, for no reason. They couldn't even pronounce my gamertag, so they called me Ball sac... hilarious I could hear them through the mic, but they all consisted to send me the message ballsac. One even said I blow my dad, lol, that proved how immature 20+ year olds can be. So after a 15v1 with this immature 20 year old(rank 19, I was rank 37)

His two buddies, one rank 36, and another rank 138, after going 14v9 with the high rank (proves that doing prison break glitch is not useful to other than rank up) they starting coming towards me with tanks. I went to passive mode, and they started saying "Ballsac is also a pussy" blah blah blah. Got my tank, killed them, then they go to passive mode, ran them over each around three times, then they say "Ballsac is a pussy, he has a tank." I sent each of them a message saying "hypocrites" After a while of ignoring them, I just left.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users