Quantcast

» «
Photo

Personally, do you think tanks should have been included in this game?

199 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you think tanks should have been included in this game? (286 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think tanks should have been included in this game?

1. Yes (135 votes [47.20%])

Percentage of vote: 47.20%

2. No (108 votes [37.76%])

Percentage of vote: 37.76%

3. I don't care (43 votes [15.03%])

Percentage of vote: 15.03%

Vote Guests cannot vote
JonesyRogers
  • JonesyRogers

DonnyZingFarka

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:04 AM

In my personal opinion, not at all. These mastodons are ridiculous and the people operating them are no better

They are, in my opinion, a huge nuisance.

I mean I don't know, i'm probably saying this because everyone is filthy rich and like level 400 nowadays so I mean..

Sorry if this is just a childish rant but I'm starting to get a little flustered with the tank ordeal. A lot of the matches I've been in have been practically unplayable, to be honest

• sinbot, am30, rob602pa and 1 other like this

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:06 AM

Friendly Freeroam - No friendly fire

Normal Freeroam - What we currently have

Hardcore Freeroam - No tanks, no sticky bombs, free aim only

Completely remove bad sport.

Problem solved.

• Spiffy McNugget, hywelkidd, lowracin and 8 others like this

LxBDeath
  • LxBDeath

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:07 AM

dunt mind them since they easy to kill

i like huntin them too, so i think they fun

sum ppl love tanks, sum ppl love killin tanks

perfect world

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

SHUT UP AND BLEED

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:08 AM

Stronger weapons then yes.

deanstroyer
  • deanstroyer

West Side White Boy

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:09 AM

in a map so big , there is plenty of room to play far away from a tank or 2 or 3 or 5 , but you have to want to. and your complaint only stands in free roam, which is only a portion of the online experience, tanks have been around since the original grand theft auto, and they are here to stay

• Mr. Crowley and Mpirerocks like this

Lagful
  • Lagful

Certified Fresh

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:09 AM

Obtainable from Fort Zancudo only. 

• Spiffy McNugget, prestonchan, coach_wargo and 16 others like this

JonesyRogers
  • JonesyRogers

DonnyZingFarka

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:11 AM

in a map so big , there is plenty of room to play far away from a tank or 2 or 3 or 5 , but you have to want to. and your complaint only stands in free roam, which is only a portion of the online experience, tanks have been around since the original grand theft auto, and they are here to stay

I guess you're right, didn't really look at it like that.

Was thinking the exact same thing. I think that'd be much better in all honesty

Lagful
  • Lagful

Certified Fresh

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:13 AM

Was thinking the exact same thing. I think that'd be much better in all honesty

It would make tank whores rage that much more when they get blown up, since they had to drive it all the way back to Los Santos. 

• saintsrow, lol232 and maschil like this

muhmuhhuh
  • muhmuhhuh

Peon

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:13 AM

This works for me. As did the guy with the various roam options.

I have voted no but really I dont mind them but something needs to change with them. Some people just spam them over and over and over again and that gets boring. 

Its all very well saying move someone else on the map but most tank spammers will just follow wherever people are. 

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

GTA0: Unreal on Wheels

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:16 AM

These mastodons are ridiculous and the people operating them are no better

Good analogy.  Dinosaur brains in a dinosaur vehicle.  I agree with OP. 

In keeping with the other people making suggestions, (and this has already been mentioned) perhaps there should be a special lobby for military vehicles.  They are out of balance.  Especially since people can get tanks at much lower level than RPGs.  That particularly f*cked things up.  And one or two RPGs should take out a tank.  Then things would be more balanced. 

• stonedpimpso likes this

JonesyRogers
  • JonesyRogers

DonnyZingFarka

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:19 AM

This works for me. As did the guy with the various roam options.

I have voted no but really I dont mind them but something needs to change with them. Some people just spam them over and over and over again and that gets boring. 

Its all very well saying move someone else on the map but most tank spammers will just follow wherever people are. 

Definitely. Like, i'm not against tank usage to be honest, it's just how they are obtained that annoys me. They should only be accessible through FZ 

LxBDeath
  • LxBDeath

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:20 AM

In keeping with the other people making suggestions, (and this has already been mentioned) perhaps there should be a special lobby for military vehicles.  They are out of balance.  Especially since people can get tanks at much lower level than RPGs.  That particularly f*cked things up.  And one or two RPGs should take out a tank.  Then things would be more balanced. 

raise the rank requirement could help wiv that

or maybe a cool down afta the tank gets destroyed.

i'd still like to use my tank for the heists lol, wuld be so stupid its fun

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Absof*ckinglutely. 

DevsNzL
  • DevsNzL

I'm Watching You

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Let me say this, if they didn't include tanks.  You be asking should they have personally left out the buzzard.  And if they also did that the next be should they have left out the jet.  And of course if they did that. Then it would be should they have allowed tanks, buzzards and jets online.

• xrk, EyeMacHunt and Cincy32 like this

JonesyRogers
  • JonesyRogers

DonnyZingFarka

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:26 AM

Thanks, lol. Didn't even realize that was an analogy at first actually

And yeah agreed, taking out a tank is a chore itself. 

Daimondl
  • Daimondl

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:27 AM

The best suggestion, they will have to drive all the way to LS if they want to kill someone.
Besides it's more real.

Cincy32
  • Cincy32

RIP FRED PHELPS

• Members
  • Afghanistan

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:28 AM

Tanks aren't a problem unless you're a lousy player who doesn't know how to deal with them or, guess what, doesn't know how to join a new session. It's not that hard. I don't know what lobbies you guys are in but people spawn killing in tanks is an uncommon occurrence for me. Stop whining. If you're really that horrible of a player then don't join lobbies that have any 70+ ranked players.

• DevsNzL and Mr. Crowley like this

Lagful
  • Lagful

Certified Fresh

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:30 AM

Tanks aren't a problem unless you're a lousy player who doesn't know how to deal with them or, guess what, doesn't know how to join a new session. It's not that hard. I don't know what lobbies you guys are in but people spawn killing in tanks is an uncommon occurrence for me. Stop whining. If you're really that horrible of a player then don't join lobbies that have any 70+ ranked players.

Having to deal with the same f*cktards over and over who just spam tanks gets old really quick. 

Pretty much every lobby I join has at least one of these douchebags.

muhmuhhuh
  • muhmuhhuh

Peon

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:32 AM Edited by muhmuhhuh, 03 January 2014 - 03:33 AM.

Yeah because the matchmaking works so well doesnt it?

What about new players? They CANT deal with them. 

They are in every session now. It sounds like you are getting lucky still. I never used to see any tanks then all of a sudden boom they are everywhere. Its the same thing every time too. They trundle around and shoot everything in sight. I usually hang around on roofs and even if they cant reach me they shoot again and again and again. Its ridiculous. I cant get at them as im stuck and they cant get me as im too far away. What a waste of time. 

They are just boring lobby killers

Daimondl
  • Daimondl

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:33 AM

Are you serious ? There are tanks everywhere, and guess what people below rank 70 can get a tank because of the glitch!
Is not being a bad player, tanks doesn't have any kind of restriction it's stupid.
  • JonesyRogers likes this

LxBDeath
  • LxBDeath

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:35 AM

lets be honest though 4 a second

te tanks are NEVER going to leave online

they are a cash sink that everybody wants n since the game is about microptransactions and stuff....they not gonna get rid of one of their top cash sinks (first one being adders)

tanks are stupid and they can be pains but they r also a lotta fun.

tanks will stay ingame forever, anybody thinkin othawise is foolin themselves

• Cincy32 likes this

Cincy32
  • Cincy32

RIP FRED PHELPS

• Members
  • Afghanistan

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:35 AM

Having to deal with the same f*cktards over and over who just spam tanks gets old really quick. 

Ask yourself this: what are you doing that makes you a target for these trolls? Tanks are slow. There are only certain areas where Pegasus will spawn them, you have the ability to go off radar, you have the ability to join a different session. And that's all assuming you're not good at tank hunting. If you're good at tank hunting then you have even more options at your disposal.

I legitimately just don't understand all the butthurt from victims of tank spawning. You're not defenseless. I've been tank spawned before. Half the time I'm able to kill them, the other half I join a new session and presto - problem solved!

muhmuhhuh
  • muhmuhhuh

Peon

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:37 AM

I actually dont think I have seen a rank 70+ tank user for a while. They are always 30ish. Oh or like 437. 

Tanks could be fun if everyone not in a tank would work together to take them out. I remember reading a few days back about NPCs coming in to take over LS and everyone had to join up to fight them off. The game needs more stuff like that I think. 

they are a cash sink that everybody wants n since the game is about microptransactions and stuff....they not gonna get rid of one of their top cash sinks (first one being adders)

I was wondering how long it would take to blame cash cards!

You are right in a way though, they wont get removed, nor should they, its a staple of GTA. But for gods sake nerf them a bit in terms of how easy it is to get one and spam in them. 

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

GTA0: Unreal on Wheels

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:37 AM Edited by saintsrow, 03 January 2014 - 03:44 AM.

Basically GTA0 boils down to two simple modes based on legacy video games: 

1.  GTA0 freeroam is like PACMAN with tanks.  You see a tank turning down your block, you run to the next block over. 

2.  GTA0 racing is like Burnout Paradise, without the over-the-top collision effects, just the collisions. 

• Ermac. and Fox2Quick like this

LxBDeath
  • LxBDeath

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:39 AM Edited by LxBDeath, 03 January 2014 - 03:41 AM.

I actually dont think I have seen a rank 70+ tank user for a while. They are always 30ish. Oh or like 437. 

Tanks could be fun if everyone not in a tank would work together to take them out. I remember reading a few days back about NPCs coming in to take over LS and everyone had to join up to fight them off. The game needs more stuff like that I think. 

I was wondering how long it would take to blame cash cards!

You are right in a way though, they wont get removed, nor should they, its a staple of GTA. But for gods sake nerf them a bit in terms of how easy it is to get one and spam in them. 

yeh thats wot i suggested above

raise the rank requirement

or add a 10 or 15 minutes cool down after the tank is destroyed. 15 mins is plenty of times to teach girefers a lesson or to get away if u cant be asked

edit : altho i did mention cash cards, i know u dont need to buy 1 to unlock the tank, it's only $1.5mil

but still...pegasus unlocks work as time/cash sink to keep the player engaged wiv the game

they remove unlocks and in a weird way they remove content

muhmuhhuh
  • muhmuhhuh

Peon

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:40 AM

Ask yourself this: what are you doing that makes you a target for these trolls? Tanks are slow. There are only certain areas where Pegasus will spawn them, you have the ability to go off radar, you have the ability to join a different session. And that's all assuming you're not good at tank hunting. If you're good at tank hunting then you have even more options at your disposal.

I legitimately just don't understand all the butthurt from victims of tank spawning. You're not defenseless. I've been tank spawned before. Half the time I'm able to kill them, the other half I join a new session and presto - problem solved!

They aint THAT slow. Especially if you are on foot. 

People joining new sessions will never be the answer to any of the games issues. Its where people can meet up and make friends/clan members etc. 

Radar doesnt always work. It seems to be timed perfectly where you can do whatever you need to do to take a tank out and then just as you are about to do it the timer runs out and you get flattened. Also Off Radar is level 50 aint it? There are a lot more lower levels around now. 

Cincy32
  • Cincy32

RIP FRED PHELPS

• Members
  • Afghanistan

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:41 AM

Exactly, I've joined up with others to take tanks out. Hell, there's nothing more satisfying then taking out a tank spawn killer with your own tank with help from others or not, and then spawn killing him until he leaves the session. You know, give them a taste of their own medicine.

I guess what I don't understand is that there are HUNDREDS, literally hundreds of things to do in GTA V Online. Why would anyone who can't fight off or flee from a tank waste their time getting killed by one repeatedly when there are HUNDREDS of other more enjoyable and competitive things to do - most of them accessible simply by pressing the start button.

I don't mean to sound angry, but I this all just seems to be self-imposed frustration. Don't let a silly tank ruin a game for you.

NDE108
  • NDE108

Real Talk

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:43 AM

WHINERS:  I can't deal with tanks, so lets remove it for everyone!

EVERYONE ELSE:  f*ck off, whiners. 

• Cincy32 and BadFish82 like this

LxBDeath
  • LxBDeath

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:43 AM Edited by LxBDeath, 03 January 2014 - 03:44 AM.

plus nobodys mentioned passive mod yet

go passive and the tank cant do sh*t

inb4 "herp derp they can run u over"

no sh*t they can run u over, its a f*ckin tank. dont stand in the middle of the road u idiot

• tonicmix and ChrilLe like this

Lagful
  • Lagful

Certified Fresh

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:48 AM

They target everyone and usually try to spawn kill whoever they can. Whenever I'm a victim to this I destroy their tank and more often then not they get mad and hunt me down in their never ending supply of tanks. Having to avoid some butthurt noob in his tank the entire time I'm in a lobby is just retarded. Having to constantly destroy their tanks is just as retarded. Sure I can just join a new lobby, but it will only be a matter of time before the cycle repeats itself again.

I didn't buy GTA to constantly fight tanks. If I wanted to do that sh*t I would be playing Conquest on Battlefield as an Engineer. 

• Jolly SWAGman and Psycholoons like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users