Photo

"God of War Meets Call of Duty" Coming to Kickstarter Januar

11 replies to this topic
alexttd
  • alexttd

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:34 PM

Hey guys, we’re developing a new project with an awesome team headed up by Infinity and Respawn Entertainment veterans Todd Alderman and Frank Gigliotti (lead developer and engineer, respectively, on Modern Warfare and Call of Duty) of Scary Mostro and Cecil Kim’s (Final Fantasy IX and God of War franchise) Section Studios. We love making games and after 12 years of creating first person shooters we wanted to apply our collective talents to our upcoming 2D side-scrolling action game, “To The Death!”

Be on the lookout for the Kickstarter campaign next month!

Connect with us on Twitter and Facebook for all the latest news on TTD:

twitter.com/ttd_game

facebook.com/tothedeathgame

Alex

Community Manager for To The Death.

• AceRay and The Milkman like this

TaviColen123
  • TaviColen123

Trollhater

• BUSTED!
  • Romania

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:48 PM

alexttd, on 02 Jan 2014 - 9:34 PM, said:

Hey guys, we’re developing a new project with an awesome team headed up by Infinity and Respawn Entertainment veterans Todd Alderman and Frank Gigliotti (lead developer and engineer, respectively, on Modern Warfare and Call of Duty) of Scary Mostro and Cecil Kim’s (Final Fantasy IX and God of War franchise) Section Studios. We love making games and after 12 years of creating first person shooters we wanted to apply our collective talents to our upcoming 2D side-scrolling action game, “To The Death!”

Be on the lookout for the Kickstarter campaign next month!

Connect with us on Twitter and Facebook for all the latest news on TTD:

twitter.com/ttd_game

facebook.com/tothedeathgame

Alex

Community Manager for To The Death.

Immediately lost interest when I read the words 2D and side scrolling. Wish you well in the project though I guess .

• Fireman likes this

The Milkman
  • The Milkman

"I'm just picking mushrooms and berries."

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:52 AM

Looking forward to learn more about the game when the campaign starts. Good luck!

Mista J
  • Mista J

I can't wait to show you my toys...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:25 AM

God of War meets CoD, yet its a side scroller? Good luck with the project though!

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:47 AM

3D title meets 3D title and it becomes a 2D-game? Side-scroller games can be fun, but your "comparison" didn't quite work out, lol. Either way, good luck on the project.

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:41 AM

Last I checked first-person shooters and hack n' slash games weren't 2D. 

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:42 AM Edited by Lazyboy., 03 January 2014 - 09:44 AM.

Eww, 2D. I hate how lazy game creation is deemed "cool" and "retro" or whatever by all the yoloswag hipsters crawling around.

i mean you could make a 2D platformer about a turd moving along a flat level and it would get 5* reviews for being "simple and addictive" and "questioning how the players move through levels" and "unique" and "funny".

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:54 AM

Holy sh*t, that sounds badass. The CoD part comes from some of the developers having worked on CoD, same with the GoW, although the game seems to be much more like GoW, this game is shaping up to be awesome. As you can see from their Facebook page, its a mix between shoot em up and beat em up, that where the influences come from. I'll wait until we see more info but I'm definitely interested.

Also, I've almost lost my faith in gaming looking at Lazyboy's post. Just because a game is in 2D, it sucks?

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:30 AM

The CoD part comes from some of the developers having worked on CoD, same with the GoW

Hey! You actually read the OP.

Seriously, the rest of you are f*ckin' idiots. All you had to do is read the OP and you'd know what CoD meets GoW means.

• AceRay likes this

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:43 AM

The CoD part comes from some of the developers having worked on CoD, same with the GoW

Hey! You actually read the OP.

Seriously, the rest of you are f*ckin' idiots. All you had to do is read the OP and you'd know what CoD meets GoW means.

Just because it has developers that worked on the game franchises doesn't make it "CoD meets GoW". It's basically the same as saying that when Black Ops 2 had the script-writer of The Dark Knight Rises that it was "Batman meets CoD". :p

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:22 PM Edited by GunWrath, 03 January 2014 - 12:23 PM.

Yeah and we all know Black Ass II was exactly that, ass.

I'm not a fan of side scrollers.. 2D doesn't really bother me but I don't see this as something I'd donate to or even play. Chances are this will be an Arcade game or something I'm sure. Good luck though!

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:37 PM

I'm sure they'll be fine. Kickstarter has been spitting out awful 2D side-scrollers and other hipster games since it started breathing.

And adding some names and games to the developers always works well.

Depending on how much money you're looking for (don't go asking for €500.000+ for a 2D side-scroller) it should work out fine.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users