GTA Online Free Aim lobbies being empty

17 replies to this topic
TheJasonGallant
  • TheJasonGallant

Random Player

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:32 PM

Hey everyone!

Well, I thought I would talk about this. It kinda sucks that you can't find lobbies with people in it when you look for a random job...

But, I thought that there would be one easy way to fix that and I don't understand why Rockstar didn't do that from the beginning.

The simple fix would only be: let people join the matches when they are already started. Why do you have to absolutely join when people are in the lobby?

It would be just so much simpler if you could join in progress. For races you'd join as a spectator though but still, don't make me believe it actually changes something in game modes like Deathmatches... There are people playing, but the only problem is, they don't play in the same lobby because once the required players are there, they start it right away as they are tired to wait. And I understand them, after 10 or more minutes of waiting, you don't want to wait another minute to get more players and even if you'd like to, you'd have to wait more than 1 minute to actually get the full room. But, if you could join in progress, they would fill up while playing so it wouldn't matter.

What are your ideas on this?

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

I DON'T GIVE A F*CK WHAT YOU THINK.

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:33 PM

To stick to assisted aim where there are MILLIONS of players.

ElBarrioKing
  • ElBarrioKing

Pool Shark

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:34 PM

Im on Free-Aim and theres always plenty of people whenever I join a lobby

• Papi Chulo likes this

TheJasonGallant
  • TheJasonGallant

Random Player

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:36 PM Edited by TheJasonGallant, 02 January 2014 - 07:38 PM.

To stick to assisted aim where there are MILLIONS of players.

It's your choice to go to assisted aiming (mostly because you are not skilled enough) but people have the choice to play how they like and if you like it with assisted aiming, good for you but it isn't the case for me so, unless you have something smart to say, leave.

Im on Free-Aim and theres always plenty of people whenever I join a lobby

Well it isn't for me, they are always empty.

CaptainSpaceCat
  • CaptainSpaceCat

Snitch

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:40 PM Edited by CaptainSpaceCat, 02 January 2014 - 07:41 PM.

It wouldn't work in modes like LTS, plus you run the risk of sitting through the interminable loading screens only to join a game with 2 other people and 10 seconds left, thus more of the whole sitting there watching loading screens thing. Would probably also mess up team balancing.

PaulDPearl
  • PaulDPearl

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:41 PM

The problem with all of this is the way we join lobbies - and create games...

You should be able to change the "aim mode" when in the mission lobby menu (as the host). You should not be forced offline to change this simple setting...

You should not randomly join one of your friends when switching to online, you should be presented with a list of search criteria or a location based lobby system (like every other online game ever).

You should be able to browse through a list of "Free Aim" servers and click on the one you want to play in (the ONE in one thousand that has more than 4 people in it). You should be able to see the ping time to your server as well as everyone else's ping time (in that server).

In online gaming... FINDING A SERVER should never be the hardest part of the game....

• dOn DaDa ShOttA, TheJasonGallant and B3astGTS like this

TheJasonGallant
  • TheJasonGallant

Random Player

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:42 PM

It wouldn't work in modes like LTS, plus you run the risk of sitting through the interminable loading screens only to join a game with 2 other people and 10 seconds left, thus more of the whole sitting there watching loading screens thing. Would probably also mess up team balancing.

It's not much worse then not finding a game at all is it?

And on Last Team Standing, you'd go in spectator mode of course...

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:42 PM Edited by tymaster50, 02 January 2014 - 07:42 PM.

Ur connection sux OP get off dat mexinet. Laggin and sh*t 

TheJasonGallant
  • TheJasonGallant

Random Player

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:46 PM

Ur connection sux OP get off dat mexinet. Laggin and sh*t 

I'll not even bother as you don't know anything.

• PaulDPearl likes this

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:47 PM

They know something you do not...

TheJasonGallant
  • TheJasonGallant

Random Player

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:49 PM

Maybe but I know things they don't, isn't life special?

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:50 PM

Life is very special and cherished...YOLO.

TheJasonGallant
  • TheJasonGallant

Random Player

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:51 PM

Life is very special and cherished...YOLO.

lol

PaulDPearl
  • PaulDPearl

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:51 PM

Connection has nothing to do with it... So he has said nothing useful about the topic in the original post...

TheIllaDopest
  • TheIllaDopest

The Bluntmaster Messiah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:57 PM

here, sign up and add these guys

http://gtaforums.com...-freeaim-topic/

TheJasonGallant
  • TheJasonGallant

Random Player

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:57 PM

Connection has nothing to do with it... So he has said nothing useful about the topic in the original post...

Nope, they didn't yet. Well, only your post actually said something usefull, wich I kinda forget replying because of these people here...

I feel like your idea about the server browsing was pretty good. But, about the Aim changing in the lobby, I'm not to sure about it... If someone joins you and that you change the aiming just after... It would kinda suck for the guy who didn't want to play free aim...

PaulDPearl
  • PaulDPearl

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:04 PM

Nope, they didn't yet. Well, only your post actually said something usefull, wich I kinda forget replying because of these people here...

I feel like your idea about the server browsing was pretty good. But, about the Aim changing in the lobby, I'm not to sure about it... If someone joins you and that you change the aiming just after... It would kinda suck for the guy who didn't want to play free aim...

^ maybe but like the other options, it should be listed there... similar to the race being GTA vs. Normal (and those options, I believe, would be among those which can't be changed once someone has joined...)

B3astGTS
  • B3astGTS

Why? Because cash cards...

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:58 PM

The problem with all of this is the way we join lobbies - and create games...

You should be able to change the "aim mode" when in the mission lobby menu (as the host). You should not be forced offline to change this simple setting...

This. GTA IV had the perfect system in this regard. No idea why they changed it for the worse in V.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users