Problem with USB in this computer

6 replies to this topic
Danikov
  • Danikov

The Fake Russian

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:55 PM

As the title says,I have an issue with the USB in this computer,I have been looking all over the net for a solution for this annoying issue,which started occuring since about July-June,but none helped me so far.

Very frequently and randomly my mouse and keyboard disconnect from the computer and reconnect again,sometimes the computer totally denies the Mouse and Keyboard,requiring me to restart the computer manually.

I tried putting the Mouse and Keyboard in all other 6 available USB ports,but unfortunately,disconnections keep on occuring over and over and over again.

But I think I might know to tell from what the problem had started occuring,it started occuring some time after I got my motherboard and other components inside the computer replaced,after a faulty disk had bursted inside the computer. I have seen in the net that some USB issues may occur because of something wrong in the BIOS or something like that,but I rathered not to do mess around with that since I do not have any knowledge in such technical stuff,as I might do something completely wrong and might not be able to redo my actions.

So that's why I am posting it here,a post described with my own issue,and hopefully the right people can help me out with this.

uNi
  • uNi

Feroci

• Administrator
  • None
  • Best Official Gang 2014 [Feroci]

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:06 PM

Try downloading the official motherboard drivers.

loony979
  • loony979

Homie

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:25 PM

Is the device wired or wireless ?

how old is the KB & Mouse .

model name for the MB & KB - Mouse

We can help if you can get this info thanks. MB name = on the MB itself ... :)  :)  :) 

Danikov
  • Danikov

The Fake Russian

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:59 AM

I have an ASUS motherboard,I do not know how to update the drivers for it.

As for what I am using,I have the basic black Microsoft Wired Keyboard 200 and Microsoft's black Basic Optical Mouse v2.1 .

Graven
  • Graven

Boss

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2014
    Most Talented GFX Artist 2014
    Most Talented GFX Artist 2013

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:43 AM Edited by Graven, 03 January 2014 - 09:47 AM.

You can:
a.) open the case, the morherboard model should be written above or between the pci slots.
b.) download a tool, that can be used to read more detailed info. Google for HWinfo.
c.) might read in the boot up, You may need to pause.

Then, when You know the model, go to Asus website, download latest appropriate motherboard drivers and install.

Stinky12
  • Stinky12

No title

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:59 AM

What is your system specs? Which Asus board do you have? Do you know the model of it? If not download CPU-Z, click on motherboard tab and it should tell you.

Are the USB ports 2.0 or 3.0? If it's 3.0 then go into bios and try disabling xHCI under the USB section.

If you have USB 2.0 on the front of your case, plug your keyboard and mouse into that and see what happens.

Windows has USB 2.0 drivers so there is no drivers to download. For USB 3.0 if your Asus board is socket 1155 then it's using 3rd party USB controllers, download the latest from Asus site

If it's running on socket 1150, then you will have native USB 3.0 by Intel, download latest USB 3.0 drivers from Intel's website

If there is are extra USB 3.0 ports, then it's also provided by a 3rd party USB controller, download that from Asus website.

Danikov
  • Danikov

The Fake Russian

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:19 PM

What is your system specs? Which Asus board do you have? Do you know the model of it? If not download CPU-Z, click on motherboard tab and it should tell you.
Are the USB ports 2.0 or 3.0? If it's 3.0 then go into bios and try disabling xHCI under the USB section.
If you have USB 2.0 on the front of your case, plug your keyboard and mouse into that and see what happens.
Windows has USB 2.0 drivers so there is no drivers to download. For USB 3.0 if your Asus board is socket 1155 then it's using 3rd party USB controllers, download the latest from Asus site
If it's running on socket 1150, then you will have native USB 3.0 by Intel, download latest USB 3.0 drivers from Intel's website
If there is are extra USB 3.0 ports, then it's also provided by a 3rd party USB controller, download that from Asus website.

I am now relying on memory as I don't have access to it until tomorrow eve.

I got an i3-2300 (Forgot how much GhZ),ATi 6750 HD video card,4 GB RAM.
As for the motherboard,its an ASUS model P8H67-M LX .

Ports - How can I check their version?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users