So who here uses auto aim?

415 replies to this topic
gear999
  • gear999

I need to change my picture

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:25 PM

I don't play enough to care about having a better skill level, than some obiese troll on these forums.
Auto aim = casual relaxed player.
Free aim= try hard no lifer, that cares waaaaay to much about a video game.

Dat ironic hipocritical name.

It's a trap!!

Hahaha, the only people that have taken offence / mentioned my name, are actual virgins.

Why else would you care?

Don't you just hate people who judge you by your username.

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

BOOM. DOWN. OWNED.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:25 PM

My aiming works fine.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:25 PM Edited by Vooodu, 02 January 2014 - 06:27 PM.

I don't play enough to care about having a better skill level, than some obiese troll on these forums.

This.

That^ ?   Dafuq does that even mean?

Auto Aim = Someone who can be bothered to aim for themselves and rely on aim bot to play for them.  They obivously hate missing...Theres no reason to use an aim bot.

Free AIm = Players who don't give a sh*t if they miss and would rather play without an aimbot sucking the point out of shooting.

This AA vs Free Aim is annoying.  It always turn into forum AArs claiming all free aimers are elitist douche bags while making excuses for reasons why they use an AIM BOT.

Funny that the OP would start another thread like this considering how he acts toward players when Free AIm is brought up.  

Here we go again...lol

• damian001, Enchilada, Magick and 1 other like this

mrmarcd
  • mrmarcd

Prankster

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:26 PM

Anyone else feel that the aiming is messed up? Latency and stuff? Because it sure feels like it.

I've sniped a guy right between the eyes, only to see him still standing, and kill me. (No he wasn't god mode/passive). Not sure if this was an aiming issue, or because I was using the weaker of the two snipers?

M3mn0ch_1987
  • M3mn0ch_1987

Prankster

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:26 PM

Played all of SP in free aim

Stated online in free aim

Joined a crew that was Aim Assist only :(

Left said crew went straight back to free aim and do not regret it one bit.

All that say the servers are dead in free aim either have issues with their connection to rockstar servers and are being put in empty(ish) lobbies or haven't tried free aim in a while because it is heaving in here.

I don't play free aim because I think im pro and need to prove something to someone I do it because its more of a challenge for me. I used to play CS:S on PC semi pro and don't understand why people find it difficult to free aim on a control pad if they are used to keyboard and mouse? I can see how at first you would find it frustrating but its a learning curve. Rome wasn't built in a day as they say.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:28 PM

I can see how at first you would find it frustrating but its a learning curve. Rome wasn't built in a day as they say.

Would you go back to public baths?

PaulDPearl
  • PaulDPearl

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:29 PM

I play on Assisted Aim servers.

The weird thing is that my friends and I reported that we started out as Free Aim on online and then changed without us noticing. We've been too lazy to change it back.

This is the part that bugs me more... I don't use free aim online because I can't find a server with anyone else when I try... and if you join a friend, he'll likely be using AA. I've never seen a Traditional GTA aim - and when I experimented with it offline, I found it wasn't very traditional to gta... (how could it be with all the controls so different?)

I used free-aim through the whole SP campaign and would prefer it... the AA always locks on to the guy who's NOT shooting at me (against the AI) so I was much more effective w/o it.

Again... nothing about the combat in this game requires any skill.. either AA or Traditional GTA AA or free-aim.. it's all on super duper easy mode with mega kill laser beams...

If I had the option to change it in the pre-game lobby, I would change it more often (as host). I do think it would make a decent feature add (allowing us, the host, to choose the aim mode for the game we're about to play). That way.. say you choose a Deathmatch, you can choose to go Free Aim (which most people would agree would require more skill than AA) but if you go on a mission you can use AA (and no one will care because AI's are super-human auto aiming nightmares).

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

BOOM. DOWN. OWNED.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:29 PM

I do not have an issue with free aimers...I have an issue with free aimers attacking and ridiculing me...I do not try to sway you to my side so do not try to sway me to your side.

SJH1991
  • SJH1991

Scotland's finest

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:32 PM

It's a trap!!

Hahaha, the only people that have taken offence / mentioned my name, are actual virgins.

Why else would you care?

Because someone with a name like his, it suggests he's had sex with one girl and now thinks he's a ladies man and better than everyone here..

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:34 PM

but if you go on a mission you can use AA (and no one will care because AI's are super-human auto aiming nightmares).

Missions on auto aim are so easy is mind numbing.

Watched my friend play  a few harder missions and i just could not help but laugh. Watched him gun down all the AI in seconds with lock on.  He barely took cover, he just went to the best view point and lock and dropped everything in seconds.

I could never enjoy AA.  I don't want to kill everything in seconds.  I don't want to rarely miss.  I don't want to be able to laugh off hordes of enemies like nothing. It may come as a shock to AA players, but.. I want to miss.  I want to think about how i handle a shoot out... I want to have to take cover.

• damian001, Fuzzknuckles, Magick and 7 others like this

caddymanlnl
  • caddymanlnl

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:38 PM Edited by caddymanlnl, 02 January 2014 - 06:38 PM.

My free aim in COD will hurt your feelings. I use auto aim in gtao, I didn't even know free aim was a option till a few weeks ago and could care less.

Free aim or auto aim, don't matter to me, pick what you like.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:39 PM Edited by Vooodu, 02 January 2014 - 06:42 PM.

I do not have an issue with free aimers...I have an issue with free aimers attacking and ridiculing me...I do not try to sway you to my side so do not try to sway me to your side.

They only attack you because you act like an idiot toward them on this forums... I mock you constantly, but not because of your choice of aim modes.  But because you rage on about how free aimers should "DIE"  and are all elitist douche bags.

I can't help but mock you after what you post. Infact i enjoy poking fun at you sometimes :D.

But seriously... Players MOCK the AIM BOT function because its an AIM BOT.   

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:39 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 02 January 2014 - 06:41 PM.

I could never enjoy AA.  I don't want to kill everything in seconds.  I don't want to rarely miss.  I don't want to be able to laugh off hordes of enemies like nothing. It may come as a shock to AA players, but.. I want to miss.  I want to think about how i handle a shoot out... I want to have to take cover.

It might also come as a shock to free aimers that I just want to have fun. Enjoy the sights and generally dick around with not a worry in the world, while talking to my wife / friends behind the screen and generally relax. Or just crack jokes while I mow down NPC`s with whatever friends I am online at that time on the mic.

chriiis125
  • chriiis125

Meat Shield

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:41 PM

I started on assisted, I think, but after a few weeks of playing online, I tried out free aim since DM wasn't fun for me with lock on. The lock just feels too much in V compared to IV.

Matchmaking is crrrrapppp though (especially) with free aim. Ironically, I switched because of DM and haven't been able to play one since.

Still prefer free aim. V got the combat so smooth it actually is odd they kept the traditional aim style in.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:41 PM Edited by Vooodu, 02 January 2014 - 06:44 PM.

I've noticed the free aimers have pretty lengthy replies on this matter.

Seems like my post is true.

You care wayyyy to much about a video game

Your post is full of sh*t tho...  As if it takes more then a few seconds to type to something?

Maybe if you are reaaaallly slooooooow at typing.  Then you might have a point.  Some of us can type fast enough that a few sentences are not really hard to string together.

But nowadays kids can't read.. Its all Tooo long... Even if its half a paragraph..lol

• Punkdaz likes this

SJH1991
  • SJH1991

Scotland's finest

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:45 PM

You are all V1rgins, let's do a free aim 1v1 and we'll see...

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

"Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?"

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:48 PM

I would like to move to free aim but I don't think any of the 5 guys who play Free aim want me there.
  • Zevares and Furry_Monkey like this

PaulDPearl
  • PaulDPearl

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:49 PM Edited by PaulDPearl, 02 January 2014 - 06:49 PM.

I've noticed the free aimers have pretty lengthy replies on this matter.

Seems like my post is true.

You care wayyyy to much about a video game

Your post is full of sh*t tho...  As if it takes more then a few seconds to type to something?

Maybe if you are reaaaallly slooooooow at typing.  Then you might have a point.  Some of us can type fast enough that a few sentences are not really hard to string together.

But nowadays kids can't read.. Its all Tooo long... Even if its half a paragraph..lol

LOL..

I laughed out loud... I think he's talking about me... and yes, he's correct.. the more thought and effort you put into having fun, the less fun it is. I'll try to use words that he won't have to search google for their meaning next time.

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

BOOM. DOWN. OWNED.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:49 PM

Some people have terrible memories...When will I learn to not try to have a mature conversation with a child.

GankThis110
  • GankThis110

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:51 PM

It's a trap!!
Why else would you care?

I find it more offensive you using a 1 instead of an i.

Originality, my friend.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:52 PM

It might also come as a shock to free aimers that I just want to have fun. Enjoy the sights and generally dick around with not a worry in the world, while talking to my wife / friends behind the screen and generally relax. Or just crack jokes while I mow down NPC`s with whatever friends I am online at that time on the mic.

What does aim have to do with any of that?

Are you saying you can't have fun while aiming yourself?  Are you sacred of missing?  It makes no sense to me.

But either way, the majority of your posts usually make no sense at all.  It usually seems that once you think you have a point, you go full on in the other direction without thinking.

As much as i enjoy poking fun at Ugotsmoked.  You can be the most annoying person ever to have any sort of conversation with about anything.

I can make a topic called... Everyone poos!.   And 5 mins later you come in talking about "GoooO Sea Biscuit!"...

Semperfiman550
  • Semperfiman550

"Coming for You"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:52 PM

I use assisted aim and that is never going to change. I also used it in RDR, gotta love auto locking than going up for an easy headshot. Get mad free aimers.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:53 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 02 January 2014 - 06:58 PM.

What does aim have to do with any of that?

Are you saying you can't have fun while aiming yourself?  Are you sacred of missing?  It makes no sense to me.

Read it as many times as you need, until you understand what I was trying to say.

[EDIT] I`ll give you a hint: to you, the fun comes from shooting the NPC`s / players / pushing yourself / whatever, or so I think from your posts. To me, the fun comes from the social aspect of the game - THIS game, anyway. 

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

BOOM. DOWN. OWNED.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:54 PM

You probably dont believe this but your opinion means absolutely nothing to me.
  • Phyxsius- and Zevares like this

Mr Oraange
  • Mr Oraange

shriek

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:57 PM

Still confused on the difference between Traditional GTA and Assisted...

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:57 PM

I use auto aim.  I've never used free aim in GTAV/online, but have in previous GTAs.  I don't really care.  Some games are free aim, some are auto aim.  I usually just go with what's out of the box.  Apart from doing missions I don't see it matters anyway, since everyone in the session is using the same mode so it's balanced.  If free aim and auto aim players were mixed then that would be a different story, but it's not.

• Phyxsius- and Zevares like this

TinyMcBig
  • TinyMcBig

BigMcTiny

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:58 PM

I play auto aim. Free aim seemed like too much vehicular combat since you can't shoot people out of cars on foot as easily.

Only thing that bugs me about auto aim is it locks on police so you need to remember to at least free aim when a player is near police.

ElBarrioKing
  • ElBarrioKing

Pool Shark

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:59 PM

Lol @ generalizing free-aimers

Dumbass kids

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:59 PM

Traditional will lock onto a target if you're facing up to 90 degrees away from them.  GTA needs you to be closer to actually aiming at them before it locks.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:00 PM

Traditional is aim bot. Regardless of where you aim, if it is in front of you, it WILL aim at. Assisted requires you to aim in the general direction of what you want to hit. If you are close enough, it will move your aim to target.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users