Photo

So who here uses auto aim?

415 replies to this topic
Koronin737
  • Koronin737

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:55 PM

Ya its a bit hard but it seems like while my aim isnt good im at least not killed by others so easily so its kind of a trade off.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:08 PM

Show me a video of anyone beating survival solo with free aim without camping and I will sh!t a solid gold brick.

Its not about beating it....lol.  But it is possible.

Im talking about getting some good practice with free aim under extreme conditions.

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

DON'T SWEAT THE TECHNIQUE

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:17 PM

If its possible then show me.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:20 PM

If i knew how to record my xbox videos i would..   

Are you on 360?  You could join me and cheer on the AI to kill me while i do it. :D.

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:21 PM

PS3...I am gonna search YT when I get off work to see if I can find anyone doing this...with any aim options.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:21 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 13 January 2014 - 05:39 PM.

PS3...I am gonna search YT when I get off work to see if I can find anyone doing this...with any aim options.

It was possible on Processed, using that particular dumpster in the hangar (first hangar to the right as you look at the loading screen - just in the right corner) - they patched it in 1.06 or something. I did it myself once, but it was way too long and boring to ever try to solo a survival again...

- this might be obsolete, but it WAS possible, in more than one way. I haven`t personally tested any of the spots he`s showing, so take it with a grain of salt. Worth a shot for a lonely and boring afternoon.

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:39 PM

Voodu makes it sound like he stands out in the open with free aim solo and mows down all 10 waves...that I would pay to see.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:49 PM

Voodu makes it sound like he stands out in the open with free aim solo and mows down all 10 waves...that I would pay to see.

Dude... I don't play free aim as if im using Auto Aim.  That's insane.    Also, how did i make it sound like i could even pull that off?

Although playing like that is good practice for free aim, it sure as hell wont help in actually surviving survival.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:13 PM

free-aim requires you to take cover even more than auto-aim

so challenging some1 to solo survival on free aim without camping is just plain stupid.

Badboy41386
  • Badboy41386

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:25 PM

If you want free aim play battlefield or cod

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:29 PM Edited by SecludedMemory, 13 January 2014 - 07:42 PM.

If you want free aim play battlefield or cod

If the Battlefield and CoD games had assisted aiming in the likes of GTA you can bet your ass the majority of players would be playing those and this same discussion would exist on those forums.  

And what are your guys' definition of camping in Survival? Staying in the same spot for all 10 waves? For an entire wave? Most of a wave? Half of a wave? Taking cover behind a wall for 30 seconds?

Completing Survival by yourself on free aim without camping on a few of the maps is definitely possible. In fact on some of the maps it's probably easier to move around. Obviously it's way more difficult on some than others, like the Industrial (in my opinion) is definitely one of the more difficult ones.

I've personally completely the Del Perro Pier survival by myself without camping. I find it boring. You can call bullsh*t if you want, and I honestly don't give a sh*t if you believe me, but the fact of the matter is it's possible and it's fun as hell.    

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:31 PM Edited by iiGh0STt, 13 January 2014 - 07:31 PM.

I use auto free aim... which mean when a tool is hiding behind bushes and trying to abuse auto aim to the noob standards we all know it to be, so will i. but i can usually figure out how to aim on my own just fine. unless there is 60+ fbi agents... eff that crap.

Kahkenbols
  • Kahkenbols

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:20 PM Edited by Kahkenbols, 13 January 2014 - 08:26 PM.

Listen AutoAim players:

It's legit. They put it there for you to choose and it's fine if you do, but it's easy and less competitive. FreeAim players only want to inspire some players who like competition too make a switch. Calling them no life losers because they like competition is what causes the flame war. If you feel inferior, step your game up.

You forgot to say PLEASE. You also forgot to apologize for your rude language towards the auto aimers. You could also try to inspire Vooodu and Zwenkwiel to do so, too.

You forgot to go f*ck yourself troll.

You forgot to say PLEASE. That`s OK, not everybody had the luxury of an education. You still have time to go to school, I hope.

Now, I`ll draw you a map with indications as to where you are and what you are doing:

1. Free aimers need auto aimers for their lobbies and game modes, otherwise they will be forced to play with assisted aim - the irony. 

2. Therefore, free aimers will / should do their best to try and convince auto aimers to try free aiming.

There is a third, but that is just some piece of sh*t elitist trying to antagonize - I will rule it out, for the time being.

Now, my parents taught me one simple thing: If I want someone to do something for me, I should say PLEASE and show a minimum of respect. You aren`t doing neither... and so are your friends. 

Nah, I don't think the problem is education as much as upbringing. Anyway, I agree with your sentiments. It's pretty annoying when someone wants to coerce you into doing something their way through belittlement rather than explaining why it will be better.

I like free-aim because I find battles to be more tactical and force you to use the environment more to your advantage. Also, I find i use far more of the arsenal, like grenades for instance and the sniper rifle. I was very skeptical at first but some friends urged me to stick with it, and now I'm a lot better and having lots of fun with it so I urge others to try it out for a bit.

Yeah, there is definitely nothing "elite" about this game no matter how you slice it and I still play AA sometimes if crew members happen to be doing it. Hopefully some people make the switch eventually to free aim cuz the lobbies are empty as hell which is a big issue. Can't even get a decent race going.

• Phyxsius- likes this

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:38 PM

Ahhh..civility at last! :)

ClassicSyntax
  • ClassicSyntax

Trying to live the "American Dream"

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:20 PM

7xg.gif

This thread......

• djmatao likes this

PaulDPearl
  • PaulDPearl

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:24 PM

If I could change the target reticle color i'd use free aim a lot more. I'm color blind to a degree some I end up blind firing quite alot because I cant see the reticle in certain lights and backgrounds. Auto aim ends up as my only means of hitting something.

Its not hard lock though you can free aim with auto aim I win a lot of fights by hitting aim and then adjusting to the head where many people just aim and fire. So while youre depleting my armor I'm blowing your brains out with a single round.

Simple option to change the target reticle or add a laser sight to weapons would see me using free aim much more. That to me was the single best thing about resident evil 6.

An oh so simple option to adjust the target laser color. Red yellow green blue even pink. So simple but makes so much difference.

The stupid thing is that so many crappy games you can download on your smart phone have simple options for color blind players. Yet so few main stream console titles do. In so many cases its only a rrivial adjustment that needs to be made.

You can change it to "advanced" and it's much better.. but WHITE is a pretty colorblind neutral color... I'm colorblind too - BTW. I do agree the option to change the color would be helpful - I would add that the option to change the size would also be nice.. You're given the choice between a 4 pixel block of white (simple) and giant cross hair (advanced) - It appears the spent all of one second creating these reticles which is sad considering the 200 million spent on development and how brilliantly graphical the rest of the game is.

To me, the worst part of AA is the decision making process it uses.. It NEVER chooses to aim at the target my freely aimed reticle is near (e.g. the guy firing at me).

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:25 PM

so challenging some1 to solo survival on free aim without camping is just plain stupid.

Well the person said it was possible and I asked them to show me...Stay out of conversations you dont understand troll.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:32 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 13 January 2014 - 09:33 PM.

Well the person said it was possible and I asked them to show me...Stay out of conversations you dont understand troll.

As I said previously, for Processed, from within the now patched dumpster, you kinda had to free aim, even in auto aim lobbies, because they would eventually come very close to you in the latter stages, so you would need your MG or auto shottie to blind fire. That was equally true in Boneyard, in the garage, where you would HAVE to free aim through the grates, since it won`t auto aim through them. Both methods have been patched, though, and I haven`t played a Survival in a loooooong time. Both required heavy camping, though - exclusively camping, I should add, at least in my case.

I don`t think it is possible to clear 10 waves by running around, not even with auto-aim.

Kry5s
  • Kry5s

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:35 PM Edited by Kry5s, 14 January 2014 - 04:21 PM.

Aim assist because GTA is REALLY a driving game, for the most part.

If it were a proper shooter it would be in first person, not third.

That should be an option, btw. 1st or 3rd person perspective. Skyrim does it that way. The game would be way better with that option.

RealHoosier07
  • RealHoosier07

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:37 PM

LMAO!  What?  Free aim is EASY with the controller once you take the time to get used to it.  I'm not an elite gamer...I'm very casual, but to hear someone say that a thumb joystick isn't accurate enough....well that just tells me that you really struggle with gaming in general.  I'm by no means an elite gamer, but I have BECOME very good at aiming in free aim because I just stuck with it.  Auto aim is for kids....that's not a knock on you, it's just the truth.  Free Aim is much more fun and challenging...not because it's hard to aim, but rather because you can't just hit 2 buttons and kill.

A thumb stick IS NOT accurate enough. 

http://techreport.co...rm-gaming-plans

http://www.oxm.co.uk...e-of-imbalance/

I don't care what your links to articles says....I am a casual gamer and I'm not elite.  BUT....because I stuck with free aim...I became better at it.  I'm sorry, but to say a thumbstick isn't accurate enough says more about the gamer than anything else.  There is absoutely nothing wrong with aiming with a stick.  I've been playing games for 30+ years with a thumbstick, so when I hear someone like you say it's not accurate....well....that's just crazy and laughable.

T0X1C
  • T0X1C

Carry on My Wayward Son

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:45 PM

If you'd like to re-add one of The Damned members we'd be happy to show you ;)
  • TheIllaDopest likes this

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:47 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 13 January 2014 - 09:50 PM.

LMAO!  What?  Free aim is EASY with the controller once you take the time to get used to it.  I'm not an elite gamer...I'm very casual, but to hear someone say that a thumb joystick isn't accurate enough....well that just tells me that you really struggle with gaming in general.  I'm by no means an elite gamer, but I have BECOME very good at aiming in free aim because I just stuck with it.  Auto aim is for kids....that's not a knock on you, it's just the truth.  Free Aim is much more fun and challenging...not because it's hard to aim, but rather because you can't just hit 2 buttons and kill.

A thumb stick IS NOT accurate enough. 

http://techreport.co...rm-gaming-plans

http://www.oxm.co.uk...e-of-imbalance/

I don't care what your links to articles says....I am a casual gamer and I'm not elite.  BUT....because I stuck with free aim...I became better at it.  I'm sorry, but to say a thumbstick isn't accurate enough says more about the gamer than anything else.  There is absoutely nothing wrong with aiming with a stick.  I've been playing games for 30+ years with a thumbstick, so when I hear someone like you say it's not accurate....well....that's just crazy and laughable.

It`s funny that you are saying that. You see, those links go towards an experiment conducted by Microsoft, to see if cross-platform is possible. It turned out that the best controller users they could find got completely obliterated, or "owned" by mediocre mouse users. So, Microsoft decided to scrape the cross-platform project.

I never said someone can`t be good with a thumbstick, or that you cannot get results with it. But I AM saying that a thumbstick will never be as accurate as a mouse and keyboard. To some, a controller is just enough and I applaud them for their choice. To me, it isn`t and will never be. 

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:55 PM Edited by EyeMacHunt, 13 January 2014 - 09:55 PM.

We would be very happy to 'show' you.......

• T0X1C likes this

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:16 PM

I would rather get raped by a midget wearing a cactus glove while watching Twilight...send me the YT link.

Enchilada
  • Enchilada

Prankster

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:59 PM

I used to use aim assist when I was new. Now I use free-aim because I like to be challenged. after I master the skill, I hope that I can use free-aim in auto aim lobbies like in RDR. It's all a matter of feeling new joys of dominance. 

#UpgradeOrDie
  • #UpgradeOrDie

jailbroked

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:03 PM

Free aim is a lot more exciting than assisted aim.

Why take the fun out of gun battles when all you have to be is just near a person and just hold down the shooting button to see who is quicker?

• Kahkenbols likes this

Kahkenbols
  • Kahkenbols

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:18 PM

Why?  Why constantly go there...lol

Because, to me, controllers simply do not offer me the speed I have on PC. The speed that I have at acquiring the target, with precision. Auto-aim IS needed for me, to have any resemblance of what I am used to play.

Hm, I grew up playing FPS on PC as well so I feel the mouse is the way to go overall for aiming. But I think the accuracy is just relative to what control your used to. Technically, the mouse is more accurate because of the precision of movement compared to analog. But I think if your used to the stick you will actually be more accurate with it than a mouse. I understand the technical differences, but honestly I've seen some ridiculous accurate shooters using just thumbsticks since that's what they've been using from the start. I feel ya though. My preference is to aim with a mouse as well, cuz it feels natural to me.

Anway, the point is that everyone in free aim is using the sticks unless they have a xim edge or some other peripheral, so It's a level playing field. It's seems like a moot point to bring mouse control into the argument since no one is using a mouse in free aim mode in this game. We are all stuck with the sticks, and some people have a leg up since they are used to it, simple as that.

A J
  • A J

Damned Brotherhood [DAMN]

• Members
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:21 PM

I would rather get raped by a midget wearing a cactus glove while watching Twilight...send me the YT link.

Is that not what you do most weekends when you're not talking nonsense on here? 

Anyways to answer the question of the topic, so who here uses auto aim? The blind and the retarded. 

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:31 PM

I use Auto Wash.. does that count?

tumblr_mj44sltM4D1ql8t12o1_500.gif

• Phyxsius- likes this

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:48 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 13 January 2014 - 11:49 PM.

Is that not what you do most weekends when you're not talking nonsense on here? 

Anyways to answer the question of the topic, so who here uses auto aim? The blind and the retarded. 

Can you promise us, as the population gets smaller and your lobbies will look like ghost towns, that you will NEVER play with said blind and retarded? Or maybe you are right now, for races and whatnot, in which case you are just a hypocrite.

In other news, if you need some players to populate your free aim lobbies, all you need to do is say PLEASE. And apologize for your potty mouth, too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users