Dietary regime discussion thread.

24 replies to this topic
theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:00 PM

I am very interested to know how other forum members eat to maintain a healthy, athletic physique and keep their weight down.

Do you eat three meals a day? Two? More? Less?

Do you abstain from any particular kind of food for health reasons?

Do you mix in exercise with your diet for improved results?

Everyone is different and different routines yield different results for all people.

I have found that for me, abstaining from red meat as much as possible, eating lots of fish, eating two meals a day (Lunch and an early dinner), and daily exercise keeps me in very good shape. One of the most important things is to not eat late at night or snack in between meals.

Please feel free to post in this thread about your dietary routine (if you have one) and what you have found works best for you, or what is guaranteed to lead to gaining a couple of pounds. Mature comments only please.

EphemeralStar
  • EphemeralStar

おっぱい

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:40 PM

Only two meals? Do you at least have snacks and what not?
As for me, my biggest issue is my sweet tooth. I try not to eat so much sugar, I also cut out sugary drinks and only drink water, tea and sometimes milk. Portion size is another thing I need to fix. I have a big appetite and eat really fast and tend to make large meals for myself that really isn't needed so I need to start sizing down and actually chewing my food. Other then that, I eat relatively healthy with 3 meals a day and a couple snacks in between, usually fruit or vegetables. I eat a lot of sushi too, but mainly sashimi. None of those deep fried rolls! 

Tyler
  • Tyler

time is a flat circle

• Unknown

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:45 PM

Pescetarian diet. I eat around 3.5k calories a day. I abstain from red meat for health reasons and ecological hesitance. I'm fine with caught fish but by and large I'm a vegetarian who is liable to chow down on a mean bowl of shrimp gumbo if I'm presented such a thing. Running daily is also a good idea, and I follow through with that. I should probably do more strength training, admittedly.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

amplifier worship

• Mongolia

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:46 PM

You should be eating 4 or so smaller meals instead of 2 large meals - that'll help keep your metabolism more active during the day when you're not exercising.

I keep mostly to the paleo diet - meat (mostly poultry, lean game, and fish), and seasonal vegetables, beans and greens for fiber, mushrooms for meat replacement (for cost, when I buy meat it's not from conventional meat factories).

• Slave Boy and Tyler like this

Slave Boy
  • Slave Boy

Play Toy

• The Connection
  • Finland

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:06 PM Edited by Graven, 02 January 2014 - 07:10 PM.

6 small meals/day. I´ve even done 8 meals day diet, but back then I exercised 3 hours every week day.

I eat lots of vegetables and fruit. 6 apples and a big bowl of vegetables every day is nothing abnormal, add some tomatoes, water melon and pine apple to that. Anything healthy goes down.

For the bread, I eat mainly just dark cracker bread, it´s pure fibre. You know it does not stuck like that white uber-processed crap. Here in Finland dark rye bread rules.

Oat meals, not often but in some evening of the week. I don´t eat it in the morning because I have no patience to cook before work.

Then we get to the protein Baaaaaby!!

- 3-4 200/250g buckets of cottage cheese/day.

- 2  250g buckets of quark/day.

- Every time I see an egg rolling down the street, I´ll eat it. I might have few day periods without eggs though. I prefer naturals, non-cage hen eggs.

- How much is the Fish??? Almost every day. Gotta change the fish breeds often, it comes out of ears otherwise.

- Nuts, I just ate 200g bag of mixed nuts. Good fats and protein. and a lot of energy.

- High quality protein shakes after workouts.

- Protein bars for snacks.

-  edit: just noticed that the 7kg Christmas pork has vanished from freezer :lol:  Normally once a week red meat.

Exercising 6 days a week now. Running and weights, I also walk almost 10 km every day but that does not even count.

That´s my diet for now, in spring it will change to a bit tighter, and taking less calories in.

• Moonshield likes this

gn1992
  • gn1992

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:32 AM

I eat when I'm hungry

Vanilla ice cream with grapes ATM

Beer.. meat... yes I'm a bit overweight... but I'm with the same weight as 4 years ago

I should exercise a bit more to be honest

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Leben Heißt leben

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:52 AM

I usually eat once a day. But in that, I eat a lot, either an oodleton of frozen TV dinners or a whole frozen pizza.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:04 AM Edited by RoadRunner71, 03 January 2014 - 01:29 AM.

your-father-is-full-of-proteins.jpg

As long as it's possible, meat, fish, vegetables and others from local and ecological production or fair trade.

gn1992
  • gn1992

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:08 AM

Vegetarians vs Carnivores war incoming... 

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:22 AM Edited by RoadRunner71, 03 January 2014 - 01:23 AM.

Nvm haha

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:34 AM

I don't follow any diet, I just eat whatever I'm in the mood for as the day goes on. Some days I eat a lot, some days I don't.

• StingrayX likes this

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:16 AM

I've gotten better with eating since I quit smoking. Gained a well needed bunch of weight even.
I think I have a good diet of healthy foods and crap foods.

My wife is a serious vegetarian(of many years) and a damn fine cook, so that helps. Even though she has no issues with meat and even cooking it for me, I have no issues with eating strict vegetarian meals.

Even though I live in a city that has lots of quick and easy, not so healthy, food options that I enjoy regularly - I always like to boast about not having fast food in a good 35 years.

Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:58 AM

I eat maybe once every other du, it's not because I'm broke, can't afford food, I'm never hungry it's so f*cking bad I am on the verge of having to go back on TPN (Total Perental Nutrition) http://en.m.wikipedi...teral_nutrition

I would try and gorse myself to eat but if I do I just end up throwing up. I only weigh 125 pounds (soaking wet) I used to be able to eat anything I wanted and not gain an ounce. It really sucks because I can't really go out to eat with friends when the MC stops to eat I can't enjoy a good burger, steak it pizza with the everyone.

StingrayX
  • StingrayX

♢ Las Venturas ♢

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:01 AM

Vegetarians vs Carnivores war incoming...

Well vegetearions r kinda gay amirite

But in all seriousness, I just eat whatever I am in the mood for. I have no specific diet, albeit I do not eat really bad and I rarely drink anything other than tea or water. I eat three meals a day that are typical in size. My weight is slightly above average (well for Americans haha).
  • gn1992 likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:08 AM

If im going to eat 4 small meals instead of 2 normal ones a day, what time to I eat them?

Slave Boy
  • Slave Boy

Play Toy

• The Connection
  • Finland

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:11 AM

If im going to eat 4 small meals instead of 2 normal ones a day, what time to I eat them?

About every 4 hours. I eat once every 3 hours every day I got a change.

It´s good to eat small meals more often to keep blood sugar out of peaks. And having constantly energy is better. Don´t forget to drink water!

• Moonshield likes this

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:17 AM

I don't follow any diet, I just eat whatever I'm in the mood for as the day goes on. Some days I eat a lot, some days I don't.

Yeah it's something like this. :^:

It depends on my appetite for food though and if I happen to have somewhat increased I might take into consideration of eating a single meal for a day with bread and milk as backup for diet.

Human

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:18 PM

To be honest as far as my " diet " goes I am all over the place. I try to eat under 2000 cals a day and do it while eating better foods as well, but temptation often gets the best of me. I don't ever really eat the 3 recommended square meals a day. I usually just eat something when I wake up and in the evening for dinner/supper. I usually find it easier to eat one thing a day and say NO to everything else than it is to plan a proper healthy meal thrice daily. 

As far as quality goes it's nonexistent for a lack of better words. Usually I just run to the drive-thru or eat some random stuff that I have sitting around. It's a shame because there are some really good tasting healthy meals, but they are often expensive to make and time consuming. Considering, however, that I have much time anyway the only excuse that I have on the topic of time is that I am very impatient and it is faster to open or pick up something pre-made than it is to cook. I really need to teach myself some patients and self-discipline. 

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:21 PM

[..]

My wife is a serious vegetarian(of many years) and a damn fine cook, so that helps. Even though she has no issues with meat and even cooking it for me, I have no issues with eating strict vegetarian meals.

[...]

I ate once many years ago in a vegetarian restaurant and it was probably a worse experience than the chinese food...

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:42 PM

You guys should try prison food for a while and then you will learn to appreciate either from a good Steak to a Salad.

• gn1992 likes this

Real_Badgirl
  • Real_Badgirl

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:53 PM

I eat when I'm hungry.

On the average day, my eating scheduele is as follows: breakfast, lunch, dessert, mid day snack (sometimes) supper, dessert, night time snack (always).

I can't lie, the way I eat, I should be fat, but I'm not. I'm about 5'7'', 145 pounds, and since I have a really high metabolism, I get hungry quite often. My diet isn't the best, but it's not awful either. I don't eat fast food that often, and I try to stay away from anything containg transfats.

One thing I know for sure is that I could never, ever, ever, EVER be a vegitarian, because meat is one of my favorite things to eat.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:07 PM

I don't eat much but the frequency varies depending on how active I am. I agree with the posts about smaller meals spaced out being a good thing.

For a while now I've been on a low sodium diet. It takes some getting used to. At first everything tastes incredibly bland but, in time, your tastes adjust and you don't want as much salt. It's good for your heart.

And I'm desperately trying to think of something immature to say, since you asked us not to, but I'm coming up empty.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:11 PM

Eating 3 big meals a day, and altogether I'm having around 5 to 6 if you include snacks and tea. I'm trying to gain weight as well as train at the same time so I'm easily having around 4000 calories a day. Maybe even slightly more. I've gained 13 kg since last september, which isn't impressive since I was underweight at 53 kg at 6 ft. Now I'm 66kg.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:21 PM

Eating 3 big meals a day, and altogether I'm having around 5 to 6 if you include snacks and tea. I'm trying to gain weight as well as train at the same time so I'm easily having around 4000 calories a day. Maybe even slightly more. I've gained 13 kg since last september, which isn't impressive since I was underweight at 53 kg at 6 ft. Now I'm 66kg.

4000 calories? Isnt that quite a bit above normal (Im not sure?) I guess if you are weight training you need to have more energy in your body. I'm not sure how many calories I eat a day. I should measure it sometime.

Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:22 PM

I eat maybe once every other day, it's not because I'm broke, can't afford food, it's because I'm never hungry it's so f*cking bad I am on the verge of having to go back on TPN (Total Perental Nutrition) http://en.m.wikipedi...teral_nutrition

I would try and gorse myself to eat but if I do I just end up throwing up. I only weigh 125 pounds (soaking wet) I used to be able to eat anything I wanted and not gain an ounce. It really sucks because I can't really go out to eat with friends when the MC stops to eat I can't enjoy a good burger, steak it pizza with the everyone.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users