Photo

I wonder how small the Vice City map is to GTA V

159 replies to this topic
Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:20 PM Edited by Osho, 03 January 2014 - 04:33 PM.

^ perhaps you don't realise GTA V made billions by pouring into millions behind making it. In short, it's definitively huge in scale and ambitions.
Had Vice city released (debut) now it would have easily made more money than V.
That time was different and current scenario too.
As I always say please do not compare the classics because it's of no use.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:35 PM

^ perhaps you don't realise GTA V made billions by pouring into millions behind making it. In short, it's definitively huge in scale and ambitions.
Had Vice city released (debut) now it would have easily made more money than V.
That time was different and current scenario too.
As I always say please do not compare the classics because it's of no use.

True talk.I Love GTA.

Zodape
  • Zodape

CABINETS

• The Yardies
  • Argentina

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:38 PM Edited by Zodape, 03 January 2014 - 06:38 PM.

Murdering people at the disco with the chainsaw was one of my favourite past times.

• MiamiViceCity, fac316, SonofYankton and 1 other like this

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:41 PM Edited by Official General, 03 January 2014 - 06:41 PM.

Murdering people at the disco with the chainsaw was one of my favourite past times.

Lool you're crazy.

I used to love getting chased by gang members I provoked and get them to follow me into the Malibu nightclub. There would be crazy shootouts between me and them across the dancefloor, with everyone runnin' and screamin' hard. 

Man I miss sh*t like that in GTA !!

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:59 PM

^You can still do that with cops at the strip club in V.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:11 PM Edited by Official General, 03 January 2014 - 07:12 PM.

^You can still do that with cops at the strip club in V.

I did it with Franklin with the club security, it was kinda cool. But the thing is, I don't always like having shootouts with cops, because it's not realistic for gangsters to always have shootouts with cops. I just find shootouts between rival gangs much more exciting., knowing it's two groups of criminal fighting to the death to wipe each other out, while the cops are just shooting at you to be the good guys and maintain peace.

The gunfights I saw between the Northwood Dominicans and the Jamaican Posse gang members in Beechwood City, Broker in TBOGT were just insane. 

• fac316 and SonofYankton like this

Loxley
  • Loxley

This member is no longer active.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:22 PM

Map size is irrelevant compared to other strong points of the game.
Not at all comparing here as others will jump in and readily point out VC v/s V. Such is the human nature.
Anyways, the most attractive things of VC are:
1. Stylish Tommy Vercetti and interesting secondary characters
2. Story. If there is one GTA that shows a true and unique Gangster story then hands down it's got to be this game.
3. Vice City had lots of activities which were perfectly done in number and quality despite the small size of the map.
4. Lastly, what makes Vice City the best GTA was the soundtrack. The radio stations were a big hit.
In short, Vice City had lots of things to do and the experience was a refined and the mood top notch.
Now, coming to your question Vice City has a beautiful map and the comparisons hold no substance against timeless classic.

Vice City was a piece of crap smothered with 80's nostalgia.

The characters were uninteresting cartoon characters. The map was small and very repetitive and lacked good design. The story was a boring, stereotypical mob story that was horribly written. The PS2 disc couldn't take one scratch without freezing every few miles. It's styling is an ugly 80's mess.

Please somebody who didn't play VC, soely for the 80's nostalgia, PLEASE tell me how this game fairs against any other GTA.

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:45 PM

Not at all comparing here as others will jump in and readily point out VC v/s V. Such is the human nature.
2. Story. If there is one GTA that shows a true and unique Gangster story then hands down it's got to be this game.
3. Vice City had lots of activities which were perfectly done in number and quality despite the small size of the map.
4. Lastly, what makes Vice City the best GTA was the soundtrack. The radio stations were a big hit.
In short, Vice City had lots of things to do and the experience was a refined and the mood top notch.
Now, coming to your question Vice City has a beautiful map and the comparisons hold no substance against timeless classic.

The characters were uninteresting cartoon characters. The map was small and very repetitive and lacked good design. The story was a boring, stereotypical mob story that was horribly written. The PS2 disc couldn't take one scratch without freezing every few miles. It's styling is an ugly 80's mess.

Please somebody who didn't play VC, soely for the 80's nostalgia, PLEASE tell me how this game fairs against any other GTA.

Wow, can you REALLY not respect that some people may like different GTAs? What a joke this fanbase is.

• Osho, Bonnano and icemagi like this

Tracy De Santa
  • Tracy De Santa

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:56 PM

GTA V's map still is incredible small

Empty World
  • Empty World

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Mars

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:03 PM

GTA V's map still is incredible small

Tracy go to bed.

Bonnano
  • Bonnano

i hate the mexican that screams "f*ck me in the ass"

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:29 PM

Wow, I have never seen such a smug c*nt before in my life.

Chaingang Soldier
  • Chaingang Soldier

Dr. of Thuganomics

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:35 PM Edited by Chaingang Soldier, 03 January 2014 - 08:35 PM.

Map size doesn't make a game,

remember Just Cause 2?

It's massive - and very lame.

GTA V's map is big and diverse,

gameplay is great,

but Trevor is perverse! ;)

drr26
  • drr26

But I'm a f*cking raspberry!

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:45 PM

or smoke grenedes.. or the katana   or anything

those poor f*ckers never stopped dancing lol

• fac316 likes this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:02 PM

I dont think GTA would bring back the Gores from the 3D Era especially when the series is in a generation where the Graphics are almost photorealism.GTA is the Only Franchise on earth the media picks on alongside Mortal Kombat so imagine a Hd Era GTA game with Gore and Chainsaw.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:03 PM

I don't understand why Vice City is even consider a game. It's a DLC if it was made in today's time. 

Rush City that's all flat and a huge useless beach. ( People only like it cause of the 80's theme )

Story is a rip off of Scarface ( Yes I said its a rip off. )

Still can't swim

Same movement as III 

Graphics are about the same but this time has more colors

Same gun controls

Still its a great DLC even for the price of a full game. 

Graven
  • Graven

Boss

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2014
    Most Talented GFX Artist 2014
    Most Talented GFX Artist 2013

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:04 PM

S6bPjTB.png

• MiamiViceCity, Matty, Masny and 7 others like this

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012
    Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:56 PM

I don't understand why Vice City is even consider a game. It's a DLC if it was made in today's time. 

Rush City that's all flat and a huge useless beach. ( People only like it cause of the 80's theme )
Still can't swim
Same movement as III 
Same gun controls

Yeah, but it's not made in today's time and to me it's still the best GTA III era GTA. It brought bikes back to the series, added planes, assets (which I consider to be better done than both SA and GTA V), added new melee weapons such as knives, machetes, screw drivers, hammers, chainsaws etc, far more interiors than GTA III and so on.

For a game than was completed in just a year it was an extraordinary effort. It's the only GTA I still play regularly from the GTA III era as IMO the only GTA better than it (and only just) is GTA IV.

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:16 AM Edited by Osho, 04 January 2014 - 02:14 PM.

All Im saying is GTA V has everything at your fingertips (improved). Youre *irrespective of whether you loved GTA V or not* playing as a three protag, big map, fun, and highly impressive looking characters, design and many other interesting elements.
But, actually youre playing the same GTA whose roots are in the game you dont even want to play today. By saying Vice city was a piece of crap or at least one in the series have a little meaning to what actually this piece of crap did in such a short span of time with given technology and knowledge, thus making a game of it's own worth and consideration.
Vice City tried it's best to be as different, new and fun.

Your views give an impression that you didnt care about the basic facts behind the making, development, time and other limitations faced by Vice City. Importantly, it was a game by the same team, The Rockstar games.

It surely lacks on a lot of grounds but bigger things are not necessarily better while an attempt to bring a small offering in such a short span of time introducing few additions to the concept than the successful GTA III in fleshing out every aspect in a new setting, mood and variety of game play.

I think Vice City set out a good preview of what to expect from the next GTA. For me it was the beginning of beautiful sandbox fun which of course was successfully continued by SA, GTA 4 and now by 5.

IveGotNoValues
  • IveGotNoValues

Half Mexican/half white...I'm a vanilla bean!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:25 AM

Quality, not quantity ;)

Luckily V's map has both quality and quantity

• poppacap10, saksoka, CantThinkOfOne2013 and 2 others like this

Lowi
  • Lowi

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:40 PM

S6bPjTB.png

wut

lol232
  • lol232

Got room for one more?

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:42 PM

Well its quite small now. But it was the biggest and the best city in 3d era. :^:

120948031-4.jpg

San Andreas was the biggest of the 3D era GTA's!

Vice City was the biggest 3D Era City though, bigger than LS, SF and LV.

dyz
  • dyz

GTA For Life!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:47 PM

Well its quite small now. But it was the biggest and the best city in 3d era. :^:

120948031-4.jpg

Only because there is water in between the island in vice city.        

GTA_dog
  • GTA_dog

dank memes melt steel beams

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:59 AM

The topic is discussing the map size, therefore 1, 2, basically 3, and 4 are irrelevant.

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:33 AM

The topic is discussing the map size, therefore 1, 2, basically 3, and 4 are irrelevant.
The topic has been answered as well in the last para of my reply quoted in your post!
Any doubts, please let me know?

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:39 AM

If Vice City was a Scarface Movie Rip-off,then the game is a Rip-off of Vice City.Vice City(2002),Scarface the World is yours (2006).end of

fac316
  • fac316

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:40 AM

I dont think GTA would bring back the Gores from the 3D Era especially when the series is in a generation where the Graphics are almost photorealism.GTA is the Only Franchise on earth the media picks on alongside Mortal Kombat so imagine a Hd Era GTA game with Gore and Chainsaw.

yet COD and most other shooting games don't? I wonder y...... You see how American Football is becoming :)

Empty World
  • Empty World

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Mars

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:02 AM

120948031-4.jpg

Only because there is water in between the island in vice city.        

... and that massive beach, but it was still my favourite city from GTA Series. Hopefully R* will make a HD remake for GTA VI.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:27 PM Edited by redx165, 05 January 2014 - 09:30 PM.

120948031-4.jpg

Too many good memories in that sandbox for me to judge it based on size. 

Still can't swim

Same movement as III 

Same gun controls

I wouldn't mind seeing you being skinned alive. 

Are you mad? Vice City feels like either a DLC or a poor rush game. Only reason why people love it is cause of its theme. If it was a modern theme people would hate that map. Also cause they stole a lot from scarface. 

@Blood are you really that desperate? Scarface the game isn't anywhere close to a vice city rip off. The game is base on the movie which came out in the 80's. Vice City has a lot of things similar to the movie. Scarface the game has to have similar things to the movie. 

mastershake616
  • mastershake616

The Wolf of BAWSAQ

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:46 PM

120948031-4.jpg

Too many good memories in that sandbox for me to judge it based on size. 

Still can't swim

Same movement as III 

Same gun controls

I wouldn't mind seeing you being skinned alive. 

Are you mad? Vice City feels like either a DLC or a poor rush game. Only reason why people love it is cause of its theme. If it was a modern theme people would hate that map. Also cause they stole a lot from scarface. 

Credibility lost. Conversation over. You're very dumb, kid. 

iTz i Makez HD
  • iTz i Makez HD

Homie

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:54 PM

I wanna see a HD Vice City for GTA VI... a couple of years yet :p

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users