Photo

[Q]Adding weapon sounds to the game

12 replies to this topic
Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

._.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:16 PM Edited by Jeansowaty, 24 January 2014 - 06:39 PM.

Turns out I can't add sounds because GTA-IVaud is not suited for adding sounds... same as OpenIV... how the hell can I add new weapon sounds? NOT REPLACE OF COURSE

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

._.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:39 PM

Bump.

haendel21
  • haendel21

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:52 AM

There is a tool called IV Audio Toolbox that you can use to replace different sounds in the game. It currently supports both compressed and uncompressed audio files. There is a topic on this site where you can find more infos about it, here is the link: http://gtaforums.com...-audio-toolbox/

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

._.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:28 PM

Don't you read what I have written? I don't want to replace. I want to ADD the sounds as new files. But meh thanks.

julionib
  • julionib

Coder

• Feroci Racing
  • Brazil

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:13 AM

i believe that is possible make this happen using a script that detects when the shoot animation reachs the shoot point then play a external .wav file, the hard part is that this will require that you play each anim in slow motion to see what time is needed in the check.

in theory this can work, but the result with modified timeScale or in video editor will not be the same

InfamousSabre
  • InfamousSabre

Harpocrates

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:43 AM

i believe that is possible make this happen using a script that detects when the shoot animation reachs the shoot point then play a external .wav file, the hard part is that this will require that you play each anim in slow motion to see what time is needed in the check.

in theory this can work, but the result with modified timeScale or in video editor will not be the same

Player.Character.isShooting does the job for detecting when to play a firing sound very well, but an external .wav would only work for the player shooting the gun, as you cannot, to my knowledge, play an external .wav in GTA's 3d audio space.

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

._.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:13 PM

I just wanted to include the sounds to the WEAPON.ivaud file. As it seems weird to have the normal shotgun firing sound for the Explosive Shotgun from TBOGT O_o

InfamousSabre
  • InfamousSabre

Harpocrates

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:48 PM

even if you included them, how would you use them?

julionib
  • julionib

Coder

• Feroci Racing
  • Brazil

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:17 PM

Player.Character.isShooting does the job for detecting when to play a firing sound very well, but an external .wav would only work for the player shooting the gun, as you cannot, to my knowledge, play an external .wav in GTA's 3d audio space.

oh yes, forgot about this method ^^

the audio for other peds would be hard to complish too, we could fake a distant shot reducing volume but dont will have a stereo/3d effect :(

InfamousSabre
  • InfamousSabre

Harpocrates

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:08 PM

oh yes, forgot about this method ^^

the audio for other peds would be hard to complish too, we could fake a distant shot reducing volume but dont will have a stereo/3d effect :(

Should be fairly simple to write a piece of code that will pan the audio and adjust its volume according to the Vector3 it is supposed to be played from. What I'd really be worried about are the environmental audio effects like the echoes that can be observed in subways, the sound muffling that happens when a very close explosion occurs, etc.

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

._.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:11 PM

Easy, Simple Native Trainer will detect the files for the weapon :D

InfamousSabre
  • InfamousSabre

Harpocrates

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:40 PM Edited by InfamousSabre, 29 January 2014 - 08:41 PM.

Easy, Simple Native Trainer will detect the files for the weapon :D

I'm pretty sure Simple Native trainer does not access WEAPONS.ivaud directly. it only passes the audio-event/sound names (not file names) to the game engine using natives (as its name 'Simple Native Trainer' would imply).

The engine does not know to load these new files, and even if they were loaded the engine has no idea what they are, therefore the files themselves are not associated with an audio-event/sound name, and therefore you have no way to access them.

However, the first step to making the sound system work the way we want would be to get those files added in. So keep trying! we will get it some day. :)
See if audio toolbox lets you add. I haven't tried it yet.

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

._.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:11 PM

Okay. Btw, SNT allows you to use some other weapon sounds, like I used the slowed down MP5 for the Minigun. I dunno, but maybe it would allow to add 'em. Game.DAT16 and that other file with .DAT15 might have something to do with loading the audio files.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users