Quantcast

» «
Photo

How do you dive onto the street? Also, garage doors?

7 replies to this topic
xenorama
  • xenorama

Go Commando!

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:00 AM Edited by xenorama, 02 January 2014 - 08:00 AM.

I was hiding behind a car and did the health cheat code, somehow during the button presses I made the character dive to the street where he was laying flat for a second. He didn't fall, he dove... Anyone know exactly how to do that?

The other question is about random garage doors around the state you've seen that will open for your characters. I know there is a house in the Vinewood hills that will open when you get close for some reason, the garage door at the hotel in Vinewood will open (it's right by the first Paparazzi mission), and just now I noticed that the two garage doors near the impound garage (at the end of the parking lot) will open for you.

So strange! I know these aren't places where you can store cars but I'm wondering if anyone has guesses as to what these might have been designed for? I'm guessing the ones at the police station might have been the original impound lot doors but they got moved (as they are two separate doors), and the ones at the house might have been another safehouse that got abandoned during the design stage (as it's a two car garage with one wide door). No clue about the hotel.

They are kind of cool as they are, though, as they're small optional interiors and at least the hotel garage can be used to hide from cops.

Other than those guesses, no clue why they're out there. I know I had seen another house somewhere with a garage that will respond to the player, but I don't remember.

Anyone seen more of these they can report on?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:16 AM

Dove, as in "falling"?

I usually hit the jump button and hit the cancel button ("B" on the xbox) as I'm in the air, causing me to fall.

Matty
  • Matty

Wiseguy

• Australia

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:16 AM

Yeah, I too have noticed that garage doors of a number of houses, in the Vinewood Hills in particular, will open for the player if you move in front of them. Though I'm not sure if they were intended to be safehouses - my guess that they are just one of those touches to makes the game world seem more alive and responsive to the player.

Pressing Square followed by Circle will cause the character to jump and faceplant (dive) into the ground. That's probably what you did when you entered the cheat. :p

oCrapaCreeper
  • oCrapaCreeper

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:01 AM

Yeah, I too have noticed that garage doors of a number of houses, in the Vinewood Hills in particular, will open for the player if you move in front of them. Though I'm not sure if they were intended to be safehouses - my guess that they are just one of those touches to makes the game world seem more alive and responsive to the player.

Pressing Square followed by Circle will cause the character to jump and faceplant (dive) into the ground. That's probably what you did when you entered the cheat. :p

I believe those garages were intended as easy areas to hide from cops.

• Matty likes this

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:41 AM Edited by Militia, 02 January 2014 - 11:44 AM.

Yeah, this is known when you hit two buttons at the same time, you just dive and fall and "hurt" yourself lessening the health a bit.  Seen it on GTA V Mythbuster vids on Youtube, look it up lol

Can't remember the two exact buttons, plus the guy was showing it on Xbox, and I don't use that, only PS3.

And yeah, there is four garages at the impound that open, two you're talking about, and two others right aside the actual garage with your vehicles inside.  Prob what you said why they are there OR like the guy above said, for hiding places to wait out the wanted level.

xenorama
  • xenorama

Go Commando!

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:34 PM

Thanks guys. The diving in particular made me excited that MAYBE you could get flat on the ground and bring up the Snapmatic fast enough to take photos while laying down... I know it's probably a pipe dream but there are a lot of pics I wanted to take from down low.

Bonnano
  • Bonnano

i hate the mexican that screams "f*ck me in the ass"

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:37 PM

The automatic opening garage doors where also in GTA IV by the Alderney suburbs, really strange. But amusing nonetheless.

2MuchSWAG4You
  • 2MuchSWAG4You

The Ultimate Troll

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:15 AM Edited by 2MuchSWAG4You, 03 January 2014 - 01:17 AM.

Dove, as in "falling"?

I usually hit the jump button and hit the cancel button ("B" on the xbox) as I'm in the air, causing me to fall.

I learned this from my 4 year old cousin who doesn't have GTA and rarely comes to my house to play with me on my PS3. He does that everytime.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users