» «
Photo

Spoilers! Possible SP DLC and upcoming multiplayer features

124 replies to this topic
Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:57 AM Edited by Niko Vercetti 112, 02 January 2014 - 08:06 AM.

I've heard a fair bit about the sharmoota job and the Harrier for Solomon (why the f*ck would he need one anyway???), so I'm going to take this is being legit for now.

In the event that this is true it leads me to one important question, why the hell do we get to play as cops online but not single player? I want an LCPDFR type story DLC.

Osho
  • Osho

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:59 AM

why the hell do we get to play as cops online but not single player? I want an LCPDFR type story DLC.

I think because as a part of content creator it fits well to allow players certain customization to how they want to play and as whom.

single player is a separate normal free roam game unless we have a single player content creator, of course.

TheTechPoTaToCHIP
  • TheTechPoTaToCHIP

Peon

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:00 AM Edited by TheTechPoTaToCHIP, 02 January 2014 - 08:02 AM.

People, the reason they wrote Facebook instead of Life Invader is most likely because Facebook is simply a placeholder. Or that they didn't come up with the Life Invader name yet when these missions were cut.

As for the possibility for these being future DLC.... Well if missions in a GTA game are cut, they stay cut and they were cut for a reason. These missions seem to be sometime mid-game like the "Sharmoota" heist seems to be when Trevor kidnaped Marin Madrazo's wife. This is Rockstar. Unlike other developers. Cut content doesn't instantly mean future DLC.
  • OriginPrime likes this

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:09 AM

I can understand why they would list Facebook in there. They're simply developer notes, they do stuff like that all the time. Another example is weapons in the files being listed as M4, Desert Eagle, AK-47 etc. - but referred to simply as Carbine Rifle, Combat Pistol, or Assault Rifle in the game. This isn't surprising.

As for the missions, these are most definitely removed missions - not DLC. The heist about breaking into the house has been talked about before, I think by Ash when he found those blips for removed content. To be more specific, the heist involved Madrazo's house - taking his art sh*t and horse.

Being listed as VOID, I doubt this is concept or preperation for the DLC we will get. These are most likely removed missions that never saw the light of day.

• Cakelover21 likes this

Cylan
  • Cylan

High-Functioning Sociopath

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:25 AM

That heist sounds awesome.

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:59 AM

i'm now more convinced that's it cut content we may never get to play.

The sharpoova heist, it wouldn't make sense in stealing priceless art or madrazos horse as he's already made amends with both mikey and trevor after the whole we kidnapped your wife than returned her along with a golden statue we stole from merryweather after trevor bit off your ear but what's to keep us from being friends amigo fiasco.
  • tom_p1980 and SmoothGetaway like this

oCrapaCreeper
  • oCrapaCreeper

Thug

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:02 AM Edited by oCrapaCreeper, 02 January 2014 - 09:08 AM.

I've always enjoyed reading notes that the developers leave in the game files, especially for GTA games.

And prepare for the "OMG CUT CONTENT FOR DLC, f*ck YOU ROCKSTAR" comments. People aren't really going to understand that you can't figure much from developer notes. These notes could have been written over 3 years ago, we don't know.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:03 AM Edited by Xerukal, 02 January 2014 - 09:03 AM.

Would this be possible to mod in on PC, eventually? Or is it just the references that are left there?  

Forgive me, I don't know how the mission structuring works in the files. From what I am to understand, the XML you opened just contained a list of all the missions with their descriptions and such, correct? 

CJ killed Ryder
  • CJ killed Ryder

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:21 PM

Facebook? Lifeinvader bitch!!! :)

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Happy 1st Birthday GTA V

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:24 PM

That plain fake,simple as that

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:45 PM

Why is everyone so quick to call this out as fake? It's cut content simple, most of this has been mentioned multiple times before.

Distrom
  • Distrom

Massimo Pantaleo

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:03 PM Edited by Distrom, 02 January 2014 - 02:03 PM.

Go to the first page.

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:24 PM

Someone who's wasting their time creating fake leaked content is not smart enough to first research how R*N's scripting system works:

Single Player mission creator
this is launched by SPMC Preloader
<scriptname>spmc_instancer.sc</scriptname>

.sc is the script extension they use. As well as other connected hints, these files are definitely R*-authored.

hhamzah99
  • hhamzah99

Call me.. Heisenberg.

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:36 PM Edited by hhamzah99, 02 January 2014 - 02:37 PM.

VOID Solomon 4 - Harrier
Plant bombs in the underground tunnel. Stop a convoy and detonate explosives so Harrier jet falls through hole in ground then steel it.

STEEL? Steal, damn these rockstar devs really suck at engrish

Oh and if its cut content why does rockstar play with our feels.

• 2281 and PsychoGamer like this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:39 PM

Oh and if its cut content why does rockstar play with our feels.

Pretty sure they didn't access their own files and publish the content of them on here... so, they've not played with your feels.

OP, on the other hand, is totally mocking you by publishing this stuff on here.

--

OT: I'm liking what I see here, hope this is real. 

• SwingingSpidey likes this

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:03 PM Edited by Lazyboy., 02 January 2014 - 03:03 PM.

CnC would be good to have back. It was awesome in IV.

One thing that I don't like about Online is lack of objective based modes. I'd take a game of TMW or CNC over a TDM any day.

Distrom
  • Distrom

Massimo Pantaleo

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:06 PM

CnC would be good to have back. It was awesome in IV.

One thing that I don't like about Online is lack of objective based modes. I'd take a game of TMW
or CNC over a TDM any day.

Agree, CnC was the best competitive mode in GTA IV.

Sasqui
  • Sasqui

Gangsta sh*t

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:23 PM

As stated before, it's probably cut content, or at least most of it is.

sly1286
  • sly1286

Hustler

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:34 PM

If this is True And if its Really just Cut Content than .... Wtf they Cut the Whole Game Lol . Like they go And Cut all the Fun .. Its a joke how Boring Singleplayer is After missions

sakurablossom
  • sakurablossom

Professional Badass

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:09 PM

I really don't understand why R* would cut out missions period, before it came out I was expecting at most a year's worth of gameplay and all I got was 43 hours of gameplay. The only thing about this game I don't like is how rushed the story was and that wouldn't even be the case if the story wasn't so damn short. Bring back the cut out missions then add more and make sure you put in some backstory and fill in plot holes while you're at it, that is what I'm expecting R* to do to make it up to us for the short ass story

• tom_p1980 likes this

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:15 PM

before it came out I was expecting at most a year's worth of gameplay and all I got was 43 hours of gameplay

There we go, that's the problem with people on this forum. Hyping themselves up and setting up ridiculous expectations, only to later blame Rockstar for something they never said.

• AndrewDeSanta and Cakelover21 like this

sakurablossom
  • sakurablossom

Professional Badass

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:42 PM

@cp1dell

Sorry, before the game came out my friend was saying how GTA IV took them a year to complete and they expected the same amount for GTA V (I never played through IV so I don't know if they were exaggerating that). This was pretty much the first GTA I've ever seriously played so I believed everything my friends were telling me about it. I've never blamed Rockstar for my ridiculous expectations but I did for it just being short in general and having a story with such open plot points. I think this is actually one of the shortest action adventure games I've ever played so I wanted it to at least be as long as those other games. So calm yourself please.

Anyway, I've thought about it for a while and maybe they left the plot points open intentionally, maybe the DLC will look into these aspects because they're mostly on Franklin's part so maybe the DLC will have more focus on Franklin rather than Michael.

Josh410
  • Josh410

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:45 PM

Sounds like a couple of missions were cut, some are DLC. The police missions are hard to figure out because there was leaks and rumors before the game that you can arrest people. Wether it was an early cut or DLC they sound pretty intresting

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:39 PM

That's always the problem with Rockstar. They cut some of the most potentially best and fun features out and reduce the replayability in each GTA.

• tom_p1980 likes this

Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

Bitcher and Moaner

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:46 PM

This is probably cut content.  

Data miners have known about the Madrazo heist since the first week.  It was one of the first pieces of cut content revealed.  It became everything else that dealt with Madrazo.

Now that being said, I wouldn't mind "What if?" style DLC that let us play the heist anyways.  The thought of Trevor and Michael having to pose as a gay couple to get intel would be hilarious.

• SmoothGetaway likes this

gracz209
  • gracz209

Kurwa

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:50 PM Edited by Raavi, 02 January 2014 - 09:27 PM.

Guys. He isn't trolling.

http://openiv.com/pu.../common_rpf.zip

Hahhaha yeah just like u? Please dude just Stfu

Lets not harp on what is past, shall we?

sakurablossom
  • sakurablossom

Professional Badass

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:04 PM Edited by sakurablossom, 02 January 2014 - 09:12 PM.

@TaviColen123

People actually play this thing in one session? It took me a couple of sessions.

Actually quite a few sessions. I didn't get to play it as often as others so I finished it later than most of you and I tried to take as much time as I could. From what I've heard, it took most people 3 days to complete it, took me I'd say roughly a week. I don't know about you, but I don't binge play.

• tom_p1980 and SmoothGetaway like this

lol232
  • lol232

The Hardwood Butcher

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:28 PM Edited by lol232, 02 January 2014 - 11:39 PM.

You steal a red stinger in the "Facebook mission" right?

Now that makes perfect f*cking sense, there's a red stinger in "Pack Man" whose origin is unknown!

EDIT:
Here's another one:

Spoiler

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Happy 1st Birthday GTA V

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:04 AM

Everyone read this article: http://m.edge-online...r-game-of-2013/

RandomStunt
  • RandomStunt

Don't hate the little man cuz he's packing a six shooter

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:17 AM Edited by StuntmanDYOM, 03 January 2014 - 01:22 AM.

Fake, Fake, Fake and Fake. having the guy involved who trolled us with the North Yankton stuff, this is even more Fake. 

How about the Country Bank Heist? It's just the f*cking Paleto Heist. just f*cking look at it. 3 people(Michael, Trevor and Chosen Hitman) with armor and one without armor(Franklin)

Oh, and Cop Scanning?

License Plate scanning stuff like in the Z-Type Devin Weston sh*t?

i don't trust this sh*t one bit(ch).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users