Gangsta

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:22 AM

Testing that idea now!

Infinite2324
  • Infinite2324

Whatever

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:33 AM Edited by Infinite2324, 05 January 2014 - 06:35 AM.

It's not time to get rid of tanks. It's time for you to play in invite only or buy a grenade launcher.

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Girlwitbigtits

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:34 AM

It's time to get rid of topics about getting rid of tanks. Bunch of Pussies.

• EyeMacHunt likes this

Mockage
  • Mockage

Before the celebration

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:39 AM

How about charge the player 10,000 every time they want to use the tank?

That won't work, especially since so many people have billions thanks to the modders holiday gifting period. Spitting 10k out to use a tank is like throwing a half filled pack of mint chewing gum away.

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:41 AM Edited by SFBryan18, 05 January 2014 - 06:42 AM.

It's not time to get rid of tanks. It's time for you to play in invite only or buy a grenade launcher.

Oh look, another badass who believes games are perfect the day they are released and is afraid of change, or just enjoys trolling.

Infinite2324
  • Infinite2324

Whatever

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:48 AM

Oh look, another badass who believes games are perfect the day they are released and is afraid of change, or just enjoys trolling.

When did I say that? I never said the game was perfect. Clearly it's not but b*tching about tanks is getting old. You sure know a lot about me.

Cincy32
  • Cincy32

RIP FRED PHELPS

• Members
  • Afghanistan

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:53 AM

I actually agree with Infinite. If the people on here who whine about tanks spent a fraction of that time developing coherent strategies to deal with them then this would be a total non-issue. If tanks ruin your gameplay experience then you're simply a terrible player.

RealHoosier07
  • RealHoosier07

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:55 AM

I dont. I find them fun to toy with. Just need to play smarter with them.

No...they are stupid and ruining the game.  This game doesn't even feel like GTA anymore.  It feels more like World at War.  Rockstar please take Tanks out of this game...every single f'ing session is nothing but tanks griefing everyone.  I could buy one, but I'm completely against the stupid things.  It makes no sense to have a tank in a game about crime lords.  This isn't a military game, so take out tanks and attack choppers and just give us more sh*t to do and more cars and weapons.  

• OOM 313 likes this

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:55 AM

They only real check on the tank is the level and cash restriction, which is TOTALLY pointless with all the exploiting.

How about some reward systems for the big toys? Tanks, RPGs, miniguns, jets, unlocked after X amount of races, kills, deathmatch wins, stunt jumps, I don't know.

Something to restrict it from these damn leeches.

RealHoosier07
  • RealHoosier07

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:58 AM

I actually agree with Infinite. If the people on here who whine about tanks spent a fraction of that time developing coherent strategies to deal with them then this would be a total non-issue. If tanks ruin your gameplay experience then you're simply a terrible player.

That's the dumbest sh*t I've heard in a long time.  I can deal with tanks just fine...I just blew up 2 of them easily with grenades from up above.  I know the easy strategies for dealing with tanks.  That's not the point.  The point is that this is GTA, not Call of Duty or Battlefield.   They need to give us more stuff to do and take out the military sh*t...If I wanted military sh*t, I'd play Battlefield.

Cincy32
  • Cincy32

RIP FRED PHELPS

• Members
  • Afghanistan

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:00 AM

That's the dumbest sh*t I've heard in a long time.  I can deal with tanks just fine...I just blew up 2 of them easily with grenades from up above.  I know the easy strategies for dealing with tanks.  That's not the point.  The point is that this is GTA, not Call of Duty or Battlefield.   They need to give us more stuff to do and take out the military sh*t...If I wanted military sh*t, I'd play Battlefield.

Tanks have been in nearly all of the GTA games, in fact, the only one that comes to mind that hasn't had the tank is GTA IV. How is including a tank then making the game un-GTA like? You're making asinine remarks.

RealHoosier07
  • RealHoosier07

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:02 AM

the people sticking up for keeping tanks are just the players that suck without it...that's why they are so afraid of losing it.  I know players like you guys....all I see is douche-bags in tanks and choppers anymore.  It makes killing easy as cake, no skill required.  Today, I got spawn killed over and over by 3 or 4 guys in tanks.  I didn't even have time to change weapons most times.  It's gotten ridiculous.  This is GTA...get out of your tanks and choppers and fight somebody with some skill.  This is GTA...it's time for the game to start feeling like it.

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:03 AM

I remember tank shells still ragdolling me in passive. That fixed?

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:03 AM Edited by SFBryan18, 05 January 2014 - 07:06 AM.

Though this is the wrong place for complaints, without them we would not see change. Why would they have to change anything if we were all happy? You don't have to click on every complaint thread if you don't like them.

Again, I know this is not the right site for these complaints, but you're not going to stop people from complaining, so comments like "stop bitching" are futile and can only be assumed as trolling.

Infinite2324
  • Infinite2324

Whatever

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:06 AM

Thanks man, I understand why people are mad about it but this is gta and anything goes. There are plenty of ways to take a tank down. Sniping them is actually fun. I guess the complainers want to get rid of tanks and paint each other's toenails.

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:08 AM Edited by SFBryan18, 05 January 2014 - 07:09 AM.

The most reasonable solution would not be to remove them, but to nerf the sh*t out of them. That way the tank drivers can't just sit there painting their toenails.

• RAS_ZeroZ likes this

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:09 AM

Waaaaah tanks waaaaah I don't like em' waaaaah I don't know how to play this game waaaaaaaaah so everyone else should suffer because of me waaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh.

• Cincy32 likes this

Cincy32
  • Cincy32

RIP FRED PHELPS

• Members
  • Afghanistan

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:10 AM Edited by Cincy32, 05 January 2014 - 07:11 AM.

The people who complain about tanks complain just to complain. I promise that if Rockstar got rid of tanks then the same people complaining about them would then find something else to whine about. They play the game poorly and instead of doing something productive about the situation they would rather like to get on some forum and try to talk trash to everyone else and make excuses as to why they're horrible.

Infinite2324
  • Infinite2324

Whatever

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:13 AM

Though this is the wrong place for complaints, without them we would not see change. Why would they have to change anything if we were all happy? You don't have to click on every complaint thread if you don't like them.

Again, I know this is not the right site for these complaints, but you're not going to stop people from complaining, so comments like "stop bitching" are futile and can only be assumed as trolling.

I wasn't trolling and I agree that without complaining there wouldn't be change, but getting rid of tanks is not a thrilling idea. That's my opinion. Maybe changes to limit tanks in a session or something. Tanks have already been nerfed IMO.

The most reasonable solution would not be to remove them, but to nerf the sh*t out of them. That way the tank drivers can't just sit there painting their toenails.

Lmao

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:14 AM

They will not remove anything they spent time on, but nerfs happen all the time.

And for the little kid who says complaints mean you don't know how to play... We know how to play, probably better than you. We just think the current rules are f*cking stupid.

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:17 AM

Nobody else wants to just steal it in Zancudo?

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:20 AM Edited by RAS_ZeroZ, 05 January 2014 - 07:24 AM.

ahh, you're right!   Just tested this on a tank that I ordered (had to go to an invite only session because there were too many teenagers trying to kill me).   Placing 4 stickies on the aft vertical and horizontal exhaust vents destroys it.... so I reordered the tank and placed 3 stickies on the vents as before and it runs!  unfortunately it's not chugging out dark smoke or beeping, as I had hoped.

So... I reordered. Placed 3 on the exhaust vents and one directly in the front/center of the tank.    This time it starts chugging black smoke but not a lot of it, but enough.  It's been weakened a fair amount.

... 3 on the vertical section + 2 on the front destroys it....

Tried various combinations of 5 sticky bomb configurations and they all seems to destroy it..

Guessing the best combo at this point on unoccupied tanks is 3 stickies on the vertical aft exhaust + one in the front/center

Cincy32
  • Cincy32

RIP FRED PHELPS

• Members
  • Afghanistan

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:24 AM

I think there are more posts complaining about tanks than there are actual tank griefers. 

And stealing it from Zancudo wouldn't be a viable option since - as far as I know - there's no way to get it out of the base without the assistance of a Cargobob, meaning you'd need someone else's assistance. Then, instead of dealing with one griefer you'd have to deal with two. Brilliant idea lmao

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:30 AM

Right. Hm. What if you can blow the gates open or some part of the fence? You'd have a cool story to tell and having a tank is much more enticing.

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:32 AM Edited by RAS_ZeroZ, 05 January 2014 - 07:35 AM.

Ohhhhhh, that combination may be the perfect recipe.  I just drove it and the first car that I ran over destroyed the tank LOL

Here is where I put them to be clear,

16ixypy.jpg

maueyd.jpghttp://i43.tinypic.com/maueyd.jpg

Coyteria
  • Coyteria

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:38 AM

Once you get your snipe on, get your snipe on, get yo get yo snipe on. You will find them weak hiding places.

RealHoosier07
  • RealHoosier07

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:31 PM

Tanks have been in nearly all of the GTA games, in fact, the only one that comes to mind that hasn't had the tank is GTA IV. How is including a tank then making the game un-GTA like? You're making asinine remarks.

I don't care how  many games tanks have been in.  THe point is that a crime organization having a tank is stupid.  This isn't a military game and to have crime lords have access to tanks doesn't make sense.  The only reason people are griefing with tanks constantly is because there isn't anything to do in free roam...there's no dynamic events....nothing that brings players together for a reason and a big reward.  This game is dying because there is NOTHING to do.....Rockstar gets lazy and throws in tanks and choppers because it's easy...coming up with unique and new content seems to be hard for these developers.  The content they keep bringing out is re-hashed crap from what we already have.  If we didn't have tanks or choppers, but instead had tons of content...this game wouldn't be dying.  

RealHoosier07
  • RealHoosier07

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:38 PM

I love how if you don't like tanks in the game, you just aren't very good. LMAO  I killed 3 tanks last night..sure I died a few times, but I got their asses too.  I could care less about dying a bunch...I just don't like tanks in GTA.  It's stupid.  Hell, the reason this game never takes off online like other big titles have is because of the stupid free roam pvp...it needs to go.  There are plenty of ways to play pvp, we don't need it in free roam.  Free roam needs to be a place that is alive and has dynamic events that spawn and bring the players together(i.e. A rogue military unit invading Vespucci Beach)...big payouts and big rewards for players that participate.  They could have these massive events spawning randomly all over the map.  

Instead, they just throw people into free roam and give them tanks and say "Have fun!"  That's why this game has never been known as a great online game.  No sense of imagination by the devs.and the worst gaming community I've ever seen in a game.  Most players that play GTAO have NO CLUE what it takes to make an online game last for years without dying off much.  There are tons of online games that have been going for years and they know what they are doing.  Rockstar is NOOBS with the online gaming...and it shows.  This game has been out for a couple months online and it's already dead and dying.

• saintsrow likes this

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:43 PM Edited by SecludedMemory, 05 January 2014 - 11:01 PM.

The easiest, and IMO best way to balance it a bit would add a 6-star wanted level with a military that's actually capable of taking out tanks. 

Hell, the reason this game never takes off online like other big titles have is because of the stupid free roam pvp...it needs to go.  There are plenty of ways to play pvp, we don't need it in free roam.  

Thinking GTA:O isn't 'taking off' because of free roam PVP is just silly. This game has plenty of people playing online, and free roam easily makes up the vast majority of the PVP in this game, which most players engage in willingly, and removing it would be an excellent way of killing the game. It's something a lot of players want. The only thing they should even think about considering is adding a friendly free roam like they had in Red Dead Redemption. 

bearer22
  • bearer22

Half fast player

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:47 PM

OP, I kinda see your point about tanks, but TBH, I'm at the point where I hope tanks are in the lobby when I join...Just last night, there were 2 people from the same crew, both in tanks, terrorizing the beach...I flew a chopper to the pier about 1000 yrds or so and sniped both of them lol....They asked me how I did it, and I told them(I learned how to do it by reading this forum) they were so impressed they friend requested me, and invited me to their crew...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users