Photo

Its time to get rid of the tanks

159 replies to this topic
TickleBot
  • TickleBot

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:54 PM

Tanks are awesome. They make free mode far more exciting.

This ^^

PaulDPearl
  • PaulDPearl

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:57 PM

My brother lives in another state so when we get online at the same time its always rare and always fun....EXCEPT....
the other f*cking night when we are trying to do some missions and I have to watch him get spawned killed 20 times by some asshole in a tank waiting for people coming back from missions near the golf course.

So basically I finally got my bro to see the text I sent him telling him to leave the session.
So we finally did that, but had a hard time finding a lobby together. So after about 20 minutes of loading and re-trying and getting kicked off due to Server error messages, when we finally got together again we were so worn out and bummed out that he sends me a text that he has to go.
So yes, some Tank princess with nothing better to do completely ruined our gaming and if that is some assholes idea of having FUN? Well go f*ck yourselves!!!

I find this less a problem with the tank's existence and more a problem with the lack of any method of joining online lobbies logically...

Major feature request: Lobby browser....

• saintsrow likes this

Nehocbelac
  • Nehocbelac

Rockstar f*cked Me

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:20 PM

I dont. I find them fun to toy with. Just need to play smarter with them.

I agree.

You can snipe them aswell, I don't find them THAT overpowered... 

You can snipe people in tanks???? Link me a video or tutorial please

killa_b
  • killa_b

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:22 PM

I don't mind thanks at all, same as jets and buzzards they're great for the game. Its just the douche inside the thing that I can't stand.

grand theft spaghetti
  • grand theft spaghetti

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:02 PM Edited by ijustcameheretobeeotch, 02 January 2014 - 09:04 PM.

had two players in a crew both had a level of around 200 but had no idea how to play. it was funny as hell watching them try. they would stand where i couldnt physically touch them but forgot all about me being able to turret blast their butts. one of them had a lagswitch and would jump around but i still got him. and no he wasnt going into a mission and backing out. he would disappear and reappear on top of my tank trying to pull me out.

both of them crying a tank wasnt fair. funny coming from two little punks that cant use their dns godmode anymore but still have boosted stats thanks to modding their levels. you cant win a gun battle with boosted crew. a tank evens up the playing field. i killed them both around 100 times each before they finally left the session.

Cally
  • Cally

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:10 PM

They are a pain in the arse granted the worst thing is any tom, dick & harry has one now since the DNS thingy.

But they are fun. I get mine park outside the Mod Shop and wait for players to come along and blow them up. Yesterday i had a about 5 players all gang up on me throwing bombs from the roof eventually the tank gave way and blew up..

So funny tho. Luv it

am30
  • am30

surprisingly nice

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:11 PM

Tanks are awesome. They make free mode far more exciting.

This ^^

...is total crap.  Maybe fun to the idiot driving the thing but annoy as hell to anyone who is minding their onwn business and get blown up and has to pay for the privledge seeing as it was clearly the innocent players fault for having the sheer audacity to try and play the game.

• saintsrow and Bluesun62 like this

Purple_Eclipse
  • Purple_Eclipse

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:13 PM Edited by Purple_Eclipse, 04 January 2014 - 11:16 PM.

How about charge the player 10,000 every time they want to use the tank?

am30
  • am30

surprisingly nice

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:21 PM

So I got my tank and was driving around LS like a responcible motorist and I past many players.  Some turned and ran away, others tried to start something which I promptly finished.  Can't have these fools impeding my progress as I was minding my own business.

But it wasn't really that exciting, even once I got 5 stars after annoying the local constabulary.

BLeonard
  • BLeonard

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:55 AM

I wouldn't go as far as to say that they need to be gotten rid of, but I feel that there do need to be some balances put in.

Twice today, I had parked my car and was ON FOOT when a tank driver blew up my PV...  Both times, I had to pay insurance.

If R* wants to prevent people from kamikazing into the tanks to get them bad sport and rack up insurance bills, fine...  But, if I get a bad sport and have to pay insurance using an ignition bomb on my own car and the other person parks too close, blowing up his own car up in the process, then a tank that blows up a PV with it's gun should get bad sport and have to pay the insurance as well.

Closing the loophole that allows players under the rank of 70 to purchase a tank is a must as well.  In fact, if your character is under rank 70, you should not even be allowed to enter a tank, let alone buy one and have Pegasus deliver it.  This would also stop a lot of the people that give tanks to lower levels "for the lulz."

I also feel that there should be some sort of "cooldown period" after the tank has been destroyed.  48 minutes, or 1 ingame day, after the tank has been destroyed seems fair.  This would stop the players who stay in passive and just run back and forth picking up tanks after their previous one has been destroyed.  There's a cooldown period for using pretty much every other feature in the game (Off the radar, bounties, hell even your mechanic) so there should be one for tanks as well.

Other things that have been suggested ad nauseum, such as:

Charging more to get a tank dropped off:  Though, in the last change, R* actually lowered the cost, so I doubt this will happen.

Make the tank easier to destroy:  I like the idea of a sticky under the treads disabling the tanks movement and I'd suggest a way to actually snipe people out of the tank (as opposed to just the rendering solution we have currently).  Hitting certain "Sweet spots" on the tank with certain weapons should also disable or destroy it.

For those who say "if you don't like tanks, just switch sessions," that would be all fine and dandy if damn near every session didn't have at least one in it.  Even when a session starts with no tanks, it usually doesn't take long before someone (usually a player that shouldn't have access anyway) has one out and is doing the same things that made me leave the session I was in before.

-Bill

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:58 AM Edited by StewNorth, 05 January 2014 - 04:00 AM.

No problem in general with tanks, but some are real f*ggots.

Which actually makes them easy to find (or avoid) since they are all drawn to tanks like moths.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:06 AM

My brother lives in another state so when we get online at the same time its always rare and always fun....EXCEPT....
the other f*cking night when we are trying to do some missions and I have to watch him get spawned killed 20 times by some asshole in a tank waiting for people coming back from missions near the golf course.

So basically I finally got my bro to see the text I sent him telling him to leave the session.
So we finally did that, but had a hard time finding a lobby together. So after about 20 minutes of loading and re-trying and getting kicked off due to Server error messages, when we finally got together again we were so worn out and bummed out that he sends me a text that he has to go.
So yes, some Tank princess with nothing better to do completely ruined our gaming and if that is some assholes idea of having FUN? Well go f*ck yourselves!!!

I find this less a problem with the tank's existence and more a problem with the lack of any method of joining online lobbies logically...

Major feature request: Lobby browser....

Yes, a good lobby browser would take almost no bandwidth, and would improve the online experience in many ways. 

It has become clear that tanks should have been unlocked at much higher level than the weaponry that can be used to counter them.  The glitch just made it even more ridiculous.  But I don't expect Rockstar to improve any of this. 

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:12 AM Edited by SFBryan18, 05 January 2014 - 04:12 AM.

They should definitely cut their resistance to explosives to at least half or more than what it can take right now. I also agree with a cool down wait for 48 minutes.

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:20 AM

How about tanks only spawning at fort zancudo + in the city, once a day, in a random spot that isn't marked :)

takeral
  • takeral

Trick

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:21 AM Edited by takeral, 05 January 2014 - 04:22 AM.

Tanks are fine. The idea was right but this was abused because of the glitch money(LSC and hacker). Now everyone is rich and can afford them. Not Rockstar's fault(well sort of).. 

gtahighroller
  • gtahighroller

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:21 AM

they should make it so if you call pegasus for a tank you cant be in passive mode. i just killed two tanks and drove back to my PV which was right at the movie theatre parking lot. just when i blow up my tank and as im getting in my car i notice  somone driving around the corner in passive mode so i hop out and try to rpg him but he gets out just in time and then he can just get in his tank no problem at all because hes in passive mode. its things like that that make this game a joke. that and the wait time for mechanic

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:25 AM

Let me say this again. No weaponized vehicles for purchase. Hand-held by Pegasus, bunch of losers. Steal your weaponized vehicle from the army and I will applaud you.

muhmuhhuh
  • muhmuhhuh

Prankster

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:28 AM

Im sick of wasting stickies on them. I set everything up nicely and then someone sneaks up and shoots me or something and all my stickies go away. 

Oh and of course then i get spawn killed trying to get back to ammunation. 

Two things that annoy me with tanks currently, lack of cars on the road when they are around so its hard to go anywhere but in the vicinity of the tanks and the bloody cops as per usual. I try and snipe a tank and all of a sudden its "freeze asshole" ping ping ping (thats super accurate cop bullets by the way) WHY THE HELL ARE YOU SHOOTING ME!? Someone has got a bloody tank literally 30 yards away from you!

MeGusta90
  • MeGusta90

I want a cool image under this sentence

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:30 AM

Tanks should fear Lazers.

BackPack
  • BackPack

This Ain't No Cartoon.

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:30 AM

tumblr_mty8dhTJqE1s7sh61o1_500.gif

Dirty80s
  • Dirty80s

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:43 AM

kids bitch too much nowdays

thefik
  • thefik

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:16 AM

if you get killed by a tank, choose passive mode before you respawn.  its not that hard to do.  it's certainly easier than going on a forum and bitching about people with tanks killing you.

Gameralfa095
  • Gameralfa095

Bang!

• Members
  • El-Salvador

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:29 AM

no its funny to play smart with them only time they get annoying is when someone is following you allways to kill you

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:38 AM

if you get killed by a tank, choose passive mode before you respawn.  its not that hard to do.  it's certainly easier than going on a forum and bitching about people with tanks killing you.

Tanks don't adhere to passive mode. You also can get killed by a tank in passive.

meth.
  • meth.

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:39 AM

as i learned from the GOD MODE experience...there are still ways to kill you with a tank even if you're in passive mode

just today i learned a new trick with the tank. i'm not even going to post it because the tank whoring is bad enough if this goes viral it will be like god mode/bounties all over again. i hope rockstar addresses the issue but i highly doubt that will happen. they have basically made it a pro tank environment by taking the bad sport penalties away

thefik
  • thefik

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:42 AM

Tanks don't adhere to passive mode. You also can get killed by a tank in passive.

i'm aware that you can get run over or knocked around by the gun barrel, but it's easier than just getting blown up as soon as you spawn.

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:57 AM

one other option, if you're lucky enough to hear people saying they're ordering a tank, is to get there before they do and weaken it significantly... but don't destroy it.    Five stickies on the aft should do that?   The police will do the rest and they'll be puzzled as to why their precious little tank is a piece of sh*t.

thefik
  • thefik

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:00 AM

one other option, if you're lucky enough to hear people saying they're ordering a tank, is to get there before they do and weaken it significantly... but don't destroy it.    Five stickies on the aft should do that?   The police will do the rest and they'll be puzzled as to why their precious little tank is a piece of sh*t.

five should be more than enough.  i'd wait until the person got in to detonate them though

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:07 AM Edited by RAS_ZeroZ, 05 January 2014 - 06:13 AM.

I'm thinking it's better they not have a chance to see them and wonder why the tank failed so miserably.. they usually come from the west, so chances are they won't... but still.

I haven't tested this or even noticed but do the stickies leave noticeable impact marks when they're detonated on the tank?

(someone on this forum did the work of figuring out how many explosives are needed to immobilize a tank from the aft section.. I'll have to go back and re-read what their findings were.  Might even be in this thread, totally forget at the moment)

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:15 AM

Enough damage makes the tank smoke. I'm pretty sure 5 stickies on the back of a tank that is not occupied will destroy it. The tank takes less damage if unoccupied or driven by an NPC.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users