Its time to get rid of the tanks

159 replies to this topic
Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:30 PM

My brother lives in another state so when we get online at the same time its always rare and always fun....EXCEPT....
the other f*cking night when we are trying to do some missions and I have to watch him get spawned killed 20 times by some asshole in a tank waiting for people coming back from missions near the golf course.

So basically I finally got my bro to see the text I sent him telling him to leave the session.
So we finally did that, but had a hard time finding a lobby together. So after about 20 minutes of loading and re-trying and getting kicked off due to Server error messages, when we finally got together again we were so worn out and bummed out that he sends me a text that he has to go.
So yes, some Tank princess with nothing better to do completely ruined our gaming and if that is some assholes idea of having FUN? Well go f*ck yourselves!!!

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:32 PM

Same thread, different day.

iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:36 PM

I had problems with tanks but I found a way to defeat them once for all. I also have one myself, I kill sometimes players that using a tank and spawnkilling me.

PerceusSOZ
  • PerceusSOZ

gtaforumsmods.freeforums.net

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:36 PM

The only bad thing about the tanks is the lack of bad sport points. Other than that its pretty balanced. A skilled player can murder tanks hand-to-hand, and a skilled tank driver can obliterate anything in their path, including other tanks.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:38 PM

Tanks at the wrong time + network errors = Frustrating times.

This is when you just turn it off and go do something else.

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:40 PM

I had problems with tanks but I found a way to defeat them once for all. I also have one myself, I kill sometimes players that using a tank and spawnkilling me.

Its funny, The anti-grief tank always wins as the original tank pretty much always already has some damage to it... Then the anti-grief tank turns into grief-tank it self and the whole thing starts over again.

• ViceCityStalker likes this

roiegat
  • roiegat

Snitch

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:43 PM

So I'm level 144 legit (been playing since day one both single and online) and I have a tank.  With the last patch when they made it less probable that blowing up other peoples car was going to get me in the bad sport pool, I decided to take her for a spin in free mode.

Most of the time, I kill you once and I go away.  If your dumb enough to try to come after me, I will kill you repeatedly.  I will also friend you and help you learn how to destroy a tank.  

Today I was on free mode and was listening to the chatter and there was a hacker giving away money and duping cars for people.  Since he was at a LSC and had about 5 people there, figured easy pickings.  So I get my tank, drive over and destroy 5 freshly duped cars.  They get a little upset and claim I'm a hacker and I'm invincible.  I actually had to explain it to them that anyone with rank 70 and enough money can get a tank and having a tank is not a cheat (most were rank 10-50).

My friends and I made a video recently of what it takes to kill a tank:

Also I recently discovered that a mini-gun to the back side will also hurt a tank greatly.

BadFish82
  • BadFish82

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:50 PM

Tanks are not hard to avoid, I really don't see why these threads keep popping up. I personally have never been killed by a tank more than twice -  usually when its twice, its me making a mistake/being an idiot. I like to cruise around in the tank because it normally is safer than walking around in passive. I get a kick out of seeing a 2 person white dot speeding my way because I know whats going on...these guys think they will get an easy drive by only to crap their pants when they realize its a tank. I'm just always shocked at the number of people that will throw themselves at the tank even if I do nothing to them. I rarely see anyone go into passive mode to avoid getting killed multiple times. Its not even that they are firing a micro smg...they keep running at the tank thinking somehow they will climb onto it and pull me out. The tank is fun. Contrary to popular belief, some of us tank drivers do like running around shooting, flying buzzards, flying lazers, and causing havoc other ways too. I also get a kick out of spawning into my apartment and hearing lots of explosions - chances are I'll be grabbing a tank or grabbing a lazer to have some fun in the near future.

TheBobster2112
  • TheBobster2112

Helpful person :D

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:54 PM

There is no stopping somebody in that thing.

1. Snipe it.
  2. RPG it while off the radar.
  3. Grenade launcher it while off the radar.
  4. Sticky bomb it while off the radar.
  5. Climb a building and do all of the above.
  6. Throw stickys on a car, go off the radar and ram it.
  7. And so much more ingenious ideas.
  • StewNorth likes this

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

• Members
  • China

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:08 PM Edited by StewNorth, 02 January 2014 - 03:08 PM.

1. Snipe it.

You're wasting your time, these people aren't here to learn how to improve their gameplay.

I mean the information is out there across multitudes of forums, guides, videos and news articles...but whining and hoping for everything else to be nerfed seems like an easier fix to them.

You could make the best post/thread/video possible explaining how to do x,y,z and they will ignore it anyway. The same thread will pop back in a few hours anyway.

muhmuhhuh
  • muhmuhhuh

Prankster

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:12 PM

cool off time is what we need after tank gets destroyed

Yes this. 

Tanks in general are stupid but fine. Being able to get in one again virtually straight away is ridiculous though. 

1. Snipe it.

You're wasting your time, these people aren't here to learn how to improve their gameplay.

I mean the information is out there across multitudes of forums, guides, videos and news articles...but whining and hoping for everything else to be nerfed seems like an easier fix to them.

You could make the best post/thread/video possible explaining how to do x,y,z and they will ignore it anyway. The same thread will pop back in a few hours anyway.

Yeah but lets not forget a lot of these solutions are level dependant. I was on a session last night where two guys were just running around in tanks for like an hour, the lobby began to dwindle and only I was at a high enough level (and im not even that high, but I can go off radar etc) to do anything about it. 

Mr Shakotan
  • Mr Shakotan

Ride Low and get high

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:18 PM

For some reason I cant call pegasus or my mechanic anymore so I havent used mine today Anybody else have that problem. Stop complaining tanks are not invinsible there slow and easy too hear coming. The doors to the tank is not locked and the driver can be removed. Impact, explosion, and fire kill a tank.  When people come after me with a tank I go to a area where they cant shot me or get too me and set a firey trap with a jury can and some molotovs. Jerry can fires drain down tanks to a beep really fast. Suck it up, dont play online or learn to not suck.

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

• Members
  • China

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:29 PM Edited by StewNorth, 02 January 2014 - 03:30 PM.

Yeah but lets not forget a lot of these solutions are level dependant. I was on a session last night where two guys were just running around in tanks for like an hour, the lobby began to dwindle and only I was at a high enough level (and im not even that high, but I can go off radar etc) to do anything about it. 

True enough. The higher your level, the easier dispatching tanks get.

But let's not forget there are still options out there...even for lower levels:

level 19 : stick bombs

level 21 : sniper

level 40 : off-the-radar

level 50 : mugger

Most people are past level 40 to be honest by now, so the kamikaze car method would work wonders. You can still kamikaze without off-the-radar, it just depends a bit more on luck and timing but it is doable.

The normal sniper still works, it just takes a few more tries.

And yes, in the worse case scenario, there is still passive mode.

I'm not saying that fighting tanks at lower levels is as easy as it is later on, but there are still means to defend yourself. Of course, that will not stop tank spammers from just getting another one the second his first tank gets destroyed. But that's a problem as much for higher levels as new players.

Sometimes it's just not worth it when you meet those guys that live purely for tanking.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:31 PM Edited by Vooodu, 02 January 2014 - 03:32 PM.

. Stop complaining tanks are not invinsible there slow and easy too hear coming. 

Ya guys stop complaining...lol..  What ever...

Everytime i kill a tank noob...They go passive and focus on getting a new tank.    Theres is absolutely no point in engaging any idiot in a tank because of this.

As of now, there is no real penalty since everyone has million or billions.    But when the money wipe comes in, then what?  Especially considering tanks no longer pay insurance.

Waste $20 000+ worth of ammo to bring down an idiot in a tank...for what?  Then the idiot goes passive and gets another tank back for $200 bucks in seconds?  That makes no sense at all.

1.) Tanks need to cost $10 000 per delivery.

2.)  Give it a 1 hour cool down.  

Now that makes sense....     Noobs need to have a time out period.

danzor
  • danzor

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:52 PM

There's a lot of people on here playing the wrong game... They're forgetting it's GTA. Of course people are going to kill other players, go in tanks - if you don't like it, I suggest you play solitaire instead.

There is more then one way of playing GTA:O

deanstroyer
  • deanstroyer

West Side White Boy

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:04 PM

this truly is the answer, no one wants to give up the option to call in a tank, but if it gets destroyed you shouldnt be able to just drive and get another one. in the two weeks of owning a tank I have used it once, and thats only because i was gettting my ass kicked by three people, by the time it got destroyed my blood pressure was back to normal and I was able to go about my business

muhmuhhuh
  • muhmuhhuh

Prankster

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:30 PM

True enough. The higher your level, the easier dispatching tanks get.

But let's not forget there are still options out there...even for lower levels:

level 19 : stick bombs

level 21 : sniper

level 40 : off-the-radar

level 50 : mugger

Most people are past level 40 to be honest by now, so the kamikaze car method would work wonders. You can still kamikaze without off-the-radar, it just depends a bit more on luck and timing but it is doable.

The normal sniper still works, it just takes a few more tries.

And yes, in the worse case scenario, there is still passive mode.

I'm not saying that fighting tanks at lower levels is as easy as it is later on, but there are still means to defend yourself. Of course, that will not stop tank spammers from just getting another one the second his first tank gets destroyed. But that's a problem as much for higher levels as new players.

Sometimes it's just not worth it when you meet those guys that live purely for tanking.

I can never get the normal sniper to work. I take out tanks by laying stickies and then trying to lure the tank towards me. If the stickies miss though im screwed/skint. 

I dont know if most people are above level 40 right now. There is a lot of new players out there.

As I dont have a tank I have a question, does tank ammo cost money? Because those guys yesterday were trying to kill me on top of a parking lot. They were not getting near me but kept firing for a good ten minutes. Are tanks limitless when it comes to ammo because if so thats pretty daft. 

lordemperor
  • lordemperor

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:35 PM

How about putting a timer on how often you can call your tank? Just like mercenaries and bounties.

This is all that's needed. I can kill a tank but it's not worth wasting my time when they get another immediately for $200...
  • I.haigh likes this

Face Down
  • Face Down

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:36 PM

but.....I am this close to a level 70!

OOM 313
  • OOM 313

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:44 PM

The RPG rocket needs to fly a lot faster and do three times as much damage to the tank. That would solve it.

Ever see an RPG fired in real life? I have. Nothing like the game. They move fast as f*ck.

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:54 PM

Tanks at the wrong time + network errors = Frustrating times.

This is when you just turn it off and go do something else.

yeah, except that we were having a f*cking blast and we had to leave the session which was working fine the entire time.
f*ck tanks. lol.
But NOT tank tops on girls!!

am30
  • am30

surprisingly nice

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:01 PM

Most pointless vehicle in the game and boring as hell to drive.  Get them to f**k.

You Are All V1rgins
  • You Are All V1rgins

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:25 PM

They either need a cool down, or to be removed from freeroaming.

But, tankers are usually young kids, that get their rocks off by making other people mad.

If you don't show them anger, they will move on.

Plus, it's boring to kill players over and over with a tank, that's why I'm 100% sure all tankers are young kids, or immature adults.
  • ten-a-penny, Bluesun62 and am30 like this

Art:Vandelay
  • Art:Vandelay

Architect, Latex Producer, Marine Biologist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:37 PM

The solution is to get a laser and strafe them, they will cry because they can't get a laser

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:44 PM

How about putting a timer on how often you can call your tank? Just like mercenaries and bounties.

This is all that's needed. I can kill a tank but it's not worth wasting my time when they get another immediately for $200...

If they're a griefer then either steal the tank and spawn kill them, or continue what you did to kill them in the first place, and spawn kill them.  I've got a nearly perfect record of getting tank griefers to leave the session just by repeat kills when they go back to the tank.  (I do only do this to griefers/spawn killers.  I generally try and kill most people I see, but not repeatedly, and that includes tank drivers.)

DangerZone77
  • DangerZone77

ninja not ninjer

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:50 PM

Good thing there are friends/crew only sessions. I rarely play general population sessions now. 

Stol3nZ06
  • Stol3nZ06

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:59 PM

As soon as I'm entering GTA Online, the first  sounds I listen for on the loading screen are distant explosions. Then I know I'm going to stay awhile :evilgrin:

same here. If there are no tanks I leave the lobby immediately and fine a new session until I find one with tanks.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:29 PM

That's why you need to spawnkill them they usually get really mad that they go into passive or leave the session.

MrHollick
  • MrHollick

W9SMH

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:40 PM

For Fks sakes stop with the get rid of the tanks millionth thread.

If you dont like playing with tanks stay in your own damn lobby!

DrAtomic
  • DrAtomic

Volatile

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:41 PM Edited by DrAtomic, 02 January 2014 - 07:44 PM.

I agree, but just something reasonable, as all pegasus vehicles share that time-out. Say 15 minutes.

I got my tank legit and had to farm for weeks to get it, the core issue is people owning tanks that shouldnt be owning tanks yet and as a result there are way too many of them now.

Also grenades are your friend, forget RPGs, tanks are blown up with grenades, both manual and grenade launcher ones. Tanks go down fast and easy if you go about it that way. The only problem is the cost of destroying one as you easily spend 5k destroying them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users