Photo

Its time to get rid of the tanks

159 replies to this topic
UnicornAssassin
  • UnicornAssassin

Soldier

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:12 AM Edited by UnicornAssassin, 02 January 2014 - 06:15 AM.

But anyway I just think they I simply have to get rid of the tanks better at this game.

There you go, OP: I fixed it for you.

• AzraelX, TimelyMeerkat, I.haigh and 1 other like this

Sterling Malory Archer
  • Sterling Malory Archer

What the sh*t? I'm playing GRAND THEFT TANK

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:31 AM

I don't even bother with tanks anymore.  Just a sign that the player driving the tank sucks at using guns.  I can snipe them and have blown them up with grenades etc. but they're just boring now.  Don't even enjoy watching somebody driving one on Weasel news.  I will send a Mugger after a driver if I can, right before I leave for a new session.

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:37 AM

I don't even bother with tanks anymore.  Just a sign that the player driving the tank sucks at using guns.  I can snipe them and have blown them up with grenades etc. but they're just boring now.  Don't even enjoy watching somebody driving one on Weasel news.  I will send a Mugger after a driver if I can, right before I leave for a new session.

Thats just not gonna work. Muggers/Merc don't work if you leave the session.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:40 AM

As soon as I'm entering GTA Online, the first  sounds I listen for on the loading screen are distant explosions. Then I know I'm going to stay awhile :evilgrin:

Same. Tank rounds are like music to my ears.

True that.

If you're up for the challenge then it can be quite a bit of fun, but when you're minding your own business they can be a royal pain in the ass.

It is hard not to be a cruel prick when you're in a tank, it's really enjoyable to be mincing people up and it is easy to turn into a c*nt. You know you need to find hobbies when you find the turrent-knockdown appealing though.

Jet, stealth attack on the back, snipe, or leave. The first time you snipe someone in a tank..oh man...

hesselgren
  • hesselgren

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:40 AM

no hate bro

tank-love1.jpg

• ten-a-penny and TimelyMeerkat like this

FR_Player-One
  • FR_Player-One

NO BULLSHlT ALLOWED Pew Pew Pew - - -

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:49 AM

How about putting a timer on how often you can call your tank? Just like mercenaries and bounties. 

That, also bring back the fking bad sport for exploding cars.

Blow up someone PVs with a sticky bomb you get bad sport, yet the other guy can defend himself after in this situation.

Get in a tank and blow up 10 PVs you don't get a single bad sport, yet the other guys can't defend themselves against a tank, especially low levels.

Also Rockstar should fix the glitch to obtain a tank at any level, this is ridiculous seeing noobs in tank in every lobby.

NukedPratorian
  • NukedPratorian

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:53 AM

How about putting a timer on how often you can call your tank? Just like mercenaries and bounties. 

Tanks should be on same timer as car sales once a day that would reduce the abuse by a lot.  Like another poster pointed out its all the idiots fault for ramming cars into them that made them such a pain now.  I remember when I first got mine took it for a stroll and wasn't killing anyone then an entire crew of jackasses just started driving cars into me unprovoked so I decided to blow the sh*t out of the entire session until I got badsport. 

Scumbaggah
  • Scumbaggah

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:58 AM Edited by Scumbaggah, 02 January 2014 - 06:58 AM.

Yay another tank bashing thread, So original..I bet you people complaining about tanks are the same noobs who drive straight into them or start shooting your micro smgs at it. They are loud, slow and cumbersome, If a tank is f*cking you up then you most likely brought it upon yourself.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:15 AM

1. If your friends take up a large amount of the lobby, kick them
2. Teleport
3. Go off radar, get your own tank and spawn kill them
4. Have the lobby gang up on the tank and spawnkill him till he leaves.
5. Snipe em

metsfan89
  • metsfan89

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:23 AM

Yay another tank bashing thread, So original..I bet you people complaining about tanks are the same noobs who drive straight into them or start shooting your micro smgs at it. They are loud, slow and cumbersome, If a tank is f*cking you up then you most likely brought it upon yourself.

what a dumb post

• ten-a-penny likes this

Scumbaggah
  • Scumbaggah

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:25 AM

what a dumb thread

Fixed.

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:26 AM

Completely agree. 

Noob thinking: "Derp, dat der tank isn't attacking me, better shoot my micro SMG at it, maybe I can hit the fuel tank..."

metsfan89
  • metsfan89

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:32 AM

what a dumb thread

Fixed.

Nope. Still wrong. Good try though

Daemian
  • Daemian

Merryweather Security LTA

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:55 AM Edited by Daimondl, 02 January 2014 - 07:58 AM.

Completely agree. 

Noob thinking: "Derp, dat der tank isn't attacking me, better shoot my micro SMG at it, maybe I can hit the fuel tank..."
What the f*ck with you guys, tanks are OP
  • ten-a-penny likes this

SurfaceNoise
  • SurfaceNoise

改性

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:11 AM

Tanks are OP because you all can't snipe the tank driver! :D

Daemian
  • Daemian

Merryweather Security LTA

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:26 AM

Tanks are OP because you all can't snipe the tank driver! :D

Easy, but tanks are still annoying

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:32 AM

It's time to get rid of you.

But anyway I just think they I simply have to get rid of the tanks better at this game.

There you go, OP: I fixed it for you.

I bet he won't like that, whiners generally don't enjoy logic much,

danzor
  • danzor

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:13 AM

Completely agree. 

That's not how it works usually, it's the noobs in tanks shooting you even though you are doing nothing to them or giving them any attention.

SkunkonToast
  • SkunkonToast

permastoned

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:14 AM

Tanks really aren't a problem at all dude. You can hear them from half the city away and if you check the mini map you can usually find where they are by the white dots disappearing just after you hear a bang. Simple don't drive/walk down that road. They are so easy to avoid that I think I've only been taken out by one or two so far.

danzor
  • danzor

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:19 AM

Tanks really aren't a problem at all dude. You can hear them from half the city away and if you check the mini map you can usually find where they are by the white dots disappearing just after you hear a bang. Simple don't drive/walk down that road. They are so easy to avoid that I think I've only been taken out by one or two so far.

It's just, I don't see the point with f*cking with people when they aren't f*cking with you. Just leave them alone and focus on the ones doing something to you...

• Shootinalloveryourface likes this

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:44 AM

It's just, I don't see the point with f*cking with people when they aren't f*cking with you. Just leave them alone and focus on the ones doing something to you...

I understand the logic here, however, being Devil's advocate, many players regard noncombatant behavior as offensive and feel it's their duty to rectify the situation by any means necessary. 

sabbathscouse
  • sabbathscouse

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:45 AM

I agree with the cool down time for the Rhino...I love my tank and find myself cruising in it often, 90% of the time I'm just looking to reap havoc with the police and noose but sometimes if I see people spawn killing or griefing in tanks I'll try put them away although I have been guitly of Griefing myself on a couple occasions...That is when I am venting stuff from the real world into the harmless life of gtao...TANKS RULE BUT DON'T BE A DICK WITH THEM!!!

DraxTheDestroyer
  • DraxTheDestroyer

Vinum Sabbathi

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:31 AM Edited by psycho_realm747, 02 January 2014 - 10:34 AM.

Tanks is the only reason why i keep playing GTAO.I dont feel like shooting players doing their business but when i see a tank that gives me the right to snipe them till they leave the lobby over and over again.Once i sniped a tank griefer ,stole his tank and kill him 20 times with his tank

JohnDRockefeller
  • JohnDRockefeller

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:35 AM

My love for the tank runs deep theres nothing like taking my low level second character out to a lobby full of level 100 's and getting picked on then calling for my beloved tank then going back around that corner and leting all hell break loose now u got a level 12 owning a level 100 player and making um rage quit #johndftw

K-ROSE
  • K-ROSE

45 mins Southeast of Thibodaux, Louisiana

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:42 PM

Tanks are for people who can't shoot, drive, or fly. Simple.

I gave my tank away last night to a low level and sure enough, they kill me with it. Retards. Probably bragging to friends about how they "stole" it.

I sent mercs, muggar, bounties, etc. after them for the rest of the night after that.

SJH1991
  • SJH1991

Scotland's finest

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:57 PM

There's a lot of people on here playing the wrong game... They're forgetting it's GTA. Of course people are going to kill other players, go in tanks - if you don't like it, I suggest you play solitaire instead

caddymanlnl
  • caddymanlnl

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:02 PM

I tried a lot of things against tanks, was never successful with sniping or buzzards. Last night I saw a white dot turn a corner toward me, surprise it's a tank. He blows me up. I immediately called mine, it spawned close, took him out in like 3 shots.

Parked it in the middle of the street, took cover near it, waited, sure enough here comes his rpg unloading on it. Pop cover and take him out, lulz ensued.

hvcciookay
  • hvcciookay

• Members
  • Wallis-And-Futuna

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:05 PM

I haven't seen many tanks since the hotfix. Only seen maybe 2 in the past couple days and i switch sessions at least once every 20 minutes to find one to snipe to no avail.

SJH1991
  • SJH1991

Scotland's finest

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:08 PM

I tried a lot of things against tanks, was never successful with sniping or buzzards. Last night I saw a white dot turn a corner toward me, surprise it's a tank. He blows me up. I immediately called mine, it spawned close, took him out in like 3 shots.

Parked it in the middle of the street, took cover near it, waited, sure enough here comes his rpg unloading on it. Pop cover and take him out, lulz ensued.

Buzzards online are very easy to take out, best way to destroy the tank as you said is RPG

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:26 PM

you don't need to stop them they're slow as f*ck.

if every1 would evade tanks instead of trying to destroy them tank drivers would get bored real quick

• SkunkonToast likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users