Its time to get rid of the tanks

159 replies to this topic
metsfan89
  • metsfan89

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:09 AM

As fun as they are to use they are just a complete disadvantage in free mode. There is no stopping somebody in that thing. Well there is but its a pain in the ass to do.  But anyway I just think they simply have to get rid of the tanks

• Drunken Cowboy, RAS_ZeroZ and OminousPortents like this

Headdogg81
  • Headdogg81

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:12 AM

I dont. I find them fun to toy with. Just need to play smarter with them.

• Cincy32 likes this

heer
  • heer

I like girls

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:14 AM

cool off time is what we need after tank gets destroyed

• TreFacTor, Judas0ne, Ninja_Gear and 13 others like this

Bozzah
  • Bozzah

sick, demented griefer

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

I dont. I find them fun to toy with. Just need to play smarter with them.

I agree.

You can snipe them aswell, I don't find them THAT overpowered... 

DevsNzL
  • DevsNzL

I'm Watching You

• Members
  • New-Zealand
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA Online]

and the millionth post about waaa tanks are ruining the game.

• EyeMacHunt, NDE108, Cincy32 and 2 others like this

TerrorFields
  • TerrorFields

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:15 AM

I think the rpg and the grenade launcher should get some buffs. In singleplayer tanks take just a few grenade rounds, but in multiplayer they have ridiculous armor. 

• ten-a-penny, Drunken Cowboy, Timely and 1 other like this

metsfan89
  • metsfan89

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:16 AM

and the millionth post about waaa tanks are ruining the game.

and all are warranted 

• RAS_ZeroZ and SwingingSpidey like this

DevsNzL
  • DevsNzL

I'm Watching You

• Members
  • New-Zealand
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA Online]

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:19 AM

Yea but why not keep it in the same thread. And no it's not warrented, pple posted how to deal with them life in general you adapt if not then accept your fate.

Headdogg81
  • Headdogg81

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:20 AM

I think if anything they should remove it from the pegasus vehicle list only. Have them accessible only from zancudo like the lazer. That way it would take some skill to get one like the lazer.

• Judas0ne, hywelkidd, ZeusMowat_278 and 11 others like this

Tayman
  • Tayman

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:21 AM

If it didnt take 85 rockets to kill them, they would be ok.

• ten-a-penny, vanRooney30 and legend47 like this

Lil_B_The Basedgod
  • Lil_B_The Basedgod

f*ck the mods

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:23 AM

^this

either place the tank in the  fort or add the lazer to the Pegasus list to equal everything out...

• ten-a-penny and GrottiCollector like this

metsfan89
  • metsfan89

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:24 AM

Yea but why not keep it in the same thread. And no it's not warrented, pple posted how to deal with them life in general you adapt if not then accept your fate.

Well Im hardly ever here so didn't really know if there is another thread about it.

Puchicas
  • Puchicas

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:25 AM

Learn to snipe them and you will look for tanks.
  • Judas0ne likes this

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Retired

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:27 AM

I think if anything they should remove it from the pegasus vehicle list only. Have them accessible only from zancudo like the lazer. That way it would take some skill to get one like the lazer.

Absolutely. People shouldn't be able to buy tanks or attack choppers either. Just the fact people have to try to get them would make it not worth it to a lot of people. You would need a reason to waste that kinda time. Not always though ;) I like to have fun too sometimes.

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:28 AM

Tanks are awesome. They make free mode far more exciting.

• Toke and Scumbaggah like this

GankThis110
  • GankThis110

Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:29 AM

There should definately be a considerable waiting time before you can call in another one.
  • Masher8559 likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:39 AM

Tanks are fine. My only gripe is how fast the turret spins once you enter it, and how a single man can operate the entire tank, and how the American army is using a tank based on German designs.

Probably just because I'm a realism freak though.

Daimondl
  • Daimondl

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:45 AM

Yes they need a cool off time. I was in a session with 4 tank whores, ended sniping them, but I got bored.

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:47 AM Edited by Ninja_Gear, 02 January 2014 - 06:30 PM.

As fun as they are to use they are just a complete disadvantage in free mode. There is no stopping somebody in that thing. Well there is but its a pain in the ass to do.  But anyway I just think they simply have to get rid of the tanks

If people weren't complete asshats by trying to badsport tank drivers by slaming their cars underneath them.. the Tanks would still get badsport for blowing your car up.

Its the community's its own damn fault.

Yes they need a cool off time. I was in a session with 4 tank whores, ended sniping them, but I got bored.

PS its funny how i always shoot up tanks along with snipers who try to snipe exploit them.

f-16c-19990601-f-0073c-005.jpg

God i hope they will add a PAK FA or F22 in the future as DLC.

• Flyby29 and ten-a-penny like this

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

i get flustered at times

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:51 AM

If people weren't complete asshats by trying to badsport tank drivers by slaming their cars underneath them.. the Tanks would still get badsport for blowing your car up.

PS its funny how i always shoot up tanks along with snipers who try to snipe exploit them.

much as i hate to say it, the bullet physics in this game make the heavy snipers own jets no matter what, thats to draw distance and things spawning in last second

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

fix the blurry tattoos before nerfing tanks in my opinion.

• Scumbaggah and I.haigh like this

lokdogiv
  • lokdogiv

CREW:GTAPJT & GTAPJT RACING.PSN: LokDog_IV

• BUSTED!
  • Australia

If it didnt take 85 rockets to kill them, they would be ok.

actualy,on4-5 to the top of tank is plenty

meth.
  • meth.

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:52 AM

I think the rpg and the grenade launcher should get some buffs. In singleplayer tanks take just a few grenade rounds, but in multiplayer they have ridiculous armor. 

this.

they should really up the power of the RPG. maybe make a sweet spot on the tank where one direct shot will have it beeping & smoking

#UpgradeOrDie
  • #UpgradeOrDie

jailbroked

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:55 AM

NgA6wJ3.jpg

A tank's weakness is its hind quarters as marked with a red circle, where the black vents are. I found out that it only takes 4 of any explosive to destroy a tank on foot. Best to use a Grenade Launcher if you have a tank with its rear-side exposed. It takes only 3 explosives from the Rhino Tank Gun or Lazer/Buzzard Missiles to destroy it from the back.

If you try shooting any explosives on the side or front side of a tank, it will take double the amount of explosives (that would be 8 with a grenade launcher for example) to destroy it since it has more protection on that side.

Jets can take out a tank easily if the tank has its back exposed, but usually requires 2 fly-bys or 15 direct shots to destroy it with the cannons. I wouldn't recommend going to low or if you are unskilled with the jet, since the tank can shoot it out from the air easily.

Also, a Lazer's worst nightmare are rooftop snipers. Snipers can get good shots with a Heavy Sniper Rifle from even 1000+ yards away if a jet is just flying in a straight direction and blow up with about 15 or so rounds. A jet is really flying slowly in the sky from a sniper's perspective as opposed to the person flying the jet thinking you are going really fast.

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:55 AM Edited by Ninja_Gear, 02 January 2014 - 06:00 AM.

much as i hate to say it, the bullet physics in this game make the heavy snipers own jets no matter what, thats to draw distance and things spawning in last second

The way i fly, i never get hit by snipers in the first place, you need to know how to stay out of their sight. Best they've ever been able to do was a shot in my engine and thats over a month ago and i was flying in a foolishly low angle.

And while flying in a jet, if you just highlight all players in the area, it shows a fat gray marker floating above anyone including snipers/tank drivers LMAO.

PS any luck with your account already dude?

• ten-a-penny likes this

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

Lifelong fan of the number "42"

• D1RTY12
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:56 AM

Remember, before you all became filthy rich with your hacker money, Tanks were supposed to be a High Value item available only to those above a certain level. You spend that 1.5 Million and spend the time to get to level 70 you want to have FUN with it.

Tanks aren't the issue just like Annihilators weren't the issue in GTA IV.

In fact there are a host of suggestions across this board on how to cope with Tank Griefers.

Hell I've been in many a lobby where the Tank Griefer ends up having the room turn on them because yeah, we all have tanks too.

Love my Rhino almost as much as I love shooting people out of theirs!

• Toke and ten-a-penny like this

#UpgradeOrDie
  • #UpgradeOrDie

jailbroked

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:58 AM

Best strategy on foot to destroy a tank in less than 5 seconds:

1. Call Lester to hide you from the radar

2. Get your grenade launcher out (if you are a lower level, sticky bombs will do)

3. Aim for the back side of the tank indicated by the red circle

NgA6wJ3.jpg

4. Takes only 4 shots from the grenade launcher, and since it shoots very fast and accurately, you can destroy a 100% health tank in less than 5 seconds

Try it.

• vanRooney30 likes this

SteveNYC81
  • SteveNYC81

One Shot One Kill

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:08 AM

As soon as I'm entering GTA Online, the first  sounds I listen for on the loading screen are distant explosions. Then I know I'm going to stay awhile :evilgrin: 

• EyeMacHunt and DangerZone77 like this

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:09 AM

As soon as I'm entering GTA Online, the first  sounds I listen for on the loading screen are distant explosions. Then I know I'm going to stay awhile :evilgrin: 

Same. Tank rounds are like music to my ears.
  • SteveNYC81 likes this

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Girlwitbigtits

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:10 AM

How about putting a timer on how often you can call your tank? Just like mercenaries and bounties. 

• GrottiCollector likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users