Photo

I've Come to Believe...

60 replies to this topic
caddymanlnl
  • caddymanlnl

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:21 PM

I like jumps jumps jumps and drift king. They're fun.

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:55 PM

Jumps jumps jump is horrid.

Nothing but bullsh*t during that race.
  • Brazilian Mermaid, WBaker and JointlessNL like this

PerceusSOZ
  • PerceusSOZ

gtaforumsmods.freeforums.net

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:23 PM

Verified jobs are total sh*t. I mean can't they at least verify something that is well-loved by the public?

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:50 PM

I will give it a Thumbs down vote if sucks ......Drift Kings is the only thumbs up i have given so far........

That one wasn't bad. I did play it using utility vehicles and while that was hilarious I can not speak to how good of a drifting map it is.

ThaUglyCupcake
  • ThaUglyCupcake

Hooligan

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:29 PM

try mine, Goofy Roofy, an awkward bike race onna roof (might wanna keep an eye on tha radar)

and Mow It!, a utility vehicle race with moltovs and jumps...kinda silly

B3astGTS
  • B3astGTS

Why? Because cash cards...

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:58 PM Edited by B3astGTS, 05 January 2014 - 05:59 PM.

The only way to fix the job verification is to leave it in Rockstar's hands, and hope they start making an effort to actually verify the jobs. Ideally and realistically as far as races are concerned, Rockstar would at the very least race one lap on each track to get an idea of if it works and if it is good (should have close to the same standards as the Rockstar Created maps). Not sure how they could efficiently test DM maps.

No option that involves public opinion will work as you'll end up with the same exposure/popularity skewed results that gave us the current garbage for verified jobs. The best we could do as the public would be to come up with recommendations for minimum standards that races and dm maps should meet in order to be verified.

gear999
  • gear999

I need to change my picture

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:01 PM

People wanted the creator...

Now they're mad about it because of the kiddies using it.

Pitch~Black
  • Pitch~Black

Peon

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:09 PM

It's sad, yes. Not unexpected, to me at least. I've seen it before in other games where user created content was available. Back in the days of Unreal Tournament I learned the various editing tools of every game in the series to a near professional level. I made literally hundreds of maps that a lot of thought, time and enginuity were put in to. Yet they'd get burried on servers in favor of the hundreds of the most horribly basic user maps that I could have created in literally less than 5 minutes. I learned that people just like garbage, apparently.

R* made it into a popularity contest, too. Big mistake. I'm guessing there are fantastic races and DM's out there that won't get played because the creators don't have a zillion teenie-bopper friends to "like" thier creations.

It wouldn't be bad idea for R* to hold a public contest with prizes and such. But not base entries on something as meaningless as community "likes". Let everyone interested submit one DM and one race entry. Then let R* developers themselves judge the entries based on actual merit and quality. Weed them out down to the 10-15 absolute best "winners" and add those to the game. If R* keeps adding user generated crap the way they have so far it's going to dilute the game into being full of mostly mediocre to poor races and DM's.

• saintsrow likes this

Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

Old Fart

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:25 PM

I saw this coming.  Didn't Rockstar basically say that Verified Jobs would just be jobs that got the most likes?

I'm disappointed in them, but really what are you going to do?

At least now I know when the mission creator comes out, I'm going to have to whore out my work ASAP if I want it to be popular.

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:27 PM

Jesus christ. Stop your constant f*cking whining. Is GTA V incredibly so bad?

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

Not The Nicest Guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:27 PM

That is absolutely not the point of this thread.

People are mad because they put in effort to create cool races and Rockstar chose some of the dumbest races based on name alone, it seems.

• saintsrow and Biohazard Abyss like this

gear999
  • gear999

I need to change my picture

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:29 PM

That is absolutely not the point of this thread.

People are mad because they put in effort to create cool races and Rockstar chose some of the dumbest races based on name alone, it seems.

That's what I meant. Great jobs get no likes while kids' friends always like their jobs so they get verified.

Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

Old Fart

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:29 PM Edited by liquidussnake119, 05 January 2014 - 06:30 PM.

Didn't we used to have a sticky or sub forum for showing off created content?

It sucks that the fastest/easiest/dumbest jobs are the ones that get likes, but lets be honest, the majority of GTA Online players are probably between the ages of 6 and 12

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:57 PM

I heard Saving Ryan privates was really bad.

Funny ass name, I'll say lol.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:07 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 05 January 2014 - 08:10 PM.

All the Rockstar verified jobs were created by 12 year old kids who parents work for Rockstar.

Prison Thugz Fight (childish name) is dog crap.  A melee only deathmatch with a prison bus on the map?  How the hell does Rockstar verify this?  All it was, was a dude going around in the bus, smashing into the groups of people fighting each other, getting melee kills?

Jumps Jumps Jumps (oh look, another childish name!)?  Anyone could have come up with this nonsense in 5 minutes.  How can you verify something so basic and sloppy?

Are ANY of these verified jobs good?

Try something: Get into a big crew, make the stupidest job you can imagine, give it a decent name, have them endorse it en masse and see if Rockstar verifies it. Alternatively, make one slightly less retarded, just in case there is at least one employee that actually plays them :)

I have a gut feeling they pick the top x endorsed jobs and apply their stamp :) .

The only way to fix the job verification is to leave it in Rockstar's hands, and hope they start making an effort to actually verify the jobs. Ideally and realistically as far as races are concerned, Rockstar would at the very least race one lap on each track to get an idea of if it works and if it is good (should have close to the same standards as the Rockstar Created maps). Not sure how they could efficiently test DM maps.

No option that involves public opinion will work as you'll end up with the same exposure/popularity skewed results that gave us the current garbage for verified jobs. The best we could do as the public would be to come up with recommendations for minimum standards that races and dm maps should meet in order to be verified.

It IS impossible to verify every single job. Rockstar simply DOES NOT have the manpower to. How do I know? From World of Tanks. Their CEO said, when asked about releasing a map maker tool - it would be more expensive and time consuming to filter all the "My School" and "My Backyard" maps than to create their own maps themselves.

Bolcksta
  • Bolcksta

The Protagonist

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:10 PM

f*cking Rockstar doesn't care at all, it's like they were playing pin the tail on the donkey.

JonesyRogers
  • JonesyRogers

DonnyZingFarka

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:10 PM Edited by JonesyRogers, 05 January 2014 - 08:11 PM.

Wow buddy, aka the OP, seems like you're a bit hard to please

That prison melee only match is genius, and it's incredibly fun and enjoyable to play with some friends. You should try it it sometime..

I do agree with JJJ though, but the prison one? Dude that one is hilarious and is pretty clever in my honest opinion

Bolcksta
  • Bolcksta

The Protagonist

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:14 PM

That prison melee only match is genius, and it's incredibly fun and enjoyable to play with some friends. You should try it it sometime..

I do agree with JJJ though, but the prison one? Dude that one is hilarious and is pretty clever in my honest opinion

It's not about pleasing, it's just the mere fact the jobs which were verified are half-ass crap.

Tritium
  • Tritium

Special Agent

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:16 PM

IKR, my 5 star races which I spent days perfecting with good names and all that are still non verified...

Sucks.
Sucks a lot.

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:17 PM

It's not about pleasing, it's just the mere fact the jobs which were verified are half-ass crap.

Actually most of them are fun (I haven't played two of them so far though).  The only one I haven't really enjoyed yet is Seal Team Six.  Saving Ryan's Privates has a terrible name and can be fun, unless one team loses their tanks.

JointlessNL
  • JointlessNL

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:20 PM

Come help me make my jobs verified :p

B3astGTS
  • B3astGTS

Why? Because cash cards...

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:21 AM

It IS impossible to verify every single job. Rockstar simply DOES NOT have the manpower to. How do I know? From World of Tanks. Their CEO said, when asked about releasing a map maker tool - it would be more expensive and time consuming to filter all the "My School" and "My Backyard" maps than to create their own maps themselves.

Not saying they'll be able to verify every job, just that it's the process they should follow. I would imagine 5-10 maps per month (at least races) wouldn't be that hard to verify assuming you ran one lap to see how well it worked.

Hotaru99
  • Hotaru99

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:24 AM

good point developers never liked to be out done by their customers, makes sense.

Not all of them. Bethesda has made a business model out of helping their customers show them up.

MrHollick
  • MrHollick

W9SMH

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:38 AM

I totally agree everything I've seen so far verified is ridiculous. It really gives people that spend hours designing and testing and refining our content a hard time.

These verified ones are races people throw together in five minutes and are just pos.

I welcome you guys to try my motorcycle race, which gives 4k RP and $7000 for two laps and takes four minutes. I would love to hear your thoughts and if you sincerely don't believe it is by far one of the best motorcycle races you have ever experienced in game I will give you double your money back!

Here I'm confident enough to even give you a preview! Which I think should be required, also I think people should have to pay to upload their races this would cut out all the crap and only the serious content designers would be left.

So please add this race to your game from the link in my sig and I hope you have a great time!

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:48 AM

It's sad, yes. Not unexpected, to me at least. I've seen it before in other games where user created content was available. Back in the days of Unreal Tournament I learned the various editing tools of every game in the series to a near professional level. I made literally hundreds of maps that a lot of thought, time and enginuity were put in to. Yet they'd get burried on servers in favor of the hundreds of the most horribly basic user maps that I could have created in literally less than 5 minutes. I learned that people just like garbage, apparently.

R* made it into a popularity contest, too. Big mistake. I'm guessing there are fantastic races and DM's out there that won't get played because the creators don't have a zillion teenie-bopper friends to "like" thier creations.

It wouldn't be bad idea for R* to hold a public contest with prizes and such. But not base entries on something as meaningless as community "likes". Let everyone interested submit one DM and one race entry. Then let R* developers themselves judge the entries based on actual merit and quality. Weed them out down to the 10-15 absolute best "winners" and add those to the game. If R* keeps adding user generated crap the way they have so far it's going to dilute the game into being full of mostly mediocre to poor races and DM's.

I played maybe 30+ Unreal user maps, and I liked a fair fraction of them.  A few were exceptional, as you are saying.  So atmospheric, and so clever. 

At least the Unreal online system had a server browser, where the player could use some basic info available for each server, to narrow down his choices.  Rockstar really needs to have a user-created race/mission browser / filter that lets us see huge lists of UCG's along with their metadata, so we can apply filters and narrow down the search space.  The GTA0 lobbies also need a lobby browser, like the Unreal server browser. 

• MrHollick likes this

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:22 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 06 January 2014 - 01:23 PM.

Not saying they'll be able to verify every job, just that it's the process they should follow. I would imagine 5-10 maps per month (at least races) wouldn't be that hard to verify assuming you ran one lap to see how well it worked.

Yup, so they have to employ "Popularity Digging Day". They will have to rely on the "community" to vote, so they pick the most voted jobs. 2 problems:

1. The community stinks. Egocentric pieces of sh*t, concerned only about e-peen and "owning" - based on the fastest possible leveling route.

2. You can end up with creative and great jobs, which are too long to be considered by the above mentioned stinking community noteworthy - therefore getting no votes - therefore forever buried in the tens of thousands of "Leetz Melee Bus" sh*t jobs.

dannybohy
  • dannybohy

Queens of the Damned Crew Founder

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:25 PM

Drift King seems to be the only "acceptable" one in my mind. I believe I've played the rest, and yes, they're pretty much garbage. Makes me wonder how these creators got so many to play their content.

On a different note; been trying to do a lot of higher level (40+) missions and all I've really come across the last 2-3 days are higher ranked people (80+) cluttering up the space doing level <15 jobs. It's also somewhat annoying how often I get these "verified" jobs under my refreshes. 

Drift king is total bullsh*t too. 

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:32 PM Edited by tom_p1980, 06 January 2014 - 01:32 PM.

I could have sworn that Jumps Jumps Jumps has been edited. It seems to stop/finish halfway shorter than what it did. It used to go right down to the Stadium before.

Fox2Quick
  • Fox2Quick

Foxmaster Flex

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:36 PM

The only good one I know of is Drift King and I only know its good because it was made by a crew mate and we tested it a ton of times as he edited it.

wimthetim
  • wimthetim

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:55 PM

we should have a competition through this forum. forum members test submitted races then vote on the best ones. perhaps we could get r* to verify the winners.

better than just complaining.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users