Opinions on Radio Los Santos

75 replies to this topic
Invader_swift
  • Invader_swift

BLACK LIVES MATTER

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:40 AM

Okay, I know the majority of the forum hated the Radio Los Santos, but it's songs reflect today's majority of rap songs. Mostly trap beats and that Atlanta Flavor during todays era. In GTA IV, The Beat had lots of Autotune songs, granted most of you guys probably hated it too but they had songs that reflected the 2007-2009 era which was lots of Autotune. They had songs like "Love Lockdown" by Kanye West which was used with heavy autotune. Back then i remembered many members wanting "old good rap" because that style didn't fit most of y'all just like today's Swagger Rap pisses most of the forum off too. The songs reflect the style rap music has it in right now. Some want Eminem or Drake or other big name rappers to be in the game but that wouldn't work because they don't represent the style that the MAJORITY of rap songs have today. They just have the most mainstream appeal. I was a bigger fan of The Beat than RLS but I understand why the songs in there sound mostly the same. They have Freddie Gibbs and Future, guys. Just a few words by me. Thanks for reading.

stjimmy3
  • stjimmy3

Hater of player haters

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:54 AM

I'm not an expert on rap, but I like the Jay-rock song and all the songs Kendrick Lamar is on. Remind me of the older 90s rap, especially 'Hood Gone Love It"

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:00 AM

Okay, I know the majority of the forum hated the Radio Los Santos, but it's songs reflect today's majority of rap songs. 

No.

I mean, today's radio rap is mostly terrible, but I think R* purposely looked for the worst tracks created. 

Some of the most popular artists are Eminem, Jay Z, or Kayne, but instead they picked the worst music I've ever heard. I'm not even a Kanye fan but anything is better than what they chose. 

Albert Kike
  • Albert Kike

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:11 AM

My opinion. It's complete ASS. Terrible. Horrid. Disgusting. Aside from that Jay Rock track, that's how I feel about the rest. 

• ShadowDog94 likes this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:27 AM

It a great Radio Station

Invader_swift
  • Invader_swift

BLACK LIVES MATTER

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:33 AM

Okay, I know the majority of the forum hated the Radio Los Santos, but it's songs reflect today's majority of rap songs. 

No.

I mean, today's radio rap is mostly terrible, but I think R* purposely looked for the worst tracks created. 

Some of the most popular artists are Eminem, Jay Z, or Kayne, but instead they picked the worst music I've ever heard. I'm not even a Kanye fan but anything is better than what they chose. 

Kanye is better than Eminem, Hova, and everyone in the radio yes i agree, but it reflects the majority of rap songs today.

Kinro
  • Kinro

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:33 AM

I don't know about you guys, but when I heard that mentally handicapped YG song on the radio, I just can't help but laugh.

"Eat that pussy on the first date, then brush my teeth with colgate!"

• FirstLadyofGTA likes this

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most GIFted Member
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:59 AM

That station made me miss the 90s even more. I'm just glad they had the heart to put in West Coast Classics, I consider that station to be R*'s apology for the tracks they picked for RLS.

Zodape
  • Zodape

CABINETS

• The Yardies
  • Argentina

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:35 AM

Considering it had a few popular artists, I was expecting at least one track from Eminem. Even if it's one of his new ones.

SavageSalad
  • SavageSalad

#nojetpack

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:37 AM

A.D.H.D, Ali Bomaye, and How it Was are the only good songs on that station.

• Soda and Soap and I_love_children like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:42 AM

I hated it. But then again, I'm not a big fan of rap.

I wish they had some more "novelty" rap songs, if that's the right word, such as:

Lazor Guns
  • Lazor Guns

Masked Felon

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:46 AM

Considering it had a few popular artists, I was expecting at least one track from Eminem. Even if it's one of his new ones.

I would have liked The Monster to have been featured on RLS.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:07 AM

I just wish they would have picked a little more listenable, less generic tracks in there. It's fine that they wanna reflect modern-day, but come on, it feels I'm listening to the same song over and over.

• Cutter De Blanc likes this

Zodape
  • Zodape

CABINETS

• The Yardies
  • Argentina

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:15 AM

Two words:

Rap God.

Invader_swift
  • Invader_swift

BLACK LIVES MATTER

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:20 AM

that would have been worse, Eminem's production post Encore has been lacking. Lyrics are alright but the beats are mostly wack. Hooks too.

Murder Merlot
  • Murder Merlot

Seller of Memories

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:26 AM Edited by Murder Merlot, 02 January 2014 - 05:34 AM.

None of the songs in Eminem's catalogue would be good to cruise around to in the game.

That being said, having some Eminem tracks would have been far better than the cornball sh*t they chose for RLS.

• Cutter De Blanc and Invader_swift like this

Lil_B_The Basedgod
  • Lil_B_The Basedgod

f*ck the mods

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:30 AM

looking at the tracks that didn't make the cut, rls could've would've and should've been great, but they took out almost ALL the good songs..

Raiden雷電
  • Raiden雷電

I Am Lightning, The Rain Transformed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:53 AM

There definitely should have been a JPOP station, like there was on GTA2. 

icemagi
  • icemagi

Professional Badass

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:59 AM

I liked some RLS songs but it should've had some Childish Gambino if they weren't going for the mainstream approach

Zodape
  • Zodape

CABINETS

• The Yardies
  • Argentina

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:17 AM

None of the songs in Eminem's catalogue would be good to cruise around to in the game.

Rap God.

• BallinOutOfMind likes this

Invader_swift
  • Invader_swift

BLACK LIVES MATTER

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:47 AM

Rap God.
that ain't a cruising song. It needs good production for cruising. The lyrics are good but his beats are sub par.
  • Murder Merlot likes this

Zodape
  • Zodape

CABINETS

• The Yardies
  • Argentina

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:18 AM Edited by Zodape, 02 January 2014 - 07:19 AM.

Rap God.
that ain't a cruising song. It needs good production for cruising. The lyrics are good but his beats are sub par.

Well, it works for me at least.

hellyeah3:16
  • hellyeah3:16

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:24 AM

I liked IV's The Beat Station more than I like this. Atleast IV had mainstream songs like Flashing Lights, how many mainstream songs are in Radio Los Santos? Zero. The game takes place in 2013 and they couldn't get a Kendrick Lamar song from GKMC? An album that has been pretty popular since it's release in October 2012. Don't get me started on the exclusive tracks artists records for the game.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:33 AM

A.D.H.D, Ali Bomaye, and How it Was are the only good songs on that station.

Yeah i do like these songs, ILLuminate isn't too bad either.

How It Was is quite a decent song, i listen to this more than the pop one these days.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:34 AM

Hood Gone Love It I actually like. The rest, meh. "Slow Down" is pretty cool for chases, I guess. That's about it. 

West Coast Classics is what I listen to all the time as Franklin, and mostly in GTA:O, as well. 

"What Would You Do" is great. As well as the more obvious "Next Episode" and "Still Dre", of course. 

"Mind is Playing Tricks On me" is a lot more calmer, and I enjoy just listening to the story told through that one.  

• stjimmy3 likes this

magicalgin
  • magicalgin

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:44 AM

Having lived in SoCal for the past couple years and listening to Power 106 almost every day, I must say RLS is pretty spot on. Hell, they even got Big Boy to DJ/MC for it.

• Invader_swift likes this

Luuk'
  • Luuk'

Sup

• Members
  • Nigeria

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:47 AM

Really like How It Was, Hood Gone Love It, ADHD and ILLuminate.

Rest is meh, except Too Hood and Hold up, hate those ones.

• I_love_children likes this

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:52 AM

I actually like all of the songs on RLS. I think they all fit the game greatly. Just my opinion, though.
  • icemagi likes this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:10 AM

I like that Ali Bomaye song and Hood Gone Love It. The rest of it sounds stupid. Why is this song telling me to Slow Down? f*ck you song. I don't care what kind of "bitches" this other fellow in another song is rapping about. Of course I can't forget the very catchy "NIGGA HOW IT WAS BITCH HOW IT WAS" song.  I think there must be  one or two on there that I don't even pay attention to. 

Shotgunna-Hux
  • Shotgunna-Hux

The mind is a cavern

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:22 AM

I don't listen to contemporary rap (classic is where it's at), but I do like some of the tracks on Radio Los Santos. Particularly Hood Gone Love It by Jay Rock and Kendrick Lamar's songs. A.D.H.D. is my favourite track on the station. I don't know which instrument is used to play the echoing notes in the background, but it sounds very calming. A night-time Los Santos, all the lights around the city, a car, a slow cruising speed and this song. Gives me vibes!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users