Why Buying The Buzzard Is The Best $1.7m You Will Ever Spend

81 replies to this topic
TheStalked
  • TheStalked

ayy lmao

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:37 AM

I wouldn't necessarily say that it's a 'good' buy, as they pretty spawn naturally at every place you have to pick it up from, with the exception of one or 2 places. I'd say the tank is the better buy, since it's much harder to acquire. Although, the tank is just a trolling tool, you get bored of it quickly unless you suck at PvP.

And the tank isn't useful on missions either.

The Buzzard is extremely useful, but like I said it makes the mission too easy.  I get annoyed when I join The Los Santos Connection on hard, expecting a thrill, and two lamers go rushing for their Pegasus Buzzards.

Yeah it sucks on missions, but I don't think the buzzard has much of a purpose on a mission either, since 95% of the missions require you to deliver something, you can't really use the rockets unless you want to fail it. The only time I need a helicopter is when the mission takes place on the other side of the map. But I just request a helicopter pickup and kill the pilot. It's not like the Maverick is slow either, and it's delivered to me.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:38 AM

Yeah it sucks on missions, but I don't think the buzzard has much of a purpose on a mission either, since 95% of the missions require you to deliver something, you can't really use the rockets unless you want to fail it. The only time I need a helicopter is when the mission takes place on the other side of the map. But I just request a helicopter pickup and kill the pilot. It's not like the Maverick is slow either, and it's delivered to me.

If you know where the package is, it's not a problem.

Unlike the fools who shoot rockets at the coke in The Los Santos Connection :angry:

KennethMBB
  • KennethMBB

Loose as I made your mother last night

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:41 AM

I'm pretty good with the jet and buzzard and somewhat ok with the annihilator. My choice for which ever to run too would be the buzzard. I've taken numerous jets out of the sky with it and 100% killed everyone from an annihilator who tried coming at me. For ground attacks its much easier to maneuver around and blow up a target. The only downfall is when there are cops in the area and it autolocks on them damn pigs. Other than that I'll string 10-20 kills in a minute with a buzzard. Just in a lobby yesterday and I took 5 speeding cars out in under 5 minutes. Its all about shooting where they will be, not where they are. The jet takes to long to come back and do a swoop down and half the time missing the target because they move out of the swoop area. Lets not forget you can kill people with buzzard when they try hiding under bridges and parking garages. Eyemachunt will vouch for it.

• EyeMacHunt likes this

TheStalked
  • TheStalked

ayy lmao

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:44 AM

If you know where the package is, it's not a problem.

Unlike the fools who shoot rockets at the coke in The Los Santos Connection :angry:

You can't help it sometimes though, the dodgy auto-aim that switches target last second can be annoying.

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:45 AM

I'm pretty good with the jet and buzzard and somewhat ok with the annihilator. My choice for which ever to run too would be the buzzard. I've taken numerous jets out of the sky with it and 100% killed everyone from an annihilator who tried coming at me. For ground attacks its much easier to maneuver around and blow up a target. The only downfall is when there are cops in the area and it autolocks on them damn pigs. Other than that I'll string 10-20 kills in a minute with a buzzard. Just in a lobby yesterday and I took 5 speeding cars out in under 5 minutes. Its all about shooting where they will be, not where they are. The jet takes to long to come back and do a swoop down and half the time missing the target because they move out of the swoop area. Lets not forget you can kill people with buzzard when they try hiding under bridges and parking garages. Eyemachunt will vouch for it.

I only wish there was a stat in social club for passenger rocket kills in the buzzard. Yours and broken's would be in the thousands hahaha.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:46 AM

You can't help it sometimes though, the dodgy auto-aim that switches target last second can be annoying.

As long as you keep the Buzzard steady, that shouldn't happen.

Flyby29
  • Flyby29

"Settle Down Captain Happy"

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:47 AM

As long as you keep the Buzzard steady, that shouldn't happen.

Try keeping it steady in the rain stupid helicopter and airplane mechanics

stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

He's coming for you...

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:51 AM

Yup buzzard ftw. Bounty hunters best friend

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:09 PM

Unless I'm in an aircraft the Buzzard doesn't concern me at all. While the rockets are missing me I have plenty of time to shoot the pilot.
  • GankThis110 likes this

hvcciookay
  • hvcciookay

• Members
  • Wallis-And-Futuna

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:43 PM

Buzzard pilots have pretty much been sniper bait lately. You still have to get half leveled with your target which leaves you facing them with a basically a huge window. For missions, yes. Free-Roam shenanigans against other players, nope. 

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:41 PM

Unless I'm in an aircraft the Buzzard doesn't concern me at all. While the rockets are missing me I have plenty of time to shoot the pilot.

Sniping a Buzzard pilot from long distance with the heavy sniper, getting that amazing one-shot kill :inlove:

I know EyeMacHunt is reading this like "Bitch, I do that 50 times a day."

:lol:

• EyeMacHunt likes this

PlamenVT
  • PlamenVT

MAINfella

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:58 PM

Just another recommendation - if you like to go hunting with your Buzzard - definitely do that in Free-aim lobby.

The reason is simple - as the Buzzard cannot lock on ground players, you should be in free-aim which also disables your ground enemies from locking on you. That's "fair" battle.

I've made so many awesome frags with the Buzzard :)  Plus from my 2500 kills, at least 350 were made with the Buzzard.

stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

He's coming for you...

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:04 PM

Ehh, I'm really not a fan of buzzards or tanks. And they're not that hard to void.

115242.gif

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:05 PM

Waste of money since you get the buzzard for free at any helipad...

stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

He's coming for you...

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:06 PM

you people think a buzzard can't f' someone up in a assisted aim lobby, you just don't get it.

PEEK A BOOM

DS Monkfish
  • DS Monkfish

Doesn't know how to do good avatars

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:09 PM

Not in most missions, though. That's when having your own is great.

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:14 PM

Dude that would mean you'd need to complete more than 1.7m worth of missions to make that worth it... Totally not worth it. Get a tank instead.

DS Monkfish
  • DS Monkfish

Doesn't know how to do good avatars

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:53 PM

Dude that would mean you'd need to complete more than 1.7m worth of missions to make that worth it... Totally not worth it. Get a tank instead.

It's definitely a luxury purchase, no doubt about that. Takes quite a bit of saving but it doesn't really take that long to get one. Only costs $250,000 more than a tank and can be bought at a lower level. I love mine, and it was definitely worth it for me - start mission, grab Buzzard, get to mission in no time and rain down death from above. Tanks are good, but they take aaaages to get to the mission. I have one but I hardly ever use it.

The grind to save up the $1.75m was quickly forgotten once I could obliterate high level missions solo with my nippy little heli. Other people's mileage may vary, but I don't regret buying mine at all.

Areacode8O8
  • Areacode8O8

Phuken Ninja

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:12 PM

I have fun using mine on missions only. Who knows maybe they'll add auto lock on players too just like the cops then they'll really be useful

Valdorien
  • Valdorien

Cheater Hater

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:22 PM

The Buzzard can also easily beat the Rhino Tank if you have a co-pilot.

jwyleski
  • jwyleski

has evolved!

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:21 PM

Health is pretty fragile at level 5 on my new acct, couple of pistol shots & ur close to death, so I invested in a shark card & got myself the buzzard & tank. Now the tank is great for free roam but the buzzard is excellent for missions when u can use standoff ability, hover & fire rockets from a safe distance with no danger to yourself. Definitely beats dying repeatedly.

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:39 PM Edited by Black Rabbit, 21 January 2014 - 09:41 PM.

WRONG !

The missiles on the buzzard are really crap, and since the annihilator got its machine guns buffed. It is the superior choice when it comes to helis.

True the buzzard is technically more maneuverable but also due to that it can end up being rather fidgety. Something much less frequent with the annihilator, thus enabling better aiming.

I would admit to the buzzard being the better choice pre- annihilator buff, but the patch changed the status quo when it comes to helicopters in my humble opinion :p

What patch buffed the annihilator?

I think it was 1.07. The guns do some serious damage now.

This is excellent information as I haven't got in an Annihilator for a long time because it's weak guns weren't worth the trouble of a slow, hard to maneuver heli. 

I'll have to give it another go to see how much damage its guns put out. 

I have fun using mine on missions only. Who knows maybe they'll add auto lock on players too just like the cops then they'll really be useful

I would MUCH rather have them just remove the auto-lock on all together. I've gotten pretty good at aiming the missiles unless there are cops around that it locks onto. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users