Why Buying The Buzzard Is The Best $1.7m You Will Ever Spend

81 replies to this topic
StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:07 AM

When you are chasing a moving car, the annihilator will do a better job of dispatching them.

I am pretty good with the missiles on the buzzard when chasing cars and I find the annihilator is a bit gumby to fly, especially with all the power poles and trees that render at the last second. I just wish you could take the missile auto lock onto cops off. 

Well it's a matter of personal preference, I find aiming with the annihilator much more practical while still being on the move. Just my humble opinion :p

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:08 AM

When you are chasing a moving car, the annihilator will do a better job of dispatching them.

I am pretty good with the missiles on the buzzard when chasing cars and I find the annihilator is a bit gumby to fly, especially with all the power poles and trees that render at the last second. I just wish you could take the missile auto lock onto cops off. 

Well it's a matter of personal preference, I find aiming with the annihilator much more practical while still being on the move. Just my humble opinion :p

I might just need to clock more hours in the annihilator. I used to love chasing people across the map in GTA4 in the annihilator.

• StewNorth likes this

Art:Vandelay
  • Art:Vandelay

Architect, Latex Producer, Marine Biologist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:10 AM

WRONG !

The missiles on the buzzard are really crap, and since the annihilator got its machine guns buffed. It is the superior choice when it comes to helis.

True the buzzard is technically more maneuverable but also due to that it can end up being rather fidgety. Something much less frequent with the annihilator, thus enabling better aiming.

I would admit to the buzzard being the better choice pre- annihilator buff, but the patch changed the status quo when it comes to helicopters in my humble opinion :p

the attack buzzard is faster than the annihilator so technically in a dogfight the attack buzzard cant lose as the annihilator has terrible range and is slow.

The attack buzzards guns do suck though and missile lock on is annoying for most circumstances.

Here is a video that shows how piss poor the guns on the attack buzzard

VIDEO

My choices in free roam go as follows:

1 - Jet
2 - Attack Buzzard
3 - Annihilator

I will compromise and say that it depends on the type of enemy you are fighting.

If you are chasing a ground vehicle : Annihilator
If you are going sniping : Buzzard
If you are dogfighting in the air : Jet

no, I corrected it for you, and the reason the annihilator is worse for ground targets is because its slow (cant keep up with customised cars), and a rockets takes out a personal car in seconds, the annihilator takes a while on 100% armour:

If you are chasing a ground vehicle : Buzzard / jet
Carrying 6 people : Annihilator

Chasing a ground vehicle is an annihilator jobs the missiles can shoot through the roof without destroying the car unlike the buzzard which will either destroy the car with rockets and send you to bs while the missiles will do nothing

Original_Tonks
  • Original_Tonks

Flight Instructor

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:10 AM

we could always play a game, if you can kill me in a personal vehicle with an annihilator while on the run faster than I kill you in one of yours with a buzzards rockets or a jet, you win.

at the end of the day the annihilator is doomed due to its slow lumbering nature on GTA5.

tonicmix
  • tonicmix

Just wants to watch the world burn.

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:12 AM

That would be true if the target is stationary or onfoot to be able to whip out the RPG.

No, just no. One rocket takes out anything except a tank on the ground and the splash damage is 100%. I don't even have to get a single direct hit to kill a whole heap of muh-f*ckers. Ever since I bought my Buzzard I've actually been shocked people don't complain about it more than the tank. Maybe you suck balls at lining up shots and leading targets with the rockets but... not everyone does. It's incredibly arrogant to assume no one can use superior armaments better than you when you consider that millions of people play this game.

Look at it this way, you admitted it's faster and more maneuverable. To add to that it has rockets which are simply more powerful than machine guns. That means that on paper it's simply a better machine and that you picking the inferior weapon is just personal preference that you're more comfortable with, and if that's the case, someone who has taken the time to master the superior weapon has the advantage.

• wrh117, maschil and baconbosssauce like this

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

Die Hard is a Christmas movie

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:14 AM

WRONG !

The missiles on the buzzard are really crap, and since the annihilator got its machine guns buffed. It is the superior choice when it comes to helis.

True the buzzard is technically more maneuverable but also due to that it can end up being rather fidgety. Something much less frequent with the annihilator, thus enabling better aiming.

I would admit to the buzzard being the better choice pre- annihilator buff, but the patch changed the status quo when it comes to helicopters in my humble opinion :p

the attack buzzard is faster than the annihilator so technically in a dogfight the attack buzzard cant lose as the annihilator has terrible range and is slow.

The attack buzzards guns do suck though and missile lock on is annoying for most circumstances.

Here is a video that shows how piss poor the guns on the attack buzzard are:

1 - Jet
2 - Attack Buzzard
3 - Annihilator

I will compromise and say that it depends on the type of enemy you are fighting.

no, I corrected it for you, and the reason the annihilator is worse for ground targets is because its slow (cant keep up with customised cars)

To be fair, if you're in a city, buzzard isn't going to do jack sh*t either if the driver knows the city.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:15 AM

It makes missions boring.  It does all the work for you, but of course I do agree it's good for fast-travel but a Frogger would be a better decision.

Original_Tonks
  • Original_Tonks

Flight Instructor

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:16 AM

WRONG !

Here is a video that shows how piss poor the guns on the attack buzzard are:

1 - Jet
2 - Attack Buzzard
3 - Annihilator

no, I corrected it for you, and the reason the annihilator is worse for ground targets is because its slow (cant keep up with customised cars)

To be fair, if you're in a city, buzzard isn't going to do jack sh*t either if the driver knows the city.

Only if the driver hides under inaccessible bridges... otherwise the city is easy for a good pilot to traverse in any aerial vehicle, especially the attack buzzard

ToMuchMayo
  • ToMuchMayo

Snitch

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:21 AM

WRONG !

Pretty sure the missiles can lock on to the annihilator making them not really crap.

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

• Members
  • China

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:26 AM Edited by StewNorth, 02 January 2014 - 01:29 AM.

Didn't expect so much hate for supporting the anni lol

It does have its drawbacks like I mentionned previously, but if I'm chasing a bounty on the move in a ground vehicle for example, I'd rather get my annihilator anyday than my buzzard. Not forcing it upon anyone, it's just my personal preference.

Bear in mind I wouldn't even get near the anni pre-1.07. I'm just giving it a bit of love since its guns actually make a difference now.

You guys keep doing your thing, and I'll keep doing mine ;)

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:27 AM Edited by Flyby29, 02 January 2014 - 01:29 AM.

WRONG !

Pretty sure the missiles can lock on to the annihilator making them not really crap.
If it was air to air combat than the lazer would be the way to go, if it's air to moving pr than it's the annillilator if its air to moving non pv than buzzard. Overall travel is the flogger

Original_Tonks
  • Original_Tonks

Flight Instructor

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:27 AM

WRONG !

the lock on doesn't work well. It would actually be easier to use in dogfights if they took it away.

This video has a few dogfights in it that will show you what I mean. But all any of the buzzards had to do was move out of my range... Then we would have both just sat there looking at each other

Shaundi.
  • Shaundi.

Asha! That light has a family!

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:29 AM

It spawns all the time in my game. Why would I buy it?

Because helicopters don't spawn at numerous helipads while on missions. Therefore you can call Pegasus to deliver one at anytime even on missions.

Original_Tonks
  • Original_Tonks

Flight Instructor

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:30 AM

WRONG !

If it was air to air combat than the lazer would be the way to go, if it's air to moving pr than it's the annillilator if its air to moving non pv than buzzard. Overall travel is the euro copter

the jet is actually the best thing for personal vehicles by far. Your only argument for the annihilator is bad sport. And even then its too slow to keep up with most personal vehicles, so the attack buzzard would make more sense.

tonicmix
  • tonicmix

Just wants to watch the world burn.

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:30 AM

It does have its draw back like I mentionned previously, but if I'm chasing a bounty on the move in a vehicle for example, I'd rather get my annihilator anyday than my buzzard. Not forcing it upon anyone, it's just my personal preference.

Bear in mind I wouldn't even get near the anni pre-1.07. I'm just giving it a bit of love since its guns actually make a difference now.

If you read any of my post you'd see that it was logic and experience not this blanket of 'hate' you're accusing us of. I don't harness any ill will towards any inanimate objects, especially not inanimate objects in a virtual world. But objectively speaking I find the Buzzard to be a superior piece of equipment, that is all.

Original_Tonks
  • Original_Tonks

Flight Instructor

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:32 AM

It does have its draw back like I mentionned previously, but if I'm chasing a bounty on the move in a vehicle for example, I'd rather get my annihilator anyday than my buzzard. Not forcing it upon anyone, it's just my personal preference.

If you read any of my post you'd see that it was logic and experience not this blanket of 'hate' you're accusing us of. I don't harness any ill will towards any inanimate objects, especially not inanimate objects in a virtual world. But objectively speaking I find the Buzzard to be a superior piece of equipment, that is all.

and your opinion is valid, it is better

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

• Members
  • China

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:33 AM Edited by StewNorth, 02 January 2014 - 01:34 AM.

Relax man, I was just referring to everyone jumping on the "annihilator is no good" bandwagon, it's kinda faster to type a four letter word than explaining everything again in detail.

And like I said, I respect your point of views. Personally the annihilator works well for me, if it didn't, I wouldn't have started advocating for it :)

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:34 AM

the lock on doesn't work well. It would actually be easier to use in dogfights if they took it away.

This video has a few dogfights in it that will show you what I mean. But all any of the buzzards had to do was move out of my range... Then we would have both just sat there looking at each other

So it's TBoGT all over again?

Buzzards being for novices and Annihilators being for veterans?

MAR10HD
  • MAR10HD

◕‿ ◕

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:34 AM

It spawns all the time in my game. Why would I buy it?

You buy it because you can use it in missions. Helicopters do not spawn during missions.

Except in fort Zancudo along with tanks and jets. They all spawn most missions.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:37 AM

[quote name="Original_Tonks" post="1064428641" timestamp="1388626218"][quote name="Flyby29" post="1064428630" timestamp="1388626054"]
[quote name="ToMuchMayo" post="1064428597" timestamp="1388625715"]
[quote name="StewNorth" post="1064428319" timestamp="1388623309"]
WRONG !

[/quote]
Pretty sure the missiles can lock on to the annihilator making them not really crap.[/quote]

If it was air to air combat than the lazer would be the way to go, if it's air to moving pr than it's the annillilator if its air to moving non pv than buzzard. Overall travel is the euro copter
[/quote]

the jet is actually the best thing for personal vehicles by far. Your only argument for the annihilator is bad sport. And even then its too slow to keep up with most personal vehicles, so the attack buzzard would make more sense.[/quote
If you've been shooting up cars with the laser lately than you would probably need to refrain from destroying pv for awhile

Original_Tonks
  • Original_Tonks

Flight Instructor

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:38 AM

no because the annihilator is SOOOOO much slower than the attack buzzard. Anyone with sense is cruising in the jet, video is relevant:

They need to make it purchasable and let us by hangars!

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

• Members
  • China

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:40 AM Edited by StewNorth, 02 January 2014 - 01:47 AM.

no because the annihilator is SOOOOO much slower than the attack buzzard. Anyone with sense is cruising in the jet, video is relevant:

Well, the second the jet becomes purchasable all the other helis will become redundant, save the Buzzard for sniping purposes.

PS. I would add that I see a lot of people using the "dogfight" argument to debate which would win between a buzzard and the annihilator.

There would be no doubt which one wins when you take in consideration that buzzards can just auto-missile your ass. But let's be honest for a second and see how often you have several helis fighting each other in freeroam. Maybe that's just been my experience, but it hardly ever happens. So for me, when it comes to picking an heli to attack ground targets (which is generally why I would get my heli out) I find the annihilator much more practical.

No need to worry about stupid autolock, amazing guns and the handling is no way near as bad as what people say. The RPGs are so easily telegraphed anyway it's a breeze dodging them...even in a cargobob lol.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:40 AM Edited by Biohazard Abyss, 02 January 2014 - 01:40 AM.

Well of course but getting a jet is inconvenient. 

I'm just comparing the helicopters, because in TLAD and TBoGT the Annihilator was OP as f*ck when in the right hands, due to almost instant-kill explosive rounds.

Original_Tonks
  • Original_Tonks

Flight Instructor

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:44 AM Edited by Original_Tonks, 02 January 2014 - 01:47 AM.

I'm just comparing the helicopters, because in TLAD and TBoGT the Annihilator was OP as f*ck when in the right hands, due to almost instant-kill explosive rounds.

it was OP in standard GTA4, it just became ridiculously OP in the expansions. Even a sh*t pilot could slaughter an entire game. Annihilator was king in 4, :) long live the days of helicopters.

takeral
  • takeral

Trick

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:56 AM

I bought it but cant find it...?? Do you need to call someone?

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

• Members
  • China

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:59 AM

I bought it but cant find it...?? Do you need to call someone?

Call pegasus. It's in your phone contacts, generally the 3rd one up from the bottom.

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:19 AM

it was OP in standard GTA4, it just became ridiculously OP in the expansions. Even a sh*t pilot could slaughter an entire game. Annihilator was king in 4, :) long live the days of helicopters.

Meeeeemorieeeees.

The air battles in 4 and TBOGT were ultimate. And that race across the map to get a heli and watching noob pilots crash into the bridge.

Ayylien
  • Ayylien

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:28 AM

I wouldn't necessarily say that it's a 'good' buy, as they pretty spawn naturally at every place you have to pick it up from, with the exception of one or 2 places. I'd say the tank is the better buy, since it's much harder to acquire. Although, the tank is just a trolling tool, you get bored of it quickly unless you suck at PvP.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:29 AM

I wouldn't necessarily say that it's a 'good' buy, as they pretty spawn naturally at every place you have to pick it up from, with the exception of one or 2 places. I'd say the tank is the better buy, since it's much harder to acquire. Although, the tank is just a trolling tool, you get bored of it quickly unless you suck at PvP.

And the tank isn't useful on missions either.

The Buzzard is extremely useful, but like I said it makes the mission too easy.  I get annoyed when I join The Los Santos Connection on hard, expecting a thrill, and two lamers go rushing for their Pegasus Buzzards.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:33 AM

The jet should be purchasable without guns and the one with the guns should forever remain in fort zancudo

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users