LeAristocrat
  • LeAristocrat

YouTuber

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:36 AM

Why Buying The Buzzard Is The Best $1.7m You Will Ever Spend

35n0dqw.jpg

In GTA Online, expenses and spending are probably the only constants. Whether it's modding a brand new vehicle or having a shootout with some now dead spawn campers, both drain your your pockets.

Recently, I found myself at the menu in a mission and saw a price tag of "$167,000 to buy all ammo?" staring me in the face. Good Lord! I hadn't realized ammo added up to be that much!

In addition to the essential home, weapons, cars, and toys all cost a bunch of money but what is the best all around value? If you've received a crapload of money, you may never have to ask yourself this question, but If you're just starting out or your funds are a little limited, you probably have asked yourself this question several times.

On the larger scale of things, this decision could be very important. Here are my reasons why the Buzzard Attack Helicopter is the best bang for your buck and why it should be your next purchase if you haven't bought one already:

• It's a Helicopter - You can easily travel across the map or get on top of a roof (no need for a large landing area or runway).
  • It's fast & maneuverable - The Buzzard is one of the fastest, if not the fastest, helicopter in the game, and extremely maneuverable which makes it perfect for getting in and out of hostile situations or fighting enemies on the ground.
  • Firepower - It's mounted guns and auto locking missiles make taking NPC enemy targets and vehicles out a breeze! (Be careful not to destroy your objective :p )
  • It can hold up four people - It is the perfect team vehicle. You can carry three of your buddies with you and get them safely in and out of combat zones with cover.
  • Co-pilot missile control - The co-pilot has the awesome ability to aim and fire missiles at will and can take out enemies, giving you time to focus on flying and dodging enemy fire.

These points make the Buzzard Attack Chopper the most versatile vehicle in the game. It's capabilities make it an awesome offensive vehicle and THE BEST vehicle to use on missions (and I would imagine heists as well). It's abilities allow it to pay for itself, over time, which make it the best purchase for your money!

• Ninja_Gear, Clueless Muffin, Shaundi. and 11 others like this

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:40 AM

Please also add:

- size. Nice and small and fits easily into hiding spots on rooftops out of sight. This way you get to watch retards doing laps around the base of the building you are on after you snipe them. One of the most important parts of sniping is having transport/escape route. Keeping the buzzard out of sight is key to remaining hidden and not letting people destroy it.

• KamikaziOtter, LeAristocrat, thefik and 2 others like this

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

Die Hard is a Christmas movie

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:40 AM

Ehh, I'm really not a fan of buzzards or tanks. And they're not that hard to void.

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:41 AM Edited by StewNorth, 02 January 2014 - 12:45 AM.

WRONG !

The missiles on the buzzard are really crap, and since the annihilator got its machine guns buffed. It is the superior choice when it comes to helis.

True the buzzard is technically more maneuverable but also due to that it can end up being rather fidgety. Something much less frequent with the annihilator, thus enabling better aiming.

I would admit to the buzzard being the better choice pre- annihilator buff, but the patch changed the status quo when it comes to helicopters in my humble opinion :p

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Girlwitbigtits

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:42 AM

I agree.

thefik
  • thefik

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:42 AM

i like it for when I go sniping.  it's the easiest to land on rooftops

• codename_duchess likes this

Art:Vandelay
  • Art:Vandelay

Architect, Latex Producer, Marine Biologist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:44 AM

You can also steal a lazer for free with exploding missiles and rockets plus it goes really fast

Steve
  • Steve

Combat Pistol Marksman

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:44 AM

EyeMacHunt  beat me to it. Snipers best friend, and easiest to hide. Though I like the Frogger and how it maneuvers as well, the Buzzard wins with its compactness.

• EyeMacHunt, LeAristocrat and codename_duchess like this

deanstroyer
  • deanstroyer

West Side White Boy

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:45 AM

i bought my buzzard when it went on sale for 1.3 mil. the annilahtor is cool but it is too slow and has poor manuverability 

K-ROSE
  • K-ROSE

45 mins Southeast of Thibodaux, Louisiana

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:47 AM

It spawns all the time in my game. Why would I buy it? 

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

• Members
  • China

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:47 AM Edited by StewNorth, 02 January 2014 - 12:48 AM.

EyeMacHunt  beat me to it. Snipers best friend, and easiest to hide. Though I like the Frogger and how it maneuvers as well, the Buzzard wins with its compactness.

To get around to snipe, it is indeed a better way to travel but good luck taking down ground vehicles with it compared to the annihilator.

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:48 AM

WRONG !

The missiles on the buzzard are really crap, and since the annihilator got its machine guns buffed. It is the superior choice when it comes to helis.

True the buzzard is technically more maneuverable but also due to that it can end up being rather fidgety. Something much less frequent with the annihilator, thus enabling better aiming.

I would admit to the buzzard being the better choice pre- annihilator buff, but the patch changed the status quo when it comes to helicopters in my humble opinion :p

What patch buffed the annihilator?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:48 AM

For missions

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

• Members
  • China

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:49 AM

WRONG !

What patch buffed the annihilator?

I think it was 1.07. The guns do some serious damage now.

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:50 AM

To get around to snipe, it is indeed a better way to travel but good luck taking down ground vehicles with it compared to the annihilator.

That's what my RPG is for.

tonicmix
  • tonicmix

Just wants to watch the world burn.

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:50 AM Edited by tonicmix, 02 January 2014 - 12:51 AM.

WRONG !

What I think you fail to realize is that even if you're the best Annihilator pilot in the world and you can hit me with your miniguns more easily than I can hit you (which is still unlikely because you're a bigger slower target), at any point during the fight I can just decide I don't like it and leave and you're simply not going to be able to run me down. And afterwards I can wait around until you're doing something else or fighting something on the ground, which is MUCH harder for you by the way, and put a lock on rocket right up your butt (no homo).

• REEFRIED likes this

G37
  • G37

G

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:51 AM

I quite love this little toy. I find myself calling for it and using it often on missions mostly. I loved the Annihilator in IV, but it just doesn't quite feel the same to me in V.

On pricing, I bought mine a ways back at $1.75M I think it was. Correct me if I'm wrong, and I haven't looked in a while, but didn't it receive a price bump to $2m?

• kilopm likes this

SJH1991
  • SJH1991

Scotland's finest

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:52 AM

I find it incredibly easy to kill someone in a buzzard

MrHollick
  • MrHollick

W9SMH

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:53 AM

You buy it because you can use it in missions. Helicopters do not spawn during missions.

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

• Members
  • China

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:54 AM

That's what my RPG is for.

WRONG !

What I think you fail to realize is that even if you're the best Annihilator pilot in the world and you can hit me with your miniguns more easily than I can hit you (which is still unlikely because you're a bigger slower target), at any point during the fight I can just decide I don't like it and leave and you're simply not going to be able to run me down. And afterwards I can wait around until you're doing something else or fighting something on the ground, which is MUCH harder for you by the way, and put a lock on rocket right up your butt (no homo).

That would be true if the target is stationary or onfoot to be able to whip out the RPG.

When you are chasing a moving car, the annihilator will do a better job of dispatching them.

Original_Tonks
  • Original_Tonks

Flight Instructor

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:54 AM

WRONG !

the attack buzzard is faster than the annihilator so technically in a dogfight the attack buzzard cant lose as the annihilator has terrible range and is slow.

The attack buzzards guns do suck though and missile lock on is annoying for most circumstances.

Here is a video that shows how piss poor the guns on the attack buzzard are:

My choices in free roam go as follows:

1 - Jet

2 - Attack Buzzard

3 - Annihilator

• LeAristocrat and Zoobz like this

soundism
  • soundism

Put a bird on it

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:55 AM

I bought one because:
1. As stated before: a snipers best friend
2. Great for soloing certain missions (100+ kills during base invaders at 25rp per kill) totally worth it
3.bounty/tank hunting with friends

LeAristocrat
  • LeAristocrat

YouTuber

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:55 AM

Please also add:

- size. Nice and small and fits easily into hiding spots on rooftops out of sight. This way you get to watch retards doing laps around the base of the building you are on after you snipe them. One of the most important parts of sniping is having transport/escape route. Keeping the buzzard out of sight is key to remaining hidden and not letting people destroy it.

Absolutely, the size helps a lot landing in small spaces and maneuvering in tight areas.

i like it for when I go sniping.  it's the easiest to land on rooftops

I completely agree

You can also steal a lazer for free with exploding missiles and rockets plus it goes really fast

But you can't buy a Lazer. At least not yet anyways ;)

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:56 AM

You can kill people inside moving cars with the anillilator machine gun, unlike the buzzard rockets which would get you bs or the missiles which wouldn't make a dent

K-ROSE
  • K-ROSE

45 mins Southeast of Thibodaux, Louisiana

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:57 AM

You buy it because you can use it in missions. Helicopters do not spawn during missions.

> Implying I do missions...

You best be joking. Haha.

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

Die Hard is a Christmas movie

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:57 AM

I find it incredibly easy to kill someone in a buzzard

Same

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

• Members
  • China

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:58 AM

WRONG !

the attack buzzard is faster than the annihilator so technically in a dogfight the attack buzzard cant lose as the annihilator has terrible range and is slow.

The attack buzzards guns do suck though and missile lock on is annoying for most circumstances.

1 - Jet

2 - Attack Buzzard

3 - Annihilator

I will compromise and say that it depends on the type of enemy you are fighting.

If you are chasing a ground vehicle : Annihilator

If you are going sniping : Buzzard

If you are dogfighting in the air : Jet

Headdogg81
  • Headdogg81

Soldier

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:59 AM

For missions

This. Even FR its handy though. Save you from hunting it down. You may be lucky and have it spawn at your closest airfield but having purchased one guarantees it. No more hunting around the map for a buzzard. On the way to the helipad call pegasus, order buzzard and pick it up. Easy. Just make sure the airfield you pick it up from hasn't got players surrounding it ready to steal it.

Original_Tonks
  • Original_Tonks

Flight Instructor

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:03 AM Edited by Original_Tonks, 02 January 2014 - 01:04 AM.

WRONG !

1 - Jet

2 - Attack Buzzard

3 - Annihilator

I will compromise and say that it depends on the type of enemy you are fighting.

If you are chasing a ground vehicle : Annihilator

no, I corrected it for you, and the reason the annihilator is worse for ground targets is because its slow (cant keep up with customised cars), and a rockets takes out a personal car in seconds, the annihilator takes a while on 100% armour:

If you are chasing a ground vehicle : Buzzard / jet

Carrying 6 people : Annihilator

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:05 AM

When you are chasing a moving car, the annihilator will do a better job of dispatching them.

I am pretty good with the missiles on the buzzard when chasing cars and I find the annihilator is a bit gumby to fly, especially with all the power poles and trees that render at the last second. I just wish you could take the missile auto lock onto cops off. 

• iJuanYouLost and kilopm like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users