Quantcast

» «
Photo

Blips on radar all white as opposed to different colours?

59 replies to this topic
Headdogg81
  • Headdogg81

Soldier

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:29 AM

I dont think the female players would want to be highlighted like that. Well most anyway wouldnt want it. I do like the idea though but lets not specify gender.

maybe take a pole. girls, please take this pole: would you want to be represented as in the map above?

To the unicorn we go... :p

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:32 AM

like this:

e3X1gES.jpg

one thing you would have to think about is when two or more players in one vehicle, what color? driver or a mix of colors or it alternates?

Headdogg81
  • Headdogg81

Soldier

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:40 AM

Probably alternate. That way if you were hunting someone particular down you could see them even if they jump into a passenger seat. Either that or have a half/half circle.

• RealUnimportant likes this

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:57 AM

maybe also show bounty amount somehow $$$ or $$ or $

• Dbns_Finest likes this

kilopm
  • kilopm

The guy who pit-manuevered you the other day

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:55 AM

Probably alternate. That way if you were hunting someone particular down you could see them even if they jump into a passenger seat. Either that or have a half/half circle.

What about 3 or more people in the vehicle?

Headdogg81
  • Headdogg81

Soldier

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:26 AM

Well that blows my idea out the water..... Back to the drawing board.

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:51 AM

also, lester can switch ur color for $1k, switch it with another player for $2k. as for 3+ in a vehicle, guess we'd have to do the alternate flashing thing.or divide it up into a pie, although if somebody got a barracks with 8 or whatever people than back to drawing board.

Mark0101
  • Mark0101

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:00 AM

I like Scubadave idea so far except for the gender.

Another thing that is missing that was in GTA IV was showing you if the player was above or below you. Now that would interfer with the X Scubadave put on the last player that killed you. Would you guys have the X or telling you if the player is above you or below you?

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:25 PM Edited by StormerBoy, 03 January 2014 - 02:26 PM.

I dont think the female players would want to be highlighted like that. Well most anyway wouldnt want it. I do like the idea though but lets not specify gender.

maybe take a pole. girls, please take this pole: would you want to be represented as in the map above?

I think I can speak on behalf of all woman and say that they would love to be segregated like that. Better still, just take the game off them because it is for boys and men.

maybe also show bounty amount somehow $$$ or $$ or $

Again, nice idea in theory, but it will just start making things too complex again. Simplicity it what's neeeded.

also, lester can switch ur color for $1k, switch it with another player for $2k. as for 3+ in a vehicle, guess we'd have to do the alternate flashing thing.or divide it up into a pie, although if somebody got a barracks with 8 or whatever people than back to drawing board.

Yes, I can imagine how superb it will look when all 16 players in the game are in bus together and represented by a small 16 piece pie coloured dot on the map :p

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:27 PM

okay, added your suggestions:

KHdM5PR.jpg

• A J and SecludedMemory like this

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:14 PM

Forgot to add the $ symbol for the bounty, so just imagine it, or if you have a better idea. I also dont remember exactly wat IV used for a player that was above or below you. I thought it was something like it the green guy above, a small arrowhead up since he's on the rooftop.....

ProblemChiild88
  • ProblemChiild88

Trick

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:40 PM

I do miss the blimp colors from IV. But I really don't mind the system now, it could use a little tweaking but overall its ok.

However when someone is in a tank or aircraft I think the blimp color should change.

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:40 AM

However when someone is in a tank or aircraft I think the blimp color should change.

I was thinking the same thing, but actually it would lose the surprise factor of having a tank/heli/airplane,

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

"Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?"

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:55 AM

Yeah bring back the colours, many times I've killed the wrong person

Rented
  • Rented

San Andreas Rewind Lead Developer

• The Connection
  • England

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:48 AM

like this:

e3X1gES.jpg

I like how you want a different blip for girl gamers.

Creeping on dem ugly fatties huh?

• StormerBoy likes this

A J
  • A J

Aggressively Honest

• BUSTED!
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:19 AM

Bring back them colours, the highlight option is just hassle.

It's a lot easier at times to say to your buddies, look out it's that brown asshole again (not being racist here :p) than saying Xxunpronouncablexx....

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:18 AM

Bring back them colours, the highlight option is just hassle.

It's a lot easier at times to say to your buddies, look out it's that brown asshole again (not being racist here :p) than saying Xxunpronouncablexx....

exactly. the highlighting something that is so critical in the game. use it every time. either highlight somebody u need to avoid or somebody you are chasing. instead of an easy, follow the red guy, you have to go to highlight, find the player choose highlight, or use your phone. then its only temporary.

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:41 AM Edited by SLUGFly, 07 January 2014 - 05:41 AM.

"Let's make a game that tosses out every single thing we've ever done right except the demographics-approved stuff."
"Great idea! Then fans will be like 'these guys always keepin it fresh, reinventin!'"

maybe take a pole. girls, please take this pole

Don't know how many times I've said that... Still nothin. :(
  • WBaker likes this

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:42 AM Edited by scubadave, 07 January 2014 - 07:42 AM.

"Let's make a game that tosses out every single thing we've ever done right except the demographics-approved stuff."
"Great idea! Then fans will be like 'these guys always keepin it fresh, reinventin!'"

exactly the feeling i get why i see some of the stuff in 5 vs 4 like the overpowerful robocops in the game that interfere with free mode so much . such a flaw... i can hear them saying something like, "keep it jam-packed with action! cop chases across LS! etc." so they just crank up the cops to a 10 and u look at a cop and get 2 stars. would be good if they implemented it right. so when they see the radar they think the colors worked too well, lets throw em a curve ball, more carnage! etc.

A J
  • A J

Aggressively Honest

• BUSTED!
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:10 AM

I honestly get the impression, nothing in this game was inspired or drawn from GTA IV when it should of been, that game had so many positives. Rockstar don't play their own game. 

• StormerBoy likes this

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:16 AM

I honestly get the impression, nothing in this game was inspired or drawn from GTA IV when it should of been, that game had so many positives. Rockstar don't play their own game. 

Think you just hit the nail on the head.

MikaCuoco
  • MikaCuoco

Rockstar Servers Suck

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:28 PM Edited by MikaCuoco, 07 January 2014 - 02:29 PM.

For the love of God, can we please have other players be highlighted in different colours on the radar, like in IV? I can't be the only one wanting this changed?

It is near impossible to keep track of who killed me and who I need to, and who not to attack back. I know it would create problems with Bounty players being donated the colour red atm etc, but there must be something that can be done!

On a separate note, does anyone also agree the radar is in general to just way too f*cking congested? I mean half that sh*t doesn't need to be on there. Why do I need to know the location of EVERY mission, EVERY safe house that isn't mine, etc?

This ^  ( I want revenge when someone kills me for no reason while I'm minding my own business, And for some reason when I highlight a players blip loads of other blips are flashing,  I know they flash after killing someone but only for a few seconds,  but with me loads of blips are flashing all the time.

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:47 PM

For the love of God, can we please have other players be highlighted in different colours on the radar, like in IV? I can't be the only one wanting this changed?

It is near impossible to keep track of who killed me and who I need to, and who not to attack back. I know it would create problems with Bounty players being donated the colour red atm etc, but there must be something that can be done!

On a separate note, does anyone also agree the radar is in general to just way too f*cking congested? I mean half that sh*t doesn't need to be on there. Why do I need to know the location of EVERY mission, EVERY safe house that isn't mine, etc?

This ^  ( I want revenge when someone kills me for no reason while I'm minding my own business, And for some reason when I highlight a players blip loads of other blips are flashing,  I know they flash after killing someone but only for a few seconds,  but with me loads of blips are flashing all the time.

i get that too, the blips flash when they just killed ppl but sometimes i see 3 or 4 flashing when i know i highlighted just one. and dont get me started on the actually highlighting mechanic. i know there are two ways and the phone way might be easier, but sometimes i used the quick menu and scroll down the list. the list moves up and down and the players resort for some unknown reason at random times. also some people are just not highlightable for some unexplained reason. (temporarily)

Think you just hit the nail on the head.

couldl be something with the multiple studios of rock*,rockstar north vs usa vs. etc. although you'd think theyd have cross polination who knows. also, since its been 5 years since IV im sure a lot of the people are gone, and im talking about the high level directors so the gameplay will be different. just never thought it would be different in a bad way. i like the weapons wheel for example, that was from Max Payne.

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:44 AM

KHdM5PR.jpg

will add it in next version but u should have been able to have more than one car and be able to tell the difference. also your personal pegasus vehicle has the same icon, although they are usually in th esame place for pickup if you leave it somehwere, hard to tell......

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:45 PM

i just had another idea::: what if instead of painting a target with a sniper (for an airstrike, for example) we could plot the point on the maps. actually more realistic. why do we have to physically be near an airstrike. in reality, we'd upload coordinates to the drone or something. so on the map, instead of placing a waypoint we place an airstrike target. would work with any other "dropped" weapon like bigger bombs, EMPs, drones

• StormerBoy likes this

Gr33dyMoney
  • Gr33dyMoney

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:56 PM Edited by Gr33dyMoney, 08 January 2014 - 08:00 PM.

1. They made it all white dots because of bounties, friends & crew members.

2. You can also simplify the map labels

EDIT: IF YOU LIKE GTA 4 BETTER GO PLAY THAT

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:48 PM

i just had another idea::: what if instead of painting a target with a sniper (for an airstrike, for example) we could plot the point on the maps. actually more realistic. why do we have to physically be near an airstrike. in reality, we'd upload coordinates to the drone or something. so on the map, instead of placing a waypoint we place an airstrike target. would work with any other "dropped" weapon like bigger bombs, EMPs, drones

Definitely a better idea. I guess there would be a problem in as much as you calling in an air strike to an area of the map where no one actually is at that moment in time, if you decided to do so, which you wouldn't. If no one is there, I think I am right in thinking that that part of the map won't actually exist, as such it can't be bombed. Although in theory that shouldn't matter because the damage won't save anyway, as with anything. I probably just made no sense.

Fantastic contribution there. Thanks ever so.

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:03 PM

but that's what the post here is about.... how to make it better. you dont need to give up colored blips (which is probably more important than anything else) to have bounties, friends, crews. see picture above for one way it could work.......

• StormerBoy likes this

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:10 PM

Definitely a better idea. I guess there would be a problem in as much as you calling in an air strike to an area of the map where no one actually is at that moment in time, if you decided to do so, which you wouldn't. If no one is there, I think I am right in thinking that that part of the map won't actually exist, as such it can't be bombed. Although in theory that shouldn't matter because the damage won't save anyway, as with anything. I probably just made no sense.

true, guess you could still call in an airstrike on some portion without players, jsut nobody would see it.

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:09 AM

KHdM5PR.jpg

will add it in next version but u should have been able to have more than one car and be able to tell the difference. also your personal pegasus vehicle has the same icon, although they are usually in th esame place for pickup if you leave it somehwere, hard to tell......

this will probably be the version we send into rockstar to request changes. so if there is any other requests, lets us know.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users