Quantcast

» «
Photo

Blips on radar all white as opposed to different colours?

59 replies to this topic
StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:59 PM

For the love of God, can we please have other players be highlighted in different colours on the radar, like in IV? I can't be the only one wanting this changed?

It is near impossible to keep track of who killed me and who I need to, and who not to attack back. I know it would create problems with Bounty players being donated the colour red atm etc, but there must be something that can be done!

On a separate note, does anyone also agree the radar is in general to just way too f*cking congested? I mean half that sh*t doesn't need to be on there. Why do I need to know the location of EVERY mission, EVERY safe house that isn't mine, etc?

• A J, Bombshock, CorporalBean675 and 3 others like this

mrmarcd
  • mrmarcd

Prankster

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:05 PM

Most of this post belongs here.

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:19 PM

For the love of God, can we please have other players be highlighted in different colours on the radar, like in IV? I can't be the only one wanting this changed?

It is near impossible to keep track of who killed me and who I need to, and who not to attack back. I know it would create problems with Bounty players being donated the colour red atm etc, but there must be something that can be done!

On a separate note, does anyone also agree the radar is in general to just way too f*cking congested? I mean half that sh*t doesn't need to be on there. Why do I need to know the location of EVERY mission, EVERY safe house that isn't mine, etc?

Yeah it really sucks, And the highlight player system is broken to. Stops everytime asap as someone kills someone ect. GTA IV's system was a lot better with all those collors.

• StormerBoy likes this

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:30 PM

Yeah it really sucks, And the highlight player system is broken to. Stops everytime asap as someone kills someone ect. GTA IV's system was a lot better with all those collors.

True. I also have noticed that there are two different ways to highlight a player. One being on the Phone, and the other being in the Interactive menu. they seem not to both do the same thing however.

I think one makes the blip flash on and off quicker than the other one does? Not sure what purpose that serves, other than being yet another unnecessary complexity to the game.

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

• The Connection
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:35 PM Edited by Ciaran, 01 January 2014 - 11:43 PM.

Most of this post belongs here.

:^:

Edit: I'll be nice and re-open the thread for you

• StormerBoy likes this

SilkySkillz85
  • SilkySkillz85

DONTuKNOWimLOCO

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:04 AM

i hear ya op so many times i have killed the wrong dude while on a revenge rampage all because the damn useless highlight player sh*t!

to me its just another lazy oversight on rockstars behalf.

• StormerBoy likes this

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:11 AM

You know you can turn icons off on the map right

Mark0101
  • Mark0101

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:21 AM

I have made threads about this subject yet other people are just more concerned about how do I hack money, RP glitch found... blah blah blah.

This is not gonna resolve unless we make this thread veiwed by R* and the only way that would happen is if people talked about this. Yet people will still keep making threads like "Another glitch found".

• StormerBoy likes this

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

I DON'T GIVE A F*CK WHAT YOU THINK.

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:24 AM

They should make the highlighted player yellow until you turn it off.
  • StormerBoy, poklane, JohnMcClainNYPD and 1 other like this

Mark0101
  • Mark0101

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:26 AM

They should make the highlighted player yellow until you turn it off.

You know what that is a good idea. And if you wanna make more than two players highlighted, give the other player another color. That flashing blip is so stupid.

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

I DON'T GIVE A F*CK WHAT YOU THINK.

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:29 AM

Thanks...I guess 3 players max...normally I focus on 1 douche at a time.

GTARACER93
  • GTARACER93

Argumentative

• Members
  • Barbados

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:31 AM

Colour system was better on 4. Not a fan of the white dots  but it fits with the theme of the menus and stuff. 

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:09 AM

Should be able to set highlights in two colors. Say yellow and dark blue. Dark blue for friendlies and will make them untargetable. Friends and crew should also be untargetable in free mode. Yellow for enemies and it would prioritise yellow highlighted enemies before npc police etc.

Alternatively i would also propose that unknowns or people who are not friends, crew or highlighted, would not show up on minimap until "seen" by you (line of sight) and would dissapear again after being out of LOS for 30 seconds.

JonesyRogers
  • JonesyRogers

DonnyZingFarka

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:15 AM

Yeah I definitely agree about the map being too cluttered with literally every single job 

For god's sake, one of these days the map will be ENTIRELY filled of user created jobs, I swear

scubadave
  • scubadave

💎 Diamond Club 💎

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:16 AM

map needs to be:

red for bounties

the crew color outline is good

the blue outline for friends is good

blinking for just killed somebody is okay, but then u need something different to highlight a player. blinking red outline maybe.

diff colours for everbody is a necessity. the dude that killed you last should have a big x on it.

• StormerBoy likes this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:17 AM

Radar is great.  It was WAY worse in IV, you couldn't see sh*t especially when you had cops on you, making it blink.

I agree about the blips though.  I actually made the same thread before.

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:17 AM

I agree, but the color coding was also used to troll people. We all have killed this dude over and over again, because we could just follow his blip on the map because of his color in IV, admit it.

scubadave
  • scubadave

💎 Diamond Club 💎

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:23 AM

I agree, but the color coding was also used to troll people. We all have killed this dude over and over again, because we could just follow his blip on the map because of his color in IV, admit it.

so call up lester and pay him $200 to change ur color.

• Biohazard Abyss likes this

UnicornAssassin
  • UnicornAssassin

Soldier

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:43 AM

This is not gonna resolve unless we make this thread veiwed by R* and the only way that would happen is if people talked about this. Yet people will still keep making threads like "Another glitch found".

Wrong. The only way that would happen is if this thread was on Rockstar's website. 

GankThis110
  • GankThis110

Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:49 AM

Agreed, and besides, I miss the rainbow dots.

Mark0101
  • Mark0101

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:02 AM

Should be able to set highlights in two colors. Say yellow and dark blue. Dark blue for friendlies and will make them untargetable. Friends and crew should also be untargetable in free mode. Yellow for enemies and it would prioritise yellow highlighted enemies before npc police etc.

Alternatively i would also propose that unknowns or people who are not friends, crew or highlighted, would not show up on minimap until "seen" by you (line of sight) and would dissapear again after being out of LOS for 30 seconds.

I lost you at midway of your third sentence. Keep it simple, this is only for you to know who killed you and what color they are so you see them on your mini map after you spawn back.

Didn't know R* had it's own forum but then again I didn't really check. I still beleive they look at this forum also.

Headdogg81
  • Headdogg81

Homeboy

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:22 AM

I keep a notepad and pen nearby so I can write down GT's. My s#!t list if you like. I agree though being able to highlight players with different colors would be good. Maybe have the ability to put players in different groups. A friendly group, an unfirendly group and a "must kill over and over again" group.

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:50 AM

You know you can turn icons off on the map right

I'm pretty sure that turns off all the stuff you want turned on, and the stuff you want turned off stays on?

GTARACER93
  • GTARACER93

Argumentative

• Members
  • Barbados

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:49 AM

Agreed, and besides, I miss the rainbow dots.

Everyone loved being the  baby pink one 

lilpokerface
  • lilpokerface

ME

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:55 AM

I agree with op.

dOn DaDa ShOttA
  • dOn DaDa ShOttA

JAMESTOWN RANCHO GANG

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:55 PM

Agreed. they changed things that didn't need to be changed.
  • StormerBoy likes this

scubadave
  • scubadave

💎 Diamond Club 💎

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:32 AM

like this:

e3X1gES.jpg

• A J and Mark0101 like this

Headdogg81
  • Headdogg81

Homeboy

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:57 AM

I dont think the female players would want to be highlighted like that. Well most anyway wouldnt want it. I do like the idea though but lets not specify gender.

scubadave
  • scubadave

💎 Diamond Club 💎

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:24 AM

I dont think the female players would want to be highlighted like that. Well most anyway wouldnt want it. I do like the idea though but lets not specify gender.

maybe take a pole. girls, please take this pole: would you want to be represented as in the map above?

fish61324
  • fish61324

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:29 AM

I hate how they are all white.... some times I even put a bounty on a specific person just so I can keep better track of them on the mini map.... annoying as hell. 

Not to mention the different colors are much cooler looking than just plain white. Why would they even consider changing it? I don't understand R* some times

• StormerBoy and SUPERHEAVYDOODY like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users