Quantcast

» «
Photo

Nuke discussion

407 replies to this topic

Poll: How much would you pay for a nuke? (652 member(s) have cast votes)

How much would you pay for a suitcase/dirty/nuclear bomb?

1. $1 million (222 votes [34.05%])

Percentage of vote: 34.05%

2. $500,000 (56 votes [8.59%])

Percentage of vote: 8.59%

3. $250,000 (57 votes [8.74%])

Percentage of vote: 8.74%

4. $100,000 (86 votes [13.19%])

Percentage of vote: 13.19%

5. $50,000 (129 votes [19.79%])

Percentage of vote: 19.79%

6. Other (102 votes [15.64%])

Percentage of vote: 15.64%

...and what would it be?

1. Suitcase nuke (139 votes [21.32%])

Percentage of vote: 21.32%

2. Dirty bomb in a car (66 votes [10.12%])

Percentage of vote: 10.12%

3. H bomb dropped by Titan (384 votes [58.90%])

Percentage of vote: 58.90%

4. Other (63 votes [9.66%])

Percentage of vote: 9.66%

...and what would it do?

1. Wipe everybody off the map and collect all bounties (188 votes [28.83%])

Percentage of vote: 28.83%

2. Clear out an area the size of half of LS (185 votes [28.37%])

Percentage of vote: 28.37%

3. Clear out 5x5 city block area (208 votes [31.90%])

Percentage of vote: 31.90%

4. Other (71 votes [10.89%])

Percentage of vote: 10.89%

Vote Guests cannot vote
scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:52 PM Edited by scubadave, 02 January 2014 - 09:07 PM.

Yeah.... Nukes....nty.....
Go play COD
Too much modded money in Gta.

Everyone has over a billion in Gta, it would be non stop nukes.

there would be a cool down and after they take back the money, less nukes. and they are expensive .

This isn't a War game.

This^...

WTF nukes...lol?

theres a tank and buzzards and titans. why would the titan door open?

I think this would be a great tool for the grieftards that love the tanks. And I don't think it would add anything positive or help with immersion. I can't see when I would ever use a nuke.

yes thats what i am saying. this would be able to grief tanks. just would take out the whole map also.

They should f*cking fix the Airstrike option first.

they should fix it to drop the nuke.

A bomb that wipes out the whole map?

And what happens next? The game ends? the world magically reappears? 

:orly:

yeah end of session.

scenario 1

look, it doesnt have to be a whole nuke in the traditional sense of the H-bomb- that was just an option. a dirty bomb, Fuel-Air, suitcase nuke, etc. might work better. something that would basically wipe out a few city blocks, not the entire map. granted i am seeing less tank warfare in LS, but think about them pulling around a corner cause they see ur blip, but instead they see a shipping container sitting there, too late to turn around and u call up the cell phone and watch from ur buzzard 500 feet up..

scenario 2

what do you all think about this: you and two crew members, one guy on top of Maze bank, you in a titan and another guy spamming pegasus dirty cars around the downtown LSC..... then he gets the hell out of there and heads for the hills.  call in four or five bounties downtown to attract more players. meanwhile u grab the Titan with the H-bomb and proceed to downtown LS. MAZE BANK dude parachutes off and starts dropping EMPs like they are going out of style. you drop the nuke and get the f* out and head off to the coast of the del Perro pier. ur two crew members follow in a frogger, snapmatic that sh*t and rinse and repeat. tell me that wouldnt rawk.

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Gaudium Enim Victoria

• Members
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:55 PM

It should have a Korean nuke, so there's like a 1-in-12 chance it works and sometimes your nephew shoots you instead.

• Tony., sportbikepilot369 and SecludedMemory like this

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

Meep Meep.

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:31 PM

WTF??? If I wanted an open world that involves nukes, I'd go play Fallout. Nukes have no place in GTA... ._.

jbarb78
  • jbarb78

Ancient Gamer

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:52 PM

Yeah, no nukes, that's just retarded. There's a reason they took them off COD....

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:53 PM

It should have a Korean nuke, so there's like a 1-in-12 chance it works and sometimes your nephew shoots you instead.

lol, this guy wins xD

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:05 PM

and then you'd have to go to the nuke to try to restart the timer  but if your not careful it could detonate when ur trying to hack the panel.

CallMeBats
  • CallMeBats

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:14 PM

suitcase nuke so i could get on my mic and yell ALAHHU ACKBAR and then explode everything

F*cking lost it at this!
But I honestly think something like a nuke should be 1 million everytime otherwise it's just gonna be nuke city if it's 10k to call it in after purchasing, it needs to be something very rare imo.

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:44 AM

But I honestly think something like a nuke should be 1 million everytime otherwise it's just gonna be nuke city if it's 10k to call it in after purchasing, it needs to be something very rare imo.

It could be imlemented a variety of ways that could reduce griefing, either expensive, slow, extended cool down time, minimize the blast radius. although minimizing the blast radius would defeat the purpose. I'd say expensive and slow, something like you can see and hear something go off in the distance, maybe a big flash of light and you can see the cloud moving toward you. you still got time to jack a car and head for the hills but if you're too close, forget about it, just go for the subway system or something. people in apartments or even stores could get some kind of cover and watch the blast go by. walk back out everything is toast. add in the EMPs to disable cars though and you've got something. maybe it just wipes out a dozen or so city blocks, I dont want to be greedy here. think about tanks flying in the air after they drive towards a shipping container called in by lester. maybe even have the option to set a bounty on the nuke so it shows up in red.

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:41 AM

WTF??? If I wanted an open world that involves nukes, I'd go play Fallout. Nukes have no place in GTA... ._.

they put in tanks and buzzards and what use is the titan without some payload. perhaps everyone is just getting caught up on the word "nuke" lets use "WMD" instead.

jbarb78
  • jbarb78

Ancient Gamer

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:53 AM

Yeah.... Nukes....nty.....
Go play COD
Too much modded money in Gta.

Everyone has over a billion in Gta, it would be non stop nukes.

there would be a cool down and after they take back the money, less nukes. and they are expensive .

This isn't a War game.

This^...

WTF nukes...lol?

theres a tank and buzzards and titans. why would the titan door open?

I think this would be a great tool for the grieftards that love the tanks. And I don't think it would add anything positive or help with immersion. I can't see when I would ever use a nuke.

yes thats what i am saying. this would be able to grief tanks. just would take out the whole map also.

They should f*cking fix the Airstrike option first.

they should fix it to drop the nuke.

A bomb that wipes out the whole map?

And what happens next? The game ends? the world magically reappears? 

:orly:

yeah end of session.

scenario 1
look, it doesnt have to be a whole nuke in the traditional sense of the H-bomb- that was just an option. a dirty bomb, Fuel-Air, suitcase nuke, etc. might work better. something that would basically wipe out a few city blocks, not the entire map. granted i am seeing less tank warfare in LS, but think about them pulling around a corner cause they see ur blip, but instead they see a shipping container sitting there, too late to turn around and u call up the cell phone and watch from ur buzzard 500 feet up..

scenario 2
what do you all think about this: you and two crew members, one guy on top of Maze bank, you in a titan and another guy spamming pegasus dirty cars around the downtown LSC..... then he gets the hell out of there and heads for the hills.  call in four or five bounties downtown to attract more players. meanwhile u grab the Titan with the H-bomb and proceed to downtown LS. MAZE BANK dude parachutes off and starts dropping EMPs like they are going out of style. you drop the nuke and get the f* out and head off to the coast of the del Perro pier. ur two crew members follow in a frogger, snapmatic that sh*t and rinse and repeat. tell me that wouldnt rawk.

So you want to drop a nuke and end the session??? Where in the f*ck is the fun in that??? This thread is a trainwreck, you wanna slam your head against the wall until something more usefull comes out?

deanstroyer
  • deanstroyer

West Side White Boy

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:55 AM

So you want to drop a nuke and end the session??? Where in the f*ck is the fun in that??? This thread is a trainwreck, you wanna slam your head against the wall until something more usefull comes out?

im lol'ing @ the op, keeps coming back to thread to bump it . 

Zodape
  • Zodape

El Crápula

• The Yardies
  • Argentina

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:01 AM

Cool for destroying Tank-Trolls.

Bad when these trolls turn into Nuke-Trolls.

TheIllaDopest
  • TheIllaDopest

The Blunt Master Messiah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:33 AM

ok what if you have to gather a series of parts by doing certain missions(the same current missions we have just add pick ups in them). And the last piece is in the current session. Theres only 1 piece per session so its a first come first serve. And then when you activate it you kill all the players in the session and respawn time is 5mins. Gives you time to plan your next move before they all come after you.

• scubadave likes this

ijustcameheretobeeotch
  • ijustcameheretobeeotch

Soldier

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:07 AM

they already had a bomb on this game that basically killed all the other players.

it was called the tow truck.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

It's been a ride

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:19 AM

This isn't a War game.

Wait ..., what?

Obviously it is.  :bored:

Well, OK, it's more like "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" so I guess that a nuke flying over the cuckoo's nest isn't too much different. 

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:20 AM

Hmm.

I would like a Nuke, yeah.

I voted for the half of LS-size area to be "purged". It feels reasonable. There should be a countdown and a red circle where the nuke is landing, so that you have a possibility to escape. It should be something like the alien laser thingy from Independence Day... just my opinion.

There should be radiation for some time in that specific part of the map, causing you to go into mild Drunk Mode and lose health slowly. It would not continue after going out of the circle, seeing as this is a game and it doesn't have to be realistic. In addition to surrealism, you should be able to be protected from the bomb if you were inside a building. If you're in the center of the nuke, "ground zero", with little time to go anywhere, it would only be fair for people to have a chance to be protected. They'd still get the radiation effect though as long as they stay there.

I don't know if possible, but there should be shockwave effects too. Meaning wrecked cars on random places, dead pedestrians on random places, a nuclear "filter" (sorry for bringing up CoD, but if you have seen the result of the Tactical Nuke in MW2, it should look something like that at that area).

• scubadave likes this

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:46 AM

Cool for destroying Tank-Trolls.

Bad when these trolls turn into Nuke-Trolls.

its one of those things where its like an arms race. i can see both sides of things, but if you studied game theory you would know that that when everyone has nukes, its actually a safer place. hence, even though ppl are voitng for $1m nukes, perhaps it is better that just everyone has nukes and it is one of those things where rockstar puts a warning message each game session to use them sparingly please (honor system). price them at $10k each use, 5 minute cooldown, etc. wouldnt want lower levels at too much disadvantage so make it like level 25s and above only.

ok what if you have to gather a series of parts by doing certain missions(the same current missions we have just add pick ups in them). And the last piece is in the current session. Theres only 1 piece per session so its a first come first serve. And then when you activate it you kill all the players in the session and respawn time is 5mins. Gives you time to plan your next move before they all come after you.

great idea! at last a reason to use the Jetpack points. say you had to get 100 JP (it resets each session), then there is a nuke somewhere on a map (basically a cargo container). first come first serve, like a crate drop. right now, no one goes after crates or simeone import vehicles because who the f cares. but drop a nuke on a cargo crate and youd see some movement. also, when it drops the timer goes off, so you d better hurry like a gamble, do i go towards it and disable it so i can detonate it when/where i want or get the f*** outta there cause it will blow soon.

Hmm.

I would like a Nuke, yeah.

I voted for the half of LS-size area to be "purged". It feels reasonable. There should be a countdown and a red circle where the nuke is landing, so that you have a possibility to escape. It should be something like the alien laser thingy from Independence Day... just my opinion.

There should be radiation for some time in that specific part of the map, causing you to go into mild Drunk Mode and lose health slowly. It would not continue after going out of the circle, seeing as this is a game and it doesn't have to be realistic. In addition to surrealism, you should be able to be protected from the bomb if you were inside a building. If you're in the center of the nuke, "ground zero", with little time to go anywhere, it would only be fair for people to have a chance to be protected. They'd still get the radiation effect though as long as they stay there.

I don't know if possible, but there should be shockwave effects too. Meaning wrecked cars on random places, dead pedestrians on random places, a nuclear "filter" (sorry for bringing up CoD, but if you have seen the result of the Tactical Nuke in MW2, it should look something like that at that area).

ID4 type laser thing would be good and I agree there needs to be some kind of shockwave. basically youd see big flash of light, hear it, cars and tanks flipping up in the air, big dust cloud moving twards you, if ur in the mtns you'd basically see the whole thing but be safe distance away. get ur camera out. drunk mode if your affected, etc. agree on the apartments/garages/stores all "safe" in fact if ur in poisonbys and look out the window you'd see stuff go flying by...

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Retired

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:50 AM

suitcase nuke so i could get on my mic and yell ALAHHU ACKBAR and then explode everything

You can't do this now in a car?

XJpostman
  • XJpostman

YARDIE

• The Yardies
  • Canada

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:55 AM

15 people dropping nukes in a lobby.... That sounds like fun? I say 15 because I'd be 4x4ing or drifting.

JohnDRockefeller
  • JohnDRockefeller

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:02 AM Edited by JohnDRockefeller, 03 January 2014 - 06:07 AM.

Nukes a little bit to much but I would pay like up wards of 3 million to have 3 to4 players wacked simultaneously even if their flying I hate when someone gets away from my merks cause they flew away in a chopper now it would b cool to see a surface to air missle silo come out from behind the vinewood sign to shoot down one of the players u pay the 3 million for

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:43 PM

Nukes a little bit to much but I would pay like up wards of 3 million to have 3 to4 players wacked simultaneously even if their flying I hate when someone gets away from my merks cause they flew away in a chopper now it would b cool to see a surface to air missle silo come out from behind the vinewood sign to shoot down one of the players u pay the 3 million for

maybe launch an ICBM from Liberty City. Takes 5 mins to get to LS, plenty of time to find cover.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:00 PM

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:27 PM Edited by scubadave, 06 January 2014 - 06:27 PM.

Another option would be this, let's call scenario 3:

You and your four man crew find the car meet up thread on this board and join the session. You'll need mics. Grab two Cargobobs. Two people call up Pegasus to order the "Dirty Bomb Extended Raw and Uncut" they go pick up the cargo containers in the cargobobs. You and the remaining crew member order up a Lester Special nuke-in-a-car and drive those to the meet up at LSC (downtown). Glitch the hell out of there and block LSC with a firetruck and the two other entrances with SWAT trucks. Turn on their sirens. Toss a few tear gas cannisters and get out of there in a Frogger. Detonate the first car nuke. Let them respawn back in the LSC area. Detonate the second car nuke AND drop the first dirty bomb from the cargobob. As the first dirty is landing, drop the second from way higher than the first. Exit session before first one goes off.

15 people dropping nukes in a lobby.... That sounds like fun? I say 15 because I'd be 4x4ing or drifting.

You mean drifting with the nuke cargo container attached or just drifting IN the dirty car bomb?

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:45 AM

awesome vid

kali16
  • kali16

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:26 AM

I'm more worried about piranhas

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:48 PM

I'm more worried about piranhas

no piranhas i've seen but good idea, add that to the thread for 1.09

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:52 PM

A nuke? Get out.

am30
  • am30

Boss

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:34 PM

Terrible idea. 

This is GTA not COD.

elmo87
  • elmo87

Hustler

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:26 PM

Dude let it go. This idea sucks.
  • SecludedMemory and elfoam like this

LancerG2
  • LancerG2

The Lost MC [Vice President]

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:38 PM

Nah, just add explosive bombs for planes.

Hey those towers looks perfectly fine to fly into...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users