Quantcast

» «
Photo

Nuke discussion

282 replies to this topic

Poll: How much would you pay for a nuke? (427 member(s) have cast votes)

How much would you pay for a suitcase/dirty/nuclear bomb?

1. $1 million (158 votes [37.00%])

Percentage of vote: 37.00%

2. $500,000 (33 votes [7.73%])

Percentage of vote: 7.73%

3. $250,000 (38 votes [8.90%])

Percentage of vote: 8.90%

4. $100,000 (61 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

5. $50,000 (73 votes [17.10%])

Percentage of vote: 17.10%

6. Other (64 votes [14.99%])

Percentage of vote: 14.99%

...and what would it be?

1. Suitcase nuke (91 votes [21.31%])

Percentage of vote: 21.31%

2. Dirty bomb in a car (50 votes [11.71%])

Percentage of vote: 11.71%

3. H bomb dropped by Titan (244 votes [57.14%])

Percentage of vote: 57.14%

4. Other (42 votes [9.84%])

Percentage of vote: 9.84%

...and what would it do?

1. Wipe everybody off the map and collect all bounties (121 votes [28.34%])

Percentage of vote: 28.34%

2. Clear out an area the size of half of LS (118 votes [27.63%])

Percentage of vote: 27.63%

3. Clear out 5x5 city block area (139 votes [32.55%])

Percentage of vote: 32.55%

4. Other (49 votes [11.48%])

Percentage of vote: 11.48%

Vote Guests cannot vote
SurlyOldManMN
  • SurlyOldManMN

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:25 PM

Wrong game. R* doesn't have the ingenuity for something like this.

I'm not sure you know what "ingenuity" means. Either that or you think they're incapable of modeling explosions, which would be a little odd given substantial evidence suggesting otherwise.

It's the wrong game because there is no legitimate gameplay value in taking out half of a freeroam map because lol.

OurJud
  • OurJud

Hustler

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:30 PM Edited by OurJud, 01 January 2014 - 11:34 PM.

Well it turns out I joined the majority of voters in the second and third option, but wasn't willing to pay out as much as most.

The thought of dropping an H-bomb from a titan is very appealing. The thought of dropping any bomb from a titan is very appealing.

I do worry, however, that like tanks, this ability would play right into the griefers' hands. Thinking about it, it would have to be done after the money cheat is fixed and be priced highly enough to deter people using it to grief.

• scubadave likes this

SurlyOldManMN
  • SurlyOldManMN

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:35 PM

The thought of dropping an H-bomb from a titan is very appealing. The thought of dropping any bomb from a titan is very appealing.

Of course it is. That's not even worth mentioning...

OurJud
  • OurJud

Hustler

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:36 PM

Of course it is. That's not even worth mentioning...

My apologies, I'll go back and delete that line immediately.

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:39 PM

I would pay a million for that. And i would like it to be a H AKA Hitler bomb that turns the whole map into one big holocaust killing everybody. I would like to drop it with my Titan.

SurlyOldManMN
  • SurlyOldManMN

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:58 PM

I would pay a million for that. And i would like it to be a H AKA Hitler bomb that turns the whole map into one big holocaust killing everybody. I would like to drop it with my Titan.

As would every angsty (pre)teen with questionably attentive parents and a developing, insatiable need to exert some semblance of authority and/or superiority whenever and wherever they can as is normal and expected. Pushing those boundaries is their job, from a biological perspective. Can't really hate on them for doing their job.

I can, however, strongly suggest refraining from arming them with atomic weapons just for the lulz.

theshadowfax
  • theshadowfax

Snitch

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:04 AM

This just confirms my fears, GTA has become the home of kids who've stopped playing CoD or whatever reason. Losing streaks, microtransactions for unlocks, all this sh*t is adding up to Grand Theft Duty: Los Santos.

scubadave
  • scubadave

Gold Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:51 AM

to people thinking this will increase griefing, this will actually curtail griefers. basically the only thing stopping a rapidfire turbo tank is a nuke. perhaps we need a nuke and an EMP?? Lester could provide an EMP, merryweather the nukes, pegasus the dirty bomb cars.

what do you all think about this: you and two crew members, one guy on top of Maze bank, you in a titan and another guy spamming pegasus dirty cars around the downtown LSC..... then he gets the hell out of there and heads for the hills.  call in four or five bounties downtown to attract more players. meanwhile u grab the Titan with the H-bomb and proceed to downtown LS. MAZE BANK dude parachutes off and starts dropping EMPs like they are going out of style. you drop the nuke and get the f* out and head off to the coast of the del Perro pier. ur two crew members follow in a frogger, snapmatic that sh*t and rinse and repeat. tell me that wouldnt rawk.

• Cwinny24 likes this

Bozzah
  • Bozzah

Playa

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:56 AM

suitcase nuke so i could get on my mic and yell ALAHHU ACKBAR and then explode everything

yea, all muslims are definitely terrorists

and all christians are in kkk

• Ninja_Gear likes this

J Smitty
  • J Smitty

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:57 AM

A nuke that wipes everyone off the map is a stupid idea and sounds like zero fun whatsoever. I do think it'd be cool to be able to to drop bombs from titans though. Something that does similar damage, or maybe a little more, to that of the missiles from the jets and buzzards. Or be able to buy slightly bigger bombs than the stickys, that could take out a whole city block or whatever. I don't really care either way, but at least something like that would be more realistic IMO.

JonesyRogers
  • JonesyRogers

DonnyZingFarka

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:01 AM

I'm sorry, but this is an absolutely terrible idea. Just think of the hacks that could be done with this damn thing

Not to mention, if 3 or 4 went off at once, I'm sure it would probably freeze a handful of player's games...

• halflegz and SecludedMemory like this

scubadave
  • scubadave

Gold Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:35 AM Edited by scubadave, 02 January 2014 - 02:36 AM.

A nuke that wipes everyone off the map is a stupid idea and sounds like zero fun whatsoever. I do think it'd be cool to be able to to drop bombs from titans though. Something that does similar damage, or maybe a little more, to that of the missiles from the jets and buzzards. Or be able to buy slightly bigger bombs than the stickys, that could take out a whole city block or whatever. I don't really care either way, but at least something like that would be more realistic IMO.

yeah , like the dirty bomb or something like a TNW. basically 4 or 5 car bombs together. if youare within a block , ur going to have a problem.

I'm sorry, but this is an absolutely terrible idea. Just think of the hacks that could be done with this damn thing

Not to mention, if 3 or 4 went off at once, I'm sure it would probably freeze a handful of player's games...

what if when somebody plants a nuke, lester tells everybody on the map that a nuke has been detonated and a 5 minute countdown starts. you are shown the general area of the nuke (orange area on map) and you can try to find it and hack the nuke off (like that job where u hack the car garage with ur phone) or disable it or cargobob it to the water or whatever. basically it shows up as a shipping container or something. like mini missions built into freemode instead of the same high value import car from simeon. maybe u can cargobob the nuke and drop it on the guy who set it off originally.

• johnpolo likes this

deanstroyer
  • deanstroyer

West Side White Boy

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:50 AM

oh sh*t a nuke... everyone leaves session ..... 

• Tony. and SecludedMemory like this

Sterling Malory Archer
  • Sterling Malory Archer

What the sh*t? I'm playing GRAND THEFT TANK

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:53 AM

this is one of the more disturbing polls that I've seen on here.  Guess there is no regard to radiation rendering the entire city unlivable.

tjor24
  • tjor24

Thug

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:57 AM

Oh hell no!! With all the hackers this game will be f***cked!!! Lol good creativity honestly but there would be nukes going off left and right.

gtahighroller
  • gtahighroller

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:01 AM

they should make it so if you blow up a sticky right on a tanks wheels it will make it unmovable like in saving private ryan 

Daimondl
  • Daimondl

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:32 AM

Nuke ? It doesn't sound like GTA.

No nukes!  Rockstar needs to reconsider the airstrike from merryweather. It needs to be just a point on the map in a given range (Should be bigger than the flare range)

It's already on the game and it could work wonders.

Bozzah
  • Bozzah

Playa

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:03 AM

Nukes would be annoying. Imagine a server with 10+ players and each one of them can "cast" a nuke... no thanks :/

As Daimondl already suggested, they should just change (buff) the airstrike, because it's a good concept but barely useful. it only makes sense in survival right now....

xNinjaStarfishx
  • xNinjaStarfishx

Happy Happy Joy Joy

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:15 AM

Stupidest. Idea. Ever.

This is GTA not COD. I hope you get aids and die op.

Michael_Westin
  • Michael_Westin

Snitch

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:16 AM

suitcase nuke so i could get on my mic and yell ALAHHU ACKBAR and then explode everything

Or suicide vests and yell out "for allllahhhh!!!!!!

scubadave
  • scubadave

Gold Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:12 AM Edited by scubadave, 02 January 2014 - 08:14 AM.

Nuke ? It doesn't sound like GTA.

No nukes!  Rockstar needs to reconsider the airstrike from merryweather. It needs to be just a point on the map in a given range (Should be bigger than the flare range)

It's already on the game and it could work wonders.

so no nuke but u can spam airstrikes from half a map away ? even saints row you had to be in the vincinity.

Nukes would be annoying. Imagine a server with 10+ players and each one of them can "cast" a nuke... no thanks :/

As Daimondl already suggested, they should just change (buff) the airstrike, because it's a good concept but barely useful. it only makes sense in survival right now....

you mean have the airstrikes drop the nukes? that would be even better dont have to get the titan outta the garage.

Oh hell no!! With all the hackers this game will be f***cked!!! Lol good creativity honestly but there would be nukes going off left and right.

not if it cost $1m and $50k each use, etc. this is after the billionaires get reset. also, 1 day cool off period til ur next nuke. so you are more selective.

like this (replace that camp with an LSC meet up or something)

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Village Idiot

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:48 PM

a nuke just seems out of place

I mean the tanks and jets are kind of hard to justify as is.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:55 PM

A bomb that wipes out the whole map?

And what happens next? The game ends? the world magically reappears? 

:orly:

Human

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:00 PM

At the least I would like the ability to drop bombs from airplanes just like you can in the drug-running mini-game. A nuke however, as great and terrifyingly beautiful as it is, would be good for mass murder, but considering the games/consoles limits wouldn't be all that realistic because the damage capability is not there. Plus, this could be disrespectful to many people throughout the world and is something that would probably trigger backlash and protest. I can imagine the headlines now " R* games supports terrorism and teaches kids to blow up their own country blah blah blah." 

nitefallz
  • nitefallz

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:48 PM

They should f*cking fix the Airstrike option first.

jbarb78
  • jbarb78

Ancient Gamer

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:06 PM

Never. Gonna. Happen. EVER.

Raylion
  • Raylion

Trick

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:41 PM Edited by Raylion, 02 January 2014 - 05:04 PM.

The assumption in the vote is that everyone wants a nuke and that its just a matter of how much they want to pay...why is there not an option to vote against having a nuke? 

'Other' really doesn't cover it.

sportbikepilot369
  • sportbikepilot369

member QotD

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:51 PM

I think this would be a great tool for the grieftards that love the tanks. And I don't think it would add anything positive or help with immersion. I can't see when I would ever use a nuke.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:00 PM

This isn't a War game.

This^...

WTF nukes...lol?

You Are All V1rgins
  • You Are All V1rgins

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:36 PM Edited by You Are All V1rgins, 02 January 2014 - 05:36 PM.

Yeah.... Nukes....nty.....
Go play COD
Too much modded money in Gta.

Everyone has over a billion in Gta, it would be non stop nukes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users