Quantcast

» «
Photo

Nuke discussion

407 replies to this topic

Poll: How much would you pay for a nuke? (652 member(s) have cast votes)

How much would you pay for a suitcase/dirty/nuclear bomb?

1. $1 million (222 votes [34.05%])

Percentage of vote: 34.05%

2. $500,000 (56 votes [8.59%])

Percentage of vote: 8.59%

3. $250,000 (57 votes [8.74%])

Percentage of vote: 8.74%

4. $100,000 (86 votes [13.19%])

Percentage of vote: 13.19%

5. $50,000 (129 votes [19.79%])

Percentage of vote: 19.79%

6. Other (102 votes [15.64%])

Percentage of vote: 15.64%

...and what would it be?

1. Suitcase nuke (139 votes [21.32%])

Percentage of vote: 21.32%

2. Dirty bomb in a car (66 votes [10.12%])

Percentage of vote: 10.12%

3. H bomb dropped by Titan (384 votes [58.90%])

Percentage of vote: 58.90%

4. Other (63 votes [9.66%])

Percentage of vote: 9.66%

...and what would it do?

1. Wipe everybody off the map and collect all bounties (188 votes [28.83%])

Percentage of vote: 28.83%

2. Clear out an area the size of half of LS (185 votes [28.37%])

Percentage of vote: 28.37%

3. Clear out 5x5 city block area (208 votes [31.90%])

Percentage of vote: 31.90%

4. Other (71 votes [10.89%])

Percentage of vote: 10.89%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Shootinalloveryourface
  • Shootinalloveryourface

No 1 Panto Crew in the World PIGS

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:39 AM

Rapid fire nuke cannon?
  • scubadave and Jolly Swagman like this

dlow
  • dlow

Just an Old Man

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:43 AM

This isn't a War game.

Damn you could have fooled me...........we have tanks, fighter jets, attack helicopters ......and an array of military grade weaponry, the only thing we dont have is military clothing 

But i would have to say no to the nuke.......any cost over $135k and its a very non profit expence.......any price under under 100k and all we would do is die at the hands of kiddies

I would go for the option of having control of a bomber plane with a limited payload to counter tanks with

• scubadave likes this

PoisoNinja140_48
  • PoisoNinja140_48

Thug

• Members

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:49 AM

Kind of a neat idea... Too many holes though..
  • scubadave likes this

Shiest Bubble
  • Shiest Bubble

Waveraham Lincoln

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:20 AM

GTA Online can't even handle a few explosions without an FPS drop, not sure how you think a nuke will work without the game turning into a slideshow. Aside from that it's just a bad idea... I don't think anyone wants to be constantly blown up by someone who hoards shark cards or glitches money all day.

• BigBiff likes this

bensons
  • bensons

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:49 AM

Worms 3D had nukes:)

ALPHaRyuTaTSuMaKi
  • ALPHaRyuTaTSuMaKi

PC Hacker/Safe Cracker

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:26 PM Edited by ALPHaRyuTaTSuMaKi, 10 April 2014 - 12:37 PM.

If there was to be a nuke-

- It should not affect people in their apartments/garages, in strip clubs, convenience stores, ammunation, obviously not in LSC etc. (this saves dicking with bombs shelters and being in the air, but being airborne isn't such a bad idea)

- It should be called in as an airstrike, where a waypoint would be ground zero.

- It should be radius based, roughly the size of LS's width. ie. If it's dropped on the central Ammunation, it will miss the Airport, El Burro Heights and anything East of that, and anything North of Vinewood Hills.

- It should cost you in Personal Vehicles destroyed (as should tanks, but that's another rant) and picking up any bounties in the blast is fine.

- It should entice players with RP to "commend" nuke droppers for killing any twankers, or for at least destroying their tanks.

- It should cost $402,123 each use, based on the aforementioned radius/max people killed, minus for places that people can scurry to (it takes 1 person to enter an apartment and invite their griefing crew), minus for 1/2 the unintended max insurance costs, we can round it down to about $120,000 PER use (it shouldn't be too easily accessible. More on cool-off, below)

- It should be hinted that it's dropping firstly with a silent hint; the player flying a Titan in the sky (Titan needs to reach the top of the sky to be notified to drop the nuke), then a notification that "player X" has dropped a nuke (so you know who started the fire), at the same time, all civilians and unoccupied civilian cars disappearing/evacuating (because otherwise, animating all of that destruction could result in framerate and lag death) and there would be the dreaded state of emergency siren-

- The time between notification and impact should be 15 in-game seconds for the bomb to reach sea level from the uppermost stratosphere (required dropping height). This should be enough time for most unintended players to clear the blast/get home/get into a place of business. Twankers would have to climb out of their tank and leg it, find a car, or whatever, but the tank can't clear the blast radius from ground zero. A Dominator can just barely make it. Air distance would have to be about 1/2 of what the width of the blast is.

- It's animation should be a white flash and then simple, white semi-sphere. It's damage should be fatal at ground zero and lesser, the further from the blast you are, but with an outward curved damage rate. ie. being in the outer 25% may still cause upward of 35% damage.

-The damage itself should be enough to kill a fully armoured/jacked/healthy person and destroy a tank at ground zero.

- It should have a Cool-Off time of at least 48 minutes, or however long it takes for a "clean player's" accumulated bad sport points to diminish (whichever is longest. People that are dodgy/bad sports cannot use the nuke). If there are people still in that lobby, or haven't run "Player X" out of town by then, that's their problem (you have weapons and report functions for a reason)

- Nuke Option Unlocks at Rank 100 (You shouldn't have to rank too high to be a twank killer). You call Merryweather. Report to the nearest Titan location available. Fly to the highest point. Get the go-head from Merryweather and drop it. (it would be cool to ride it in, as a guided suicide option)

I guess that's it. Does this cover all concerns?

BigBiff
  • BigBiff

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:45 PM

GTA Online can't even handle a few explosions without an FPS drop, not sure how you think a nuke will work without the game turning into a slideshow. Aside from that it's just a bad idea... I don't think anyone wants to be constantly blown up by someone who hoards shark cards or glitches money all day.

Seriously, the guy just misses that point completely.  Who in their right mind would want to have to switch servers constantly because someone nuked a server.  

Just such a terrible idea.  So far the only one worse than Zombies.

PG.
  • PG.

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Mars

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:53 PM

Seriously, the guy just misses that point completely.  Who in their right mind would want to have to switch servers constantly because someone nuked a server.  

you got nuked

explosion-01.gif

OT: When you get 25 kills in free roam or deathmatch you should be able to nuke the session

• scubadave likes this

PG.
  • PG.

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Mars

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:59 PM

Should we be able to customize our nukes?

blue_explosion_MB_zps9ae5ca8e.gif

• scubadave likes this

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:39 PM

I voted $50,000. It should be accessible for all players, otherwise it'll just be enjoyed by the rich and/or glitchers.

The Titans need more of a use, and to prevent these bombs being too easy to deploy, the Titan should be the one and only method.

I voted to wipe all players of the map. It seems the fairest option considering we're unleashing a nuke.

I'd add some sort of health damaging after effects, so players re spawned lose health gradually. Say from leftover poison or lethal gases.

Yes!!! put the titans to work is what I say. right now they are the most wasted vehicle online. and about the after effects, yes, you would be in the drunken state from SP after u go to the bars for a while, perhaps a lot longer because u just got nuked. perhaps the whole area is red on the map, too.

Why not have tanks that are capable of shooting nukes? You would need to be running a shift of at least five tanks in the session to have this capability unlocked. The tank delivered nuke would take out around 1 city block and obliterate everything in that area. This would cover one LSC. The rest of the tank shift would of course need to get out of the blast zone and by spreading out, could cover a few other LSC's to protect them from people doing the "Change Spoiler" glitch.

I like the 5 tanks running and nukes are unlocked for everybody. but wth are you talking about 1 city block???? 10x10 city blocks minimum or its not even worth getting my tank out. Change Spoiler glitch???

Rapid fire nuke cannon?

like this:

IdenticalIdleGaur.gif

but with nuke warheads coming out and long range. you could send them across the map. swich to map mode and u'd see the nukes flhying across the map.

This isn't a War game.

Damn you could have fooled me...........we have tanks, fighter jets, attack helicopters ......and an array of military grade weaponry, the only thing we dont have is military clothing 

But i would have to say no to the nuke.......any cost over $135k and its a very non profit expence.......any price under under 100k and all we would do is die at the hands of kiddies

I would go for the option of having control of a bomber plane with a limited payload to counter tanks with

agree.... we've got tanks, helis, cargobobs, titans, barracks, jeeps, etc. military clothing is coming for sure. tactical vests, camou, ghilis, etc.

pricing: $10k, its like nuclear assured mutual destruction. if everybody has nukes, nobody will use them, because they dont want to get nuked either.

or rockstar could put an alert:

"PLEASE DETONATE ONLY ONE NUKE PER SESSION. THANK YOU."

Kind of a neat idea... Too many holes though..

trying to figure out the best way for them to implement nukes. cost/range, etc.

you got nuked

explosion-01.gif

OT: When you get 25 kills in free roam or deathmatch you should be able to nuke the session

25 kills to get nuke status..... great idea!

another great idea!!!!

chrome nukes, pink chrome, crew chrome....

nukes with wheels, spoilers,

turbo NOS nukes. etc.

even the car dirty bombs should have customization.

• PG. likes this

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:39 PM

should it end the session and put u in SP or just put u at dashboard???

cmQr3LV.png

• xoC18H21NO3xo likes this

am30
  • am30

Boss

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:53 PM

I want my guy to be able to do nuclear farts.  You go off the radar, walk up to your victim and let off something silent but very violent.  Then you just walk away as if nothing happened.  Pretty much what you  do in real life only a bit more potent.  It could be a side effect of Brucie's bull shark testoserone.

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:40 AM Edited by scubadave, 15 April 2014 - 05:43 AM.

YcmcBmS.gif

just an FYI... there is a "redesign iFruit" topic that is very informative about how a nuke could be detonated with ur ifruit and also placed (use a waypoint in an app) and also how perhaps its a good idea to allow "offline nuking" meaning u don't even have to be playing the game to nuke somebody. whip out ur iFruit, find a friend (or just a random session), purcahse the nuke, then waypoint it, and drop it.. phone back in pocket and back to work....

thread here:

http://gtaforums.com...less-worthless/

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:46 PM

I get your idea. you mean crew colored smoke and explosion color???

PG.
  • PG.

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Mars

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:48 PM

yeah pretty much this. anything they add to customization will be great

• scubadave likes this

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:31 PM Edited by scubadave, 21 April 2014 - 09:32 PM.

yeah pretty much this. anything they add to customization will be great

GoldenPleasingAmericanavocet.gif

what about if for every extra $1,000 u spend on the bomb, it goes an extra one block radius on the map? so if you wanted a 5-block radius, you'd pay $5k, 10 city block radius, $10k. etc.???

xoC18H21NO3xo
  • xoC18H21NO3xo

GTA Addict

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:50 PM

I don't want to rain on this parade because the idea of nuke or dirty bomb is great, but to expect a nuke to cost less than an Adder is outrageous. Those things cost at least $10,000,000. I know of one that costs 28 mil. Plus I'm assuming we're getting the nuke, at least, black market, which will bring the price up a bit. But yeah I'm game, will our characters experience radiation poison and sickness?

• scubadave likes this

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:26 AM

I don't want to rain on this parade because the idea of nuke or dirty bomb is great, but to expect a nuke to cost less than an Adder is outrageous. Those things cost at least $10,000,000. I know of one that costs 28 mil. Plus I'm assuming we're getting the nuke, at least, black market, which will bring the price up a bit. But yeah I'm game, will our characters experience radiation poison and sickness?

thats the GTAO online currency exchange. with a high end apartment costing $400,000 that is actually probaly more like a $4million apartment (LOs Angeles duplex condo??) then it's basically a 10:1 exchange rate, so yeah, maybe it doesnt cost $100k but maybe $1million?

on the subject of radiation poison... yes, you'd probably be like the drunk mode in SP. and on the map, u'd see a big red zone where the fallout is. go in there and ur going to be affected...

Governator
  • Governator

Thompson Terminator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:31 AM

The console couldn't handle a nuke and the effect it would have on Los Santos.

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:15 PM

The console couldn't handle a nuke and the effect it would have on Los Santos.

well the console would just have to display this when the nuke goes off:

cmQr3LV.png

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:23 AM

I know we've discusssed it in other threads, but should be able to launch "delayed" nukes where we can leave the session, but the nuke basically goes off 30 minutes later to whoever is left in there or it follows somebody around sessions and keeps detonating for a set # of times (say 10).

also, what if there is a "super" nuke which costs $1million but would nuke every session going on at the moment . maybe not just all of them but say a few dozen???

• mareepx likes this

Ezza.
  • Ezza.

Massacro <3

• Members
  • Australia
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:52 AM

Well this is a trip down memory lane.

Made on the day I joined. [/nostalgia]

Why not a dirty bomb that you can put in someone's apartment. Say I wanted to kill a griefer hiding in his Apartment in eclipse, I could bribe the cleaning lady and get her to put a dirty briefcase bomb in his apartment. Then boom. A massive explosion would destroy the whole floor of the building.

I'd love to see my Custom Blue and chrome explosion (lol that sounds way too dirty) blow out of that building. Take like 1 in game day to fix

• scubadave and mareepx like this

iddqdvie
  • iddqdvie

Oldschool Rebel

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:08 AM

who is this scubadave guy and what drugs his he on?

• Willstig998 and elfoam like this

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:41 AM

Well this is a trip down memory lane.

Made on the day I joined. [/nostalgia]

Why not a dirty bomb that you can put in someone's apartment. Say I wanted to kill a griefer hiding in his Apartment in eclipse, I could bribe the cleaning lady and get her to put a dirty briefcase bomb in his apartment. Then boom. A massive explosion would destroy the whole floor of the building.

I'd love to see my Custom Blue and chrome explosion (lol that sounds way too dirty) blow out of that building. Take like 1 in game day to fix

this is a great idea. pay the cleaning lady, she drops off a cleaning cart in the apartment and then boom you are standing on the street corner and can see the windows get busted out and person fly out of it.

• Ezza. and elidc like this

elfoam
  • elfoam

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:53 AM Edited by elfoam, 11 June 2014 - 10:55 AM.

Nukes are not fun, shouldn't be fun and shouldn't be in a game (or anywhere). Hard to understand for those that have grown up while its been a non issue but not something we should ever think is cool. We could make it realistic, if someone uses one, the map is wiped out and non of us can ever play GTA again :).

Hover_Mode
  • Hover_Mode

Playa

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:10 AM

lmao seriously?

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:18 AM

Another scubadave thread -.- smh.

xskinzcity
  • xskinzcity

Lord of War

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:27 AM

what a horrendous idea, another thread talking about making this game COD... SMH

Willstig998
  • Willstig998

Brutaloz 4 Life

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:29 AM Edited by Willstig998, 11 June 2014 - 11:33 AM.

If you want nukes go and play Call Of Duty with the 12 year olds not Grand Theft Auto.

mareepx
  • mareepx

GTAF's Jennifer Lawrence fanboy

• Members
  • England

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:35 AM

I think there should be an Ultra Nuke that nukes every single server whether it's on PS3 or Xbox 360, and later, PC, PS4 and Xbox One.

If Rockstar don't give us this, then helpful PC players might make something of their own.

• scubadave likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users