Quantcast

» «
Photo

Nuke discussion

369 replies to this topic

Poll: How much would you pay for a nuke? (591 member(s) have cast votes)

How much would you pay for a suitcase/dirty/nuclear bomb?

1. $1 million (206 votes [34.86%])

Percentage of vote: 34.86%

2. $500,000 (52 votes [8.80%])

Percentage of vote: 8.80%

3. $250,000 (52 votes [8.80%])

Percentage of vote: 8.80%

4. $100,000 (81 votes [13.71%])

Percentage of vote: 13.71%

5. $50,000 (112 votes [18.95%])

Percentage of vote: 18.95%

6. Other (88 votes [14.89%])

Percentage of vote: 14.89%

...and what would it be?

1. Suitcase nuke (126 votes [21.32%])

Percentage of vote: 21.32%

2. Dirty bomb in a car (62 votes [10.49%])

Percentage of vote: 10.49%

3. H bomb dropped by Titan (348 votes [58.88%])

Percentage of vote: 58.88%

4. Other (55 votes [9.31%])

Percentage of vote: 9.31%

...and what would it do?

1. Wipe everybody off the map and collect all bounties (170 votes [28.76%])

Percentage of vote: 28.76%

2. Clear out an area the size of half of LS (167 votes [28.26%])

Percentage of vote: 28.26%

3. Clear out 5x5 city block area (192 votes [32.49%])

Percentage of vote: 32.49%

4. Other (62 votes [10.49%])

Percentage of vote: 10.49%

Vote Guests cannot vote
scubadave
  • scubadave

💎 Diamond Club 💎

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:23 PM Edited by scubadave, 15 August 2014 - 11:36 PM.

Let's use this thread to discuss nuclear bombs/dirty bomb/etc. specifics. I have already contacted Rockstar with my suggestion and will summarize the discussion here to submit on a ticket with them as a game suggestion.

First, take the poll and lets see where interest lies in price and scope of the weapon. To keep the poll to a resonable size, only generalized responses were listed. We can use this thread to discuss specifics. I'll edit this first post to incorporate suggestions.

Provide your opinion on these three aspects of the nuke:

• Price - anything up to a $1m seems reasonable, although with the current state of the economy perhaps have some $10m/$100m bombs out there, too (more realistic, but less sustainable after moneyocalpyse). Maybe have it a Merryweather thing, where you purchase the nuke feature for $1m and every usage is 50k, etc./one-day in game cool-off?
  • Scope - when you set it off, does it wipe the entire map out (along with NPCs)? Do you collect all the bounties? Are you also wiped out unless you're in your apt or in a Titan way off the coast (think about the snapmatics of that)? Wipe out 5x5 city blocks? Half of the greater Los Santos area? Can you outrun it in your Adder up Mt. Chilead/Vinewood hills? Do players end up in a drunken state/kill streak type of view for 5 minutes? Are all cars destroyed on the road? Think about hearing it go off, seeing the cloud moving towards you and jumping in your Adder.
  • Type - suitcase nuke? H-bomb dropped from Titan? dirty bomb in a car? something else?
  • Delivery Method - We also need to think about how we call this up... weapons wheel (in the case of the suitcase)? Is Lester involved or is this a Merryweather thing? Call the mechanic and he drops off a shipping container somewhere? Stick a pin on the map? Airstrike option? Paint something? Drop it yourself from an aircraft? A special car from Pegasus?

Please provide suggestions on price and mechanics. Keep in mind fairness for lower level players.

EDIT: So far people would pay $1m to drop an H-bomb from a Titan and blow up a 5x5 area of the map, although that is a closer vote, some would like to wipe out the entire map. Cooldown period probably necessary (1 day in game?). $1m to buy nukes, $10k per use.

EDIT: Scenario 1: what do you all think about this: you and two crew members, one guy on top of Maze bank, you in a titan and another guy spamming pegasus dirty cars around the downtown LSC..... then he gets the hell out of there and heads for the hills.  call in four or five bounties downtown to attract more players. meanwhile u grab the Titan with the H-bomb and proceed to downtown LS. MAZE BANK dude parachutes off and starts dropping EMPs like they are going out of style. you drop the nuke and get the f* out and head off to the coast of the del Perro pier. ur two crew members follow in a frogger, snapmatic that sh*t and rinse and repeat. tell me that wouldnt rawk.

GoldenPleasingAmericanavocet.gif

EDIT: Other possible weapons (non-nukes) from this post:

Anti-tank mines: Essentially just mines that can explode a tank if they go over them. First mine makes the tank smoke, and second one can finish it.

Javelin: A homing missile weapon against aircraft and tanks. Need to have lock-on to target though.

Flamethrower: A GTA classic should return.

Miniature Neutron Bomb: In a small scale, would send everything flying. First would appear to implode, but then explode violently. And I do not know if a neutron bomb behaves like this, but anyway, you know the bombs or explosions in some movies.

Napalm: Creates a fence of fire in a straight line. Requires an air strike type of a flare.

Cluster bomb: Would send a grenade only to have smaller grenades explode from it.

Shrapnel bomb: Sends shrapnel to the road or ground below, making everyone's tires pop or everyone stumble and get damaged if they drive/walk over it. Essentially a spike strip.

Plastic explosive: You can spray it like your currently pour Jerry can, but only in the way they put plastic explosives. I don't know. Anyway, you can spray it for as long as you want (with ammunition being similar to Jerry can one). If you wanted to do an explosion from Los Santos to Sandy Shores, there's your chance.

EDIT: Suggestions from this thread (Nuke Mechanics)

WTFThisIsntWii

• - You could only use it once per IRL hour.
  • - It unlocks at a high rank maybe Rank 75+.
  • - It costs $100,000 to use.
  • - Merryweather contact, ring them buy it and they will mark a Titan on the nearest landing strip. Collect the titan and fly it. Press right on the D-Pad and one bomb drops.
  • - Players on the ground get a 40 second warning.
  • - Rockstar implements bomb shelters but it's only open for athe 20 second time period. So players will race across the map and fight each other to get inside. After the 20 seconds all shelters are locked.
  • - Players stuck outside get a second chance, they have the remainkng 20 seconds to try to get into the air. Has to be above a certain altitude.
  • - The bomb drops, its poisonous gas not a nuke over the whole map, kills any players not in a designated bomb shelter or in the air. Doesn't destroy PVs.
  • - The bomb shelter has an interior with a TV playing an emergency broadcast and a few seats. No weapons inside like the apartments.
  • - Wait 30 seconds and a notification appears telling players it's safe to come out. Players walk to the bomb shelter door to exit.
  • - Player who dropped the bomb then has to deliver the empty titan back to the airfield.
  • - Once you deliver the plane you get 200 RP and $50,000 back from the original $100,000. If you destroy or keep the Titan for too long then Merryweather keeps the whole $100,000.

COOKIEMONSTER14 idea:

ability to nuke apartments and garages and LSC

from toybasher:

nuke to cost $1500 ingame dollars.

When used, it WIPES everybody off the map except the person who bought it. Their console shorts out, account is wiped, and their TV explodes, killing them instantly.

They then get a IRL text from Brian B. saying he's sorry for the inconvenience and they should buy the new SuperShark Card for $350 IRL dollars to get their stuff back.

Yeah I like this topic, I'm gonna leave this here
-Nuke costs $1 million, $100k per use
-Think of the 50k as a deposit w/ MW. If you return the Titan, you get back your deposit
-You pick up the titan and head to an area where you want to drop it
-If the nuke is dropped in the heart of LS (or bottom, idc) then people in Paleto Bay have a chance of survival if they go a few miles off shore. anyone in the bottom portion of the map is killed > :)
-Anyway, you go to drop the nuke
- Players get, like said before, a 40s warning. This warning isn't a "prepare to be nuked!" dealy, it's more along the lines of the TV and radio just switch to an emergency channel during those 40s (maybe with a countdown)
-During this time, the kiddies can mic spam Drop The Bomb On Em by Eminem
-Bomb explodes
-Boom
-Chradders explode
-People pulverize
-People in Paleto Bay wait in their yards (Or Chiliad), looking at the huge mushroom cloud coming from the city.

Zyq6qhk.gif

• GroundZero, return-to-innocence, kipakolonyasi and 8 others like this

deanstroyer
  • deanstroyer

West Side White Boy

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:29 PM

if 15 other players had bounties of 9000$ that would net you $135,000.00. so you loose $865 000.00 to get 15 kills? and thats if everyone has a bounty. 

imo all around terrible idea

• Zito, LancerG2 and ENZ0 like this

killa_b
  • killa_b

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:35 PM

if 15 other players had bounties of 9000$ that would net you $135,000.00. so you loose $865 000.00 to get 15 kills? and thats if everyone has a bounty. 

you know what that is don't you.....

somebody who is burning a hole through their pocket and wants to spend it before rockstar gets their grubby little hands back on it

• My Ark and gorskiegangsta like this

arziben
  • arziben

✈::::::: pew pew pew

• Members
  • France

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:36 PM

merryweather

thrown by a titan (destructible (reimbursed if destroyed ?))

sandy shores runway sized (half ?)

can't be thrown on the city

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

i get flustered at times

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:37 PM

suitcase nuke so i could get on my mic and yell ALAHHU ACKBAR and then explode everything

• GroundZero, dooshtoomun, Luk38644 and 29 others like this

JustinFudge
  • JustinFudge

Street Cat

• Members

Yea not very good ideas... Leave the nuke out bro
  • sqre, M210F and vozi45 like this

PS-B_C
  • PS-B_C

Thug

• Members

Thanks for the laugh.
  • GroundZero, Luk38644, Drunken Cowboy and 4 others like this

B-Turb0
  • B-Turb0

B-Turb0

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:38 PM

I agree...nuke idea wouldn't be ideal in any which way.....kinda dumb. Just nuke everyone....there r better ideas to throw around for more heavy arms vehicles and guns. No need for a "kill all" kind of weapon.

Constantfluxation
  • Constantfluxation

Playa

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:41 PM

NO, go back to cod.
  • GroundZero, xxRichter, Xx-ADITYA-xX and 13 others like this

Flyby29
  • Flyby29

"Settle Down Captain Happy"

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:42 PM

Go play cod
  • Toke, GroundZero, dooshtoomun and 8 others like this

BBQ RIBS
  • BBQ RIBS

Peon

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:43 PM

What the f*ck is this sh*t?

• Xx-ADITYA-xX and Spade115 like this

deanstroyer
  • deanstroyer

West Side White Boy

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:44 PM

somebody who is burning a hole through their pocket and wants to spend it before rockstar gets their grubby little hands back on it

yeah if you had to play 25+ missions to earn that cash like you would spend it on a bomb

SurlyOldManMN
  • SurlyOldManMN

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:45 PM

Fantastic. A room full of 16 modders with billions of dollars and unlimited nukes. Just what I was hoping for to up the quality of gameplay.
  • Magick, Katve, meatrocket8 and 7 others like this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:46 PM

It's not a good idea, especially because of all the billionaires and such.

I guess you could have a cooldown time, but in the end, there's no benefit of using it.

LeAristocrat
  • LeAristocrat

Leader of the LeAristocrats

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:54 PM

I would pay no more than 50k ($3,125 per player in a full lobby) have it in a suitcase, and have it kill all players on the map and collect all bounties. As a businessman, this option is the most feasible and sustainable to me. You might make some of your money back off of bounties, and the rest of your money pays for that e-peen "wow" factor to other players.

The price is also sustainable, where if R* decides to significantly manipulate the economy in the near future to boost cash card sales, reset online, etc., $50K, in my opinion, would still be a feasible amount to pay for the value you're getting.

Additionally, it may be cool to add level limits and cooldown periods to that feature. For example, make it so only level 150+ or something have access to it and have to wait an hour before using it again.

Lower levels shouldn't have immediate access to this, in my opinion, because it should be something they work for, just like the buzzard, tank, RPG, and minigun.

I like the idea. Two questions:

1.) Is there a warning that a nuke is coming (i.e. classic COD style)

2.) Would their be safezones? For example are people who hide in garages and homes safe?

• scubadave likes this

scubadave
  • scubadave

💎 Diamond Club 💎

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:56 PM Edited by scubadave, 01 January 2014 - 09:58 PM.

well like all ammo and weapons in this game, its not really to profit or even to get kills. the tank for example you'lll never make back the $1million cost but they seem to be pretty popular still.

I agree...nuke idea wouldn't be ideal in any which way.....kinda dumb. Just nuke everyone....there r better ideas to throw around for more heavy arms vehicles and guns. No need for a "kill all" kind of weapon.

so what other ideas do you have for heavy arms? letting a passenger operate the MG on the tank comes to mind as well as painting cars with stick-bomb type lasers for a better merryweather airstrike.

yeah if you had to play 25+ missions to earn that cash like you would spend it on a bomb

well you could purchase the nuke option from merryweather for $1mill then each usage is 10k or 25k or something....

Fantastic. A room full of 16 modders with billions of dollars and unlimited nukes. Just what I was hoping for to up the quality of gameplay.

if there's 16 modders in there you are one of them, so you can afford it. just keep ur titan nearby. 16 titans dropping nukes is another snapmatic opp.

I guess you could have a cooldown time, but in the end, there's no benefit of using it.

no benefit? I guess you've never seen a turbo tank with rapidfire (this is pre 1.04 patch days)

Magick
  • Magick

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:59 PM

Yeah, we really don't need to give the script kiddies any more griefing options

• who-dat, SecludedMemory, LahTigre and 1 other like this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:01 PM

no benefit? I guess you've never seen a turbo tank with rapidfire (this is pre 1.04 patch days)

A turbo tank with rapid fire is unnecessary.

The tank is bad enough as it is.

• DCxMoneyxMurdaz likes this

Lagful
  • Lagful

Certified Fresh

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:06 PM

• Biohazard Abyss and vozi45 like this

LeAristocrat
  • LeAristocrat

Leader of the LeAristocrats

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:10 PM

gifface_lol_gif.gif

Constantfluxation
  • Constantfluxation

Playa

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:11 PM

A stupid idea is stupid. Please let this thread die
  • meatrocket8, punishthem420 and vozi45 like this

JayDM420
  • JayDM420

0.14 KD

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:14 PM

Didn't vote as there is no "Stupid Idea" option...

• Tony., Kid SixXx, meatrocket8 and 10 others like this

deanstroyer
  • deanstroyer

West Side White Boy

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:16 PM

well like all ammo and weapons in this game, its not really to profit or even to get kills. the tank for example you'lll never make back the $1million cost but they seem to be pretty popular still.

so what other ideas do you have for heavy arms? letting a passenger operate the MG on the tank comes to mind as well as painting cars with stick-bomb type lasers for a better merryweather airstrike.

well you could purchase the nuke option from merryweather for $1mill then each usage is 10k or 25k or something....

if there's 16 modders in there you are one of them, so you can afford it. just keep ur titan nearby. 16 titans dropping nukes is another snapmatic opp.

there is no fun in pressing button to wipe everyone off the map

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:18 PM

I'd say a few millions to unlock, then 50k a pop for usage. Destroy half of the city. Nagasaki style.

Would be awesome to have the option to either trigger it manually at ground zero...or use a titan drop.

Obviously none of this will ever happen since Rockstar would get so much sh*t for making fun of nuclear threats.

Personally nothing really offends me anymore so I'd be game. Nothing quite like nuking a city afterall...

• scubadave likes this

SaturdayNight
  • SaturdayNight

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:18 PM

This sounds impossible but awesome. 

• scubadave likes this

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:21 PM

OTHER :: OTHER :: OTHER

The "others" being that I wouldn't want such a thing. Really no need for it, in my game. ;)

Taylor7500
  • Taylor7500

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:22 PM

I'd say wiping out the entire map is a really stupid idea, or you'd just end up with trolls and douches setting it off every 15 seconds.

In fact for that reason, the entire concept is a terrible idea. Stick with car bombs.

• frothyy and vozi45 like this

scubadave
  • scubadave

💎 Diamond Club 💎

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:33 PM

Yeah, we really don't need to give the script kiddies any more griefing options

scripting/modding/hacking is one thing, that is game security. this is game mechanics. if designed and implemented correctly, any weapon, including tanks, heavy bombs, etc. could work without contributing to griefing.it might take a few years, but it would. in fact, nukes might just be the way to combat current grief methods, like tanks in god mode.

I'd say wiping out the entire map is a really stupid idea, or you'd just end up with trolls and douches setting it off every 15 seconds.

In fact for that reason, the entire concept is a terrible idea. Stick with car bombs.

there's an option for a car dirty bomb, which would probably only blast a few square blocks of los santos. not the map, and a cooldown period of 1 day or so. no griefing and so what you get nailed by a dirty bomb.

it just seems there needs to be a constant evolution of weapons, and not broken bottles. the holy grail here is the minigun??? we can do better. we need to do better.

.Polar_Bear.
  • .Polar_Bear.

Suave GAYmer

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:37 PM

This isn't a War game.

• Cakelover21 likes this

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:55 PM

Wrong game. R* doesn't have the ingenuity for something like this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users