Let's use this thread to discuss nuclear bombs/dirty bomb/etc. specifics. I have already contacted Rockstar with my suggestion and will summarize the discussion here to submit on a ticket with them as a game suggestion.
First, take the poll and lets see where interest lies in price and scope of the weapon. To keep the poll to a resonable size, only generalized responses were listed. We can use this thread to discuss specifics. I'll edit this first post to incorporate suggestions.
Provide your opinion on these three aspects of the nuke:
- Price - anything up to a $1m seems reasonable, although with the current state of the economy perhaps have some $10m/$100m bombs out there, too (more realistic, but less sustainable after moneyocalpyse). Maybe have it a Merryweather thing, where you purchase the nuke feature for $1m and every usage is 50k, etc./one-day in game cool-off?
- Scope - when you set it off, does it wipe the entire map out (along with NPCs)? Do you collect all the bounties? Are you also wiped out unless you're in your apt or in a Titan way off the coast (think about the snapmatics of that)? Wipe out 5x5 city blocks? Half of the greater Los Santos area? Can you outrun it in your Adder up Mt. Chilead/Vinewood hills? Do players end up in a drunken state/kill streak type of view for 5 minutes? Are all cars destroyed on the road? Think about hearing it go off, seeing the cloud moving towards you and jumping in your Adder.
- Type - suitcase nuke? H-bomb dropped from Titan? dirty bomb in a car? something else?
- Delivery Method - We also need to think about how we call this up... weapons wheel (in the case of the suitcase)? Is Lester involved or is this a Merryweather thing? Call the mechanic and he drops off a shipping container somewhere? Stick a pin on the map? Airstrike option? Paint something? Drop it yourself from an aircraft? A special car from Pegasus?
Please provide suggestions on price and mechanics. Keep in mind fairness for lower level players.
EDIT: So far people would pay $1m to drop an H-bomb from a Titan and blow up a 5x5 area of the map, although that is a closer vote, some would like to wipe out the entire map. Cooldown period probably necessary (1 day in game?). $1m to buy nukes, $10k per use.
EDIT: Scenario 1: what do you all think about this: you and two crew members, one guy on top of Maze bank, you in a titan and another guy spamming pegasus dirty cars around the downtown LSC..... then he gets the hell out of there and heads for the hills. call in four or five bounties downtown to attract more players. meanwhile u grab the Titan with the H-bomb and proceed to downtown LS. MAZE BANK dude parachutes off and starts dropping EMPs like they are going out of style. you drop the nuke and get the f* out and head off to the coast of the del Perro pier. ur two crew members follow in a frogger, snapmatic that sh*t and rinse and repeat. tell me that wouldnt rawk.
EDIT: Other possible weapons (non-nukes) from this post:
Anti-tank mines: Essentially just mines that can explode a tank if they go over them. First mine makes the tank smoke, and second one can finish it.
Javelin: A homing missile weapon against aircraft and tanks. Need to have lock-on to target though.
Flamethrower: A GTA classic should return.
Miniature Neutron Bomb: In a small scale, would send everything flying. First would appear to implode, but then explode violently. And I do not know if a neutron bomb behaves like this, but anyway, you know the bombs or explosions in some movies.
Napalm: Creates a fence of fire in a straight line. Requires an air strike type of a flare.
Cluster bomb: Would send a grenade only to have smaller grenades explode from it.
Shrapnel bomb: Sends shrapnel to the road or ground below, making everyone's tires pop or everyone stumble and get damaged if they drive/walk over it. Essentially a spike strip.
Plastic explosive: You can spray it like your currently pour Jerry can, but only in the way they put plastic explosives. I don't know. Anyway, you can spray it for as long as you want (with ammunition being similar to Jerry can one). If you wanted to do an explosion from Los Santos to Sandy Shores, there's your chance.
EDIT: Suggestions from this thread (Nuke Mechanics)
- - You could only use it once per IRL hour.
- - It unlocks at a high rank maybe Rank 75+.
- - It costs $100,000 to use.
- - Merryweather contact, ring them buy it and they will mark a Titan on the nearest landing strip. Collect the titan and fly it. Press right on the D-Pad and one bomb drops.
- - Players on the ground get a 40 second warning.
- - Rockstar implements bomb shelters but it's only open for athe 20 second time period. So players will race across the map and fight each other to get inside. After the 20 seconds all shelters are locked.
- - Players stuck outside get a second chance, they have the remainkng 20 seconds to try to get into the air. Has to be above a certain altitude.
- - The bomb drops, its poisonous gas not a nuke over the whole map, kills any players not in a designated bomb shelter or in the air. Doesn't destroy PVs.
- - The bomb shelter has an interior with a TV playing an emergency broadcast and a few seats. No weapons inside like the apartments.
- - Wait 30 seconds and a notification appears telling players it's safe to come out. Players walk to the bomb shelter door to exit.
- - Player who dropped the bomb then has to deliver the empty titan back to the airfield.
- - Once you deliver the plane you get 200 RP and $50,000 back from the original $100,000. If you destroy or keep the Titan for too long then Merryweather keeps the whole $100,000.
ability to nuke apartments and garages and LSC
nuke to cost $1500 ingame dollars.
When used, it WIPES everybody off the map except the person who bought it. Their console shorts out, account is wiped, and their TV explodes, killing them instantly.
They then get a IRL text from Brian B. saying he's sorry for the inconvenience and they should buy the new SuperShark Card for $350 IRL dollars to get their stuff back.
Yeah I like this topic, I'm gonna leave this here
-Nuke costs $1 million, $100k per use
-Think of the 50k as a deposit w/ MW. If you return the Titan, you get back your deposit
-You pick up the titan and head to an area where you want to drop it
-If the nuke is dropped in the heart of LS (or bottom, idc) then people in Paleto Bay have a chance of survival if they go a few miles off shore. anyone in the bottom portion of the map is killed >
-Anyway, you go to drop the nuke
- Players get, like said before, a 40s warning. This warning isn't a "prepare to be nuked!" dealy, it's more along the lines of the TV and radio just switch to an emergency channel during those 40s (maybe with a countdown)
-During this time, the kiddies can mic spam Drop The Bomb On Em by Eminem
-People in Paleto Bay wait in their yards (Or Chiliad), looking at the huge mushroom cloud coming from the city.