Photo

Irony just punched me in the balls.

52 replies to this topic
williamcampbell
  • williamcampbell

The trespasser of dimensions.

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:43 AM Edited by williamcampbell, 04 January 2014 - 04:46 AM.

Seems as though officers always walk up right to the bush I'm hiding in. Even with a dozen meters in between me and them, I'm spotted.

They're omniscient, as I said. I don't remember a SINGLE time when they didn't know which way to find me. And that's bloody ridiculous, really. One thing is if someone sees you and the cops search the nearby area because of the info that they received from the witness... But what happens in the game is that they go directly to where you are, not the nearby area. Sure, with some luck maybe you'll escape, but the point is that they go straight to where you are - there's no searching, no doubts.

And McGyver55, thanks for the post! Indeed, this is how my game works too. I've been playing GTA since the very first game and I have to say: I expected way better for this game. There's no intelligence involved. Maybe you're right about the animal witnesses!

Mr Oraange
  • Mr Oraange

shriek

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:49 AM

Seems as though officers always walk up right to the bush I'm hiding in. Even with a dozen meters in between me and them, I'm spotted.

They're omniscient, as I said. I don't remember a SINGLE time when they didn't know which way to find me. And that's bloody ridiculous, really. One thing is if someone sees you and the cops search the nearby area because of the info that they received from the witness... But what happens in the game is that they go directly to where you are, not the nearby area. Sure, with some luck maybe you'll escape, but the point is that they go straight to where you are - there's no searching, no doubts.

And McGyver55, thanks for the post! Indeed, this is how my game works too. I've been playing GTA since the very first game and I have to say: I expected way better for this game. There's no intelligence involved. 

It does make sense though, now that I've put some thought to it. A black or white head popping out of a bush doesn't really seem natural or inconspicuous, especially when you're on the hunt for a suspect in the area. Other times, officers generally seem to act very smart, or at least natural. 

• Cutter De Blanc likes this

williamcampbell
  • williamcampbell

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:07 PM

It does make sense though, now that I've put some thought to it. A black or white head popping out of a bush doesn't really seem natural or inconspicuous, especially when you're on the hunt for a suspect in the area. Other times, officers generally seem to act very smart, or at least natural. 

It is very natural indeed for you to run away, hide in a rooftop away from everyone's view and the police go straight to where you are. Only that it is totally not natural. 

I never, ever saw the cops searching the area in a natural way. They always seem to go straight to your whereabouts. That may be the correct thing to do if someone saw you and told 'em, but as many mentioned here already this is not always the case.

As for the bushes, yes, it may look strange to see a head popping out - but then again, if you run away and hide in a bush in the middle of nowhere, how exactly they knew that they should go there? That's what happens to me every single time. 

D3ADSH0T
  • D3ADSH0T

witcher

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:00 PM

Let me put it clear, then: I played the game yesterday. As of 2014's first day, then, I still can't kill anyone where there's literally NO ONE around without getting wanted stars, just like the so called "hiding" does absolutely nothing. Cops are still as omniscient as ever. Even with the "grey dot" stuff.

No, you are not.  It still happens to me...
I have a theory on that though... maybe it is stupid, depends on how the game is coded... but I shot a guy who ran into me with a dirt bike... there was NOBODY around... No humans, but there were three coyotes right near him... I turned to leave, and as I did, I got a star... when I looked back the coyotes were gone, I had a helicopter with me and I got up in the air to see who the hell called the cops, I did a quick swing around the area and there was NO ONE... 
I once joked about this asking "WTF do the animals have cell phone too?", but I think I might not be too far off...  PERHAPS (this is really just a guess) the game get confused and mistakes wildlife for "witness" NPCs and assumes a call was made... several of the times when I got a wanted star for mayhem, there were just animals, either coyotes or deer- NO HUMANS... and either there is a huge flaw in the game, or there is some random glitch with the wildlife being considered witnesses.
To be honest who the f**k knows, at best the is a small explanation for an annoying occurrence.

Buzzkill man.
Yeah its true. Its coded in the game so that animals call the police. Its really f*cking annoying and I don't know y R* put it in. Here's the link if u don't believe me.
http://www.ps3hax.ne...6450#post666450

williamcampbell
  • williamcampbell

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:19 PM Edited by williamcampbell, 07 January 2014 - 03:20 PM.

Yeah its true. Its coded in the game so that animals call the police. Its really f*cking annoying and I don't know y R* put it in. Here's the link if u don't believe me.
http://www.ps3hax.ne...6450#post666450

Thanks for sharing! There you have it (including part of the issue I mentioned, with cops always knowing where you are):

The spawn distance from player was also increased a bit so cops wont spawn the next block down from you when you're unseen and a mile away from your last known position, and the amount of time between cops spawning was also increased 1-2 seconds. Lastly, witnessinformation.meta was changed, I removed animal from it... that's right animals were calling the police on you.

D3ADSH0T
  • D3ADSH0T

witcher

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:23 PM

@williamcampbell
Thanks for highlighting that part bro. How do u feel about that animal calling the cops nonsense?

williamcampbell
  • williamcampbell

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:48 PM Edited by williamcampbell, 07 January 2014 - 03:48 PM.

I feel like all this time it was right in front of me and I still couldn't dare to say that this was about mountain lions being witnesses! Seriously, people complain about jetpacks and we still don't have the cops fixed. This is very annoying. But then again all I see nowadays is people wishing for more "flashier" games, not working ones. 

I just think that after all this time it could be better. I wasn't disappointed at all when Rockstar delayed the game, but that's because I thought they would work on it so it would be fully working by its release date! I also think that they're dedicating too much time to Online instead of working on a patch for SP. But maybe that'll come along with DLC?

PS.: McGyver55, you were spot on. As absurd as it was!

unfairlane
  • unfairlane

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:37 PM

Another reason then for killing the coyotes; they might be undercover-cops :blink:

• krashr likes this

xenorama
  • xenorama

Go Commando!

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:44 AM

I just now read the topic title as "Iron Man just punched me in the balls."

• Dog_Bread and unfairlane like this

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:00 AM Edited by killahmatic, 08 January 2014 - 04:04 AM.

You'd get a 4 star wanted level for staring at a guy for a minute.

But you can steal a car, use it to run 8 people over and if you just leave then, you won't even get looked at wrong.

Thats one thing I'll never understand about V. Simply offending a person by saying something or bumping into them well have the cops on you. It makes no sense.  So, now if it even looks like someone's pulling out a phone I murder them.

Cops really aren't fun anymore. I like that you can hide from them now rather than how it was in IV, but its become more difficult because of the way they ram you while driving, and how quickly helicopters respawn. I'm not a fan of the automatic jump from one start to two stars either. 

unfairlane
  • unfairlane

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:46 AM

Offending? Michael said hello to a girl once and she called the police.Shortly asfter he was killed, did not try to Escape, I just could not believe it :blink:

mybe she was an undercover cop?

williamcampbell
  • williamcampbell

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:50 AM Edited by williamcampbell, 09 January 2014 - 02:53 AM.

The way it works it's bloody awful. Sometimes I just stand there, doing nothing, and someone will find it offensive and call the cops. Imagine if in real life people called the cops everytime you bumped into them by mistake or looked in their direction! So please, no more "but it's realistic" BS. 

Oh, and the animal witnesses reminds me of this:

Classic!

By the way, if this forum was GTA V's world, I would have 10 stars on my ass right now thanks to my posts in the mural thread - if bumping into someone is so offensive, I can only imagine the huge sin that is to say "your theories are absurd and it seems like there's no jetpack in this game"!

• unfairlane likes this

krashr
  • krashr

soul glo

• The Precinct
  • Mars
  • Best Dreads 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Draw Contest Dishonorable Mention 2016

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:54 AM Edited by krashr, 09 January 2014 - 12:41 PM.

deleted.

A-Wax8
  • A-Wax8

Geah

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:53 PM

have they fixed  this animal whitness thing ?

williamcampbell
  • williamcampbell

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 March 2014 - 03:30 AM

I'm not sure but hiding is still random as of today, after the latest update. I tried. Sometimes it works and sometimes the cops will go right to your position, even if you did hide out of their sight. It's not uncommon to run, run, run (not a Velvet Underground reference), hide your car somewhere out of their sight and suddenly a police car spawns nearby, stops by the place you're hiding and find you. 

I guess that's the point of the UFOs easter egg: they're watching you and sending your coordinates to the police!

steve0london
  • steve0london

FatherTruckin P I M P

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 March 2014 - 03:40 AM

^DLC storyline leaked^

D3ADSH0T
  • D3ADSH0T

witcher

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 March 2014 - 10:41 AM Edited by D3ADSH0T, 09 March 2014 - 10:43 AM.

For me the cops are fine. I know how it works so whenever I get a wanted level, I get into a new vehicle and my blip turns grey. While its grey you can literally drive past cop cars or just follow them and laugh while they try to find you, not knowing your behind them all along.

Once I was wanted with a 3 star wanted level and I was in a 3 way intersection. The cops came from one way and there was a bus in front of them. I drove next to the bus and they couldn't see me!!

For ME the wanted system is fine. :) I have no problems with a one star wanted level as they are always a street or two away from me.

williamcampbell
  • williamcampbell

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 March 2014 - 06:43 PM Edited by williamcampbell, 09 March 2014 - 06:44 PM.

For me the cops are fine. I know how it works so whenever I get a wanted level, I get into a new vehicle and my blip turns grey. While its grey you can literally drive past cop cars or just follow them and laugh while they try to find you, not knowing your behind them all along.

Once I was wanted with a 3 star wanted level and I was in a 3 way intersection. The cops came from one way and there was a bus in front of them. I drove next to the bus and they couldn't see me!!

For ME the wanted system is fine. :) I have no problems with a one star wanted level as they are always a street or two away from me.

You know, to me (my opinion) this is exactly the kind of thing that shows how broken the system is - apparently, it's totally random. I've been many times in situations very similar to yours before and the exactly opposite happened, with the cops recognizing me straight away. Grey blip and all. Just like other times when I ran from their sight, decided to hide in a place where no one could see me and suddenly their car stopped by, the cops got out of the car and went right to where I was hiding, as if some sort of omniscient force (the UFOs?) told them my coordinates. 

And then again, other times it worked just fine. Seems like it's random.

Car-Jack
  • Car-Jack

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:59 PM

After the mission "Hood Safari", I got out of sight of the cops, then went into some completely empty docks (of which I couldn't even find the entrance other than by sea), and sat there for a while. I saw helicopters coming after like 30 seconds, despite the emptiness. They were flying above the docks, right above my location, but could not actually locate me, of course, as there was a ceiling over me. Then I notice I suddenly have 4 stars, no idea how it happened since I killed no one, and it seemed like I obtained it even while I had 3 flashing stars. I just stood behind a wall and waited a minute more or so, then cops spawn and, of course, they come right to my location. Too many omniscience indeed.

TXF
  • TXF

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:26 PM Edited by TXF, 19 March 2014 - 01:29 PM.

The best way to get rid of cops for me..

If you have 1-2 stars. drive into the mountains/hills. The actual hills, as in get off the roads. They don't seem to look anywhere but the roads over there. So as long as you're not getting chased by helicopters, they won't find you.

Changing vehicles. Seems to always work for me. If you get a wanted level, simply steal a new car and drive off. Obviously stay away from the police, but they're not looking for you as hard when you're in a different car. I've gotten fairly close to cops, even inside their view cone, without them finding me while I was in a new car. Although if you stay in the 'cone' too long, they will notice you, then you'll have to find another new car. But they won't be driving straight at you anymore. They'll be driving towards your last known location.

Bushes barely ever work for me. They look around randomly for a bit searching, then end up staring at the bush I'm in for a couple seconds, then "OH THERE HE IS". It's only worked once or twice, and that was when I was also under something, in a corner.

Police are a bit too..observant? Shooting someone on top of a mountain with no one around, with a silenced pistol shouldn't get me a wanted level. Same with using a silencer in a back alley or something. Also annoying when you just stand near someone too long and they get mad and call the cops.

Trevorphilipjfry
  • Trevorphilipjfry

Sandy Shores surfer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:22 AM

I think the biggest problem with the police, apart from their omniscient nature, is their aggressiveness and superhuman accuracy, and how quickly they're able to shoot when running around a corner, if you look at officers, they run around a corner, with their weapon aiming down, and before they've even managed to raise their weapon to aim at you've they've already fired. The bullets,SHOULD, hit the ground in front of you, but somehow they manage to hit you. Which makes no sense to me :(

Perez84
  • Perez84

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:57 AM

The wanted level system in this game sucks, they killed most of the fun in free roam. You can't go wild here and there without cops annoying you for less than nothing.

McGyver55
  • McGyver55

Easter Egg Casualty

• Members

Posted 13 April 2014 - 01:58 PM Edited by McGyver55, 13 April 2014 - 02:32 PM.

Holy crapcakes... I was right.

Thanks for confirming that D3ADSHOT.

Yeah, funny thing is back after I made that post I tested that idea I had several times and noticed similar results with different animals... so it does not surprise me that I was right, just that they would not fix something so absurdly stupid, fun killing and bad like that... especially when you are totally alone, like up on a mountain (its so ridiculous to actually see police cars spawn in places where there is no logical vehicular access and where in some cases they actually slide off the mountain)...

So I'm wondering about WHY Rockstar would have animals included in the witness list data... I could see it perhaps being accidentally copy/pasted or using a shared list... but that just comes across as really, really, really lazy and crappy.

To be honest... my respect for Rockstar management just went down like 10 points to an all time low... sorry, but between the stupid mural mystery hunt (if there was no goddamn jetpack, then there should never have been a damn drawing of it on the mural- its overtly misleading), which Rockstar has made millions of dollars on by trolling the fans of the series, to crap like animal witnesses, it just makes them look like a bunch of greedy punks...

Very early on in the game release I made a joke about shooting a cougar and getting a wanted level (which did really happen)... I never found anyone who could have made a call to the police (but I was on foot, so who knew for sure- they could have ran away or unspawned by the time I got to where they were)... but I joked about whether it was the cougar's wife calling the cops-

Mrs Cougar: "someone just shot my husband... on mount Joshua, by the dead tree, near the boulder that looks like Phil Collins... hurry, I'm scared!"...

What I pictured as funny glitch, was actually coded...

WOW... talk about feeling like Iron Man just punched you in the balls...

EDITED TO ADD: I want to point out that while I did generally like the game, I hate when people REFUSE to accept that it has some very ANNOYING flaws and just blindly stick up for Rockstar and try to make the person who has a legitimate complaint look like they are a whiney a**hole...

Thanks  D3ADSHOT for giving me a very tangible reference to point out a verifiable flaw... which I will not hesitate to inform people of... (I'll also credit you with this find).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users