Irony just punched me in the balls.

52 replies to this topic
IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2014 - 07:47 PM

Okay, for every second I have played this game for, I have hated cops.

Liked nothing about em.

Then recently, I was hit by three facts all at once.

The star thing depends on how long you stay there.

Bushes are literally the most opaque things ever, f*cking cement bushes that no cop can even come close to seeing through.

And simply driving into a Los Santos Customs, not even respraying your car, takes away your wanted level.

This made life a whole lot easier for me, hope it does for any of you guys.

• UltraGizmo64 and theGTAking101 like this

Luuk'
  • Luuk'

Sup

• Members
  • Nigeria

Posted 01 January 2014 - 07:49 PM

But isn't LSC closed when you're wanted?

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2014 - 07:52 PM

It's open if they don't see you drive in.

• Luuk' likes this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2014 - 07:53 PM

@DutchGangsta

Only if cops can see you.

• Luuk' likes this

heer
  • heer

I like girls

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:01 PM

?

Raavi
  • Raavi

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation

• Administrator
  • European-Union
  • Best Moderator 2016
    Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:01 PM Edited by Raavi, 01 January 2014 - 08:02 PM.

Moved to Cheats & Tricks More appropriate here.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:05 PM

?

You'd get a 4 star wanted level for staring at a guy for a minute.

But you can steal a car, use it to run 8 people over and if you just leave then, you won't even get looked at wrong.

• krashr likes this

heer
  • heer

I like girls

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:07 PM

?

You'd get a 4 star wanted level for staring at a guy for a minute.

But you can steal a car, use it to run 8 people over and if you just leave then, you won't even get looked at wrong.

wow didn't know that

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:27 AM

also if you kill someone and you get a wanted level it means that there are reports of a murder in your location, but the cops don't know that it was you, so you have to get away from there, if you kill another person when having a wanted level  you'll see how the radar flashes red and blue, it doesn't mean that the cops have seen you but it means that they've received a new report of another murder in your location, so you have to get away again, also if you switch to another car your minimap dot will turn grey indicating that the cops won't see you unless you drive past them.

• ten-a-penny likes this

SHARKEM
  • SHARKEM

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:20 PM

the cops are like rain on your wedding day?

• epoxi, AnEvilVet, Zwenkwiel and 1 other like this

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:33 PM

In single player you can not enter the lsc with a wanted level. Online you can enter and it removes your wanted level.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:47 PM

In single player you can not enter the lsc with a wanted level. Online you can enter and it removes your wanted level.

Again, in both modes. A Los Santos Customs functions like a Pay 'n Spray when you're not seen when entering it.

Untame Snail
  • Untame Snail

What?

• Members
  • Rwanda

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:01 PM

Bushes aren't entirely useful. If you're in a cop's line of sight for too long, they'll still notice you. Just like if you get into another car and get too close. It makes it harder for them to spot you, but not impossible.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:22 PM

Again, in both modes. A Los Santos Customs functions like a Pay 'n Spray when you're not seen when entering it.

I just tried going to lsc in single player with a wanted level. Even though I was out of sight of the cops I still received a "lose the cops" message and could not go in.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:34 PM

I just tried going to lsc in single player with a wanted level. Even though I was out of sight of the cops I still received a "lose the cops" message and could not go in.

How many stars are on you? Cause I know for a fact that you can go in with stars on you.. Haven't tried out the higher wanted levels.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:12 PM

How many stars are on you? Cause I know for a fact that you can go in with stars on you.. Haven't tried out the higher wanted levels.

I tried it with one star just to test it out.

williamcampbell
  • williamcampbell

The trespasser of dimensions.

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:46 PM

So I'm the only person in the planet unable to kill someone out in the desert with no one around and get no stars? Or hide TOTALLY AWAY FROM COPS and not be unseen? In my copy, at least, they're almost omniscient.

madmanaz
  • madmanaz

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:56 PM

I agree Will. I was literally JUST playing. I was in an area of the forest far from any roads or towns. I heard a mountain lion and put two suppressed rounds into its skull. Police were there in less than 30 seconds. Of course, I had no vehicle so I had to kill the first set of police, take their car and hope I make it to the next set of bushes to hide.

MrMunchs
  • MrMunchs

Thug

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:07 PM

So I'm the only person in the planet unable to kill someone out in the desert with no one around and get no stars? Or hide TOTALLY AWAY FROM COPS and not be unseen? In my copy, at least, they're almost omniscient.

They appear even in online at north yankton lol

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:11 PM

That's like a f*cking Octuple negative. I have no idea what you even said.

• Dog_Bread and Zwenkwiel like this

williamcampbell
  • williamcampbell

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:38 PM Edited by williamcampbell, 02 January 2014 - 10:39 PM.

Let me put it clear, then: I played the game yesterday. As of 2014's first day, then, I still can't kill anyone where there's literally NO ONE around without getting wanted stars, just like the so called "hiding" does absolutely nothing. Cops are still as omniscient as ever. Even with the "grey dot" stuff.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:53 PM

Let me put it clear, then: I played the game yesterday. As of 2014's first day, then, I still can't kill anyone where there's literally NO ONE around without getting wanted stars, just like the so called "hiding" does absolutely nothing. Cops are still as omniscient as ever. Even with the "grey dot" stuff.

Ah.

As I said before, bushes are concrete.

When switching cars, they're not looking for the car, they're looking for you in the car. So there's a chance they see you in the different car and there's a chance they don't. So don't think of it as a new body ...Think of it as a second chance, so if you hide in an alley or are simply driving out of their sight, it's so you can get your sh*t together and leave without being spotted even when you're in their cone.

williamcampbell
  • williamcampbell

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:59 PM Edited by williamcampbell, 02 January 2014 - 11:01 PM.

But, see, that's exactly the issue: to me it all looks way too random. Not like it was planned that way. Just like sometimes I'm playing and it all looks perfect: I got away, no one saw me and I've ran to the nearest rooftop. Cops don't find me and that's it. Then suddenly I'm in that very situation again, I run to the rooftop and lo and behold they know exactly where I am. Even if no one saw me. Even if no friggin' cop was nearby. But yes, they run directly to where I am.

It just looks way too random, including what you just mentioned. I never saw real intelligence while running from cops, just luck and chance. That's exactly one of the biggest flaws in this game, IMO. Even when things work out fine, you can see that they're still omniscient and you just got lucky. I never found myself in an occasion where cops didn't know which way to look for me, only occasions when for some reason they didn't climb that ladder.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:14 PM

But, see, that's exactly the issue: to me it all looks way too random. Not like it was planned that way. Just like sometimes I'm playing and it all looks perfect: I got away, no one saw me and I've ran to the nearest rooftop. Cops don't find me and that's it. Then suddenly I'm in that very situation again, I run to the rooftop and lo and behold they know exactly where I am. Even if no one saw me. Even if no friggin' cop was nearby. But yes, they run directly to where I am.

It just looks way too random, including what you just mentioned. I never saw real intelligence while running from cops, just luck and chance. That's exactly one of the biggest flaws in this game, IMO. Even when things work out fine, you can see that they're still omniscient and you just got lucky. I never found myself in an occasion where cops didn't know which way to look for me, only occasions when for some reason they didn't climb that ladder.

Well this one might be useful... It's really easy to lose em just by driving at high speed on the train track, they don't spawn on it, it's elevated on a lot of areas, with lots of tunnels..If you just keep an eye out of the train, you should be good.

And in Online, if you go offroad they just break ..They stop functioning and they don't know how to reach you when there's no road.

And well, a lot of that stuff really is by chance... As people are, sometimes people are alerts, and sometimes, those were the droids they were looking for!

I just found these things out and they made life a whole lot easier for me ..Not sure about others.

PedoneRosso
  • PedoneRosso

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:25 PM Edited by PedoneRosso, 02 January 2014 - 11:27 PM.

I don't know about other persons on the planet, but in my case I can kill ONE GTA-person even in the city and get no stars, as long as I'm not too close to witnesses and/or as long as I speed away from the "crime scene".

If I put down TWO victims, instead, I get a wanted level even if there's nobody around.

Also, I see often mentioned how people always start attacking your character just if you stand there doing nothing, while to me this kind of things happens only when surrounded by specific pedestrians, such as gang members (e.g. in the hispanic zone of the city), muscle freaks near the beach, and sometimes working people (e.g. streat-repair guys). But I was never attacked by the common woman or mellow looking man strolling around if I didn't do anything aggressive myself first.

----------------------------------------------

On a correlated topic to the one of this thread (game's AI), an hilarious looking thing happened to me in front of the "Oriental Theatre" the other day: I was looking at the masked guys there (BTW: a lot of people around me taking shots of the little show with their phones, and nobody attacked me) when I saw a very fat pedestrian running full speed from down the sidewalk and jumping on my parked car.

I was GTA-ed by an obese pedestrian out of nowhere!

williamcampbell
  • williamcampbell

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:57 PM

I don't know about other persons on the planet, but in my case I can kill ONE GTA-person even in the city and get no stars, as long as I'm not too close to witnesses and/or as long as I speed away from the "crime scene".

If I put down TWO victims, instead, I get a wanted level even if there's nobody around.

That's what I don't understand and found to be totally random in my game. Sometimes I can kill a single person in the middle of EVERYONE and get absolutely NO star. On the other hand, many times I killed a ped in the middle of nowhere and that spawned the cops - which went directly at me, no matter if I just stood there or ran away.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:03 PM

Well this one might be useful... It's really easy to lose em just by driving at high speed on the train track, they don't spawn on it, it's elevated on a lot of areas, with lots of tunnels..If you just keep an eye out of the train, you should be good.

And in Online, if you go offroad they just break ..They stop functioning and they don't know how to reach you when there's no road.

And well, a lot of that stuff really is by chance... As people are, sometimes people are alerts, and sometimes, those were the droids they were looking for!

I just found these things out and they made life a whole lot easier for me ..Not sure about others.

It's not evading that's the problem here. The problem is who the hell was even around to report these crimes? How do you get a wanted star for killing one lone dude? It's not like they couldn't program cops to only respond to ped calls, the certainly do if they get called on you FOR WAITING AT A SUBWAY!

McGyver55
  • McGyver55

Easter Egg Casualty

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:32 AM

No, you are not.  It still happens to me...

I have a theory on that though... maybe it is stupid, depends on how the game is coded... but I shot a guy who ran into me with a dirt bike... there was NOBODY around... No humans, but there were three coyotes right near him... I turned to leave, and as I did, I got a star... when I looked back the coyotes were gone, I had a helicopter with me and I got up in the air to see who the hell called the cops, I did a quick swing around the area and there was NO ONE... 

I once joked about this asking "WTF do the animals have cell phone too?", but I think I might not be too far off...  PERHAPS (this is really just a guess) the game get confused and mistakes wildlife for "witness" NPCs and assumes a call was made... several of the times when I got a wanted star for mayhem, there were just animals, either coyotes or deer- NO HUMANS... and either there is a huge flaw in the game, or there is some random glitch with the wildlife being considered witnesses.

To be honest who the f**k knows, at best the is a small explanation for an annoying occurrence.

I have given up ever "hiding" from the cops in this game... maybe four or five times it worked, but only on two stars... three and above, only a helicopter lets you get far enough to breathe, and then over 3 they just keep spawning choppers in front of you till they get you or you quit the game...

My best strategy, 1-2 stars head for the hills or train tracks that run through countryside... if you can get far enough up a hill or mountainside you can park and wait it out... three stars... maybe if you can avoid helicopters... four and above, forget it you are f**ked, just kill yourself or quit the game. 

I'm still trying to figure out if they toned down the police chases being attracted to you... previously almost every time I had a chase (cops VS NPCs) materialize in back of me, they seem to home in on me, ramming into me (and thusly giving me 1 or 2 stars) even if I was on the curb or pulled into a driveway or lot... that has not happened in quite a while, they even seem to keep a slight distance sometimes.

I still have to say, having played all the GTA games... the cops in V suck the most, not just because of the aggression level, but because this is a game released in 2013... they have been promising "improved" cop AI from GTA III on... yes, they added potentially cool details, but the witness thing just kills all that because even stuff like bailing out of a plane gets you wanted stars...

Buzzkill man.

Mr Oraange
  • Mr Oraange

shriek

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:39 AM

Seems as though officers always walk up right to the bush I'm hiding in. Even with a dozen meters in between me and them, I'm spotted.

krashr
  • krashr

soul glo

• The Precinct
  • Mars
  • Best Dreads 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Draw Contest Dishonorable Mention 2016

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:49 AM

the cops in this game do seem rather easily annoyed.. however, as in previous gta's i've played, i've found that finding the nearest pay and spray on the map and then taking a few crazy corners at high speed to get out of line of sight before entering is the best answer. not always easy, but it's always been like that (imo) with gta. also, hiding in bushes seems to work for me sometimes, but not always. it amuses me because it doesn't feel like real cover and i always want to jump out and punch the cop walking past for being dumb

• A-Wax8 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users