A free roam without PvP?

222 replies to this topic
LxBDeath
  • LxBDeath

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:37 PM

y u guys waste time speakin to noobs ?

u realise the only reason they cry is bcoz they keep dyin lulz ?

so b responsable n kill em even more!!!! them scxrubs dont belong in the game

"IM SO GOOD AT THE GAEM I GET KILLED ALL THE TIME"

lol...stfu scrubs b4 i pimp slap u

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:42 PM

Yeah maybe I'm missing out on the GTAO content. Maybe a TDM would f*cking rock if it were two teams of skilled players that all play together on a regular basis and use real squad tactics. But a lobby full of 16 strangers... I seriously doubt it would entertain me.

I have never liked the objective based games like capture the flag, again I think it was do to players usually running around not knowing what the f*ck they were doing. If I got dropped onto a team of idiots it was frustrating at best. But over all just boring. For me.

If you enjoy it great.

Now you're taking it too serious.  Its just about fun, just like Free Roam pvp right?.... Who cares if the player on your team suck. Someone has to draw their fire.

I mean, last night i played "Field of Screams" i think its called...

It was capture the tractor... On farm lands in rain.  I've never seen so much chaos on a farm.  People going nuts on ATVs, wiping out and flying face 1st into the dirt.      The whole match i was laughing at the chaos.

Riding on the back of a rat loader gunning people down in hiding in the ditches..  Eveyrone going ape sh*t over a tractor..lol

I mean seriously.  The hardest part for me is the FACT the people won't actually try these out.  They stick to their free roam pvp chaos and shun the actual pvp matches.   Which is sad.  Its rare for me to find these lobbies in free aim, but when i do they are always FUN as f*ck!

sportbikepilot369
  • sportbikepilot369

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:49 PM

It's funny how angry people are getting over this. RDR had a great system with the friendly, normal, and hardcore options.
I don't pay GTA to kill people, 3rd person shooters have never felt right to me, and if I could be in a lobby with other people that want to drift, 4x4, find stunt jumps, and basically play the game without having to switch rooms every 10 min because of griefers it would definitely enhance the game experience for me.
It seems like the only people that would loose out are the trolls and griefers because they would'nt be pissing people off by killing them...they'd just be killing each other which would probably get old quick.

I'm convinced. Separate servers. But I'm afraid for a player like me the game will lose something. Being ina a server where I know EVERY player is out to get me won't be as fun. NOT because I like griefing PvE players, but because I like the mystery of not knowing what every blip on the radar is doing. Again I'm a never shoot first kinda player. Will that blip honk, shoot, or ignore me? I just go about my business doing whatever, modding cars, exploring the map and devising tactics suitable for that part of the map, or even helping out out players that ask for my help. But about 1 out of 10 encounters someone will shoot, half the time they either kill me or get killed and move one. But that other half can turn into some pretty fun back and forth. But again there is plenty to entertain me between those battles.

In your friendly/violent server world all that is most likely gone. The ratio of tank tards shoots up, but what do you care, no longer your problem. Now every f*cking dot is the same thing, someone that is going to shoot me. No more surprise encounters with someone that wants to goof around, no more friendly honks as we drive past each other (I wish we had the biker wave for when er are on murdercycles). Just another dot coming to kill me. and a bunch of other dot that will rush in and turn it into a complete clusterf*ck. No immersion, no mystery, no excitement.

GTARACER93
  • GTARACER93

Argumentative

• Members
  • Barbados

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:52 PM

It's funny how angry people are getting over this. RDR had a great system with the friendly, normal, and hardcore options.
I don't pay GTA to kill people, 3rd person shooters have never felt right to me, and if I could be in a lobby with other people that want to drift, 4x4, find stunt jumps, and basically play the game without having to switch rooms every 10 min because of griefers it would definitely enhance the game experience for me.
It seems like the only people that would loose out are the trolls and griefers because they would'nt be pissing people off by killing them...they'd just be killing each other which would probably get old quick.

I'm convinced. Separate servers. But I'm afraid for a player like me the game will lose something. Being ina a server where I know EVERY player is out to get me won't be as fun. NOT because I like griefing PvE players, but because I like the mystery of not knowing what every blip on the radar is doing. Again I'm a never shoot first kinda player. Will that blip honk, shoot, or ignore me? I just go about my business doing whatever, modding cars, exploring the map and devising tactics suitable for that part of the map, or even helping out out players that ask for my help. But about 1 out of 10 encounters someone will shoot, half the time they either kill me or get killed and move one. But that other half can turn into some pretty fun back and forth. But again there is plenty to entertain me between those battles.

In your friendly/violent server world all that is most likely gone. The ratio of tank tards shoots up, but what do you care, no longer your problem. Now every f*cking dot is the same thing, someone that is going to shoot me. No more surprise encounters with someone that wants to goof around, no more friendly honks as we drive past each other (I wish we had the biker wave for when er are on murdercycles). Just another dot coming to kill me. and a bunch of other dot that will rush in and turn it into a complete clusterf*ck. No immersion, no mystery, no excitement.

This never happened in GTA 4 or RDR people still fooled about but you could fool about more.as death was only from fall damage.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:01 PM

But about 1 out of 10 encounters someone will shoot, half the time they either kill me or get killed and move one. But that other half can turn into some pretty fun back and forth. But again there is plenty to entertain me between those battles.

lol.. for me its 95% of all encounters players shoot at me.  And i play alot....

Meh... It worked fine in RDR and GTA 4 tho.  Just because you can kill everyone doesn't mean players will.

sportbikepilot369
  • sportbikepilot369

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:01 PM

This never happened in GTA 4 or RDR people still fooled about but you could fool about more.as death was only from fall damage.

I don't seem to be explaining myself very well. I love the goofing around, exploring and all the other non violent things to do. That's what I spend most of my time doing. But always there is an under current of exciting tension. That some of the players I encounter will try and kill me. Not only that, but the joy of driving them into submission, all because they decided to shoot me. And especially when someone teaches me a new trick (like when someone HALO dropped in behind me on top of a building xmas evening).

Separate servers just won't offer the same experience.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:03 PM

I don't seem to be explaining myself very well. I love the goofing around, exploring and all the other non violent things to do. That's what I spend most of my time doing. But always there is an under current of exciting tension. That some of the players I encounter will try and kill me. Not only that, but the joy of driving them into submission, all because they decided to shoot me. And especially when someone teaches me a new trick (like when someone HALO dropped in behind me on top of a building xmas evening).

But it would... Just because you can attack players doesn't mean everyone would be hostile.

GTARACER93
  • GTARACER93

Argumentative

• Members
  • Barbados

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:05 PM

So you're saying you don't want  to give choice because we will lose some surprise? 

XJpostman
  • XJpostman

YARDIE

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:05 AM

Lol the griefers just don't want to be left with each other, spawn killing would probably get old quick in their server

GankThis110
  • GankThis110

Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:13 AM

Or you should just PvE in invite/friend only session. See, problem solved!

Don't like the sound of that? Well that's how you sound telling other to f*ck off and play death match or mission.

This is the game as R* intended, with a violent and unpredictable freemode. They also included invite only for those who can't take the heat. Period.

Not everyone has friends to play with so your so called problem solved is retarded.  

And seriously... You need to stop telling people it won't work.  It worked in GTA 4 and Red Dead. So your point is null.  This is not your choice to make and if they either fix passive or implement a friendly free roam it would not ruin anything.  In would infact help co-op minded players find other co-op minded players.

BTW, I can take the heat.. I just sometimes don't feel like dealing with retards. And GTA has a way of attracting the dumbest players ever constantly.  It only takes one dumbass to ruin players having fun, and these dumbass's make it a point of targeting non pvp players.

Hence. Go play the PVP modes if you want pvp.  The fact is most players don't want pvp.. They just wanna troll easy kills and run.  So again, welcome to why a real passive or friendly free roam is needed.

GTA is not about dealing with idiots constantly and never was.
That "problem solved" comment was me imitating you sarcastically. Sorry you missed that. It's what you sound like every time you tell us PvP players we'd all (both PvP and PvE) be so much happier if the PvP crowd would kindly f*ck off to mission/death match hell.

I am a PVP player tho...lol

I just never attack players for no reason and would not have a problem with a friendly free roam.   That way players with different reasons for playing can have fun.

Also...PVP in free roam is just silly.    It can be fun...

If its fun, then its not pointless. Open worldFree Roam is unmatched when you have like minded players

GankThis110
  • GankThis110

Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:19 AM

You did say that, I just expanded on what you meant since you left it so vague and up for interpretation. 

Your main point was freedom which I mentioned and that you could use custom vehicles...such as the adder/entity (which are by far the most popular..save Tanks) and you use off the radar in free roam to set traps for people though while you're doing that its possible that the person you intended it for could have went the other way and a random is coming towards you with the intention to drive past.

Only part I left off is the whole TDM time limit bit.

Stop trying to argue with ad hominems and start using your head.

But then he'd be using his helmet.

UP9390
  • UP9390

Railfan, Sheriff of Los Santos County - PSN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:57 PM

I enjoy having a fight every now and then, but don't be a complete f*cking dick! I very rarely shoot people at random. I hate when you get into a fight and the other player jumps around to avoid gunshots only to pull out a Mini-Gun when they are close enough because they are completely incapable of fighting with real weapons and fighting without their noob tactics. Don't even get me started on the C4 driveby's and other stuff. Rarely when I am patrolling will I actually get into an interesting Pursuit. I remember this one day, I was westbound on Route 68 nearing the Los Santos Customs. I noticed a player driving recklessly also heading westbound, vehicle was a Sandking (I believe it was the 2 door version). I activated my Code 3 Equipment (Lights & Siren) and to my surprise instead of instantly throwing sticky bombs at me, he actually takes off. We continued westbound, turned onto a side road not far from the Fort Zancudo Access Road, and we then went off-road into the hills. Eventually the suspect ran into a ditch that he could not get his vehicle out of. Then a fun and brief shootout occurred between the suspect and us.

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:08 PM

I'll just drop this here.

Friendly Freeroam - No friendly fire

Normal Freeroam - What we currently have

Hardcore Freeroam - No tanks, no sticky bombs, free aim only

Completely remove bad sport.

Problem solved.