Photo

A free roam without PvP?

222 replies to this topic
fish61324
  • fish61324

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:41 PM

It's GTA.  It's fun when I come across a player who starts to chase me with intentions of killing me.  Your life must be pretty sad when you have fun just getting on a video game and to frolic with friends online. What's the point of driving around? PvP is the best part of free roam.  All the cry babies from GTA IV really ruined GTA V free roam.... anyone who cried about getting killed in GTA IV free roam better not be complaining about the "bad sport" thing R* put in GTA V....... THE CRY BABIES ARE THE REASON IS THERE A BAD SPORT FEATURE IN GTA V

• OminousPortents likes this

CaptainSpaceCat
  • CaptainSpaceCat

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:42 PM

You're missing the point really though. You're trying to change the game to suit you. It clearly doesn't. You'd be better off on something like Home so you can get your mates round to admire the Ikea furniture you bought.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:44 PM

What's the point of driving around? PvP is the best part of free roam.  

Driving around?  As a racer the point of driving around is to be a better driver.

Also...PVP is not the best part of free roam.....  Ya it can be fun.  But when i want real pvp i play death macthes

• DangerZone77 likes this

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:46 PM

It's GTA.  It's fun when I come across a player who starts to chase me with intentions of killing me.  Your life must be pretty sad when you have fun just getting on a video game and to frolic with friends online. What's the point of driving around? PvP is the best part of free roam.  All the cry babies from GTA IV really ruined GTA V free roam.... anyone who cried about getting killed in GTA IV free roam better not be complaining about the "bad sport" thing R* put in GTA V....... THE CRY BABIES ARE THE REASON IS THERE A BAD SPORT FEATURE IN GTA V

hey maybe some of us don't get out much and have more friends on XBL/GTAO than IRL.

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

Die Hard is a Christmas movie

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:53 PM

Driving around?  As a racer the point of driving around is to be a better driver.

Also...PVP is not the best part of free roam.....  Ya it can be fun.  But when i want real pvp i play death macthes

lol death match is garbage, but yes there's more to FR them killing.

TheIllaDopest
  • TheIllaDopest

The Blunt Master Messiah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:53 PM

it worked in RDR why not here? Friendly, Normal and Hardcore modes need to be in place.

• TimelyMeerkat likes this

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:56 PM

lol death match is garbage, but yes there's more to FR them killing.

Why is death match garbage?  Its pvp..   And its fun because you pvp in different locations with different weapons.

You can pvp with rules, a time limit and actual players who want to pvp.  

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

$CASH OVERFLOW$

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:12 PM Edited by CarimboHanky, 01 January 2014 - 05:13 PM.

with so little to do in online, a friendly PvP servers would be a waste of time.

i have been active exclusively in freeroam warfare for the past 2 months. thats what i like to do. deathmatchs dont cut it for me.

i'd rather go out and start killing people that are minding their business, than to go and do repetitive missions.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:15 PM

with so little to do in online, a friendly PvP servers would be a waste of time.

i have been active exclusively in freeroam warfare for the past 2 months. thats what i like to do.

i'd rather go out and start killing people that are minding their business, than to go and do repetitive missions.

And this is why friendly free roam is needed.

Take this guys^.

He thinks theres nothing to do besides killing players minding their own business. Because he 'thinks' theres nothing else better to do.

lol

• Accendo likes this

Banana Duck
  • Banana Duck

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:15 PM

It shocked me there wasn't no friendly fire servers, it would have really idiots out.

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:16 PM Edited by blk95ta, 01 January 2014 - 05:19 PM.

i have been active exclusively in freeroam warfare for the past 2 months. thats what i like to do.

And this is why friendly free roam is needed.

Take this guys^.

He thinks theres nothing to do besides killing players minding their own business. Because he 'thinks' theres nothing else better to do.

lol

werd

i bet he's never driven a 4x4 up mt chiliad, or flown a plane, or gotten in a high speed police chase just for fun. or used a boat, or <insert any number of things that don't involve pvp killing>

honestly, the only unprovoked killing i do in free mode is my remote bombed bait car and that's just a booby trap for stupid people that like to steal personal vehicles.

HiddenAnonyous
  • HiddenAnonyous

I know things

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:16 PM

I keep hearing people writing that they want this, or at the very least a map that is mostly PvP free with a few small areas where PvP is allowed. I don't get it, Why don't you just go to an invite only? What would having other players in a session add to your game if it isn't the constant threat of violence. What do you want from random encounters with other players? Describe what your ideal free roam free of PvP action would be like.

I don't think it's possible within the same lobby. neither party would want to be restricted to a certain area.

I keep hearing people writing that they want this, or at the very least a map that is mostly PvP free with a few small areas where PvP is allowed. I don't get it, Why don't you just go to an invite only? What would having other players in a session add to your game if it isn't the constant threat of violence. What do you want from random encounters with other players? Describe what your ideal free roam free of PvP action would be like.

Let me guess, all you do is stalk free roam for easy kills? It's literally all you talk about. Why does thd idea of a PvE lobby bother you so much? The fact that you lack creativity in finding interesting things to do in the world doesn't mean everyone does.

that's what i do. actually, I don't stalk, but if you come close to me I will kill you. I'm paranoid that way. if i get an invite to someone's apt I go there and hang with that person but mostly i'm in FR to "jerk off" (literally :lol:)

*Extra Info* if I'm looking for cars or just hanging with friends, i go solo/invite and when we're done killing each other we go into public lobbies and kill other people. the unpredictability of free roam is awesome
So let me get this straight. You have no problem blowing people up while they're trying to do something in free roam but you run and hide in an invite only session when you want to do something?
We got a badass over here, folks.

actually I don't give a sh*t which lobby I'm in and like I said I shoot if YOU COME CLOSE!  Invite me to your apt if you want to hang or stay away.I don't hunt people down but if I go to a FR lobby and start a war with friends and other ppl join(the war and chat lobby), that's fine we'll be killing each other until a truce is called. the invite only is b/c SOME friends don't like FR (mainly b/c of their high rank), whereas I love it.

also, car spawns are different in solo/invite only lobbies so why go/stay in a public lobby if I have a better chance of getting a car in a solo lobby. Haha....your comment has been nullified and is now void. thx for playing, go somewhere else with your selective understanding

PS If you think i'm a "bad ass"...thx, although it doesn't mean much to me. :D

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:17 PM

Will never happen.

What the players on this forum wants < what the actual community wants.

Accendo
  • Accendo

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:17 PM

Everything Carimbo would not enjoy is now officially a waste of time, guys. Circulate the memo.

Nelson Van Alden
  • Nelson Van Alden

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:18 PM

I think it would be something worth doing.

Would be cool for the people who don't have a Crew to easily meet up with others who just want a non PVP environment. Also has no negative impact on people who want to PVP and would cut down on people getting griefed.

I'd probably give it a go to. Be a safer way to jump into a game with others and BMX without hassle.

am30
  • am30

surprisingly nice

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:23 PM

i have been active exclusively in freeroam warfare for the past 2 months. thats what i like to do. deathmatchs dont cut it for me.

There's plenty to do.  It's called playing the game properly and not annoying other players 'cos you've got nothing better to do in your life.

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:30 PM

regulars in this forum probably already know my position on the matter but it doesn't harm to state it again.  To reiterate, I'd like to see a hybrid mode called hardcore, in hardcore mode, a player's actions would have consequences is all I've been advocating.

If all a player wants to do is grief low level newbees, or any player for that matter, hardcore mode would have those players punished severely enough to discourage that sort of behavior to the point that only those players who were intelligent or skilled could avoid the penalties and grief w/o repercussions.

Passive mode in my opinion is simply another form of griefing, it should not exist in hardcore mode.

I believe the resistance to a "hardcore" mode or worse a "non pvp" lobby stems from the fear that standard FR DM would become vacant and ruin that style of game play for those who enjoy that the most.  I counter this fear with the statement that, if standard FR DM remains the default option, there will always be new fodder for farming, regardless of what other modes are available.

TL;DR
Hardcore mode should be a place that rewards players with superior skills and imagination and punishes players that lack either, that's my position.

For those people who fear it will ruin their griefing fun, have no fear, hardcore mode will most likely never be implemented :)

am30
  • am30

surprisingly nice

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:34 PM

So where does that leave us who have no interest in griefing and want to go about our business without looking out for other players?

No, you're idea doesn't work.  2 types of free roam lobby are the only answer.  One for those who want to knock 7 shades of sh*t out each other all day long and those that don't.  Griefers and non-griefers are seperated, never teh twain shall meet.

Problem solved, everybody's happy.  Next issue that needs to be fixed in the game please.  I'm on a roll here.

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:53 PM Edited by beat_savy_9, 01 January 2014 - 06:54 PM.

So where does that leave us who have no interest in griefing and want to go about our business without looking out for other players?

No, you're idea doesn't work.  2 types of free roam lobby are the only answer.  One for those who want to knock 7 shades of sh*t out each other all day long and those that don't.  Griefers and non-griefers are seperated, never teh twain shall meet.

Problem solved, everybody's happy.  Next issue that needs to be fixed in the game please.  I'm on a roll here.

this statement in no way addresses the needs of the eight way chit knockers :)

Dottie
  • Dottie

So Predictable

• Facade Corporation
  • North-Korea
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 01 January 2014 - 07:22 PM

Start > online > play GTA O > Invite only session

problem solved

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 07:29 PM

problem solved

Although this seems like the obvious choice, it does not address the issues players who have no friends face when desiring to play free roam w/o being constantly baited into a PvP match.

Dottie
  • Dottie

So Predictable

• Facade Corporation
  • North-Korea
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 01 January 2014 - 07:32 PM

problem solved

Although this seems like the obvious choice, it does not address the issues players who have no friends face when desiring to play free roam w/o being constantly baited into a PvP match.

Well they should:

a. send friend requests

b. get a mic because no one wants no-mic people as their friends

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

• Members
  • China

Posted 01 January 2014 - 07:34 PM

problem solved

Well they should:

a. send friend requests

Or c. get better

• beat_savy_9 likes this

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 07:40 PM

Well they should:

a. send friend requests

I believe there is a significant portion of the gaming population don't want computer/console friends.

problem solved

Well they should:

a. send friend requests

Or c. get better

in other words, embrace laser tag spineless biotches :)

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

• Members
  • China

Posted 01 January 2014 - 07:42 PM Edited by StewNorth, 01 January 2014 - 07:43 PM.

Well they should:

a. send friend requests

I believe there is a significant portion of the gaming population don't want computer/console friends.

I don't understand. If you don't want to meet/interact with people and don't want to risk being killed...why even play in open freeroam lobbies at all ?

Go play in solo/invite only sessions and give that spot to someone who does want these other things.

Or hell, just go passive the second you see another player get close then turn it off when he's gone so you may carry on with your PvE stuff.

Conflictionfun
  • Conflictionfun

Prankster

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 07:45 PM

problem solved

Well they should:

a. send friend requests

I don't see what's wrong with not having a mic. It's not like it impacts the gameplay at all. Sure there's no communication, but I seem to play with all my friends without one just fine.

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

• Members
  • China

Posted 01 January 2014 - 07:49 PM

problem solved

Well they should:

a. send friend requests

I don't see what's wrong with not having a mic. It's not like it impacts the gameplay at all. Sure there's no communication, but I seem to play with all my friends without one just fine.

That's fine, but then you can't expect anybody else (apart from your list of friends) to read your attentions properly then complain that you got killed ( not saying that is what you do, but it happens).

Personally, I always struggled to understand why people would want to play a social game and voluntarily restrict their ability to be social. I can guarantee that by simply talking with other players it decreases the risk of aggression.

Once again I'm not a squeaker though, so things with the mic play out differently for me.

Each to their own I guess.

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2014 - 07:51 PM

I think it is pretty simple really.

A) make passive mode so that a player cant interact with any other player. You and your vehicle become non-entities. You are fully visible and apear normal in every way including being able to pull and use weapons on peds or police or store owners etc. But you can not inflict any damage to another player nor have damage inflicted by other players. You and your car would just pass right through them.

B) you can only enter passive mode while in your apartment/garage, by pressing y after a death or by a setting change prior to entering online.

C) it stays on at all times until you manually turn it off...including through session changes.

D) you can only exit passive mode in your apartment/garage or by using a setting change before entering online.

E) passive/ nonpassive would be included in the matchmaking one step below crew/friends whenever you are entering a new session making it more likely for similar playstyles to be grouped together.

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 07:54 PM Edited by beat_savy_9, 01 January 2014 - 07:58 PM.

Well they should:

a. send friend requests

I don't understand. If you don't want to meet/interact with people and don't want to risk being killed...why even play in open freeroam lobbies at all ?

Go play in solo/invite only sessions and give that spot to someone who does want these other things.

Or hell, just go passive the second you see another player get close then turn it off when he's gone so you may carry on with your PvE stuff.

Personally, I accept things as they are, I go by the philosophy of it is what it is.  These points are simply for those who see things differently or are feeling disenfranchised from the system as it stands.  It's myopic from my point of view to banish all players who are desireless for PvP to invite only or solo sessions when there are practically infinite ways to play an open world sandbox.

However, I can relate to the point of wanting a full lobby of like minded players.

Pixel S
  • Pixel S

Argumentative

• Members
  • Barbados

Posted 01 January 2014 - 07:59 PM

Passive mode is basically pointless as it leaves you so open to every attack but players gunfire.

Sometimes you just want to play with others but in a non violent way. 

I just don't get why GTA 4 and RDR had friendly lobbies but GTA V does not. 

• Ethereal_NYC likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users