A free roam without PvP?

222 replies to this topic
sportbikepilot369
  • sportbikepilot369

member QotD

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:19 PM

I keep hearing people writing that they want this, or at the very least a map that is mostly PvP free with a few small areas where PvP is allowed. I don't get it, Why don't you just go to an invite only? What would having other players in a session add to your game if it isn't the constant threat of violence. What do you want from random encounters with other players? Describe what your ideal free roam free of PvP action would be like.

• OminousPortents likes this

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:24 PM

I would not mind a friendly free roam.  If i want pvp id play races or death match.  Theres also plenty to do in free roam that goes beyond trolling and attacking other players.

• Ninja_Gear likes this

Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

Bitcher and Moaner

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:25 PM

The only reason I would want this is because a majority of the time, I like to free roam alone in online because it has more to do than single player.

But like you said, I just go to invite only or solo in that case.

ParanoiaX
  • ParanoiaX

Cannabis Connoisseur

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:28 PM

Red Dead had friendly free roam, it was great

• Timely, Kelvin_00 and Donta like this

sportbikepilot369
  • sportbikepilot369

member QotD

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:32 PM

I would not mind a friendly free roam.  If i want pvp id play races or death match.  Theres also plenty to do in free roam that goes beyond trolling and attacking other players.

What exactly do you mean by "plenty to do", and why do you need 15 other random players to do it? Why not just go to an invite only?

deanstroyer
  • deanstroyer

West Side White Boy

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:35 PM

pvp doenst bother me, its those freaking cops that piss me off

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:38 PM

What exactly do you mean by "plenty to do", and why do you need 15 other random players to do it? Why not just go to an invite only?

What do you mean, what do i mean?    Its an open living world with plenty of things to do.  

Why does it matter if i need 15 other random players?. And why should i have to invite anyone?

The real question is why do you care?  You seems to think GTA is all about free roam pvp and no one should be safe., i personally don't think that way.

I think if players want to have a friendly free roam just so they can have fun with others beyond pvp, it doesn't effect me at all.  Better then this silly passive mode we currently have.

• TheGreenSadler, shootingallovertheplace, Yogogamer and 1 other like this

Ibareny
  • Ibareny

Street Tuner

• Members
  • Cuba

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:03 PM

I keep hearing people writing that they want this, or at the very least a map that is mostly PvP free with a few small areas where PvP is allowed. I don't get it, Why don't you just go to an invite only? What would having other players in a session add to your game if it isn't the constant threat of violence. What do you want from random encounters with other players? Describe what your ideal free roam free of PvP action would be like.

You're starting to get annoying. What the f*ck is your problem? You look like a little kid trying to convince his parent that you deserve to be bought a bike even though you got bad grades the past 2 years.

Stop.Making.The.Same.Useless.Threads.Over.And.Over.Again.

• TreFacTor, DannyMan, shootingallovertheplace and 3 others like this

Accendo
  • Accendo

Homie

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:03 PM

Let me guess, all you do is stalk free roam for easy kills? It's literally all you talk about. Why does thd idea of a PvE lobby bother you so much? The fact that you lack creativity in finding interesting things to do in the world doesn't mean everyone does.
  • Timely and Donta like this

HiddenAnonyous
  • HiddenAnonyous

I know things

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:07 PM

What do you mean, what do i mean?    Its an open living world with plenty of things to do.  

Why does it matter if i need 15 other random players?. And why should i have to invite anyone?

The real question is why do you care?  You seems to think GTA is all about free roam pvp and no one should be safe., i personally don't think that way.

I think if players want to have a friendly free roam just so they can have fun with others beyond pvp, it doesn't effect me at all.  Better then this silly passive mode we currently have.

dumb. it's their topic, you posted in it. if you were going to get mad b/c someone asked you to elaborate, you should've kept your initial comment to yourself.

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:07 PM Edited by blk95ta, 01 January 2014 - 04:12 PM.

Because sometimes its just fun to cruise around, fly, bike, etc. I have been in lobbies where 3 or 4 people are off doing their own thing and some asshat has to come in and kill them. Passive mode would work but it doesnt allow you to be passive in a car. What good is that? And if you are on foot some asshole will run you over and park on you till you die. There should be a $25,000 fine for killing someone that is in passive mode which gets paid to the victim. That would keep people from doing it.
  • shootingallovertheplace, rob602pa and YourAMiz1900 like this

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:12 PM Edited by Vooodu, 01 January 2014 - 04:12 PM.

dumb. it's their topic, you posted in it. if you were going to get mad b/c someone asked you to elaborate, you should've kept your initial comment to yourself.

I did elaborate and and then i answered the question..   And seriously, who the f*ck is mad?

DannyMan
  • DannyMan

Hustler

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:14 PM

Im sorry but op just stop before it gets to far

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:16 PM

Because sometimes its just fun to cruise around, fly, bike, etc. I have been in lobbies where 3 or 4 people are off doing their own thing and some asshat has to come in and kill them. 

And thats pretty much why passive mode is a fail and friendly free roam is a must.

Majority of gta players are back stabbin' pricks who try to grief players.  They avoid death matches, avoid pvp and go after players not pvping.

• Ethereal_NYC likes this

GankThis110
  • GankThis110

Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:16 PM

Passive mode would work but it doesnt allow you to be passive in a car. There should be a $25,000 fine

To be fair, if passive mode worked while in cars then that would become a griefing problem(running people over without consequence)

As for a fine? lolno

YourAMiz1900
  • YourAMiz1900

Dafuq do all of you want!? O.o

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:17 PM

I wouldn't mind this to be an option. Yeah, you could go to an invite only lobby, but what if you don't have anyone to play with at the time...Or just trying to make new friends or something to that extent. Free roam with PvP on is basically just a giant deathmatch and nothing more. Don't get me wrong, sometimes I like having wars with random people but other times, I'd rather do more than senseless killing between strangers and do other things like Making war on the military base, or fly around doing weird stunts in planes,

The Spook
  • The Spook

Driver - Assassin

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:17 PM

Everyone has their own style of playing the game.

Some people want a non violent environment

Some people want total carnage

Some people (like me) don't really care if the session is full of tanks and griefers, as long as the Terminator (god mode) situation is taken care of

• HiddenAnonyous and Timely like this

wanes
  • wanes

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:20 PM

Passive mode would work but it doesnt allow you to be passive in a car. There should be a $25,000 fine

To be fair, if passive mode worked while in cars then that would become a griefing problem(running people over without consequence)

As for a fine? lolno

Killing while in passive mode gives you a cheater pool warning, how about that ?

Accendo
  • Accendo

Homie

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:20 PM

Because sometimes its just fun to cruise around, fly, bike, etc. I have been in lobbies where 3 or 4 people are off doing their own thing and some asshat has to come in and kill them. 

And thats pretty much why passive mode is a fail and friendly free roam is a must.

Majority of gta players are back stabbin' pricks who try to grief players.  They avoid death matches, avoid pvp and go after players not pvping.
They have no idea what griefing is. They honestly think that every game featuring pvp is meant to be played in that way. Little do they know that in most games of this nature, griefing is frowned upon.

HiddenAnonyous
  • HiddenAnonyous

I know things

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:21 PM

I don't think it's possible within the same lobby. neither party would want to be restricted to a certain area.

Let me guess, all you do is stalk free roam for easy kills? It's literally all you talk about. Why does thd idea of a PvE lobby bother you so much? The fact that you lack creativity in finding interesting things to do in the world doesn't mean everyone does.

that's what i do. actually, I don't stalk, but if you come close to me I will kill you. I'm paranoid that way. if i get an invite to someone's apt I go there and hang with that person but mostly i'm in FR to "jerk off" (literally :lol:)

*Extra Info* if I'm looking for cars or just hanging with friends, i go solo/invite and when we're done killing each other we go into public lobbies and kill other people. the unpredictability of free roam is awesome

• The Spook likes this

GankThis110
  • GankThis110

Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:26 PM

As for a fine? lolno
Killing while in passive mode gives you a cheater pool warning, how about that ?

Not sure how that would be "cheating"

Think of it this way. You and some tank humping bitch are battling. Eventually, you blow him up, now instead of continuing the right in foot he goes into passive, waiting for his next tank spawn.

Now you could run him over, but then you'd get a cheater(lol) warning.

I don't think it's possible within the same lobby. neither party would want to be restricted to a certain area.

the unpredictability of free roam is awesome

Some people can't comprehend that. Some people need to do dull missions repeatedly and "grind" in order to have fun. They lack creativity and don't understand that the game does not revolve around them.(and that goes for the pvp crowd as well)

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:26 PM Edited by Vooodu, 01 January 2014 - 04:27 PM.

As for a fine? lolno

Think of it this way. You and some tank humping bitch are battling. Eventually, you blow him up, now instead of continuing the right in foot he goes into passive, waiting for his next tank spawn.

Passive mode should work like it does in missions.  Because it works there.

You can't blow up their PVs.. You can't run anyone over.. Your bullets don't hurt.  Obviously R* can make it work, since it works in co-op missions.

This passive mode we currently have is wack....   Only works on foot?  So players need to do what?  Stand on elevated platforms and flip everyone the bird when attacked and wait till people leave them alone?

Why can a passive player still shoot their gun when in a car...Allowing them to have passive as a cover?  It makes no sense considering it works in co-op.

• NuklerGhost101838 likes this

Accendo
  • Accendo

Homie

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:26 PM

that's what i do. actually, I don't stalk, but if you come close to me I will kill you. I'm paranoid that way. if i get an invite to someone's apt I go there and hang with that person but mostly i'm in FR to "jerk off" (literally :lol:)

*Extra Info* if I'm looking for cars or just hanging with friends, i go solo/invite and when we're done killing each other we go into public lobbies and kill other people. the unpredictability of free roam is awesome
So let me get this straight. You have no problem blowing people up while they're trying to do something in free roam but you run and hide in an invite only session when you want to do something?
We got a badass over here, folks.

GankThis110
  • GankThis110

Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:30 PM

So let me get this straight. You have no problem blowing people up while they're trying to do something in free roam but you run and hide in an invite only session when you want to do something?

They said they are in invite only with friends before going to public.

Reeding iz harrd.

wanes
  • wanes

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:30 PM

Killing in passive mode not getting killed by non passive mode user.

am30
  • am30

Irn Bru ftw

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:31 PM

If you don't want to be griefed by idiots why the hell should you have to go and hide in an invite only session?  What a ludicrous suggestion!

There should be 2 MP options.  The current free for all where idiots/those of low intelligence/future cannon fodder for armed forces/future prision inmates or whatever you want to call them can spend entire days shooting eat other and drooling on their controllers.  The other MP option is for those of us who want to free roam, play properly and interact with other players but have no interest in recreating WW2.  Problem solved and I would never have to put up with pathetic griefers ever again in free roam.

• voodoomagic*, NuklerGhost101838 and Accendo like this

CaptainSpaceCat
  • CaptainSpaceCat

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:32 PM

Let them have it so they all stop moaning. Failing that, someone use the Content Creator to make one giant f*cking rainbow for all the fruity little carebears to live on.
  • We Are Ninja likes this

Accendo
  • Accendo

Homie

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:34 PM

They said they are in invite only with friends before going to public.

Reeding iz harrd.
It must be.
"Solo/invite only/
And the fact that I never mentioned he was alone in said sessions prove that reading must be REALLY difficult. Well, for you anyway.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:38 PM Edited by Vooodu, 01 January 2014 - 04:38 PM.

Let them have it so they all stop moaning. Failing that, someone use the Content Creator to make one giant f*cking rainbow for all the fruity little carebears to live on.

Ya because killing players afk or minding their own business is what all non care bears do right?

Because after an hour or two of death matches...  I now have to deal with the legion of dumb as they fumble around with sticky bombs smashing into trees.

From what i've seen.. The better pvp players in GTA are really nice and don't shoot on sight. They don't have to prove anything... Piss them off and they just spawn kill players till the hide in passive mode and then leave the game.

Bottom line... There is plenty of actual free aim pvp modes.    If players want real pvp they should play that.

• NuklerGhost101838 and Accendo like this

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:40 PM Edited by blk95ta, 01 January 2014 - 04:43 PM.

As for a fine? lolno

make it so people in passive mode in cars can't hurt other players with the car then? make it so you just go right through them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users