53 replies to this topic
gn1992
  • gn1992

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:16 PM

Ok this will become a fight between drunks and sobers

IMO alcohol is ony of the best things ever created

I had a greattttttt time today with my family and alcohol was involved you know.........

Melchior
  • Melchior

come on and tell me twice

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:30 AM

No reason not to knock back a few beers or a glass of wine or two. If you're getting totally smashed with nobody else in sight, however, you may have a problem.

• Failure, •¿F¡ññ4L¡ƒ£?• and AceRay like this

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:55 AM

I drink myself to sleep every night and it makes you sleep sooo much better.

Especially if you don't get hangovers, there's nothing bad about it!

• theadmiral likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:58 AM

I encourage drinking alone but only at night. It is fantastic. I cannot think of anything better than going to run a couple of kms in the evening, taking a hot shower, and then having a couple drinks to ease you to sleep. Just remember to drink a bottle of water prior to going to bed or whatever.

• ryuclan, milkmansun, Black & White and 1 other like this

gn1992
  • gn1992

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:59 AM

Drink a lot of coconut water. No hangover.
  • milkmansun likes this

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:15 AM

I always saw drinking alone as something that f*ckers do, but whatever floats your boat I guess. I personally enjoy smoking alone though. To each his own I guess.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:26 AM

No reason not to knock back a few beers or a glass of wine or two. If you're getting totally smashed with nobody else in sight, however, you may have a problem.

Getting totally smashed with other people may indicate a problem as well lol.

I have been to that point where I was completely wasted while drinking by myself (physically). I was playing Call of Duty with some friends online and I wanted to spice it up. So I told them I would take a shot of vodka every time I died....I am not a very good COD player lol. So throughout the night I went from being pretty bad, to being a little drunk and actually pretty good to being completely sh*tfaced and barely playing. I probably wouldn't do it again, or if I did it would be every other death.Was fun to me. lol        .

• Failure likes this

Melchior
  • Melchior

come on and tell me twice

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:28 AM

Somehow I think it's better to have a rowdy night with your friends, bonding and sharing laughs (even if you puke your guts out and look a right knob) than to sit alone on the couch in a pool of your own vomit. :p

Travís.
  • Travís.

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:28 AM

Drinking alone sounds borderline alcoholic.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:32 AM

Somehow I think it's better to have a rowdy night with your friends, bonding and sharing laughs (even if you puke your guts out and look a right knob) than to sit alone on the couch in a pool of your own vomit. :p

Haha Well there isn't much that isn't better than that lol. The thing is you may feel better about yourself if you do it around friends but it doesn't really change anything.

I kind of got the feeling that the guys who have no problem drinking alone are either married, have kids, or don't too much enjoy the company of others.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:36 AM

There is a difference between getting absolutely smashed alone and an adult enjoying a well crafted beverage in the evening.

I don't really have an issue with either one though. Sitting in front of your television eating a tub of ice cream is probably more depressing.

• AceRay, RiaJay21 and gn1992 like this

Travís.
  • Travís.

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:01 AM

There is a difference between getting absolutely smashed alone and an adult enjoying a well crafted beverage in the evening.

This.

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:34 PM

Oh hell f*cking yeah I do it! It's the only time I get to escape the clutches of the Battle-axe! Best thing about it is you don't feel the need to entertain anyone other than yourself, so you're at liberty to do whatever you please while getting c*nted. D'you think the gf would be prepared to sit and smile while I get canned and sit and masturbate to members of a gaming forum? Or perhaps she could join in, would you like to see some pictures of her?

gn1992
  • gn1992

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:27 PM

I am drinking a fine Grape Bacardi with little ice cubes in it, mixed with grape juice, while playing NL Holdem

RiaJay21
  • RiaJay21

Post-Post-Ironic

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:33 PM

I have done it, yeah; usually just to unwind, if I've had a long day at work. Run a bath, pour a glass of wine ... god, I'm every chick flick's biggest cliches. Jesus. Okay, um, okay, in front of the TV it's usually more like cider, but hell, it just depends what I'm in the mood for, really. 

But, point being, I don't drink to get drunk on my own. I started drinking early (parents were fine with it), had a few crazy nights, lost the taste for it. But I think it's perfectly fine to just enjoy an alcoholic beverage now and then. Like I say, I mainly do it to relax - I do other things, too, it's just part of it.

I don't think it can develop into addiction if you're careful about it; and recognize the reasons you're drinking. I mean, if you're getting smashed every night to blot out negative things in your life, then yeah, that sounds kind of ... dangerous. But nursing a beer and watching a good movie, no, I don't see the problem there at all. Everything in moderation, as they say. Just be sure you know the reasons why you're doing it.

Because, looking back, when I was 16 and 17, I was drinking because I was going through a rough patch - it doesn't seem important in retrospect, but my reasons for drinking were all wrong, and some bad stuff happened while I was drunk, and it didn't make anything better. 

• ryuclan likes this

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:36 PM

This.

Exactly.

My wife no longer drinks and it isn't uncommon for me to have a couple of beers after the work day...so I drink alone all the time.

Vercetti27
  • Vercetti27

Staunton Faction

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:39 PM

alcohol isn't for sharing the good times, it's for sheltering from the disparity and despair that rumbles through my oh so tragic mind

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

amplifier worship

• Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:46 PM

I sometimes drink when I'm working in my studio. There's a sweet spot I've found of productivity that you hit after 3-4 beers. You've got that party energy up, but not enough to get much of a buzz (unless they're heavy ass beers). That said,  don't ever get wasted on my own - just a few to relax and focus.

• ryuclan and Failure like this

markwey
  • markwey

Cool Cat

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:03 PM Edited by Markwey, 03 January 2014 - 08:10 PM.

I drink so very rarely, and when I drink, it's like one beer in a weekend when I'm watching Miami Vice on DVD or something.

Not a drinker at all. Heck, I can't remember the date when I last had a beer.

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:28 PM

I don't see why its wrong for someone to enjoy a nice Alcoholic beverage by themselves every now and again.

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:57 PM

Yeah, I drink alone here and there, but I don't think it can develope into an alcohol addiction. Never head a hangover from drinking alone, only when I was at a party with some dudes. I know when it's time to stop, it is really that simple.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:06 AM

I don't think it can develop into addiction if you're careful about it; and recognize the reasons you're drinking. I mean, if you're getting smashed every night to blot out negative things in your life, then yeah, that sounds kind of ... dangerous. But nursing a beer and watching a good movie, no, I don't see the problem there at all. Everything in moderation, as they say. Just be sure you know the reasons why you're doing it.

This is how I feel. Like I said in my previous post I don't have any issues in my life and I am at peace with myself. Because of that I see no problem drinking alone. I've resolved all my demons and skeletons in my closet for the time being and drinking by myself is an enjoyable experience.

• RiaJay21 likes this

Pyroshox
  • Pyroshox

The Public Enemy

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Germany

Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:46 AM

Like I've said in previous threads I am an alcoholic, got it from my dad, but speaking of him, it made him very unstable, and almost ruined my parents marriage when I was a kid, but since he's doing wrongly accused hard time, he's a dick because he had to go cold turkey on that and cigarettes, and weed too I think.

Mr. Crowley
  • Mr. Crowley

CREEP3R

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:37 AM

Depends on what you mean.

I drink alone, but not to get drunk.

I love to sit out back, have a nice glass of bourbon, a good cigar, and just look at the water.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users