Photo

Change the storyline?

70 replies to this topic
Osho
  • Osho

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:05 AM

If you could change the storyline, what would you change?

change entire story. I disliked it. some thing more interesting would be cool.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:15 AM

Nothing.

I didn't write it, so why should I change it? It was written the way it was written, so that's the story we have. I would never dare be so presumptuous as to take another person's work and re-write it. 

It's like asking 'if you could change the bible, what would you change'?

I'm not King James I, so let's just leave it alone, yeah?

Osho
  • Osho

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:19 AM

Nothing.

I didn't write it, so why should I change it? It was written the way it was written, so that's the story we have. I would never dare be so presumptuous as to take another person's work and re-write it. 

no one is asking to change the bible.

lol.. just taking suggestions, in case, any one disliked certain portions in the story line how they want or change it.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:27 AM

You didn't understand. I didn't say anyone was asking to change the bible. I was saying that re-writing someone else's work is very presumptuous, like when King James rewrote the bible. 

Why this obsession with changing published work? Why can't people accept that the way it was written was the way they WANTED it to be written, hence why they released it that way? Can't people just accept art for what it is, rather than always have to stamp their ham-fisted, amateurish 'well I think I can do better' bullsh*t all over it?

Take a dump on the Mona Lisa, it's the same effect. When people think they can write a better game, but aren't out there writing video games already, I find it very hard to take seriously. 

• Officer Ronson and Osho like this

Cylan
  • Cylan

High-Functioning Sociopath

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:28 AM

Nothing.

I didn't write the prequel trilogy of Star Wars but myself and many others would love to change it.

Osho
  • Osho

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:37 AM Edited by Osho, 02 January 2014 - 09:38 AM.

You didn't understand. I didn't say anyone was asking to change the bible. I was saying that re-writing someone else's work is very presumptuous, like when King James rewrote the bible. 

Why this obsession with changing published work? Why can't people accept that the way it was written was the way they WANTED it to be written, hence why they released it that way? Can't people just accept art for what it is, rather than always have to stamp their ham-fisted, amateurish 'well I think I can do better' bullsh*t all over it?

Take a dump on the Mona Lisa, it's the same effect. When people think they can write a better game, but aren't out there writing video games already, I find it very hard to take seriously. 

I understand. The common reason that people are sharing about this and confronting it as well, including what to do if things are changed for any protagonist in the story, etc is to get perspective to understand it better. Simply the way people criticise/love the game similarly goes for the story, you know like pick up on the details that are not immediately obvious while playing, etc..eventually nothing will change it for real.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:43 AM

Again, the point is, R* have given all the details that are required. That's the story, that's the way it is and will be. 

Gamers have to learn that they are just an audience, and they need to stop thinking that their additions are going to make things better. In my experience, contributions from the audience just make things worse.

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:07 AM

- change Mr. Phillips(mission), have the beginning scene start out in the grand senora desert with a member of the lost digging a grave, and johnny K. talking to a tied up and gagged trevor "you brought this on yourself, when you killed my brothers. Trevor tries to speak but his voice is muffled, johnny k. Asks trevor "any last words before we sentence you to hell? A member of the lost removes the gag as trevor retorts with "I was telling you to dig a bigger hole. Trevor than breaks free and smacks johhny in the head with a shovel and kills members of the lost escaping than hijacks a nearby bike. He later calls ron to say "Ron, you there, ron?! Daddy's on his way home! Trevor drives back to his trailer in sandy shores and meets ron at the doorway and says "trouble's coming! He than runs to the bathroom to take a dump, meanwhile the lost have already trailed trevor back to sandy shores and are circliling the town like hungry vultures readying to attack their prey. Minutes later trevor's still stuck on the toilet as the lost begin their assault by proceeding to shoot up trevor's trailer with trevor yelling "sh*t, sh*t.. I'm out of toilet paper, ron run to the store and buy us more tp! anyways trevor comes blasing out of his trailor and wipes out most the bikers leaving johnny k, terry and clay standing, johnny yells out "Live to fight another day my brothers, we'll kill you later trevor.

I really did envison all of that btw.
  • visionist likes this

BeLikeMike
  • BeLikeMike

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:27 PM

Simeon was let go way too early. I would have preferred more repo missions over the Lester assassinations even though you make a lot of money.

• Charles Phipps and jondean31 like this

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:12 PM

Maybe a disclaimer that it is a work of fiction and not meant to be taken literally

Hangover
  • Hangover

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:13 PM

I want to do pain in the arse to tracy.

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Hustler

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:16 PM

Nothing I think whole story's so damn fine, but I'd like to change some kid's mind who still thinks it's bad story, that's all. :)

or maybe you are the stupid kid who thinks the story is good even if its really not

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:17 PM

Nothing I think whole story's so damn fine, but I'd like to change some kid's mind who still thinks it's bad story, that's all. :)

or maybe you are the stupid kid who thinks the story is good even if its really not

Maybe he just has a different opinion than you.

Shadowlarvitar
  • Shadowlarvitar

Proud Saints Row Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:10 PM

Have Franklin get killed off

Have Lamar be the third protaganist.

Have the Lost be allies with TPE and they fight the AoD.

Bring back Roman and make him one of Trevor's friends. "Hey Trevor, want to go bowling?" "No, I f****** hate bowling!"

Gasmasks
  • Gasmasks

Megalomaniac

• Members
  • England

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:42 PM

I'd rather have Franklin be an actual gang-banger and not some poser wannabe. I'd like to see a crooked cop pulling the strings of michael, maybe a crooked FIB agent much like Dave just without the actual bullsh*t that comes with the Steve Haines crap. I'd want Trevor to be able to actually handle meth deals rather than just discuss them, give Trevor his own gang as well kind of like the O'neill brothers, except cooler and less pathetic. Franklin should be able to collect a few 'homies' to swing by and do drive-bys on the ballas and other stuff like that, gang stuff you know?
Michael was fine how he was, a retired thief who wears slippers lol. But Trevor could have had a lot more stuff to do. Drug dealing in these games is a MUST. Having the potential to both go wrong and go normally. Ie. A gunfight when it goes wrong, or a fist fight. Also I'd like to see Trevor being able to climb the ladder when it comes to meth dealing and if you shake down rival manufacturers you can eventually be at the top and they pay you tribute.

gtaxpert
  • gtaxpert

that's how I dooz it

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:45 PM

Erase Trevor as a whole and replace him with a more believable less-ripe-for-insane-asylum protagonist.

So you want to erase the best character in the game.. Interesting...

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:01 PM

If Trevor is considered the best character of the game, the rest of the cast was simply below the bottom.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

Police Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:21 PM

@Woggleman

It's a she.

gtaxpert
  • gtaxpert

that's how I dooz it

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:29 PM Edited by gtaxpert, 03 January 2014 - 01:03 AM.

If Trevor is considered the best character of the game, the rest of the cast was simply below the bottom.

No, it's just that Trevor was completely awesome and had amazing voice acting... Him being awesome doesn't make the rest of the cast worse.

RandomStunt
  • RandomStunt

The freaks come out at night..

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:40 PM Edited by StuntmanDYOM, 02 January 2014 - 08:48 PM.

-Post deleted, alright my rage meter is empty.-

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

My posts are brought to you by Chuckola Cola Drinks.

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:53 PM

I wouldn't get rid of Simeon at an early stage of the game and that's it. For those people that want to delete missions from the FIB, correct me if I'm wrong, but they only give us a total of 8 missions.

Mr Oraange
  • Mr Oraange

Tim Roth has an alien skull for a forehead.

• Members
  • Botswana

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:02 PM

Get Trevor blasted by the Vagos and the Lost. 

Fin.

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:12 PM

If Trevor was removed, we would have GTA: Mid-life Crisis Simulator 2013, starring Michael and his stupid family and that black guy who just stands there doing nothing.

• gtaxpert, Gta_V_Fan_101 and jondean31 like this

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:21 PM

Add more meat. I could have used more heists. I thought the story was awesome, but there just weren't enough heists.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

AKA: BLOOD,BiiD or BloodMOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:22 PM

If Trevor was removed, we would have GTA: Mid-life Crisis Simulator 2013, starring Michael and his stupid family and that black guy who just stands there doing nothing.

Lol,atleast the Black guy have a name (Franklin)

Charles Phipps
  • Charles Phipps

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:48 AM Edited by Charles Phipps, 16 January 2014 - 10:53 AM.

Changes I would have made to the story

Simeon

+ After Simeon fires you, you can go back to his car dealership and rescue him from a group of Aztecs who have come to kill him for the events of the motorcycle repossession. If you rescue Simoen, you can do repossession missions for Simeon for the rest of the game.

+ You can also buy out his car lot at the end of the game and force him to call YOU sir.

Stretch

+ Stretch hires you and Lamar for several other gang missions until you find out that he's the guy who has been betraying the gang to the Ballas and Aztecs. He more or less has been trying to hype up the gang wars between the two gangs so he can personally make some more money--irregardless of how many of his "homies" get killed.

He'd be a nasty deconstruction of Sweets, basically, highlighting "hood loyalty" is self-destructive. He'd also become your Aunts girlfriend at some point. Maybe he's also your mother's crack dealer too.

+ Or, if Stretch remains just a nasty jerkass, I'd make him Sweet from San Andreas. Just, instead of being CJ's brother, he's pathetic and old while still pretending it's the 90s and he's a "cool" gangbanger.

Tanisha

+ Remove her and just have Franklin's relationship with Tonya, like Johnny and Ashley. A past mistake. If you complete the tow truck missions, she goes into rehab and divorces her husband.

The Lost MC

+ The Lost MC would be the primary antagonists of Trevor's mission with Johnny Klebitz being the enemy. He's not strung out on meth but still violently overprotective of Ashley. Missions would include killing Clay and Terry with Johnny as the final boss but killed by Franklin instead.

+ The Triads remain semi-friendly and the "drugged out son" is actually Woozie's son.

Madroza/Devin Westin

+ I'd remove him completely. The guy whose house you demolish is actually Devin Westin's own and he's introduced much earlier.

+ The kidnapping of Devin Westin's wife happens after he tries to cheat everyone and turns him into a dangerous enemy.

Epsilon Program

+ Is actually a "Friends and Strangers" mission as Michael finds out his wife has somehow ended up joining them so he joins them to find out what's happened to her. Jimmy and Tracey contact Michael because this is out of character for her.

+ The final mission involves not stealing a bunch of money from them but a full-on Max Payne assault on their Celebrity Center. We find out that Amanda is being held hostage there by her yoga instructor.

+ You'll have the option of killing Cris Fromage during the mission and doing the optional objective of stealing their entire vault's contents.

+ Amanda is much nicer after this rescue.

IAA

+ One of the missions will be to take out Karen from GTA IV who is a mastermind of all these problems.

+ Another mission is to take out the Paper Contact guy.

FIB

+ Dave Norton is replaced by a woman so we can have more positive female characters in the game.

Taliana Martinez and Packie

+ Is a Strangers and Freaks missions. So is Packie.

+ You can call up them (and other characters) for Backup like in Saints Row.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Old school

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:54 PM

Erase Trevor as a whole and replace him with a more believable less-ripe-for-insane-asylum protagonist.

He wasn't suggesting to erase Michael and Franklin just Trevor.

grasseyeball
  • grasseyeball

Man of Business

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:58 PM

Revamp the entire story so the 3 protags are unconnected, complete strangers (for the most part) with separate, engaging, fleshed out story/backstory. Take out online completely so it won't turn out feeling halfassed.

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

My posts are brought to you by Chuckola Cola Drinks.

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:58 PM Edited by Gta_V_Fan_101, 16 January 2014 - 01:59 PM.

Yeah and Trevor was the best character in the game. MUUUUCH better than Niko.  ;)

Charles Phipps
  • Charles Phipps

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:03 PM

Trevor has the benefit of being genuinely evil in a world of antiheroes. After the sixth or seventh person Michael rescued, it was a breathe of vile air.

Revamp the entire story so the 3 protags are unconnected, complete strangers (for the most part) with separate, engaging, fleshed out story/backstory. Take out online completely so it won't turn out feeling halfassed.

Wouldn't that just be easier releasing three separate games?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users