Photo

Change the storyline?

70 replies to this topic
JoshuaMethven69
  • JoshuaMethven69

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:32 AM

If you could change the storyline, what would you change?

I would have loved to have Franklin actually being a gangster, killing Ballas, drug dealing and kidnapping.

Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
  • Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:37 AM Edited by Raavi, 01 January 2014 - 06:38 AM.

Erase Trevor as a whole and replace him with a more believable less-ripe-for-insane-asylum protagonist.

• kj2022, TimelyMeerkat, TheticalFlyer97 and 2 others like this

man dragon
  • man dragon

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:13 AM

Age Franklin up by 10 years and make him an old associate of Michael and Trevor's who was caught and went to jail before Michael set up Trevor. The game would start with Franklin being released from Bolingbrook and getting a job as a repo-man to satisfy the parole board, with the rest being the same. The change would make Franklin relevant to the story.

• MagzGTA and EM_JAY_86 like this

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

20% Skill, 80% Fear

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:46 AM

Age Franklin up by 10 years and make him an old associate of Michael and Trevor's who was caught and went to jail before Michael set up Trevor. The game would start with Franklin being released from Bolingbrook and getting a job as a repo-man to satisfy the parole board, with the rest being the same. The change would make Franklin relevant to the story.

We need a young character somewhere. It would be weird with three old guys.

Also, he is relevant to the story. He's the one who decides how it ends.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:24 AM

-Throw out Weston and add Mandrazo to the storyline. 

-Change Trevor a bit (into more Lynch or Murdoc type of guy)

-Replace Lost MC with AoD.

• TimelyMeerkat and TheticalFlyer97 like this

Brian359
  • Brian359

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:32 AM

Nothing wrong with storyline as is.
  • atsjoonas likes this

PulpFiction
  • PulpFiction

The Libertonian grandmaster

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:35 AM

-Make Trevor one of the supporting characters.

-Considerably cut down FIB involvement.

-Madrazo as the main antagonist.

-Instead of several heists there's just one epic one towards the end.

-Write Weston and Haines out completely.

-Make it so Franklin meets Michael just before halfway through the story.

• theGTAking101 likes this

Polish_Trucker
  • Polish_Trucker

It's the Hoff, I've been on this beach since Baywatch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:41 AM

The only thing I'd change is Trevor to have a smaller role as being a hipster that drives around in a BF Surfer... and less FIB involvement. 

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:52 AM

If you could change the storyline, what would you change?

I would have loved to have Franklin actually being a gangster, killing Ballas, drug dealing and kidnapping.

Well then you missed the whole POINT of Franklin's story...that he doesn't want to do any of that ignorant bullsh*t like Lamar and the other idiots
  • Charles Phipps and TheticalFlyer97 like this

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:19 AM

-Make Trevor one of the supporting characters.

Back when some artwork got leaked or whatever happened, and we got that picture of some greasy foreign looking guy on an ATV with a sniper - who later turned out to be Trevor, it really looked like he was originally a supporting character.

Rockstar said Michael was the first protagonist they came up with for V. I wouldn't be surprised if Rockstar slowly came to the idea of SWITCH. I could totally see the game at some point just being a Michael and Franklin dynamic.

To OP, change to the storyline I would make? Have a physical antagonist - more specifically, Brad. First off, it seems most people miss it - but like Rockstar said GTA V is about the pursuit of the almighty dollar. The main conflict in V is a Man vs Society conflict, which branches off into multiple Man vs Man conflicts.

The economy is the real antagonist in the game, with all three protagonists doing whatever it takes to make their dirty living. We have Franklin trying to move up from the two-bit gangster to some real crime work and make some serious cash. Then we have Michael struggling with his anger issues and angry family draining his savings, and having to get back into the game and earn some money again. When we first meet Trevor, he's trying to get expand his black market business and continue selling his illegal products.

With that aside, I would have much preffered a traditional protagonist like in the previous games. When I first played V when it was released, I was so lost and kept wondering when the main antagonist would be introduced. At first I thought Madrazo would be the antagonist, and the game would be Michael dragging Franklin and Trevor into his mess to get money together to pay him off.

Then with Trevor's emails to Brad, I thought Brad would end up being the antagonist. Hell, there was a prerelease screenshot featuring Trevor staking out the prison. I really hoped that at some point Trevor would bust Brad out, and Brad would want to exact revenge on Michael for what he did. That's the storyline I would have preferred. The storyline most of us thought before the game was released. Michael is put into WPP, family is draining savings, Michael has perform heists, gets Franklin and Trevor involved, Brad is busted out, Brad is the bad guy.

But I'm somewhat content with the story we have. It really feels like there are some parts missing, and parts that are in the game feel rushed. From IV, RDR, and MP3 - I think we all expected a bit more from V's story. I wish Rockstar was more open about their beta designs and ideas - but we all know how they talk about GTA III's beta.

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

20% Skill, 80% Fear

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:37 AM

Wait, what? We had no idea Brad existed until the game was released.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:32 PM

Wait, what? We had no idea Brad existed until the game was released.

Yes we did. I forget who, but CVG, GameInformer, some website that got to play the demo mentioned in their article "Trevor mentions to Michael someone named Brad that they should get out of prison, but Michael ignores the idea."

It was speculated that Brad was someone M and T knew before M went into WPP.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

aka: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:37 PM

I wouldnt change it,i love the Heist-theme storyline,it a new crime theme to the series.

FromBrnoCity
  • FromBrnoCity

Don't call me guy, I have no peenus.I have nice new tits btw

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:39 PM

Nothing I think whole story's so damn fine, but I'd like to change some kid's mind who still thinks it's bad story, that's all. :)

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:21 PM Edited by GtaIvFanboy, 01 January 2014 - 06:24 PM.

i do not understand the hate for Trevor at all his an asshole sure but he was fine as a protagonist and the most memorable out of the 3 i would also keep steve haines and devin at first i thought they were both sh*tty antagonists but looking back i liked them they were a pair of cocky annoying douches and good Bad guys and i did not mind the FIB stuff in fact i liked it. but i would change these things

make the game less gimmicky. 

longer more in depth feud with the Lost MC. 

cut the Occasional saints row humour out.

more missions before trevor goes to LS. 

Madrezo as one of the Antagonists. 

Remove the whole Solomon Richards Michael film Producer part of the Storyline.

and make the deathwish ending all Separate missions.

• Gta_V_Fan_101 likes this

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:29 PM

I liked Franklin, i thought he was relevant to the story lol. He is basically the one that kicks it off and also the one that makes a major choice and is the voice of reason during M and T's childish disputes. Without him they would have probably killed each other before the 2nd heist. 

• SamHBS likes this

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:42 PM

Cut 80% of the FIB missions out.

Give Franklin more involvement in the story personally and professionally.

Lamar needs a bigger role too.

5 Heists and the last one should be absolutely breathtaking.

DLC: North Yankton DLC as a story DLC.

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:55 PM

Erase Trevor as a whole and replace him with a more believable less-ripe-for-insane-asylum protagonist.

No.

People are already complaining about Michael being boring, although I disagree. We've never had a crazy protagonist.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2014 - 07:17 PM

Cut 80% of the FIB missions out.

Give Franklin more involvement in the story personally and professionally.

Lamar needs a bigger role too.

5 Heists and the last one should be absolutely breathtaking.

DLC: North Yankton DLC as a story DLC.

What the heck are you on about? Lol when only the 8 FIB missions are there were great especially "By the Book" which solidifies GTA as Ultimate King of Controversy.God I love that mission :)
  • visionist likes this

Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
  • Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 01 January 2014 - 07:26 PM

No.

People are already complaining about Michael being boring, although I disagree. We've never had a crazy protagonist.

It's my personal opinion, I just didn't like the guy one bit. He is too over the top for my liking and some of his monologue/dialogue is disturbing to say the least. Which for me isn't a positive. Michael on the other hand is my favourite, although he isn't the "badass" veteran I figured he'd be.

RandomStunt
  • RandomStunt

That hobo from poland

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 01 January 2014 - 07:47 PM

-Erase Trevor COMPLETELY and replace him with Brad, not to let brad kill Johnny, but let brad do heists with michael.

-Johnny, Clay, Terry, Al Di Napoli, Whole Lost MC, Elwood, Walton, Wynn, Ernie, Earl, Dale, Doyle, Daryl, Dan, Ashley Butler, Floyd, Debra, Leon stay alive. basically all of Trevor's kills. Trevor WRECKED the GTA Series, almost all of the celebs are dead because of him, and 50% of people who live in Los Santos were dead because of him.

-Make Lamar the Third Protag, like in the Beta.

-Erase Trevor.

-Erase Trevor.

Sborges91
  • Sborges91

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:58 PM

-Get rid of the O'Neil brothers and replace them with The Lost.

-Have the multiple endings be a surprise. I didn't mind choosing who died, but it shouldn't have been so obvious. It should have been like GTA IV where there was the Deal and Revenge endings. With those, you didn't know who was going to die. 

-Give Madrazo a bigger role. 

-This isn't very realistic, but I would have scrapped the Merryweather heist and had the Prologue be the opening heist (with planning, crew selection, etc.) 

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:03 AM

Make it a bit longer.

Bonnano
  • Bonnano

i hate the mexican that screams "f*ck me in the ass"

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:07 AM

The story as it is is fine. I would put more Collateral influence into it, and give Madrazo a bigger role. Oh and have Trevor and Patricia meet more too.

GTAV112
  • GTAV112

Playa

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:08 AM Edited by GTAV112, 02 January 2014 - 02:11 AM.

just give franklin more missions and involved with lamar and a mission will be cool, where he is planing his own heist (before the big heist) more missions for madrazo and a longer story (more missions) thats all and trevor should had more complications with the lost mc, after he meet michael again, and i would had some more missions after the big one and then the last mission and eventually more heists xd

i like the story how it is, but with the things i posted it will be much more better^^

Shah Sam
  • Shah Sam

Shah

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:21 AM

- Replace Michael with Niko

- Erase Trevor and Franklin from the story.

- Replace Steve Haines and the rest of FIB with Dimitri Rascalov.

- Replace Devin Weston and Merryweather with Jimmy Pegorino and the Italian Mafia.

- Replace every other character in the game with genetically superior (and more depressed) characters.

- Replace South San Andreas with Liberty City.

And there you have it, a perfect GTA-game.

Spoiler

• theNGclan likes this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:35 AM

This what what i think the Expansions for GTA 5 will be like,a prequel for Franklin before the events of GTA 5 maybe focusing on Car Theft and Gangwars,an Alien Dlc for Michael,Franklin and Trevor,an a separate story focused on Trevor,maybe with the 3 Protagonists system they could finally implement a timeline Era switches(switching from Michael Story to Franklin Story Etc.)

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:40 AM

-Throw out Weston and add Mandrazo to the storyline. 

-Change Trevor a bit (into more Lynch or Murdoc type of guy)

-Replace Lost MC with AoD.

I'm with that. I wanted the Angels of Death to return. They seemed extremely interesting. It was claimed that the Angels owned a theme park down in Los Santos. I was actually looking forward to see that. A random character in GTA V said that the Angels of Death MC were wiped out. Man, they had chapters in nearly every country of the world meanwhile the Lost MC were only stationed in Liberty City.

Zodape
  • Zodape

El Crápula

• The Yardies
  • Argentina

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:32 AM Edited by Zodape, 02 January 2014 - 07:32 AM.

-Give Franklin more protagonism. He basically faded away after Trevor came and all of a sudden he decides the ending.

-Give Madrazo a bigger role.

-Bring that wheelchair guy from the Lost back to replace Johnny after he dies and then have more missions around Trevor's war with the Lost. Maybe the final mission against them would be putting some C4s on his wheel chair, tie him up and use him as a kamikaze-c4-human-thingy to destroy the Lost club in LS, or some crazy sh*t like that.

-Being able to date Patricia as Trevor.

-More alternative endings, like being able to switch characters in endings A and B and kill Franklin as Michael/Trevor.

That's all I can think of. I'm actually happy with the story as it is.

Cylan
  • Cylan

High-Functioning Sociopath

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:05 AM

-Introduce Trevor as he was in the game, but have him stay in Blaine County longer and meet Michael again purely through coincidence.

-Focus more on the double life Rockstar tries to suggest that Franklin lives, with both more hood focused missions, direct antagonism from Stretch, and maybe even his own heist where he's totally in control of all the details with no involvement from Michael. Lester would still plan it and all that.

-Temporary playable characters to change the point of view. For the raid on the lab, make it a full heist involving Michael, Steve, and Dave all doing their own parts with Trevor/Franklin as grunts/minions for just that mission. Or with the above example, Lamar as a playable character for Franklin's heist.

-The Lost as meaningful antagonists. They can kill Johnny off just as they do in the game, but make the Lost subplot into something bigger.

-Relating to the above, have Trevor's storyline basically be a big clusterf*ck of him getting  involved in all kinds of TPE related shenanigans.

Actually, I even have an idea for how Michael could meet Trevor. Remember that screenshot showcasing the car with luggage on top going through Vinewood Hills? Imagine a mission where Michael and Amanda decide to try and work out their issues by taking the kids camping. They're bantering in the car talking about this and that, their past life and how they got there while the kids text in the backseat. Suddenly, control switches to Trevor. He's talking things out with Ron about some deal/meet with the Lost. Right before it switches back to Michael, Trevor drops the name of the exact background the De Santas are driving towards.

Back to Michael, it's more driving and bantering. Amanda questions how they have the money to afford all their stuff, asking Michael if he's back in the life. He dodges the question and control switches back to Trevor as the deal begins. Terry, Clay, and Angus are there and because of how Trevor is, the meeting dissolves into a chaotic gunfight right as Michael gets there. Amidst the chaos, Trevor turns his head just in time to see a ghost from his past. Michael panics, flooring it as his family starts asking what is going on, Amanda badgering Michael about how he told her Trevor was dead. Trevor eventually crashes Michael off the road and pulls him out of the car, holding him at gunpoint. The scene would be tense, immediately establishing their relationship would be very rocky if it somehow didn't end in their deaths. The only reason it doesn't is that the bikers were right on Trevor's tail and Michael begs him to help save his family from the mutual threat.

Trevor would then proceed to go totally batsh*t on the Lost, taking out his rage towards Michael's lie on them. The mission would end with a long car ride home with Amanda and the kids cowering from Trevor as Michael and him talked the whole way. Basically it and the following cutscene would be them establishing some kind of truce for now, with Michael trying to act like he's on to a score Trevor can hit. As luck would have it, Trevor is in need of money so he agrees to hold off on his grudge.

Sorry, I know I just digressed a whole lot, but I felt like writing it down right as it popped up in my head.

• visionist, Zodape and jondean31 like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users