Photo

Past month has been the best gta online experience. Honest

51 replies to this topic
God-eater
  • God-eater

Ah, so that's how you change that.

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:03 PM Edited by God-eater, 01 January 2014 - 02:04 PM.

Yes I have bought things before, in fact. But have you payed 25,000 dollars for paint?

so you want realistic pricing?

how much does it cost to airlift a tank?

I'll call touché if no one else will. ;)

dlow
  • dlow

Just an Old Man

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:11 PM

I have played for just over 2 months, and until a few days before Christmas had to grind for money, have some wealthy friends fully upgrade a car for me to sell and so on, but then all of a sudden i became a billionaire

at first i thought all my problems were gone, i could buy anything i wanted that my level would let me buy.........and have more fun..but the truth is more fun didnt come from more money......yes i dont have to worry about money when stocking up on ammo ect, but i didnt really worry about that to start with because i only stock piled ammo for weapons i used 

Items like planes and boats were always there all i had to do was go to an area where they spawned and grab one

Buying and Upgrading Cars at will is the only perk i see to having tons of money......and having upgraded cars might give you a little advantage in races it does not make you a winner by default, i have won races in the stock versions while racing against fully upgraded versions of the same car, and i have lost some to

I still do my Grind of stealing and selling cars, hitting armored cars robbing store, exporting vehicles to Simeon just like i did before i became rich.........i still play to explore the map to find new areas , so money hasn't changed the way 

If rockstar takes it all away today or sometime in the future, i will still enjoy the game

rlr149
  • rlr149

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:16 PM

Yes I have bought things before, in fact. But have you payed 25,000 dollars for paint?

so you want realistic pricing?

how much does it cost to airlift a tank?

I'll call touché if no one else will. ;)

on a side note, i'd happily swap the tank delivery charge and paintjob fee. under 1k for a paintjob, 25k to spawn a tank each and every time.

but that would just mean R* creating another money sink on something else. there has to be stuff to spend money on or there may as well be no money.

Taylor7500
  • Taylor7500

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:31 PM

Surely it'd be better to add a mechanic where you can delete any money you don't want yourself. That way, those who like having money can keep it, and those who don't can ditch it without losing all their legit cash. Then all they need to do is fix the exploits and everyone's happy.

sportbikepilot369
  • sportbikepilot369

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:53 PM

It's been garbage.

You have people who play legit, have plenty of time on their hands, and don't mind starting from the dirt and clawing their way up. I'm one of these people.

Then you have people who either A: Don't have a whole lot of time due to work and IRL issues, so they'd like to get the best content as quickly as possible, which is understandable

And B: People who are impatient, lazy, sh!t-tastic at the game who probably should be playing Super Mario Bros, get raped in Freemode so they spend the majority of their time in a tank and make threads to brag about it here, and want all the best stuff with as little work for it as possible.

The lazy impatient little nerds screwed up the game. Instead of playing the game and finding a groove, they exploited glitch after glitch until this DNS crap went popular and most everyone started turning into Arnold Schwarzenegger chasing after John and Sarah Connor. I didn't have a problem with trolls, griefers, whatever you want to call them; the internet tough guys who ride up on you and spray up your car with an AP pistol, fly up on you in a buzzard, and generally kill you for no reason. I dealt with them. I even found a way to deal with tanks when everybody started buying them. But this god mode crap killed the game for me, for a while at least.

Add that onto the fact that some nerd dropped 51 million on me. Sure, it was nice to see all of those numbers, and I was able to buy a helicopter, a plane and 2 boats, but i'd already earned 168 levels myself. I'd already earned all the guns, 10 cars, 8 of which were fully modified, and at the time the money was given to me I had the money to modify #9. So now I have 49 million and nothing to do. What sense does it make to rob stores and hit the armored truck now?

I made a second character and pulled all that money from the account, making my main broke again (after trying the "Put it on your 2nd character and delete it" thing, but that didn't work.) Being a millionare was cool for all of about 5 minutes. GTA for me is about climbing the criminal ladder; I like the struggle. I like having nothing and having to go out in the streets to find it. Now that the Terminators are being dealt with and I no longer have all that money on me, it's beginning to get fun again. If the nerds chill out long enough to let R* finish some new content instead of constantly fixing and patching damage done by these nerds, I might become addicted again. Personally I hope they take all that money away; I never asked for it, never wanted it.

It was a sh!t month, but now it's a new year. Anything could happen.

All that money and nothing to do? Are you kidding? Exactly what game are you playing? You actually enjoyed holding up stores, armored cars, selling cars? Mindless, challenge free monotony? I f*cking hated it. Grinding for cash for 7 hours so I could then play the game for one... Free roam and the random encounters, and yes sometimes the mayhem and complete chaos, are where it's at for me. I'm not a shoot first kinda guy. I will let the other player set the tone of our meeting. But if they shoot I will hound them all over the map using every tool at my disposal. But if another player needs help, I'm up for that too. I can't tell you how many times I have teamed up with random players to go after a "greifer" or a tank tard. Or how many times a player has called for an airlift (I fly a buzzard, allot) to get rid of the cops. Random battles that were like a real chess match with someone who uses real tactics, battles that last hours, range all over the map.Those are the f*cking best, it's no fun and zero challenge killing sh*t players or people not interested in mixing it up. And you have nothing to do? You, sir, have no imagination.

• Magick and GankThis110 like this

Banana Duck
  • Banana Duck

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:57 PM

Rockstars fault for being so tight with money.

rlr149
  • rlr149

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:43 PM Edited by rlr149, 01 January 2014 - 03:51 PM.

Grinding for cash for 7 hours so I could then play the game for one... Free roam and the random encounters, and yes sometimes the mayhem and complete chaos, are where it's at for me.

so you played the game for 8 hours, the game is what it is, you don't get to decide which 'part' is the game.

you can certainly decide which part you 'enjoy', but as i say, the whole thing is the 'game'

you knew before you bought it you'd have to earn cash ingame, so why did you buy a game you don't want to play 80-90% of?

and as far as it being like chess, bullsh*t, you have everything unlocked, a tactical chess player could beat you with less pieces than you and he'd be the better player........ challenge yourself, beat those with everything unlocked, stab a guy with a broken bottle when he's trying to RPG you.

everyone having miniguns doesn't a tactical game make.

cjdavies
  • cjdavies

Homie

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:51 PM

Nope, I give my gifted money to my second character.

tjor24
  • tjor24

Homie

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:53 PM

They just need a separate game mode similar to gta 4 for all these people. Or you guys could just go back and play gta 4 and stop whining because you actually have to work for something in the game. If all you wanna do is kill then just rob a couple liquor stores. Geez it's not that hard to get money for ammo...
  • Dont Shoot likes this

kingcool52
  • kingcool52

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:56 PM

I'm feeling a lot of fun. It's unfair that I am still to recieve some cash :(

rlr149
  • rlr149

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:57 PM

They just need a separate game mode similar to gta 4 for all these people. Or you guys could just go back and play gta 4 and stop whining because you actually have to work for something in the game. If all you wanna do is kill then just rob a couple liquor stores. Geez it's not that hard to get money for ammo...

it is for the 'skillful' 'chess' players using spam weapons, costs loads to reload the grenade launcher/minigun etc etc

GankThis110
  • GankThis110

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:13 PM

It's been garbage.

You have people who play legit, have plenty of time on their hands, and don't mind starting from the dirt and clawing their way up. I'm one of these people.

Then you have people who either A: Don't have a whole lot of time due to work and IRL issues, so they'd like to get the best content as quickly as possible, which is understandable
And B: People who are impatient, lazy, sh!t-tastic at the game who probably should be playing Super Mario Bros, get raped in Freemode so they spend the majority of their time in a tank and make threads to brag about it here, and want all the best stuff with as little work for it as possible.

The lazy impatient little nerds screwed up the game. Instead of playing the game and finding a groove, they exploited glitch after glitch until this DNS crap went popular and most everyone started turning into Arnold Schwarzenegger chasing after John and Sarah Connor. I didn't have a problem with trolls, griefers, whatever you want to call them; the internet tough guys who ride up on you and spray up your car with an AP pistol, fly up on you in a buzzard, and generally kill you for no reason. I dealt with them. I even found a way to deal with tanks when everybody started buying them. But this god mode crap killed the game for me, for a while at least.

Add that onto the fact that some nerd dropped 51 million on me. Sure, it was nice to see all of those numbers, and I was able to buy a helicopter, a plane and 2 boats, but i'd already earned 168 levels myself. I'd already earned all the guns, 10 cars, 8 of which were fully modified, and at the time the money was given to me I had the money to modify #9. So now I have 49 million and nothing to do. What sense does it make to rob stores and hit the armored truck now?

I made a second character and pulled all that money from the account, making my main broke again (after trying the "Put it on your 2nd character and delete it" thing, but that didn't work.) Being a millionare was cool for all of about 5 minutes. GTA for me is about climbing the criminal ladder; I like the struggle. I like having nothing and having to go out in the streets to find it. Now that the Terminators are being dealt with and I no longer have all that money on me, it's beginning to get fun again. If the nerds chill out long enough to let R* finish some new content instead of constantly fixing and patching damage done by these nerds, I might become addicted again. Personally I hope they take all that money away; I never asked for it, never wanted it.

All that money and nothing to do? Are you kidding? Exactly what game are you playing? You actually enjoyed holding up stores, armored cars, selling cars? Mindless, challenge free monotony? I f*cking hated it. Grinding for cash for 7 hours so I could then play the game for one... Free roam and the random encounters, and yes sometimes the mayhem and complete chaos, are where it's at for me. I'm not a shoot first kinda guy. I will let the other player set the tone of our meeting. But if they shoot I will hound them all over the map using every tool at my disposal. But if another player needs help, I'm up for that too. I can't tell you how many times I have teamed up with random players to go after a "greifer" or a tank tard. Or how many times a player has called for an airlift (I fly a buzzard, allot) to get rid of the cops. Random battles that were like a real chess match with someone who uses real tactics, battles that last hours, range all over the map.Those are the f*cking best, it's no fun and zero challenge killing sh*t players or people not interested in mixing it up. And you have nothing to do? You, sir, have no imagination.

But but...you must grind! How dare you actually enjoy the game in your own way instead of rock* telling you. Grinding lame ass missions and robbing stores over and over again is the only way to have fun!

rlr149
  • rlr149

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:37 PM

It's been garbage.

But but...you must grind! How dare you actually enjoy the game in your own way instead of rock* telling you. Grinding lame ass missions and robbing stores over and over again is the only way to have fun!

it's not the only way, theres billions of other games, given that you don't want to play 90% of this one.

no reason you should get an easy ride for the 10% you do play.

The Spook
  • The Spook

Driver - Assassin

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:40 PM Edited by The Spook, 01 January 2014 - 04:42 PM.

It's been garbage.

You play your game, i'll play mine.

It's as simple as that.

Yes, "all that money and nothing to do." Did you read my post? I'd already earned everything I wanted when that 51 million was given to me. What else is there to buy?

Hate on me because of what I like to do if you want, but in the end it just make you look bad, not me.

Ma'am by the way, not sir, thanks.

GankThis110
  • GankThis110

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:57 PM

It's been garbage.

it's not the only way, theres billions of other games, given that you don't want to play 90% of this one.

no reason you should get an easy ride for the 10% you do play.

There's more than grinding missions in the game. I happen to enjoy FR. There's no reason should have to move in to another game.

If they want people to actually pretend this is an MMO then then they should make it enjoyable, not a hassle.

Strike-Eagle_1
  • Strike-Eagle_1

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:42 PM

In my defense, I grinded my ass all the way up to level 128 before I received some donations. So in my book hitting 120 is considered as "beating" the game. I think I deserve to not worry about making money at this point and mess around in free roam on my behalf. Consider it a retirement plan.
  • GankThis110 and The Spook like this

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilited Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 01 January 2014 - 07:28 PM

its being lovely... no one doing mission, everybody on the streets battling.

for once i felt gtao reached it potential and for once was played like it should!

pure fun... 'til the godmode.

rlr149
  • rlr149

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:16 PM

There's more than grinding missions in the game. I happen to enjoy FR. There's no reason should have to move in to another game.

If they want people to actually pretend this is an MMO then then they should make it enjoyable, not a hassle.

am i missing something? since when did people play games they don't f*cking like?

do you punch yourself in the balls too?

LeoV
  • LeoV

The Invincible R.E.G.I.S Mark V

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:22 PM

They need to just raise the payouts A LOT. Otherwise what's the point of even doing mission jobs?

rlr149
  • rlr149

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:38 PM Edited by rlr149, 01 January 2014 - 08:39 PM.

They need to just raise the payouts A LOT. Otherwise what's the point of even doing mission jobs?

what's the point in having a gun if you can't hit anything?

that's the only reason your not profiting from jobs. or your only using the expensive spam weapons.

h1r0ll3r
  • h1r0ll3r

Calm and cool with just a hint of psychotic tendencies

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:29 PM

I'd only stop playing if they touch my assets. My cars are there to stay along with my Pegasus vehicles and apartment.

Agreed. They can have my money but if they delete my cars or any of my goodies then this game is getting sold. 

HappHarryHardOn
  • HappHarryHardOn

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:33 PM

Oh look people with no skill crying that they can only have fun when everything is handed to them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users