We have a nice New Year gift for you guys! After releasing two beta versions, we are proud to present you the release of DYOM V8.
Because we wanted to add new features, from now on only CLEO 4 will be supported (as explained in the announcement topic). Please install CLEO 4 before using DYOM version 8, or it will crash instantly. Below you can find a video for installing CLEO 4:
New features in V8
The following new features are added:
- For your convenience, we added quick browsing for cars, actors and objects. Using G and H, you can jump with 10 steps at the time, instead of 1. Please note that we already introduced the following quick browsing for cars in an earlier version: p for next plane, h for next helicopter, b for next boat, c for next car and s for next special vehicle.
- In previous version we supported "fire" and "explosion" as special objects, that you could use in your missions. After many requests we extended these with over 90 additional effects to dress up your missions, but they also enable all new gameplay options. For example, you can create fireworks or be even more creative...
- In addition to the existing "follow actor" camera mode, we added two modes for using a camera for a specific actor: "1st person" places the camera's at the actors eye-level and thus shows his view-point. "3rd person" hovers the camera behind the actor and moves with him, as he walks around, much like it normally does with the player. Below you see an example of the same scene in "follow actor", "1st person" en "3rd person" mode.
- Cutscenes now have 4 properties:
Slowmotion: slows down the action, for a dramatic effect
Shaking camera: Camera wiggles, to be used e.g. for explosions, drunkness
Skip Fading: No fade-in, fade-out around the cutscene
Skip Widescreen: normal display is used for the cutscene instead of the standard widescreen
- By popular request we added objective objects to DYOM. You can choose between four types of objectives: Touch the object, photograph the object, shoot the object or damage the object.
- To enable mission that involve buying and selling stuff we added "add money" and "subtract money" special objectives.
- When positioning the camera for a cutscene you can use G en H to scroll through positions used in previous cutscenes. This can be quite useful if you want to create a dialogue, without changing the position of the camera.
- When editing an actor with an animation that involves a route, you have an additional option besides using the existing route and creating a new route. You can now choose to extend the existing route with additional waypoints. For that purpose you will be teleported to the location of the last waypoint, and can continue from there.
- Added fast respawn option for pickups: Pickups had the option to be spawnen once or to be spawned multiple times. That last option does now come in two versions: "respawn after 6 minutes" (the old timing) and "respawn after 30 seconds" ( the new and faster respawn).
- Import/export of objective texts: a brand new feature has been added: Import and export of objective texts. These options in the mission menu, allow you to save the texts of all your objectives into a temporary textfile. Which you can then edit outside DYOM in your favorite edit-tool and which you can import back into the same mission. The texts are save in a file "DYOMtemp.txt" in the same folder as where you put your downloaded missions. This feature allows you to easily proof-read and edit your texts. It also allows you to use characters that are available in SA, but are not supported by DYOM.
- Player Animations added: Another brand new feature is "player animations", these allow you to let your player execute animations during a cutscene. This objective must be placed directly in front of a cutscene. It make it easier to create cutscenes that involve your protagonist. This will in combination with "skip fading" and "skip widescreen" enable you to create truly seamless blended in cutscenes.
- 3 player cutscene camera modes: To make the "player animations" usefull, three new camera modes have been added for cutscene's: "Follow Player", "Player 1st Person" and "Player 3rd Person". These behave the same as the corresponding "actor" modes.
- Increased max amount of rewardmoney in storyline mode
In this version, a number of small and major bugs were fixed. The following major bugs of version 7 should be fixed in version 8:
- Objective texts were not always cleared.
- Skipping a moving cutscene doesn't end the movement.
- Crash while using the fire-object.
- Hide/spawn problems when adding new objectives in the middle.
Although we this is an official release version, bugs are inevitable. If you encounter them, please report them, with as much detail as possible about the circumstances, in this topic.