Bravado Banshee

137 replies to this topic
Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

Old Fart

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:36 AM

Yeah, I've never gotten one with a roof (I've bought three)

But, I think I kind of prefer how it looks without a roof.  I never use my own sports car for missions, anyways.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:37 AM

Yeah it's random.

Sucks to get a roofless one because you die easier during missions  :lol:

Lol yea, I tend to not use my Surano as much because of it.

Regarding a roof, I do not own a vehicle such as the Vacca/Infernus/Monroe/etc that have slotted body gaps where the rear window is, does that actually help reduce the frequency of damage taken by gunfire?

I noticed the Vacca has no glass in the back, just the slats. The Infernus, I cannot remember if it's just slats or also has glass.

Yes, it reduces the damage.

Bullet GT is another example.  Infernus is basically almost bulletproof.

T-Offline
  • T-Offline

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:46 AM Edited by T-Offline, 01 January 2014 - 01:46 AM.

I used the banshee and the comet as my drift cars. After 1.08 i bought them again and cant drift anymore. They are still tailhappy but no drift cars anymore :(  Is it possible that R* improved the grip ?

G37
  • G37

G

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:48 AM

Yeah it's random.

Sucks to get a roofless one because you die easier during missions  :lol:

Lol yea, I tend to not use my Surano as much because of it.

Regarding a roof, I do not own a vehicle such as the Vacca/Infernus/Monroe/etc that have slotted body gaps where the rear window is, does that actually help reduce the frequency of damage taken by gunfire?

I noticed the Vacca has no glass in the back, just the slats. The Infernus, I cannot remember if it's just slats or also has glass.

Yes, it reduces the damage.

Bullet GT is another example.  Infernus is basically almost bulletproof.

Interesting, well I suppose the Vacca gets points for that aspect.

Yeah, I've never gotten one with a roof (I've bought three)

But, I think I kind of prefer how it looks without a roof.  I never use my own sports car for missions, anyways.

Jesus. I just stole one with a roof in Story Mode and prefer it so much better. I bought three previously all with no roof prior to finding that one on the street. Huge turn off if it's that uncommon, however the Coquette is similar - first one purchased had the roof, not the T Top.

G37
  • G37

G

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:57 AM

Also another question I wanted to bring up (please keep adding onto the discussion about the Banshee experience or Vacca if you like).

Tires. I've really only ever used Sports. How do they actually affect the ride? High End vs Sports? I've noticed at times the car's stock wheels from a particular class perform and look better. Thoughts?

Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

Old Fart

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:03 AM

Yeah, I never did hear if there was a definitive verdict on if the type of tire you got through the different wheel types actually changed performance in any way.

G37
  • G37

G

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:09 AM

Yeah, I never did hear if there was a definitive verdict on if the type of tire you got through the different wheel types actually changed performance in any way.

I'm under the impression that they do have some kind of effect, but same, no real verdict. Off-road for example adds traction, or should in that kind of environment. Idk what Sport vs. High End does. And Custom Atomic? Not sure what they does either actually.

wolfp212
  • wolfp212

CLWP

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:13 AM

I use my Banshee exclusively in Sports racing.  Win 1/4 of the time, place 2nd or 3rd 1/2 the time.  Very good car IMO.

Giantsgiants
  • Giantsgiants

Boss

• Members
  • Mauritius

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:17 AM

I have a fully upgraded Banshee on my second character. I mostly use my Banshee for driving around in free roam and going to car meets. I personally prefer the open top Banshee since it looks more like a cruising/show car. That being said, I have won a couple of races with it. However, I don't recommend using it in a race with good opponents in cars like the Elegy and Carbonizzare.

G37
  • G37

G

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:35 AM

Decided to amuse myself with a little test of sorts. Think it's somewhat interesting. These are the base stats of each vehicle when entering an LSC (yes not exactly accurate, we know this, entertaining though).

Banshee:

2qdn8us.jpg

Vacca:

ng3gps.jpg

Top Speed goes to the Vacca

Acceleration goes to the Banshee

Braking is about even

Traction goes to the Vacca

Again, yes, this is for my own amusement but I wanted to share. Fully modded both of them and set up a basic straight away timed race at LSIA. It was point to point, red pole light to red pole light.

First up was the Banshee, it certainly felt slower to me. It finished the strip in 22.80 seconds. I should note both are full 100% armor, how I would want it in Online.

Thought the Vacca would do much better. It finished that same distance in 23.64 seconds. Interesting. Granted in the long scheme of things, the Vacca will pull ahead but I thought it was interesting considering the context of this being used as a Free Roam vehicle.

rampage08
  • rampage08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:07 AM

Banshee is great when fully modded, what an underrated car. It catches grip just perfectly when you started to slip a bit.

bleedout28
  • bleedout28

"Upstanding Legitimate Businessman"

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:29 AM

I really don't see many players with this car, it's honestly been something that's always skipped over my radar as well.

For those of you that have it, do you recommend it? How does it stack up against others in the Sports class?

Thanks.

The advantage of the Banshee is its sleek design. It's narrow enough so that it can easily slip between car lanes in traffic. It's speed is decent, but its power lies in its maneuverability. I strongly suggest unlocking all of the engine, turbo, breaks and transmission upgrades for the sport class of cars to get the full benefit of the Banshee.

G37
  • G37

G

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:40 AM

I do and have. I quite like it. Considering I don't have never-ending funds, I'll try a shot at the Banshee hoping the first one HAS a roof.

Think any color is MORE likely to have a roof for this model or really all random?

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Work Writer's Discussion 2016 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]
    Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:56 AM

Since I can't do performance mods to any of my cars, I don't know what the Banshee is capable of, but the basic version I have really handles well for my ham-handed style of driving - it rarely spins out when I am coming out of a turn, its top speed is so-so, but it's fast enough for me to outrun the low-rank dipsh*ts, and I generally can keep it on the road, unlike many other cars.  So I like the Banshee. 

G37
  • G37

G

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:24 AM

Here goes.

G37
  • G37

G

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:01 AM

Looked up if particular colors had more chances for a hard top, came across an old thread here from google saying blue for a banshee did, at least in this person's case. Superstition or not, I went ahead and ordered one in blue. Sure enough, it came in hard top form (thankfully).

Love it, I'll make room for the Vacca eventually, but for now: 25k3eol.jpg

It's lame there's no window tint option though.

Ermac
  • Ermac

word is bond, bond is life

• The Yakuza
  • None
  • Hottest Nigga [All Time]
    GTAF Time Trials Hipster of the Year 2016
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:06 AM

My Banshee with my hex edited collors from my collor crew, i create all my [email protected] hexcollor creator:

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Had to glitch those dark windows on it because for some reason the banshee doesn't have the tainted windows mods at LSC.

How did you get the tinted windows?

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:44 AM

My Banshee with my hex edited collors from my collor crew, i create all my [email protected] hexcollor creator:

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Had to glitch those dark windows on it because for some reason the banshee doesn't have the tainted windows mods at LSC.

How did you get the tinted windows?

Start a new game *ofline* and as soon as it starts press start and go to online, chose Invite only session.

First you get your banshee out the garage and drive to LSC, park it in the yellow striped  zone next to the opening door, and press start, options and set spawn location to last location. 

Now get out of your car and just grab a random car that does have the option to taint the windows.

Drive that car into LSC, go to the menu to buy the tained roof and highlight Limo taint for windows, but don't buy it.

Now you leave it highlighted, press start, tap right all the way and go into the Playstation store for the cash cards and press X to go to the store. 'same on xbox'

Wait untill the store is fully loaded. Now press the PS button on your controller, go to your account and log out.

Single player/ofline will load into a new game, now log in again, and again press start, start invite only session and you should spawn in or near your banshee.

Now just drive the banshee into LSC

And it should teleport you a few feet in and the menu to chose the tainted glass should be open, and you can buy it.

PS:

You can also insure the Ratloader and clean rebbel with this trick if you keep the insure/put a tracker on menu open at LSC... however asap as you leave LSC it will delete the tracker and insurance.
  • Ermac, Luvie and A Maned Wolf like this

jdwarfer
  • jdwarfer

Gangsta

• Members
  • France

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:23 AM Edited by jdwarfer, 01 January 2014 - 08:23 AM.

I tried the Banshee. I don't like its engine sound but it has a very sexy design, like the Viper.

Why in hell did R* put in it an industrial vacuum cleaner instead of a V10 engine ? 

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:29 AM Edited by Ninja_Gear, 01 January 2014 - 08:31 AM.

I tried the Banshee. I don't like its engine sound but it has a very sexy design, like the Viper.

Why in hell did R* put in it an industrial vacuum cleaner instead of a V10 engine ? 

Most engine sounds in GTA games suck in general, but IMO it fits the car a bit... I'm happy the Ruiner sounds pretty damn good 'without the Turbo' that thing ruins the engine sound on all muscle cars.

The engine sounds at GTA games sound a bit like PSX generation car games IMO.

Just like the Banshee sounds almost the same as the Dodge Viper did in Test Drive 5

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=NRiB0s0JWww

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Supposed Contrarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:51 AM

Also another question I wanted to bring up (please keep adding onto the discussion about the Banshee experience or Vacca if you like).

Tires. I've really only ever used Sports. How do they actually affect the ride? High End vs Sports? I've noticed at times the car's stock wheels from a particular class perform and look better. Thoughts?

I'm under the impression that they do have some kind of effect, but same, no real verdict. Off-road for example adds traction, or should in that kind of environment. Idk what Sport vs. High End does. And Custom Atomic? Not sure what they does either actually.

The Custom/Atomic tires make a dramatic difference in handling. I avoided them because I didn't like the look, but I drove a friend's car w/ custom tires, then drove my identical car, same mods and all, minus the custom tires... I immediately put custom tires on all my cars. The increase in outright grip is very noticeable. Drive your favorite car around the block aggressively, install custom tires, then drive aggressively around the block again. You'll be surprised.

In regards to the Banshee, I had a fully modded one and got rid of it. It wasn't the quickest sportscar and it wasn't the fastest sportscar. But neither of those are a big deal to me. My biggest gripe with that car was the handling. A good portion of the cars in GTAV are prone to oversteer, but the well-sorted ones break away progressively and can be controlled and/or reeled in. The Banshee didn't feel like one of those cars. It was prone to snap oversteer and required that the driver pay careful attention to throttle inputs when exiting corners. It wasn't a bad car per se, but it lacked the on-throttle adjustability of the Coquette and the overall balance of the Feltzer, IMO.

G37
  • G37

G

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:51 AM Edited by G37, 01 January 2014 - 09:53 AM.

Interesting reads. I can say I've come to similar conclusions regarding tendencies to under or oversteer. I think that's why I like the Banshee, it's a sleek and modestly powerful Sports car. On top of that it shares a lot of driving dynamics with the Coquette and Comet. Minus the acceleration and speed, I would say it handles and behaves like something between those two - which is a positive for me because I adore both.

The Rapid GT was in the conversation for me before I made this thread getting input on the Banshee. I really wanted to love the GT. It had everything I wanted in a cruiser - except it needed a full block's length to turn.

I'd agree with the Custom Tires as well. I haven't had the time to test Wheel Types though, like what I mentioned earlier: Sport vs High End and how that affects grip and handling.

JumpingKentFlash
  • JumpingKentFlash

Homeboy

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:02 AM

Really love my Banshee. I've always had one in my garage, and not only in GTA V. It's in all games since GTA III. It's one of the cars that's always been there, and I've always had one. In GTA V, fully modded, it's very much like a muscle car. It handles very much like a fully modded Dominator. Mine's dark blue with an ice white stripe. Very GTA and very nice to have.
  • Ninja_Gear likes this

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:06 AM

Really love my Banshee. I've always had one in my garage, and not only in GTA V. It's in all games since GTA III. It's one of the cars that's always been there, and I've always had one. In GTA V, fully modded, it's very much like a muscle car. It handles very much like a fully modded Dominator. Mine's dark blue with an ice white stripe. Very GTA and very nice to have.

DOge.+wow+skill+doge_65934b_4755010.jpg

Very GTA and very nice to have!

• Zenzic, Eutyphro, Biohazard Abyss and 1 other like this

JumpingKentFlash
  • JumpingKentFlash

Homeboy

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:01 AM

Lol

BoJack Cognac
  • BoJack Cognac

Cowboy and Rap Star

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:22 PM

Banshee looks pretty cool if you rock the colors.

JustRob
  • JustRob

Homie

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:39 PM

I want it in real life

Rockstar+games+2013+GTA+Bravado+Banshee_

dlow
  • dlow

Just an Old Man

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:42 PM

I have had 4 Banshees i got rid of the first one because i didnt like the open top version........but the other 3 have been hardtops (i have one under each of my Characters) and a third on a different account

A buddy got a hardtop after i got rid of my open top version, i asked him how he said he just got lucky .....he said he placed his order for a blue one and got a hard top

So thats when i tried again .ordered it in blue and i got the hard top, i did the same for my second character and the different account and got hard tops both times......now maybe it was just luck ....but it happened 3 times in a row

As far as racing goes i like the feltzer better, it will take off and leave the Banshee if there is any open road, if someone of a good amount of drifting skill is driving it, it becomes a good contender in races because of its acceleration, but in the hands of a novice the ass end looseness can be a big disadvantage

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:46 PM Edited by Ninja_Gear, 01 January 2014 - 04:10 PM.

I have had 4 Banshees i got rid of the first one because i didnt like the open top version........but the other 3 have been hardtops (i have one under each of my Characters) and a third on a different account

A buddy got a hardtop after i got rid of my open top version, i asked him how he said he just got lucky .....he said he placed his order for a blue one and got a hard top

So thats when i tried again .ordered it in blue and i got the hard top, i did the same for my second character and the different account and got hard tops both times......now maybe it was just luck ....but it happened 3 times in a row

As far as racing goes i like the feltzer better, it will take off and leave the Banshee if there is any open road, if someone of a good amount of drifting skill is driving it, it becomes a good contender in races because of its acceleration, but in the hands of a novice the ass end looseness can be a big disadvantage

I bought blue to, hard top as seen above, the white/blue one is mine.

I want it in real life

Rockstar+games+2013+GTA+Bravado+Banshee_

Yeah it looks sweet. But i'm happy with my real muscle car, which i'm gonna give her a nice new paintjob next summer, Its gonna be repainted in the original collor. The original red collor has fainted a bit to much IMO. She only got 60k on the counter and its really rare in the Netherlands. 

2eby0bl.jpg

Its a Pontiac Trans am Firebird 1986... great car with an awesome sounding V8.

Ravey Davey
  • Ravey Davey

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:50 PM

I got a blue Banshee and it was a hardtop, so that might be the answer if you want a hardtop.
A stock Banshee isn't brilliant, but once you upgrade it you'll get on fine with it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users