Bravado Banshee

137 replies to this topic
G37
  • G37

G

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:52 PM

I really don't see many players with this car, it's honestly been something that's always skipped over my radar as well.

For those of you that have it, do you recommend it? How does it stack up against others in the Sports class?

Thanks.

Lazysunday88
  • Lazysunday88

Prankster

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:55 PM

Most of the time if I see one on the street I'll hop in it, thinking I will like it.  I'm wrong every time.  I'm not going to knock the car completely, because it's likely it's just my personal taste but I really do not like the way it handles.  Looks cool though.  Try it in a few solo races to get an idea of it if you are considering buying.  If you have a certain driving style it might work great for you.

If you mainly freeroam it should work okay, but if you plan to use it for races, you will be at a slight disadvantage compared to other better racing vehicles in the sports class.

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:00 AM

I love my Banshee. Ive won a good number of races with it, against friends of mine also in fully modded cars. All comes down to preference & driving skill.

G37
  • G37

G

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:06 AM Edited by G37, 01 January 2014 - 12:07 AM.

I'm either considering this or the Vacca to replace a spot in my garage - currently saving.

They seem similar in certain respects, haven't driven the Banshee yet though.

FYI I love the Coquette + Comet, if that helps.

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:07 AM Edited by S-M-O-K-E, 01 January 2014 - 12:08 AM.

Cant honestly compare the two as ive never driven a Vacca. Its one of the few i have yet to try.

Not a huge Coquette fan but the Comet is fantastic. You will like the Banshee i think.

G37
  • G37

G

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:08 AM Edited by G37, 01 January 2014 - 12:09 AM.

Ah, gotcha. This is purely for free roam + missions, as I have my Feltzer for races (love it as well). It just seems very uncommon which is a plus if it delivers on the road.

Justin..
  • Justin..

Thug

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:09 AM

Vacca handles well provided you know it's limit. It's sticks to the road well

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:10 AM

Dont base your opinion of the Banshee in its stock form. A totally different car when fully modded.
  • Sugar Free Nos likes this

Raylion
  • Raylion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:10 AM

I love the engine noise of the Banshee and if I had a few extra places in my garage I would have one but I couldn't replace my Feltzer...a must have sports car.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

Megidoloan for everyone!

• Members
  • Cuba

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:12 AM

Banshee is TERRIBLE stock.

But FM it's decent.

G37
  • G37

G

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:15 AM

I regard the Coquette as the best in class, not necessarily because it's tops in acceleration or speed, because it's not, but because it's so easy to drive and correct. The Comet and Feltzer expand upon that in different areas, so they're naturally very comfortable for me to drive and know how to drive.

Of course, wanted to see public opinion on it before I tried it out modded in Story Mode. 

Vacca also crosses my mind, I have one slot and $240K is my limit.

Vacca or Banshee?

moostered
  • moostered

Hustler

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:15 AM

I'm either considering this or the Vacca to replace a spot in my garage - currently saving.

They seem similar in certain respects, haven't driven the Banshee yet though.

FYI I love the Coquette + Comet, if that helps.

Vacca

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

Megidoloan for everyone!

• Members
  • Cuba

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:18 AM

I regard the Coquette as the best in class, not necessarily because it's tops in acceleration or speed, because it's not, but because it's so easy to drive and correct. The Comet and Feltzer expand upon that in different areas, so they're naturally very comfortable for me to drive and know how to drive.

Of course, wanted to see public opinion on it before I tried it out modded in Story Mode. 

Vacca or Banshee?

Vacca is really ugly from behind, so Banshee.

Banshee is also rare to see players using.  The top speed on Legendary Motorsport is probably the reason.

G37
  • G37

G

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:19 AM

Vacca or Banshee?

Banshee is also rare to see players using.  The top speed on Legendary Motorsport is probably the reason.

Indeed, I wish those stats were more accurate - however, I've seen a lot of stories and testing saying the Banshee in fact has one of the highest top speeds, true or false?

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

Megidoloan for everyone!

• Members
  • Cuba

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:21 AM

It has really good acceleration.  

I feel it goes fast enough.  I still prefer the Coquette.

Lazysunday88
  • Lazysunday88

Prankster

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:22 AM Edited by Lazysunday88, 01 January 2014 - 12:22 AM.

http://jeffersonkim....ics-list-gta-5/

Scroll down past the video for the actual stats by category.  For those that want to see the actual stats.

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:22 AM

My Banshee with my hex edited collors from my collor crew, i create all my collors@ hexcollor creator:

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Had to glitch those dark windows on it because for some reason the banshee doesn't have the tainted windows mods at LSC.

After being used:

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Its at least as fast as a cheetah, top speed is higher or at least the same though for sure.

Raylion
  • Raylion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:22 AM Edited by Raylion, 01 January 2014 - 12:25 AM.

Vacca or Banshee?

I've got a Vacca and I do like it...only thing that bothers me on occasion is the initial acceleration/traction as it can wheel spin a little.  Apart from that its a great car (not as precise as an Entity but then its a lot cheaper).  It also offers good cover to hide behind on missions.

I did have a Banshee a long time ago before I settled on my Feltzer...I can't remember much about the handling if I'm honest but I don't recall anything negative about it.  However, it doesn't offer much protection when using it as cover on missions (mine didn't have the roof).

I would say the Vacca would be the better option overall.

moostered
  • moostered

Hustler

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:22 AM

Vacca or Banshee?

How is the vacca ugly from any angle.And the banshee is rarer because it's a horrible car

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

Megidoloan for everyone!

• Members
  • Cuba

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:26 AM

Its at least as fast as a cheetah, top speed is higher or at least the same though for sure.

Hell no it's not that fast, lol.

How is the vacca ugly from any angle.And the banshee is rarer because it's a horrible car

No.

G37
  • G37

G

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:30 AM

http://jeffersonkim....ics-list-gta-5/

Scroll down past the video for the actual stats by category.  For those that want to see the actual stats.

I'll have to scope that out, I used to look at the IGN one in the beginning which also isn't fully accurate either.

Vacca or Banshee?

I've got a Vacca and I do like it...only thing that bothers me on occasion is the initial acceleration/traction as it can wheel spin a little.  Apart from that its a great car (not as precise as an Entity but then its a lot cheaper).  It also offers good cover to hide behind on missions.

I did have a Banshee a long time ago before I settled on my Feltzer...I can't remember much about the handling if I'm honest but I don't recall anything negative about it.  However, it doesn't offer much protection when using it as cover on missions (mine didn't have the roof).

I would say the Vacca would be the better option overall.

That's interesting, of course all insight and experience is helpful and appreciated. The Rapid GT was in the mix before these two as well. I really wanted to love it. The handling, styling and acceleration were all there. But it had a turning radius the size of a yacht so I ultimately had to rule it out to Banshee or Vacca.

moostered
  • moostered

Hustler

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:32 AM

The banshee doesn't even compare to the vacca.The vacca is faster,better handling,better looking and of course better sounding.No competition.

liquidussnake119
  • liquidussnake119

Bitcher and Moaner

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:53 AM

I love my Banshee.  The way it looks, drives, handles.

But, I'm sure there are cars that are "better" than it.  I don't care.  Banshee is my favorite.

• JRC99, PerceusSOZ and Biohazard Abyss like this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

Megidoloan for everyone!

• Members
  • Cuba

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:59 AM

But, I'm sure there are cars that are "better" than it.  I don't care.  Banshee is my favorite.

There's too many people caring about cars that are statistically better.

A Comet is a way more fun drive than a Carboniboring any day of the week.

• Lazysunday88 likes this

liquidussnake119
  • liquidussnake119

Bitcher and Moaner

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:04 AM

Truth.  The cars with the best stats tend to be the ones that look bad.

Honestly, I think the only vehicle with the "best" stats I like is the Gauntlet.  And even then, I take a Sabre Turbo or a Vigero over it in my garage any day.  

/Tuomaz
  • /Tuomaz

都真寿

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:20 AM Edited by Tuomaz_, 01 January 2014 - 01:26 AM.

It is one of the well-designed cars in V and the V10 sounds pretty nice too, but as R* dumbed down the handling, it's just another boring car to drive. It used to me so much more fun in IV. ;(

Anyway, I'd buy a Banshee over that boring Vacca for sure.

G37
  • G37

G

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:21 AM Edited by G37, 01 January 2014 - 01:23 AM.

Which is why I will always opt a Coquette (as well as Comet, Surano and most definitely a Feltzer) over a Carbonizzare. Like I said, I really wanted to love the Rapid GT, the cornering abilities are garbage though - which is unfortunate because I quite like the Exemplar and own one.

Did some tests with the Banshee in Story Mode. It's a little stiff, but I can drive it very similarly to something like a Coquette (doesn't seem as tail happy as say a Comet or Surano).

The top speed is putting me off somewhat, and again, I'm curious how others seem to have it ranked among the best in top speed in Story Mode. I'd also rather not spend $100K and not get a roof. That's random I'm assuming?

Lazysunday88
  • Lazysunday88

Prankster

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:27 AM

Agree.  These days I'm pretty much not even racing anymore so I'm finding myself replacing vehicles in my garage with ones that I actually enjoy looking at and driving, regardless of stats.  Hell even for those people that race, with slipstreaming and catchup, any minor differences in stats pretty much get tossed out the window.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

Megidoloan for everyone!

• Members
  • Cuba

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:27 AM

Yeah it's random.

Sucks to get a roofless one because you die easier during missions  :lol:

G37
  • G37

G

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:32 AM

Yeah it's random.

Sucks to get a roofless one because you die easier during missions  :lol:

Lol yea, I tend to not use my Surano as much because of it.

Regarding a roof, I do not own a vehicle such as the Vacca/Infernus/Monroe/etc that have slotted body gaps where the rear window is, does that actually help reduce the frequency of damage taken by gunfire?

I noticed the Vacca has no glass in the back, just the slats. The Infernus, I cannot remember if it's just slats or also has glass.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users